Ohana 2022?

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2022
    For the people that have been following hotel blackouts and prices should know by now Encore is indeed coming and will be the weekend of Oct 8th as speculated by us over a month ago. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    chiefnjk said:
    Complete guess:

Ohana:
    Friday: KOL, Arcade Fire
    Saturday: The Who, EV
    Sunday: Jack White, Alanis 

Encore: 
    Friday: RHCP
    Saturday: PJ
    badass!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Lineup hints throughout the weekend could be fun. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 574
    igotid88 said:
    Are we assuming there will be an encore weekend? I thought that was just a special occasion 
    pretty sure in the massive 2022 tour thread someone said they heard from a vendor that Ohana was sept 30th weekend and Encore was the following weekend. so far 1/1 with this statement 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Secured a room at the Laguna Cliffs resort for that weekend already & plan on bringing the family! I really don’t expect that PJ will be at Ohana this year, but seeing EV & the Earthlings again (minus Glen unfortunately) will be worth it. 
  • Secured a room at the Laguna Cliffs resort for that weekend already & plan on bringing the family! I really don’t expect that PJ will be at Ohana this year, but seeing EV & the Earthlings again (minus Glen unfortunately) will be worth it. 
    Same....got Laguna Cliffs on points...difference is that this will be the first year with both "kids" at college.  No more cramming four people into the room...I don't think my wife has ever been more nervous....
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
    Ben Harper and Jack Johnson have open dates with CA shows adjacent…
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    First time considering Ohana fest,... does this festival typically sell out quick ? for the EV nights .  Is there a 10C sale ?
    thanks!!! 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    First time considering Ohana fest,... does this festival typically sell out quick ? for the EV nights .  Is there a 10C sale ?
    thanks!!! 
    YOU will be able to score for face, or less day of
  • and there has been a 10c pre-sale in the past
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Well shit, now here I am booking hotels for Ohana again. Fingers crossed this lineup doesn’t disappoint and an Encore announcement comes quickly after.
  • I don't know if these would fit the vibe of Ohana; but would be epic - NIN and Rage Against the Machine are open...
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    My guess is PJ plays encore weekend and the announcement comes after the May California shows have more time to sell premium tix. Just a guess, I have zero inside info.
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    My guess is PJ plays encore weekend and the announcement comes after the May California shows have more time to sell premium tix. Just a guess, I have zero inside info.
    Edit to add that I don't think they'll play first wkd but WTH do I know?
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    I get it's a business and all, but it sure would be nice if they would just announce Ohana and Encore at the same time, let people make their own choice. I know, in a perfect world .... 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    have to generally agree. This gives them time to sell tickets for weekend one too.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    thanks!!! 
    I regretted buying tickets last year as people were literally giving away Encore tickets. I did go a few years back (poster says 2017) and the EV night was a little over face value on Stubhub.

The hard part is always the hotel.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    kaw753 said:
    thanks!!! 
    I regretted buying tickets last year as people were literally giving away Encore tickets. I did go a few years back (poster says 2017) and the EV night was a little over face value on Stubhub.

Last year Ohana was sold out for all 3 nights. It was selling on the fan to fan they had set up for way above face for the Pearl Jam night. 

Then Encore was announced and you could not give tickets away for either weekend.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    edited April 2022
    chiefnjk said:
    Complete guess:

Ohana:
    Friday: KOL, Arcade Fire
    Saturday: The Who, EV
    Sunday: Jack White, Alanis 

Encore: 
    Friday: RHCP
    Saturday: PJ
    If I were to be forced to bet on such things, Arcade Fire is putting out a new album in May and have not yet announced a tour. 

I once saw them play to about 4000 people in an arena in Vegas at Mandalay Bay on a Sunday night. It was awkward, but they are great.

The Who will not be at Ohana, sadly. There are in Ontario and NY that week.
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Secured a room at the Laguna Cliffs resort for that weekend already & plan on bringing the family! I really don’t expect that PJ will be at Ohana this year, but seeing EV & the Earthlings again (minus Glen unfortunately) will be worth it. 
    Same....got Laguna Cliffs on points...difference is that this will be the first year with both "kids" at college.  No more cramming four people into the room...I don't think my wife has ever been more nervous....
    Last year was my first time going to Ohana and went both weekends. The first weekend we stayed at Laguna Cliffs and it was an absolute breeze getting to & from the show. For Encore weekend I stayed at a hotel further out and after the show, it was an absolute goat rodeo trying to get transportation back to our hotel. So while it’s a little more pricey, having the convenience of being in walking distance of your hotel makes it worth it in my opinion. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    Last year was my first time going to Ohana and went both weekends. The first weekend we stayed at Laguna Cliffs and it was an absolute breeze getting to & from the show. For Encore weekend I stayed at a hotel further out and after the show, it was an absolute goat rodeo trying to get transportation back to our hotel. So while it’s a little more pricey, having the convenience of being in walking distance of your hotel makes it worth it in my opinion. 
    Last year for Encore I got an AirBnB about a 20 minute walk from the concert. We have reservations this year for 9/30@10/1 and 10/7&10/8 at a hotel that is a 15 minute walk. 
  • Secured a room at the Laguna Cliffs resort for that weekend already & plan on bringing the family! I really don’t expect that PJ will be at Ohana this year, but seeing EV & the Earthlings again (minus Glen unfortunately) will be worth it. 
    Well....I look forward to hanging out by the pool with you.....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    PJNB said:
    kaw753 said:
    thanks!!! 

Last year Ohana was sold out for all 3 nights. It was selling on the fan to fan they had set up for way above face for the Pearl Jam night. 

Then Encore was announced and you could not give tickets away for either weekend.

Correct. Count me as one of the people that overpaid before Encore was announced.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I doubt RHCP would play....they have a huge stadium tour happening this summer
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I completely regret not booking a room when I saw the “rumor” dates announced earlier in here earlier. 

I got a room last time (Ohana 2021) that was 5 miles away from the venue. Both nights, after numerous attempts, I couldn’t get an Uber back to my hotel. Both nights I walked 5 miles back to my hotel. I was hoping for something closer this time around. 

Looks like everything even remotely close by is completely sold out already. Has anyone ever had any luck on any booked rooms that were sold out, but eventually became available in the future by chance, due to cancellations, etc? 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    edited April 2022
    igotid88 said:
    Are we assuming there will be an encore weekend? I thought that was just a special occasion 
    pretty sure in the massive 2022 tour thread someone said they heard from a vendor that Ohana was sept 30th weekend and Encore was the following weekend. so far 1/1 with this statement 
    That was me. The list of festivals I saw had “Ohana weekend 1” and “Ohana weekend 2” listed. 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    PRL1JAM said:
    I completely regret not booking a room when I saw the “rumor” dates announced earlier in here earlier. 

I got a room last time (Ohana 2021) that was 5 miles away from the venue. Both nights, after numerous attempts, I couldn’t get an Uber back to my hotel. Both nights I walked 5 miles back to my hotel. I was hoping for something closer this time around. 

Looks like everything even remotely close by is completely sold out already. Has anyone ever had any luck on any booked rooms that were sold out, but eventually became available in the future by chance, due to cancellations, etc? 
    I booked the Doubletree across the street the day before the festival last year. Very lucky and perfect location. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    I don't know if these would fit the vibe of Ohana; but would be epic - NIN and Rage Against the Machine are open...
    Hahahaha. I’ve had Rage tix for 3 years now, they just rescheduled Phoenix for 2023. Dont hold your breath on Ohana. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 282
    PRL1JAM said:

you're better off parking nearby neighborhood streets than walk 5 miles!
    ride amongst the waves...