Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,494
    PJNB said:
    Moody center announced Sting on Sept 17th today, presale Sept 20th. Wonder if that means the PJ announcement will be later. 
    April 20th is Livenations presale for Sting 

April 20th will be Pearl Jams presale for 10C. Completely different things that can happen together. 
    ☝️
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    pjl44 said:
    Moody center announced Sting on Sept 17th today, presale Sept 20th. Wonder if that means the PJ announcement will be later. 
    They'll never sell any tickets that way
    Exactly, who in their right mind will buy Sting tickets when PJ is playing the next couple of nights. 
  • Options
    2023 tour merch - You all have survived every day and probably not once thought about how much better your life would be with X city 2023 poster and sticker.   Now, knowing this, think about going to a Pearl Jam concert and sleeping in until 10am on show day, walking around the city, grabbing lunch, dinner and a few brews, and then heading into the show with no bag of merch or poster tube that you are watching like a hawk so it doesn't get stolen or damaged.    It is liberating.  
    HEY.... you know what....... i didnt need to feel this way today and i hope you get a parmesan chicken sandwich today that isnt crispy at all.
    Okay, maybe everyone but Gee here.
    Your post made me LOL.  It reminded me of Rome.... My wife KNEW going in that i was going to get a poster.... showed up super early and NO posters at all.  I think i remember hearing they were are  gone before the merch tent even opened.  So i paid a ton for one online, concert was incredible though
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    pjl44 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    mace1229 said:
    What am I missing, why does everyone think the announcement is today?
    We have woken up every day for the last two weeks thinking the announcement is that day. That said, have a great feeling about tomorrow.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    2023 tour merch - You all have survived every day and probably not once thought about how much better your life would be with X city 2023 poster and sticker.   Now, knowing this, think about going to a Pearl Jam concert and sleeping in until 10am on show day, walking around the city, grabbing lunch, dinner and a few brews, and then heading into the show with no bag of merch or poster tube that you are watching like a hawk so it doesn't get stolen or damaged.    It is liberating.  
    When we got to Nashville, saw the line, and went directly for a Cajun Burrito at Mojos (RIP). Got a message from a friend that it had gotten more insane. Went to Bearded Iris Brewing, enjoyed some cold beers. Got to the show a smidge early, got to our section and waited in line five minutes to get everything. I felt real bad for all them folks in line all day.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:

Do all the people at that Sting show on the 17th:

A. Have no idea how they got there but it's revealed to them 3 days later when they get presale tickets and are shuffled off to a Delorean

Or

B. Know exactly what's going on and are equally as excited to know they will score on the presale and get a Delorean ride
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:

Do all the people at that Sting show on the 17th:

A. Have no idea how they got there but it's revealed to them 3 days later when they get presale tickets and are shuffled off to a Delorean

Or

B. Know exactly what's going on and are equally as excited to know they will score on the presale and get a Delorean ride
    The Sting show is the least cool part of this trip 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    We have woken up every day for the last two weeks thinking the announcement is that day. That said, have a great feeling about tomorrow.
    Well if there's a tour, that'll have to be true on one of these days

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    edited April 2023
    When we got to Nashville, saw the line, and went directly for a Cajun Burrito at Mojos (RIP). Got a message from a friend that it had gotten more insane. Went to Bearded Iris Brewing, enjoyed some cold beers. Got to the show a smidge early, got to our section and waited in line five minutes to get everything. I felt real bad for all them folks in line all day.
    That's exactly how it was in OKC as well....crazy long line outside. We just walked in and grabbed what we wanted. Now that I think of it, the same thing happened at PJ20 as well. They had everything inside. We grabbed our posters, walked over to the UPS store on-site and shipped them home. (They had quite the journey after being lost for weeks, but eventually made it)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    That's exactly how it was in OKC as well....crazy long line outside. We just walked in and grabbed what we wanted. Now that I think of it, the same thing happened at PJ20 as well. They had everything inside. We grabbed our posters, walked over to the UPS store on-site and shipped them home. (They had quite the journey after being lost for weeks, but eventually made it)
    After Rome happened, i decided i wasnt showing up early again.  Had tickets to Oakland in 2020 and held on to them for 2022.  Showed up on time and had plenty of access to posters.  I obviously love this new change, 
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Luckily for the next day at Louisville, I had two friends on the ground at the festival, that went over, got merch for us. Met up outside the hotel, and dumped it in the room, and went to the fest.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    mfc2006 said:
    After Rome happened, i decided i wasnt showing up early again.  Had tickets to Oakland in 2020 and held on to them for 2022.  Showed up on time and had plenty of access to posters.  I obviously love this new change, 
    When we went to Imola last year, EVERYTHING was gone by the time we got to the booth. 
    Then we're leaving, and there's this open booth with EVERYTHING in stock. Filled up, walked to the hotel that night and crashed.

