Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    pjl44 said:
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Williston said:
    kkballe said:
    Been lurking, waiting for more announcements.  Decided to look for myself.  Found these .json files with show info...

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23161.json "Saturday, September 30, 2023" "Ohana Festival" "Dana Point, CA"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23162.json "Thursday, August 31, 2023"  "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23163.json "Saturday, September 02, 2023" "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23164.json "Tuesday, September 05, 2023"  "United Center"  "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23165.json "Thursday, September 07, 2023"  "United Center" "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23166.json "Sunday, September 10, 2023"  "Ruoff Music Center" "Indianapolis, IN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23167.json "Wednesday, September 13, 2023"  "Dickies Arena" "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23168.json "Friday, September 15, 2023"  "Dickies Arena"  "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23169.json "Monday, September 18, 2023" "Moody Center"  "Austin, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23170.json "Tuesday, September 19, 2023" "Moody Center" "Austin, TX"

Nothing not already "known" and nothing past the second Austin show so far...

MGM Grand Arena is open the week in between Austin and Ohana. 

Don't tease.

What about the Golden 1 Center?
    They've got events on the 23rd and 27th.  

As for Vegas though, I'd love to see them at the new MSG Sphere, but I don't think it'll be ready by then.
    It wont be ready, U2 hasn’t even announced the dates yet of their shows yet cause they don’t even know if construction will be done by September
    Opening October 6th for the Postcard from Earth 'movie' that was made for the sphere. Tickets already on sale via ticketmaster, but no official date for U2 yet. Sounds like the whole concept is struggling to find acts that want to invest in the process of making a show for the sphere's screens.  
    This seems like a prime project for Tool
    1,000%. 

I was racking my brain to think of who it would appeal to…the Sphere that is.   

Tool and Radiohead came to mind but likely not what the booking folks are looking for, lol
    I think a Tool installation for that would move serious tickets
    We'd be all over it.

I don't travel much for shows any more but would be in for this in a heartbeat 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Williston said:
    kkballe said:
    Been lurking, waiting for more announcements.  Decided to look for myself.  Found these .json files with show info...

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23161.json "Saturday, September 30, 2023" "Ohana Festival" "Dana Point, CA"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23162.json "Thursday, August 31, 2023"  "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23163.json "Saturday, September 02, 2023" "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23164.json "Tuesday, September 05, 2023"  "United Center"  "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23165.json "Thursday, September 07, 2023"  "United Center" "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23166.json "Sunday, September 10, 2023"  "Ruoff Music Center" "Indianapolis, IN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23167.json "Wednesday, September 13, 2023"  "Dickies Arena" "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23168.json "Friday, September 15, 2023"  "Dickies Arena"  "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23169.json "Monday, September 18, 2023" "Moody Center"  "Austin, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23170.json "Tuesday, September 19, 2023" "Moody Center" "Austin, TX"

Nothing not already "known" and nothing past the second Austin show so far...

MGM Grand Arena is open the week in between Austin and Ohana. 

Don't tease.

What about the Golden 1 Center?
    They've got events on the 23rd and 27th.  

As for Vegas though, I'd love to see them at the new MSG Sphere, but I don't think it'll be ready by then.
    It wont be ready, U2 hasn’t even announced the dates yet of their shows yet cause they don’t even know if construction will be done by September
    Opening October 6th for the Postcard from Earth 'movie' that was made for the sphere. Tickets already on sale via ticketmaster, but no official date for U2 yet. Sounds like the whole concept is struggling to find acts that want to invest in the process of making a show for the sphere's screens.  
    This seems like a prime project for Tool
    1,000%. 

I was racking my brain to think of who it would appeal to…the Sphere that is.   

Tool and Radiohead came to mind but likely not what the booking folks are looking for, lol
    Just getting Radiohead in the same room together would be quite a feat. They seem way more interested in side projects the last several years. But if that ever happened, I'd definitely be booking a flight.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    Can someone do a quick summary as to why there's suspicions of a joint PJ x Neil Young tour?

Thanks ahead of time
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    Can someone do a quick summary as to why there's suspicions of a joint PJ x Neil Young tour?

Thanks ahead of time
    Sure.

Neil has said in a few different places since late last year that he and “some friends” had been talking about doing a totally sustainable tour for 7 - 8 months.

It would be a multiple (as in more than 1, not necessarily several) band tour to promote good farm grown food and sustainable energy.

