Options

Anyone in the market to buy a huge collection??

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,947
    It's  lovley to see all the  kind words. Hey paul this thread has been like a eulogy whilst being a live. You  can feel good about  yourself with all these nice things  people think of you. Good man. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    It's  lovley to see all the  kind words. Hey paul this thread has been like a eulogy whilst being a live. You  can feel good about  yourself with all these nice things  people think of you. Good man. 
    Hope to see you in London Rob, its been a few years now 
  • Options
    Yeah last time  was when ed played  your request in london. Not sure if i will make it. Never know but doubtful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Yeah last time  was when ed played  your request in london. Not sure if i will make it. Never know but doubtful
    Was Paul's request sleeping by myself, just breathe or future days? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ooooooh brutal......parting ways ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    One of my absolute favorites that should be played at every show. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    I can’t handle Paul’s huge…nevermind.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Great request. My first time to hear that live
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    100 Pacer said:
    I can’t handle Paul’s huge…nevermind.
    Size queen?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Amazing collection. I live in the UK. If there was a Pearl Jam exhibition here I would be there all the time. It would be great if the 10c community could contribute and hire some space and exhibit this all before it's probably split up although as a business it probably wouldn't work long term. It does make you think. I only collect records and have been for 30 years and just don't collect the other stuff. Even with just records I'm losing the thrill quite a bit and that's not just Pearl Jam. I look at it all and think how am I ever going to free myself from this.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Well put. I feel the  same . I sold so much but yet i have so much  i can't  let go
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Waiting on the lotto max results!  And I'll scoop all the crap up! 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    It was bound to happen.  What a blast it was to amass everything I am sure and you get to exit with a lot of appreciation in value.  

It really is a great feeling to not care what is at the merch stand.  Not getting their early.  Not wasting hours in line.  Not holding posters during a show and being more worried about stickers getting bent than the show itself.  

Once you sell a couple prized items you will find it very easy to sell the rest.  

Now, there will be exceptions like the EV rug.
  • Options
    DD123593DD123593 Posts: 29
    Anyone have a link to a pj ipod? Never seen that one. 
  • Options
    Posters going up today, 

Vinyl coming next very soon......

Then Guitar Picks......

Then Promo Items including stickers and pins, keychains, wristbands, newsletters etc

Bootleg/concert sets

CDs last
  • Options
    ah239102ah239102 Australia Posts: 122
    Setlists? 👀...
  • Options
    DN36753DN36753 Posts: 128
    I would definitely be interested if I wasn't thinking about down grading my collection.  Good Luck with your sale. 
  • Options
    cranfordcranford Posts: 3
    edited May 2022
    Hi Paul.  I am going to my first PJ show 9/14, at 50yo (where did the time go?).  I will attempt to acquire the pick or setlist from that show, if I win I will certainly be thinking of you. Best of luck with your absolutely amazing collection.  I truly hope you find peace, happiness, and more free time with the conclusion of your sale....not to mention a tidy profit.  :)
    Post edited by cranford on
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 186
    Where is the sale happening? 
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    @pdalowsky when your vinyls/cds collection will go on sale? please tag me cause im really interesting in it. thx. bye
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    @pdalowsky when your vinyls/cds collection will go on sale? please tag me cause im really interesting in it. thx. bye
    very soon, as soon as the poster phase is done which is coming towards the end now
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I haven’t been on here in ages so I’m just reading this now. I totally get it, Paul (in the same boat, albeit a much less sizable collection than yours). Thanks for all your support in my collecting journey, it was a fun many years! And best of luck with your massive sale(s).

PS I guess you don’t want my clear No Code anymore then  :D  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Suziemay said:
    I haven’t been on here in ages so I’m just reading this now. I totally get it, Paul (in the same boat, albeit a much less sizable collection than yours). Thanks for all your support in my collecting journey, it was a fun many years! And best of luck with your massive sale(s).

I miss you! Hope you are still rocking out.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Haha SuMay, i acquired one just before they released a second batch of course :(
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Suziemay said:

I miss you! Hope you are still rocking out.
    Always  B) Hope you are well!
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Suziemay said:

Haha SuMay, i acquired one just before they released a second batch of course :(
    Haha of course you did   :D
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited July 2022
    Not sure how I missed this thread. I totally get this, being a collector myself. Not just a PJ collector, but vinyl and music in general, baseball cards, comic books, toys, etc. 

Granted, all of my collections of things I’ve ever had pale in comparison to this scale. Your PJ collection is beyond comprehension to me! And I absolutely love it! 

But the thrill of the hunt is what keeps the collector’s drive going. When there’s not much left in the game to seek out, it’s like “Well, now what?”

Priorities in life change as well. I’m sure this wasn’t an easy decision but you’ve realized this isn’t bringing you the satisfaction it once did. Good for you on recognizing that and taking a step forward. That’s something I often have trouble with, even the most trivial of things.

Good luck with the sales, Paul. You’re a world class champion collector and even better human being. You’re gonna make a lot of people very happy with all this “crap” :lol:
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    i remember sitting alone in my basement during the peak of the pandemic lockdowns and looking at the stuff around me and wondering what it was all for. since then i've been strongly considering unloading a lot of it, too, but the effort needed to do so without just giving it all away would be significant. i can't imagine even trying to unload a collection like this. good luck, man.

that said, lol, i've always wanted the 2004 vote for change? dvd that 10c distributed to winners doing a screening. i've no idea what they go for today, but if/when it comes time to unload the cds/dvds, i'd be interested assuming i could afford it.  maybe even a give way cd, too- i still remember holding that in my hands at best buy and listening to it in the back room sorting media in the days leading up to the svt release, only to have my supervisor come up to me the morning before and making me hand it over because we had to ship them all back and they all had to be accounted for.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    AndySlash said:
    i remember sitting alone in my basement during the peak of the pandemic lockdowns and looking at the stuff around me and wondering what it was all for. since then i've been strongly considering unloading a lot of it, too, but the effort needed to do so without just giving it all away would be significant. i can't imagine even trying to unload a collection like this. good luck, man.

that said, lol, i've always wanted the 2004 vote for change? dvd that 10c distributed to winners doing a screening. i've no idea what they go for today, but if/when it comes time to unload the cds/dvds, i'd be interested assuming i could afford it.  maybe even a give way cd, too- i still remember holding that in my hands at best buy and listening to it in the back room sorting media in the days leading up to the svt release, only to have my supervisor come up to me the morning before and making me hand it over because we had to ship them all back and they all had to be accounted for.  
    this is me
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07