Edit: I did have to give up my Sear How Now Pearl Jam metal water jug at the security line. Which I was NOT happy about. But that was on me. 

Post edited by jamofpearls on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mfc2006 said:
    Luckily for the next day at Louisville, I had two friends on the ground at the festival, that went over, got merch for us. Met up outside the hotel, and dumped it in the room, and went to the fest.

We had some friends that did that at Ohana 1 in 2021 that grabbed posters for us. We picked them up and we just dumped everything in the car and hung out for a couple of hours before heading back to the festival.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    93x has a major concert announcement tomorrow
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525
    Since I looked that up that it's MNPLS...I'll say that's a good omen?!
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,294
    93xrt? If so it could always be Los Lobos or Poi Dog, they consider that major.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,301
    ln St Louis,  I looked at the line and ended up touring the arch and going to Wishlist..got to arena hpur before opening..got all my merch. Just was annoying with the tube in the stands but better than all day line. 
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    93xrt? If so it could always be Los Lobos or Poi Dog, they consider that major.
    To be fair those are two great bands. Well, Los Lobos at least is great. Poi Dog is probably a fun show. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    deb1211 said:
    ln St Louis,  I looked at the line and ended up touring the arch and going to Wishlist..got to arena hpur before opening..got all my merch. Just was annoying with the tube in the stands but better than all day line. 
    I suggest a cooler sling. Its meant to hold like 6+ beers (or soda) in a line. I have one just for concerts. It rolls and folds down pretty small, so it fits in a pocket, fanny pack or purse. Pop it out when you get your poster and tube. Plus, you can kind of pretend you're a samurai.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Well if there's a tour, that'll have to be true on one of these days

Quite literally the "broken clock" method of prediction optimism 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,301
    deb1211 said:
    I suggest a cooler sling. Its meant to hold like 6+ beers (or soda) in a line. I have one just for concerts. It rolls and folds down pretty small, so it fits in a pocket, fanny pack or purse. Pop it out when you get your poster and tube. Plus, you can kind of pretend you're a samurai.
    Thanks. I didn't know that existed. If you know of one I can look up online, I'd appreciate it. I did a fast search but the ones I saw didn't look long enough.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    What do Cheech and Chong, Dazed and Confused, and Half Baked all have in common with a date? 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 98
    Did they give a time for the announcement? 
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    deb1211 said:
    Thanks. I didn't know that existed. If you know of one I can look up online, I'd appreciate it. I did a fast search but the ones I saw didn't look long enough.
    Here's a good one. Almost 30 inches long. Just get yourself a narrow tube and you'll be all set!

Poster Sling
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    As we wait for the tour announcement, can't help but look at things glass half full and be grateful I am not a Frank Ocean fan. Dude hasn't played a live show since 2017, but was the Cochella headliner.  Apparently, he showed up an hour late to his set (11pm), refused to livestream (as other acts had done) and since the curfew was midnight, he only "performed" for an hour. And by his standards, apparently "perform" means a set that included pre-recorded songs, mostly remixes, played over the speakers. 

We may have to be patient waiting for the announcement, but at least they care about their fans and would never pull a garbage move like that. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803
    deb1211 said:
    deb1211 said:
    Here's a good one. Almost 30 inches long. Just get yourself a narrow tube and you'll be all set!

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    tschav said:
    deb1211 said:
    deb1211 said:

I shouldn’t laugh at this but I did.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    So Sting 4/20 on sale.  I know the source who said there’s a 4/20 PJ on sale was Fort Worth not Austin but this seems like a coincidence and maybe the 4/20 was always Sting.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    EMizner said:
    Did they give a time for the announcement? 
    No