In recent months, he’s been looking at venues for summer per his words.

Micah Nelson has also noted that he may play with Neil and Crazy Horse this summer.

There are two gaps in Micah’s schedule, one that’s 2-3 weeks in June and then mid August onward.

Neil has committed to playing Farm Aid which is Sep 23rd and typically likes to play a string of 5 - 10 dates at a time (at least pre COVID).

The timing lines up identically with Pearl Jam’s dates including the last known show being Sep 19 in Austin prior to Farm Aid on Sep 23.

Farm Aid is likely somewhere around TN, Carolinas (was there last year), or Georgia based on Margo Price (a Farm Aid board member) headlining in Nashville next day (Franklin, TN).

In addition, Mirror Ball Live Album and Film is expected later this year per Neil.

Finally, 2 nights in Minnesota, Dallas, and Austin sounds odd considering they only played LA and Oakland as two night stands last year, yet this tour’s known dates was nearly entirely two night stands or at least the holds (Noblesville HAD holds for 2 nights).  Seems strange considering they typically haven’t played two nights in those places in the past.

Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    Doug87 said:

Thanks ahead of time
    Sure.

Neil has said in a few different places since late last year that he and “some friends” had been talking about doing a totally sustainable tour for 7 - 8 months.

It would be a multiple (as in more than 1, not necessarily several) band tour to promote good farm grown food and sustainable energy.

Micah Nelson has also noted that he may play with Neil and Crazy Horse this summer.

There are two gaps in Micah’s schedule, one that’s 2-3 weeks in June and then mid August onward.

Neil has committed to playing Farm Aid which is Sep 23rd and typically likes to play a string of 5 - 10 dates at a time (at least pre COVID).

The timing lines up identically with Pearl Jam’s dates including the last known show being Sep 19 in Austin prior to Farm Aid on Sep 23.

Farm Aid is likely somewhere around TN, Carolinas (was there last year), or Georgia based on Margo Price (a Farm Aid board member) headlining in Nashville next day (Franklin, TN).

In addition, Mirror Ball Live Album and Film is expected later this year per Neil.

Please don’t scare us anymore lol. We don’t need Neil eating up stage time from Pearl Jam during their first non-festival show in Austin since 1995!
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272
    pjl44 said:
    CO278952 said:
    vedpunk said:
    With all due respect to Neil Young, I would much prefer PJ play with a more youthful band to keep them on their toes and bring some energy to the overall show.  But would much prefer An Evening with JUST Pearl Jam :)
    100% this conjecture about co-headliner is so strange. Lots of hot air in here today. 

You might be more interested in the Official 2023 Tour Rock Solid Info Thread
    Lol yes sign me up 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Doug87 said:

Thanks ahead of time
    Sure.

Please don’t scare us anymore lol. We don’t need Neil eating up stage time from Pearl Jam during their first non-festival show in Austin since 1995!
    Lol

I’m just saying a lot of it would line up.

either a ton of coincidences or there’s something to this, either way, sounds like we’ll find out soon.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,512
    Stone's been thinking about Radiohead lately... or he was in 2020
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Farm Aid was in the Carolinas last year but in Hartford, CT the year before. It moves around. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Farm Aid was in the Carolinas last year but in Hartford, CT the year before. It moves around. 
    Pure guess of Atlanta for this year based on Willie’s schedule and Margo’s.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    Count me out of there is some co heading nonsense. 

