Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,678
    Wonder if COVID bubbles are playing into it. They don’t like living in a bubble for too long.  Multiple shows minimizes travel from city to city.   Shorter tour, maybe less insurance. 

I don’t know. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    JimmyV said:
    Weird bits of routing cherry-picked out of an extensive tour aren't going to compare with MN-IL-IN-TX then go home. That it is a twelve hour drive is part of the weirdness. That there appear to only appear to be 9 shows is part of the weirdness. That those nine shows are in only four states is part of the weirdness.

Only 9 shows, if true, after 4 of the last 6 years featured zero headline shows (or a couple festivals) is weird

At this point,  they might as well start labeling every tour Farewell Part 1, 2 etc. because it’s going to take them forever to see all their fans/markets one more time.
    Some of those markets are never gonna see them again, they just don’t know it yet. And all of us who aren’t in a major city are just hoping it ain’t us.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    DMB has been giving shows to brand new venues for years, I assume mainly due to their huge connection to Live Nation / MusicToday / Coran Capshaw.  They've played small new venues in B'ham, Huntsville, Southaven, JAX, etc.  Looks like PJ doing the same, Austin Moody Center opened a year ago, Dickies opened NOV 2019 just before COVID hit.  Every venue has it's own P/L and new venues need big sellout shows to be profitable asap.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    Weird bits of routing cherry-picked out of an extensive tour aren't going to compare with MN-IL-IN-TX then go home. That it is a twelve hour drive is part of the weirdness. That there appear to only appear to be 9 shows is part of the weirdness. That those nine shows are in only four states is part of the weirdness.

Only 9 shows, if true, after 4 of the last 6 years featured zero headline shows (or a couple festivals) is weird

At this point,  they might as well start labeling every tour Farewell Part 1, 2 etc. because it’s going to take them forever to see all their fans/markets one more time.
    Some of those markets are never gonna see them again, they just don’t know it yet. And all of us who aren’t in a major city are just hoping it ain’t us.
    This is unfortunately probably extremely accurate.
    I agree.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    darmandarman Posts: 29
    dmbolp said:
    DMB has been giving shows to brand new venues for years, I assume mainly due to their huge connection to Live Nation / MusicToday / Coran Capshaw.  They've played small new venues in B'ham, Huntsville, Southaven, JAX, etc.  Looks like PJ doing the same, Austin Moody Center opened a year ago, Dickies opened NOV 2019 just before COVID hit.  Every venue has it's own P/L and new venues need big sellout shows to be profitable asap.
    As long as they don’t go the DMB route and play new, 7,000 seat places (Live Oak - Wilmington, NC) and have them sell out in seconds to the scalper market. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Boise, Tulsa, Albuquerque, Mansfield, Champaign, and probably the VAST majority of the 2000/2003 mega tours.

(TBH, Mansfield is close enough to Boston they don't really count, but I wonder if Hartford is done...then again, they're close enough to Boston as well.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    darman said:
    dmbolp said:
    As long as they don’t go the DMB route and play new, 7,000 seat places (Live Oak - Wilmington, NC) and have them sell out in seconds to the scalper market. 

If Pearl Jam does what they did for the 2022 tour, they shouldn't be too worried about scalpers.

1) Digital tickets only.
    2) The only way to transfer is via Fan2Fan.
    3) Do whatever The Cure did to restrict people selling TM passwords.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,515
    Go Animal said:
    CM189191 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    This list seems really odd to me. 2 nights in cities that aren't as big as ones that got just 1 last year?
    If this truly is all there is, it will be one of the strangest tours they have ever played. 
    Not really.  There are just no east coast dates and the band is finally taking care of Texas after neglecting us for so long.  :)
    9 shows in 5 cities would be an odd tour regardless of geography 

During their 2006 tour, they did 10 shows in 6 cities

And 6 of those shows were opening for Tom Petty

I wonder who Pearl Jam will be opening for on this tour? 
    PJ's grown in stature since then. They won't open for anyone save a McCartney/Starr quasi-Beatles tour. Maybe Neil, out of respect. That's about it.
    I don’t wanna derail the thread (lol).  But if Tom were still around, you better believe Pearl Jam would not be above co-headlining or opening for him.
    Oh, absolutely. Tom was an American treasure. I still haven't gotten over him not being here. Or Prince. Or Bowie. Or Chris.

