Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272
    How many were sheds??
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    CO278952 said:
    How many were sheds??
    Very few. And aside from the ballparks, not too many were even in summer. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,128
    28 shows between 2010 - 2022
    2 albums

Can you make the same excercise for 1991-2001?
    6 albums
    ? shows
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Would be interesting if all the gaps and off days are on account of an older, legendary co-headliner
    Boy, if that’s a reference to what I think it could be, my mind just might explode.

interesting enough a certain fellow was considering a tour that would line up very well with this timeline and promoting energy efficiency and non farm food.  

In fact, it would line up to the exact same ending of that possible tour.

If that were the case, boy am I about to be a very happy camper potentially.
    this is fascinating! Source?
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    verceman said:
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Would be interesting if all the gaps and off days are on account of an older, legendary co-headliner
    Boy, if that’s a reference to what I think it could be, my mind just might explode.

interesting enough a certain fellow was considering a tour that would line up very well with this timeline and promoting energy efficiency and non farm food.  

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2022/11/neil-young-on-how-to-do-self-sustaining.html?m=1

Then look at Micah’s calendar.  

Plays with Willie Nelson and Family Band and his own project Particle Kid.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 779
    September tour again? Can’t they pick another month for once?
    All the arenas in the US and Canada have lots of empty dates before basketball and hockey start up again. I assume some of the band members have kids that go back to school and they don't mind hitting the road. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    dtr0624 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    😂😂😂 all the hype for 8 shows! This band needs to stop taking themselves so seriously, this is not 1994 
    9 shows!  Get it right.  ;)
    I stand corrected! Yeah 9 shows that makes it better 😂😂
    9 shows.....WTF

Can somebody here do me a favor? Can somebody here be so kind to look up just how many shows Pearl Jam has played in the USA since 2010? Not including Bridge shows, or Vedder solo. How many full blown Pearl Jam shows has there been IN THE USA since 2010? USA only!  Including 2010. 
    If anyone can, much appreciated. 
    If not? Then just tell me to look it up myself! hahaha

2010 - 16
    2011 - 2
    2012 - 4
    2013 - 24
    2014 - 14
    2015 - 1
    2016 - 20
    2017 - 0
    2018 - 7
    2019 - 0
    2020 - 0
    2021 - 4
    2022 - 15
    TOTAL - 107 with an average of 8.9 over the 12 year span
    Wow so this weird little 5 city sliver of a tour is, for them, literally “above average”.
    this may be the saddest post in the whole thread.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Plenty of people predicted no shows this year. This includes some of the people complaining how man shows they are now playing. Some of the people complaining about the tour length have also said they are ok with never seeing a Pearl Jam show ever again. So odd. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    PJNB said:
    Plenty of people predicted no shows this year. This includes some of the people complaining how man shows they are now playing. Some of the people complaining about the tour length have also said they are ok with never seeing a Pearl Jam show ever again. So odd. 
    I had no guesses what their plans were but I’m hopeful every year.
    yeah, I wish they were playing several more, if the rumored list is really all I will conclusively not get to see them this year. And it was just mathematically proven that this isn’t new. 
    I am 1000% NOT ok with never seeing them again.
    (didn’t think you were talking to me but why not answer anyway 😉)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    PJNB said:
    Yup. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    PJNB said:
    Yeah...people on message boards say a lot of stuff....
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    PJNB said:
    I'll be honest, back in January, I didn't think we were getting any shows at all this year. So, I'm quite happy with what we are getting.
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Doug87 said:
    verceman said:
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2022/11/neil-young-on-how-to-do-self-sustaining.html?m=1

I like this rumor a lot. Would help explain a lot of things about this otherwise pretty random short jaunt through the Midwest.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    Shoot, until the teaser video 4/1 i wasn’t expecting any shows this year, much less in the midwest where I can actually go! So the last couple weeks has been a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    verceman said:
    Doug87 said:
    verceman said:
    Doug87 said:
    pjl44 said:

I like this rumor a lot. Would help explain a lot of things about this otherwise pretty random short jaunt through the Midwest.
    Indeed it would.

along with why it’s almost entirely 2 night stands. 

So we’ll see……..
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,527
    edited April 2023
    Steady wins the race. Take what you can get, they’ve never broken up or tried to sell themselves as Pearl Jam being one or 2/5ths of the original lineup like a bunch of other bands.

it’s not uncommon to do a few shows a year when there is no new record

We don’t know what we don’t know

they are human beings… maybe just maybe one or more members can’t for whatever reason tour for months on end ie medical/ family situation etc 

oh yea… they are getting older, and for guys 60 & over or approaching it… not to shabby

Plenty of people I know in their 40s pull a muscle going from the couch to the toilet 🤣

rock & roll truly a fantasy in somes head… age/health doesn’t factor in

Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    So, if this theory does hold, and it is a co-headliner tour, would that make people more or less excited about going? I mean, much respect to Neil. But I know a lot of ppl who are just in it for Pearl Jam and want to get as much of them as they can.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    So, if this theory does hold, and it is a co-headliner tour, would that make people more or less excited about going? I mean, much respect to Neil. But I know a lot of ppl who are just in it for Pearl Jam and want to get as much of them as they can.
    Definitely more. Would take it from “maybe I’ll see if any buddies want to take a trip for one of these shows, if not NBD” to “I’m definitely going to make one of these work.”
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    I m not a Neil fan at all.  I definitely wouldn’t travel to see a co headliner show.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    tdawe said:
    Definitely more. Would take it from “maybe I’ll see if any buddies want to take a trip for one of these shows, if not NBD” to “I’m definitely going to make one of these work.”
    i actually think its the complete opposite. they have already cut down on the length of shows as it is. a co headliner tour basically becomes festival sets each night. 20 songs, few deep track, few new, mostly hits and neil, atleast in my opinion, doesnt do it for me. especially if pj is the opening act. i would even say as much as that the band could never do rockin as a closer again and id be fine lol
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,629
    It may not be a coheadliner tour.. they may just be playing some dates with Neil then completing the tour with their own shows. Like they did with Petty in 2006. There’s no way these are all the dates they’re playing in 2024. It doesn’t make much sense. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    edited April 2023
    CROJAM95 said:
    Steady wins the race. Take what you can get, they’ve never broken up or tried to sell themselves as Pearl Jam being one or 2/5ths of the original lineup like a bunch of other bands.

they are human beings… maybe just maybe one or more members can’t for whatever reason tour for months on end ie medical/ family situation etc 

oh yea… they are getting older, and for guys 60 & over or approaching it… not to shabby

Plenty of people I know in their 40s pull a muscle going from the couch to the toilet 🤣

They could have come out of the two year Covid break and do more touring to promote the new songs but chose not to. Partially because we begged for those rare songs with fewer tunes in the set.

At this point I’d rather the two members who dislike touring alternate taking tour legs off and let someone like Josh with connection to PJ fill in, if that could double the number of shows  (as much as I’d miss the one original member).

For some of us that live in a huge market with 5% ticket odds that draw in out of towners like no other location, and who don’t want to jump on a plane or deal with festival brutalities, seeing a PJ show is next to impossible, let alone without spending 15 hours driving.

edit, I’m in the middle of the PJ age group and just sprained my knee, which is challenging so I get it. But most believe three members still like to tour!
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    CROJAM95 said:

BOOOOOOO

we pay annual dues so we can come here & make cynical & negative assumptions about this band. Get out of here with your logic & practical takes. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,669
    CROJAM95 said:

They could have come out of the two year Covid break and do more touring to promote the new songs but chose not to. Partially because we begged for those rare songs with fewer tunes in the set.

At this point I’d rather the two members who dislike touring alternate taking tour legs off and let someone like Josh with connection to PJ fill in, if that could double the number of shows  (as much as I’d miss the one original member).

For some of us that live in a huge market with 5% ticket odds that draw in out of towners like no other location, and who don’t want to jump on a plane or deal with festival brutalities, seeing a PJ show is next to impossible, let alone without spending 15 hours driving.
    Texas is going to get four shows (which probably doubles the shows in Texas since 2003) and of course 4 shows is about 40% of the tour and Texans will have to battle with everyone in the Southwest for tickets.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    I like the Neil rumor. Is there any truth to it? I have no idea, but I think it would be cool, and I would try to get to at least one show. 

Like someone else mentioned about the two night stints: could one night be a full album, or an unplugged set, or something else? I would love that too. I would love some outside the box thinking to change it up. 11 out of the last 12 shows I’ve seen them play were “an evening with” so I can’t say I’m overly thrilled at seeing a relatively scaled down show. I boldfaced relatively as I know 24 songs is still more than most artists perform at any given show. (Spare me the Bruce / McCartney comments, please). 

I get the age thing, and / or longevity factor that’s possibly behind the shorter set lists, and for that reason I don’t begrudge them doing it. If that means they prolong their careers, then it’s a good move. 

So, yeah… I would love seeing something different like a co-headlining tour w/ Neil. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    dtr0624 said:
    tdawe said:
    i actually think its the complete opposite. they have already cut down on the length of shows as it is. a co headliner tour basically becomes festival sets each night. 20 songs, few deep track, few new, mostly hits and neil, atleast in my opinion, doesnt do it for me. especially if pj is the opening act. i would even say as much as that the band could never do rockin as a closer again and id be fine lol
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam before and I’ll see them again. As much as I love a nice long Pearl Jam show I’d definitely be excited for something different. Also Neil Young is awesome. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    CROJAM95 said:

This. I feel grateful to get to see a band that I enjoy. I don't want to see someone damage their body. I also don't want to see the shows become a tired routine. I'm cool with them touring how and when they want. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,669
    I like QOTSA.  Would be awesome to have a double headliner.  I wouldn't go to a Neil Young show.  I would not like a double headliner show with Neil.  
  • Options
    For context, Neil typically play hour and 45 to 2 hours with the Horse (at least in 2018 and 2019).

Pearl Jam recently has been 2 hours to 2.5 hours 

If the compromise is NY and the Horse for 1.5 - 1.75 hours and PJ for 2 hours, I’ll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

let’s play this out for a moment with a 6pm start

josh opens with 30 minute set 6 - 6:30

30 minute change over (likely at most) 6:30 - 7

neil and the horse 7 - 8:30 - 8:45 if Josh change over can be done in 15 or so

30 minute change over 8:30 - 9

pearl Jam 9 - 11

Yep sounds like a fantastic night to me.

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    edited April 2023
    With all due respect to Neil Young, I would much prefer PJ play with a more youthful band to keep them on their toes and bring some energy to the overall show.  But would much prefer An Evening with JUST Pearl Jam :)
    Post edited by vedpunk on