Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 160
    edited April 2023
    The other possibility is, they’re touring together, but not performing the same nights. I remember The Who and Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes did this back in summer 2000, they shared crew, stage setup, traveled together etc and then Who would play a venue one night and Jimmy & The Crowes the next. That seems more likely where Neil plays the night in between PJ in St Paul, Chicago and Ft Worth, maybe even plays the 11th in Indy. I haven’t checked the schedules to see if this is possible, but was just a thought. 

Then Neil would sit in for a Mirror Ball song or two each night and Eddie would go sing with Neil at his shows.
    Post edited by JD87070 on
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,270
    Ryan said:
    Pearl Jam is not touring with Neil Young in September.  Entertain yourselves as much as you want with “what ifs” but that is not what is happening.
    a voice of reason in a sea of horseshit. Love it.
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    mcgruff10 said:
    So, if this theory does hold, and it is a co-headliner tour, would that make people more or less excited about going? I mean, much respect to Neil. But I know a lot of ppl who are just in it for Pearl Jam and want to get as much of them as they can.
    I m not a Neil fan at all.  I definitely wouldn’t travel to see a co headliner show.  
    Agree 100%
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    Folks, this is the rumor thread. Horseshit is and always will be stacked neck deep. It is your responsibility - nay, your obligation - to wade through it without whining. If you want pure, distilled truth go to Facebook.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    Go Animal said:
    Stone's been thinking about Radiohead lately... or he was in 2020

• Options
    Ryan said:
    Pearl Jam is not touring with Neil Young in September.  Entertain yourselves as much as you want with “what ifs” but that is not what is happening.
    Do you go to Globetrotters games and announce to the section that the Generals will lose?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    pjl44 said:
    Ryan said:
    Do you go to Globetrotters games and announce to the section that the Generals will lose?
    🤣
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,038
    I think BIG Things might be a cryptic clue!? Or a clue of some kind? 
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,270
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

you are 100% on to something.  Big Salad!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

• Options
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

Hologram?

• Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    CROJAM95 said:

Plenty of people I know in their 40s pull a muscle going from the couch to the toilet 🤣

Tore my quad running to first playing softball and 38.... can't imagine in my 60s!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525
    SB117186 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Plenty of people I know in their 40s pull a muscle going from the couch to the toilet 🤣

Tore my quad running to first playing softball and 38.... can't imagine in my 60s!
    I'm a physical therapist x 34 years.... that's a crappy injury... long rehab... hang in 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    CROJAM95 said:
    Steady wins the race. Take what you can get, they’ve never broken up or tried to sell themselves as Pearl Jam being one or 2/5ths of the original lineup like a bunch of other bands.

it’s not uncommon to do a few shows a year when there is no new record

We don’t know what we don’t know

they are human beings… maybe just maybe one or more members can’t for whatever reason tour for months on end ie medical/ family situation etc 

oh yea… they are getting older, and for guys 60 & over or approaching it… not to shabby

rock & roll truly a fantasy in somes head… age/health doesn’t factor in

2/5ths original? What am I missing?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    CROJAM95 said:
    Steady wins the race. Take what you can get, they’ve never broken up or tried to sell themselves as Pearl Jam being one or 2/5ths of the original lineup like a bunch of other bands.

they are human beings… maybe just maybe one or more members can’t for whatever reason tour for months on end ie medical/ family situation etc 

oh yea… they are getting older, and for guys 60 & over or approaching it… not to shabby

He's saying they're not 2/5...which may be a reference to dmb, which is 3/5. One died. One turned out to be a perv.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

He's saying they're not 2/5...which may be a reference to dmb, which is 3/5. One died. One turned out to be a perv.

Gotcha. When the mind is distracted on a PJ thread and there's five members of PJ...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,520
    Referencing other bands who have only one or two original members left  

Tour under original name… 

• Options
    MsharleydavidsonMsharleydavidson Columbus Posts: 4
    Please for the love of humanity play somewhere in Ohio. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    I mean, it’s under 100 miles from the Ohio border to Noblesville.  That’s about 1/3 the width of Ohio.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/YdVMGKOFIwY
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    vedpunk said:
    Turnstile to open 🤘🏼
    Yes. A million times yes 
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Williston said:
    kkballe said:
    Been lurking, waiting for more announcements.  Decided to look for myself.  Found these .json files with show info...

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23161.json "Saturday, September 30, 2023" "Ohana Festival" "Dana Point, CA"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23162.json "Thursday, August 31, 2023"  "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23163.json "Saturday, September 02, 2023" "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23164.json "Tuesday, September 05, 2023"  "United Center"  "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23165.json "Thursday, September 07, 2023"  "United Center" "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23166.json "Sunday, September 10, 2023"  "Ruoff Music Center" "Indianapolis, IN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23167.json "Wednesday, September 13, 2023"  "Dickies Arena" "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23168.json "Friday, September 15, 2023"  "Dickies Arena"  "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23169.json "Monday, September 18, 2023" "Moody Center"  "Austin, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23170.json "Tuesday, September 19, 2023" "Moody Center" "Austin, TX"

Nothing not already "known" and nothing past the second Austin show so far...

MGM Grand Arena is open the week in between Austin and Ohana. 

Don't tease.

What about the Golden 1 Center?
    They've got events on the 23rd and 27th.  

As for Vegas though, I'd love to see them at the new MSG Sphere, but I don't think it'll be ready by then.
    It wont be ready, U2 hasn’t even announced the dates yet of their shows yet cause they don’t even know if construction will be done by September
    Opening October 6th for the Postcard from Earth 'movie' that was made for the sphere. Tickets already on sale via ticketmaster, but no official date for U2 yet. Sounds like the whole concept is struggling to find acts that want to invest in the process of making a show for the sphere's screens.  
    This seems like a prime project for Tool
    1,000%. 

I was racking my brain to think of who it would appeal to…the Sphere that is.   

Tool and Radiohead came to mind but likely not what the booking folks are looking for, lol
    Historic Vegas residencies:
    Elvis, Liberace, Frank Sinatra, Wayne Newton, Celine Dion, Garth Brooks, Adele…

..Tool ??

son if a gun we need a PJ tour announcement soon. 

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,527
    CROJAM95 said:

+Live+ is a brand new member of this club.
  • Options
    solacesolace Posts: 114
    edited April 2023
    kaw753 said:
    shep said:
    Drove by the moody center early this morning while I'm in town for work...

That place is pretty small for a pearl jam show... Not going to be an easy ticket either..

For the first shows in Texas in a decade they could have picked some larger venues.... With 10-15 dates on this tour, ticket draws and on sales aren't going to be easy....
    As per a college basketball podcast I listen to, it was built to be very small and intimidate (10k?) for basketball. The joke was also that it was designed by Matthew McConaughey. The arena at San Diego State was incredible and I hope it is a similar size. 
    Moody holds 15,000+ for concerts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moody_Center
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

That’s it! Triple co/semi headlining tour with Pineapple Thief and Fiona Apple starting off in New Orleans!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    CROJAM95 said:

The Who might as well be The Two by this point.
    Believe it or not, but The Beach Boys still tour...kind of, somehow. It's probably a stretch to call them that, but they're using the name.
    The Drifters.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    I'm thinking it's gotta be a PJ/Harry Styles tour. Ed was bragging about Harry at the MSG show. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    edited April 2023
    JojoRice said:
    I'm thinking it's gotta be a PJ/Harry Styles tour. Ed was bragging about Harry at the MSG show. 
    Pretty sure thats not happening. They still have a beef with each other after Eddie stole his jacket last year. 
  • Options
    The Big Easy?
    The Big Pineapple?
    The Big Apple?

That’s it! Triple co/semi headlining tour with Pineapple Thief and Fiona Apple starting off in New Orleans!
    Now there is a deep cut I can get behind
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    Anyone ever flown Sun Country Airlines? I've never heard of them. But they've got $94 r/t flights to St Paul for the PJ dates out of a small airport about an hour away from me. Would sure beat driving 18hrs r/t, as long as they actually get me there as promised.