Options

Anyone in the market to buy a huge collection??

Comments

• Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 254
    Wow, surely this collection is second only to what the band themselves might have archived at their HQ!?! 😳 In fact I wonder if they might want to pick up a whole chuck of their history in one go? 😉

As a complete novice to trading etc, I ventured into swapping an item with Paul in the recent past. He was a true gentleman the whole way, & made me confident that, if the opportunity arose again, the forum was the place to go to do such business. 

Paul, the items you got to me are truly cherished, & I use them regularly every week 👍🏻 Best of luck with getting your collection to new homes. I’m sure it’ll bring just as much happiness to others, as you’ve had building it. 
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Holy cow Paul!
    I cant believe its time to let your treasures go!
    I never thought id see the day. 
    Youre an amazing contributor to the pearl jam world, and a fantastic, helpful, kind individual. 
    Anyone would be lucky to be able to snag this collection. 
    I hope you add a few zeros to your estimate 😉 
    Good luck with your sale🍀 
    I hope youre well 🙏🏼 
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,556
    Good luck with your sale!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Paul - Thanks for the help in the past.  I wish you the best with your sale (only after my wife vetoed the idea I had about purchasing your collection).  If, for some strange reason, you have a 1998 Virginia Beach setlist, please keep me in mind.
    Cheers! - Jay
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,564
    Paul open a museum in your garage and charge  entry .  Mo pop of the u.k
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ah239102ah239102 Australia Posts: 123
    Definitely one of the few who I’ve bounced “what did I buy” questions to over the years (along with 100pacer).   

If you ever go granular and sell signed items by themselves I’m definitely interested 
    Agreed. Thanks so much from Australia over the years Paul. Your wisdom has helped me get my setlist collection to where it is currently. Cheers-Alex
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Wow, seriously, you should check with the band first, I bet they don't have a collection like that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,820
    You guys have been way way too kind to me in this thread. Really appreciate everything said. I'll not be going anywhere and will always be here to bounce off or offer advice if ever needed. I've made so many friend for life through this journey and that is the thing I will always be grateful for

PRICELESS
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,005
    Good luck with the sale Paul. Focusing on the live experience is the way to go, see you in the summer! 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,357
    Paul is one of the main reasons I wanted a FREAK promo.

I really wish more people would check out his stuff and look at some things you might not see again!

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Paul - I have the colored version from Newbury. I do! Let's trade. That for all your signed items :smile:

I am interested in MANY of these items but as an overall lot, I am unable to commit. If the time ever comes where you are piecing your amazing collection out please let me know. I also may have some items you may want to see.....one in particular......
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Been a minute since we did a Holy Grail for someone...just saying...I'm in for $15. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,357
    nuzzer1 said:
    Been a minute since we did a Holy Grail for someone...just saying...I'm in for $15. 
    Cheap ass, what are we getting a pin?

I kid Mark, I kid!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    nuzzer1 said:
    Nice! As long as we stop eulogizing Paul I’m in! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    we only need roughly 6,666 more people with $15 each to make a group effort to buy and then have a random drawing of items.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    we only need roughly 6,666 more people with $15 each to make a group effort to buy and then have a random drawing of items.
    We need to break those 6s up man. Otherwise I’m having none of it! Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Did anyone say mystery raffle????  $1000 per ticket.  How many tickets would you need to sell, Paul??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 306
     It happened. 
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    I know selling stuff doesn't mean being absent from here, but just wanted to say Paul was a mate right from the start when I became active here. So good luck mate. I value your opinion a lot. Hope to catch you at another show, should we ever get back to Europe.
    Go Liverpool

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
     It happened. 
    Uhhmmm...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,198
    Define 'it'
  • Options
    It happened this morning, but it’s private, and I can’t talk about it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    Paul open a museum in your garage and charge  entry .  Mo pop of the u.k

10C should employ Paul as the official archivist of a PJUK museum
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 617
    edited April 2022
    “Its hard to put a finger on it to be honest, but I've felt it coming since gigaton was released.”
    Did Gigaton really go down that badly with the die hard fans? I thought I’d was ok - same as ever, not really rocking the boat and all that but I didn’t think it would be the final straw for a die hard fan, as in ‘that’s it-  I never want to hear them again and am selling my collection worth 100,000” 
    My advice is sell the items separately. I seriously doubt anyone will spend that much on a collection
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    “Its hard to put a finger on it to be honest, but I've felt it coming since gigaton was released.”
    Did Gigaton really go down that badly with the die hard fans? I thought I’d was ok - same as ever, not really rocking the boat and all that but I didn’t think it would be the final straw for a die hard fan, as in ‘that’s it-  I never want to hear them again and am selling my collection worth 100,000” 
    My advice is sell the items separately. I seriously doubt anyone will spend that much on a collection
    As a collector I could see how the fun ran out after Gigaton. Just not the same volume of stuff like it used to be during the Epic years. Those were the golden years of collecting. Tons of singles, alt singles, amazing show posters, quirky promos of all sorts and shirts. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    @Rubysdad
    You should connect with Paul about his collection. It’s legendary. Would love to see a feature about it & Paul in DEEP. I’d love to see a digital museum worked into the site. One that is fan driven, not what’s already been done (which was amazing at PJ20 by the way!). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    As a collector I could see how the fun ran out after Gigaton. Just not the same volume of stuff like it used to be during the Epic years. Those were the golden years of collecting. Tons of singles, alt singles, amazing show posters, quirky promos of all sorts 
  • Options
    Covid killed touring, so, obviously no posters, shirts and other crap to buy 
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 617
    edited April 2022
    The ridiculous amount of merchandise Pearl Jam sell is a billion times beyond ridiculous! Come on please! People will buy any old crap, so just please stop selling it. Nobody gives a crap about music, they just like buying crap and to prove my point here is a guy trying to sell $100,000 worth of merchandise or crap depending on your point of view. 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 842
    The ridiculous amount of merchandise Pearl Jam sell is a billion times beyond ridiculous! Come on please! People will buy any old crap, so just please stop selling it. Nobody gives a crap about music, they just like buying crap and to prove my point here is a guy trying to sell $100,000 worth of merchandise or crap depending on your point of view. 
    New game.....take a shot every time this guy says “crap”
    ...........and Evelyn