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    I'd travel to a co headliner show.  Not interested in Neil Young one bit though.  I'd be pumped if it was the strokes or jack white.  Let's skip Josh this tour as opener please.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    edited April 2023
    vedpunk said:
    Turnstile to open 🤘🏼
    I don't think the GA audience is up for climbing onstage and diving back out anymore :lol:   Might need someone to lead in calisthenics after doors open.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    vedpunk said:
    Turnstile to open 🤘🏼
    I don't think the GA audience is up for climbing onstage and diving back out anymore :lol:   Might need someone to lead in calisthenics after doors open.  
    It would at least introduce Pearl Jam to a new young audience.  They haven’t always been the best at choosing an opener that does that. Instead relying on friends and oldies. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So, if this theory does hold, and it is a co-headliner tour, would that make people more or less excited about going? I mean, much respect to Neil. But I know a lot of ppl who are just in it for Pearl Jam and want to get as much of them as they can.
    I m not a Neil fan at all.  I definitely wouldn’t travel to see a co headliner show.  
    The Neil/PJ You Are duet will be epic. 
     This just ruined my day.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    Turnstile to open 🤘🏼
    It would at least introduce Pearl Jam to a new young audience.  They haven’t always been the best at choosing an opener that does that. Instead relying on friends and oldies. 
    Turnstile would be amazing.  Almost like the At the Drive In rumors we heard back then.  If we're talking coheadliners I'll choose Tame Impala.  Hard to find younger arena rock bands. 
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    The longer it takes to announce dates, the more fervent/fantastical this thread gets…if this keeps up, by the end of next week we’ll be talking about a Alt Trip in Indo with PJ, Radiohead, RHCP, Tool, RATM, and Oasis. 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplum said:
    The longer it takes to announce dates, the more fervent/fantastical this thread gets…if this keeps up, by the end of next week we’ll be talking about a Alt Trip in Indo with PJ, Radiohead, RHCP, Tool, RATM, and Oasis. 
    OMG! This sounds amazing! What are the rumored dates?? ;)
  • Options
    The focus for the fanbase should actually be on Austin BBQ. 

What line will be talked about more---  the merch lines or the brisket lines?   
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    edited April 2023
    Maybe Farm Aid is in Philly at the Mann Center on Sept 16th

PJ plays Dallas Friday night, flies to Philly for a brief set at Farm Aid on Saturday, while their stage and equipment goes on to Austin

Could also explain the random Philly skyline picture nudged in between Dallas and Austin in the April fools video 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    mwplum said:
    OMG! This sounds amazing! What are the rumored dates?? ;)
    Hotel = booked 
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Last I heard, which was a month ago, Farm aid is planned to be in Noblesville at Ruoff on 9.23
  • Options

PJ plays Dallas Friday night, flies to Philly for a brief set at Farm Aid on Saturday, while their stage and equipment goes on to Austin

Could also explain the random Philly skyline picture nudged in between Dallas and Austin in the April fools video 
    I think Eddie feels like a better fit for Farm Aid than PJ, especially if they still have everyone else play before the main 4 (haven't really paid attention in years). But it'd be cool if they did.
  • Options
    setlist41 said:
    Last I heard, which was a month ago, Farm aid is planned to be in Noblesville at Ruoff on 9.23
    Alright well then we can kill the Neil and PJ tour idea as zero shot of Neil playing the same venue twice that close together, especially not two nights as was originally on hold.

I originally thought Noblesville for Farm Aid given the history there, Margo playing Nashville next day (has to be location that’s within half a days drive of Nashville) and so that was where the Atlanta idea came from as Farm Aid in Noblesville was the major glaring hole and would be the death blow for the Neil/PJ idea.
  • Options

Won’t be Philly as Outlaw Tour goes there which is Willie and the Family.

Farm Aid and Outlaw Tour haven’t even been
    at the same place.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Ever wonder why PJ or EV have never played Farm Aid? Friendly with Neil, Willie and Lukas. EV has performed with Dave Matthews. A whole variety of acts have played Farm Aid including Guns 'n' Roses and Eddie Van Halen. The festival is built around the little guy, and restorative earth friendly practices. It mostly feels like it would be right up EV's alley.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    setlist41 said:
    Alright well then we can kill the Neil and PJ tour idea as zero shot of Neil playing the same venue twice that close together, especially not two nights as was originally on hold.

I originally thought Noblesville for Farm Aid given the history there, Margo playing Nashville next day (has to be location that’s within half a days drive of Nashville) and so that was where the Atlanta idea came from as Farm Aid in Noblesville was the major glaring hole and would be the death blow for the Neil/PJ idea.
    Only scenario in which I could see that not being true is if the reason PJ dropped the one Noblesville hold was to do as a one off without Neil. 

As in Neil doesn’t play Noblesville but the other two night stands are with Neil.

In which case, Noblesville gig would likely be the most popular gig of the tour for Pearl Jam fans.

In that scenario, 4 cities or 8 gigs out of 10 would be coheadlining if Vegas happens. 
  • Options

Though this is not gonna happen, If PJ played early, I'd be more than happy to leave when they were done and get home early. Getting old sucks.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272
    If we are talking Farm Aid we gotta be thinking barns right?
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,047
    Pearl Jam is not touring with Neil Young in September.  Entertain yourselves as much as you want with “what ifs” but that is not what is happening.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago