“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes its real plus this https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-bushleaguer-live-boos-973439/amp/

the one and only time pearl jam was booed off stage by their own fans. Got to love New Yorkers. They live in a democratic controlled city but then are so offended by bushleager an anti republican anti war song gets their panties in a bunch so badly that they feel the need to boo them off the stage. . It was so bad mike and jeff asked eddie to never play that song again in fear of thier safety getting the fuck out of their. Good thing he didnt listen to them cause when they played it again at bill graham auditorium in sf that same year the crowd went nuts.  New Yorkers are a strange bunch. not suprised by the ticket prices at msg new yorkers are paying that asshole tax mark up to see them. There is No love lost by the band. They remember all that shit. You guys are lucky they are even playing there
    This is all complete bs lol.   Long Island isn’t nyc.  
    Lol and compton isnt in La county. You have a very small definition of what constitutes new york lol. Sorry to say your city is very big and long island is part of it
    Long Island is definitely not part of nyc.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • edited April 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes its real plus this https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-bushleaguer-live-boos-973439/amp/

the one and only time pearl jam was booed off stage by their own fans. Got to love New Yorkers. They live in a democratic controlled city but then are so offended by bushleager an anti republican anti war song gets their panties in a bunch so badly that they feel the need to boo them off the stage. . It was so bad mike and jeff asked eddie to never play that song again in fear of thier safety getting the fuck out of their. Good thing he didnt listen to them cause when they played it again at bill graham auditorium in sf that same year the crowd went nuts.  New Yorkers are a strange bunch. not suprised by the ticket prices at msg new yorkers are paying that asshole tax mark up to see them. There is No love lost by the band. They remember all that shit. You guys are lucky they are even playing there
    Lol and compton isnt in La county. You have a very small definition of what constitutes new york lol. Sorry to say your city is very big and long island is part of it
    I never said new york city i said new yorkers which includes people living in long island. To my point compton isnt a district in the city of la but its in la county. Its a seperate city but contained with in La county lines just like long island is considered part of york county.
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686

Nassau Colosseum is not in NYC. It is in Long Island. That is not part of New York City. They are playing NYC this tour, not Long Island. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    nicknyr15 said:
    Poncier said:
    I've seen people posting TM tickets were over $1000; that can't be right, can it?
    At one point some MSG tix were a hair over $5,000.00 each but the algorithm soon dropped them to more market value $3,500.00 each.
    They must know new york is fully of crazy rich people that have more money then common sense. They have played some good shows their over the years especially at msg but ed never liked the venue from the early days cause of the crowds refusal to catch stage divers. Stone had to remind him not to jump into the crowd cause those yorkers wont catch you they will move out the way and you’lln fuck yourself up.  I guess he finally found a way to fuck them back haha. Crazy ticket prices for assholes that wont catch stage divers. Ironically you wont see eddie doing much of that anymore but obviously he still holds a grudge
    Is this real?
    Behind good pizza, this is exactly what NY is known for.

My grandfather was an ER doctor and had a short stint in NYC back in 1964.  He would tell stories about the crazy stuff he saw there.  One of them he mentioned was some college kid with a Columbia university shirt that came in with a broken elbow.  My grandfather asked him how he broke his elbow. Did he fall down the stairs?  Nope, the kid said he jumped into the crowd from the stage at a Duke Ellington show and nobody caught him.  It was May and the kid said he was going to look stupid with a cast at his first job having just graduated.  Kid said he should have know better jumping off a stage since it was New York.

Crazy.  I found the actual Duke Ellington show on YouTube.  Turns out it was at Columbia University which makes sense from the story.  

Things Ain't What They Used To Be (Live, Columbia University, New York City, 1964) - YouTube
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

But Long Island City is part of NYC!
  • edited April 2022
    GlowGirl said:

Nassau Colosseum is not in NYC. It is in Long Island. That is not part of New York City. They are playing NYC this tour, not Long Island. 
    The islandcomprises four counties; Kings and Queens counties (the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens, respectively) and Nassau County share the western third of the island, while Suffolk Countyoccupies the eastern two thirds. More than half of New York City's residents live on Long Island, in Brooklyn and in Queens.

So confusing new york is. So your saying that long islanders are not new Yorkers they are something else. Fine what do you call them then when they are in a different state. Long islanders??? are they treated like out of staters do they work in new york it seems by descriptions that its pretty interchangeable. Isnt long island seems to be simply a suburb of new york city- like the residential area most people live in who work in new york city
  • GlowGirl said:

The islandcomprises four counties; Kings and Queens counties (the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens, respectively) and Nassau County share the western third of the island, while Suffolk Countyoccupies the eastern two thirds. More than half of New York City's residents live on Long Island, in Brooklyn and in Queens.