But PJ is in rarified & sacred air by this point. I can't think of a single act other than the ones I mentioned where they'd open. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    darman said:
    dmbolp said:

If Pearl Jam does what they did for the 2022 tour, they shouldn't be too worried about scalpers.

1) Digital tickets only.
    What was done?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,412
    PJNB said:
    darman said:
    dmbolp said:

1) Digital tickets only.
    What was done?
    I'm curious too, because as long as you know the password, you can download the tickets into your wallet on the phone (like Google wallet).  Once you do that you don't even need the password anymore.  So you could get someone to login, download the tickets, then change the password.  Bit of kryptonite in the process.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    Wonder if COVID bubbles are playing into it. They don’t like living in a bubble for too long.  Multiple shows minimizes travel from city to city.   Shorter tour, maybe less insurance. 

I don’t know. 
    I’ve been curious about exactly this for a while too. And what restrictions, if any, there still are. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    DM282158 said:

I don’t know. 
    I’ve been curious about exactly this for a while too. And what restrictions, if any, there still are. 
    I bet the insurers have restrictions
  • Options
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    darman said:
    dmbolp said:

1) Digital tickets only.
    What was done?
    I'm curious too, because as long as you know the password, you can download the tickets into your wallet on the phone (like Google wallet).  Once you do that you don't even need the password anymore.  So you could get someone to login, download the tickets, then change the password.  Bit of kryptonite in the process.

Approx 7k tickets were canceled.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/robert-smith-says-7000-scalped-cure-tickets-have-been-canceled/ar-AA19kDhB
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    edited April 2023
    One glitch in the TM system and I wonder if it’s done intentionally by TM is that when you win Ten Club tickets you get an email from TM with a link to claim them.  The tickets will then go into whatever TM account is signed in on the device at the time when you click the link.  So one person can win them and forward the email to someone else to claim.  So they’re never really transferred but someone else is able to claim them from the get go.   I wonder why they don’t just go directly to your account like every other set of tickets I buy on TM.  Feels like a loophole left there purposely by TM for scalpers. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darmandarman Posts: 29
    on2legs said:
    One glitch in the TM system and I wonder if it’s done intentionally by TM is that when you win Ten Club tickets you get an email from TM with a link to claim them.  The tickets will then go into whatever TM account is signed in on the device at the time when you click the link.  So one person can win them and forward the email to someone else to claim.  So they’re never really transferred but someone else is able to claim them from the get go.   I wonder why they don’t just go directly to your account like every other set of tickets I buy on TM.  Feels like a loophole left there purposely by TM for scalpers. 
    So scalper sells the email? Is that how that would work?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    darman said:
    on2legs said:
    So scalper sells the email? Is that how that would work?
    Possibly. You would think if someone with another account tried to claim the tickets it wouldn’t work but it does.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I heard someone say that Illinois is a non F2F state. Does anyone know if Minnesota, Indiana, and Texas are F2F states? 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    darman said:
    dmbolp said:

1) Digital tickets only.
    What was done?
    The Cure canceled tickets, but there is NO WAY anyone can stop selling TM passwords.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Kevinman said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

I agree.
    Kevinman said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

I agree.
    Completely agree as well. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    They hit Zurich, Budapest, Fresno and Sacramento last year. They still have some surprises left with locations. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    edited April 2023
    Pj will never play Australiasia or Asia again as touring cost too high and won't make a profit, we will be lucky to get a South American tour.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Brisk. said:
    Pj will never play Australiasia or Asia again as touring cost too high and won't make a profit, we will be lucky to get a South American tour.
    Zero chance they don’t play Australia again.  
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    pjl44 said:
    Would be interesting if all the gaps and off days are on account of an older, legendary co-headliner
    Such as U2 perhaps? Cause based off the fact that dates haven’t even been announced yet for their SPHERE shows, i could see them just waiting til 2024 for those shows an do them with Larry.
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    jpgoegel said:
    could these be EV solo dates, instead of PJ?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the leaks are accurate, the venue sizes don't match a EV solo show. 
    You are right. I live in MN and Xcel Energy Center seats 20-23,000
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,272

I don’t know. 
    Shart-gutted 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    kkballe said:
    Been lurking, waiting for more announcements.  Decided to look for myself.  Found these .json files with show info...