So confusing new york is. So your saying that long islanders are not new Yorkers they are something else. Fine what do you call them then when they are in a different state. Long islanders??? are they treated like out of staters do they work in new york it seems by descriptions that its pretty interchangeable. Is long island simply a suburb of new york city

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Usually, when I meet someone who lives in Long Island they will say they live in Long Island, not NYC. But I was mainly responding to your post about how Pearl Jam shouldn’t be playing at MSG because they were booed at Nassau Colosseum. It’s a different area. 
  • edited April 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    Usually, when I meet someone who lives in Long Island they will say they live in Long Island, not NYC. But I was mainly responding to your post about how Pearl Jam shouldn’t be playing at MSG because they were booed at Nassau Colosseum. It’s a different area. 
    Got it but i dont think the band separates long island from new york city when they think of those bad experiences. If you went to mission district in sf and got into some shit you wouldnt say i was in mission district youd say sf. For anyone not born in new york the assumption is long island is the major suburb of manhattan aka nyc where no one but the rich can afford to live comfortably in some luxury skyrise penthouse condo. Id assume most homeowners that work in or frequent manhattan do not live thier cause of the cost. Live in long island and commute- so to me as an outsider its all the same people really just living in the more affordable suburbs and then commuting to work. Its all new york city people that live in the suburbs cause of cost
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    But yet they continue to play New York City.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• edited April 2022
    on2legs said:
    Of course they are playing there its a huge market but pearl jam premium prices are telling there is no way its market forces at play and demand is so high that prices justify starting at 5k a pop.. NY has to pay scalper prices in comparison to California shows prices or really anywhere else outside of camden (who is being fucked cause its so close to you geographically)
    Actual photo on the wall at MSG. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:

Until they drop you on the ground.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

Until they drop you on the ground.  
    Lol

GlowGirl said:
    Got it but i dont think the band separates long island from new york city when they think of those bad experiences. If you went to mission district in sf and got into some shit you wouldnt say i was in mission district youd say sf. For anyone not born in new york the assumption is long island is the major suburb of manhattan aka nyc where no one but the rich can afford to live comfortably in some luxury skyrise penthouse condo. Id assume most homeowners that work in or frequent manhattan do not live thier cause of the cost. Live in long island and commute- so to me as an outsider its all the same people really just living in the more affordable suburbs and then commuting to work. Its all new york city people that live in the suburbs cause of cost

People from Long Island usually say they are from ‘The Island.’ And we live ON the island. Getting the on wrong is a tell.

A New Yorker from Manhattan say they live in ‘The City’

If from the boroughs, they say I’m from… Queens, Brooklyn, THE Bronx, Staten Island

although (allegedly) the bands name was born on this island, Long Island, their courageous attack of an American war and president (at a time before trump when it was not cool to protest a POTUS during a war) caused them to get booed. For that, the four that were here that key night in winter 1991 will likely never return. 

But don’t hold that against the greatest city in the world. Where their tickets are rarer than any other city. And I’m sure they remember the difference.

Everyone knows when they are in The City.
  • I grew up in long island. I live in queens now. Long island is not nyc. Long island has a big republican contingent. I was at the 03 coliseum show and was embarrassed. And this whole idea that new yorkers dont catch stage divers is silly nonsense. The new york hardcore scene was huge and there was plenty of stage diving going on. Also theres a reason why pj released msg 03 on dvd. Its because new york shows can be something extra special and is the reason Msg 03 still ranks in my top 5 out of almost 60 shows.

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Ah yes, the ol “NYC is the worst place in the world” argument, carry on…
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    Why am I getting déjà vu with all of this New York City talk lol
    Nyc shows are the absolute worst.  I would advise all out of towners to sell your tickets.  Please let me know if you have two ga you would like to get rid of.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Even the Bostonians think this thread had taken a weird turn. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,304
    on2legs said:
    Of course they are playing there its a huge market but pearl jam premium prices are telling there is no way its market forces at play and demand is so high that prices justify starting at 5k a pop.. NY has to pay scalper prices in comparison to California shows prices or really anywhere else outside of camden (who is being fucked cause its so close to you geographically)
    Where are you from? 
    edited April 2022
    I’ve read some stupid shit on these boards, especially in ATM….. but this is next level. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,781
    Sorry I just need to laugh at this. Completely uniformed comments. I live in the suburbs and I can assure you it is a million miles away from Manhattan. Yes all the NYC shows were terrible as the band is know for playing uninspired shows in NYC and the surrounding areas. Even the 06 show in Albany was subpar. Throw away and delete all NY bootlegs.
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711
    edited April 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nyc shows are the absolute worst.  I would advise all out of towners to sell your tickets.  Please let me know if you have two ga you would like to get rid of.
    Agree. In fact, no non new yorkers should ever come to one of these really horrible pj shows. Leave these shitty shows for our shitty city. 
    @nicknyr15 is the one who dropped Ed ved at the 94 show.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yup. I mean I was 9 so it wasn’t completely my fault. But I’d honestly do it again if given the chance. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,094
    edited April 2022
    I prefer the swedish brown squirrels to the big grey ones running around NYC. But those are cute too ofc.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I prefer the swedish brown squirrels to the big grey ones running around NYC. But those are cute too ofc.

Yea but our squirrels will definitely beat up your squirrels. 
    Was going to post this in Camden topic but with the ny talk earlier maybe here better ;)

Listening to Camden 7/6/2003 Ed thanks the crowd, says Kelly told them their record sales in this region of the country are so high, disproportionate to everywhere else. The impression left was he is referring to the general region within a few hour drive, Phi, NY, Bos, etc

So they've known close to 20 years. Not a surprise msg prices are off the chart, Camden sold 27,000 tickets in a minute… So many people want to see them in the I 95 corridor, considering the population, an unreal demand. Maybe one day we’ll see the volume of shows around here so we can properly show the band and the world our appreciation. Maybe not. It’s getting late.
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yup. I mean I was 9 so it wasn’t completely my fault. But I’d honestly do it again if given the chance. 
    No excuse bro.