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23161.json "Saturday, September 30, 2023" "Ohana Festival" "Dana Point, CA"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23162.json "Thursday, August 31, 2023"  "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23163.json "Saturday, September 02, 2023" "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23164.json "Tuesday, September 05, 2023"  "United Center"  "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23165.json "Thursday, September 07, 2023"  "United Center" "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23166.json "Sunday, September 10, 2023"  "Ruoff Music Center" "Indianapolis, IN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23167.json "Wednesday, September 13, 2023"  "Dickies Arena" "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23168.json "Friday, September 15, 2023"  "Dickies Arena"  "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23169.json "Monday, September 18, 2023" "Moody Center"  "Austin, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23170.json "Tuesday, September 19, 2023" "Moody Center" "Austin, TX"

Nothing not already "known" and nothing past the second Austin show so far...

MGM Grand Arena is open the week in between Austin and Ohana. 

Don't tease.

What about the Golden 1 Center?
    They've got events on the 23rd and 27th.  

As for Vegas though, I'd love to see them at the new MSG Sphere, but I don't think it'll be ready by then.
    It wont be ready, U2 hasn’t even announced the dates yet of their shows yet cause they don’t even know if construction will be done by September
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    Williston said:
    kkballe said:
    Been lurking, waiting for more announcements.  Decided to look for myself.  Found these .json files with show info...

https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23161.json "Saturday, September 30, 2023" "Ohana Festival" "Dana Point, CA"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23162.json "Thursday, August 31, 2023"  "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23163.json "Saturday, September 02, 2023" "Xcel Energy Center"  "St Paul, MN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23164.json "Tuesday, September 05, 2023"  "United Center"  "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23165.json "Thursday, September 07, 2023"  "United Center" "Chicago, IL"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23166.json "Sunday, September 10, 2023"  "Ruoff Music Center" "Indianapolis, IN"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23167.json "Wednesday, September 13, 2023"  "Dickies Arena" "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23168.json "Friday, September 15, 2023"  "Dickies Arena"  "Dallas / Ft Worth, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23169.json "Monday, September 18, 2023" "Moody Center"  "Austin, TX"
    https://pearljam.com/tour/show/23170.json "Tuesday, September 19, 2023" "Moody Center" "Austin, TX"

Don't tease.

As for Vegas though, I'd love to see them at the new MSG Sphere, but I don't think it'll be ready by then.
    It wont be ready, U2 hasn’t even announced the dates yet of their shows yet cause they don’t even know if construction will be done by September
    The Sphere is selling tickets for its Postcard-From-Earth video shiw starting October 6th
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    Williston said:
    kkballe said:

Don't tease.

Opening October 6th for the Postcard from Earth 'movie' that was made for the sphere. Tickets already on sale via ticketmaster, but no official date for U2 yet. Sounds like the whole concept is struggling to find acts that want to invest in the process of making a show for the sphere's screens.  
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 687
    edited April 2023
    Changed my mind, ha!
    Delete
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    Williston said:
    wsimon74 said:
    jpgoegel said:
    could these be EV solo dates, instead of PJ?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the leaks are accurate, the venue sizes don't match a EV solo show. 
    You are right. I live in MN and Xcel Energy Center seats 20-23,000

A lot (all?) of the arenas have downsizing capacity. The stage could be directly at midcourt/center ice. The upper level(s) don't have to be sold.

If tickets continue to sell, the upper levels could be opened up if necessary.

But even then, you might as well just use a theater.