“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    They did change the system. 

What other bands can you NOT resale except for “face” outside of NY and CO due to laws?  That’s progress.  They did it. Plenty bands can but don’t. 

They secure 50-75% of the venue for fan club. Newsflash fan club is an elite way to get tickets before general public.  Kudos to them for cutting those deals. 

If they toured more the demand wouldn’t  be as great in certain markets 

Platinum ain’t going away so move on. Ain’t on them. It’s a TM/LN creation. 

Everyone buys merch. How ya feel that The promoters get anywhere from 15- 25% of the sales?  So we are all giving them more money.   

TM/ LN are full on scams BUT until someone comes alone and buys the venues to control the system , it ain’t gonna change. The best everyone can hope for is what this band does for its fans. 

Enjoy the shows if you’re going and be happy that you got your tickets for the lowest price available  

For some now not to see that the locking of tickets and the F2F only option to sell is only enhancing the problem is hilarious. This is exactly how they (PJ and TM) manipulate the market. This is the start of the problem. It is not a free market. We have been lied to. Does the Ten Club have good intentions? I'd love to believe so. I just can't believe they are this ignorant while also having the best of intentions. Do they have a choice? Possibly not but, come by it honestly. 

a free market would be all the tickets sold on TM and fan club gets nothing. Ya want that chaos? I don’t. Would rather know a nice portion of fans got tixs

and I’ve said ir before. If they just cancelled the shows and everyone got their money back and now put up a new tour in the same markets and a new lottery people would
    lose it as well.  This tour was a no win for them.  
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,155
    Click through for the thread if you want a taste of the industry via Frank Turner

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

What other bands can you NOT resale except for “face” outside of NY and CO due to laws?  That’s progress.  They did it. Plenty bands can but don’t. 

They secure 50-75% of the venue for fan club. Newsflash fan club is an elite way to get tickets before general public.  Kudos to them for cutting those deals. 

Everyone buys merch. How ya feel that The promoters get anywhere from 15- 25% of the sales?  So we are all giving them more money.   

TM/ LN are full on scams BUT until someone comes alone and buys the venues to control the system , it ain’t gonna change. The best everyone can hope for is what this band does for its fans. 

Enjoy the shows if you’re going and be happy that you got your tickets for the lowest price available  

For some now not to see that the locking of tickets and the F2F only option to sell is only enhancing the problem is hilarious. This is exactly how they (PJ and TM) manipulate the market. This is the start of the problem. It is not a free market. We have been lied to. Does the Ten Club have good intentions? I'd love to believe so. I just can't believe they are this ignorant while also having the best of intentions. Do they have a choice? Possibly not but, come by it honestly. 

a free market would be all the tickets sold on TM and fan club gets nothing. Ya want that chaos? I don’t. Would rather know a nice portion of fans got tixs
    Define a free market? Our definition may be different. 
    pjl44 said:
    Click through for the thread if you want a taste of the industry via Frank Turner

It’s not easy. I work with bands that hit the road and next thing ya know they have to hold up a tour for a week affecting all the other bands on tour with them. 

They still have to pay the crew and now either have to get a hotel for 4 days, feed themselves more since they get no dinners from the promoters. Don’t get paid for the gigs and now have to figure out how to get back into the room they were playing cause the touring market is flooded

its Ugly out there 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

It’s not easy. I work with bands that hit the road and next thing ya know they have to hold up a tour for a week affecting all the other bands on tour with them. 

They still have to pay the crew and now either have to get a hotel for 4 days, feed themselves more since they get no dinners from the promoters. Don’t get paid for the gigs and now have to figure out how to get back into the room they were playing cause the touring market is flooded

its Ugly out there 
    If only millionaires made thousands less. 
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    Yeah cause the bands in a van are millionaires. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    I missed where in the PJ forum we aren't talking about PJ. Bands in vans are a separate conversation completely irrelevant to this one. 
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    Show me the "Bands in Vans Premium" seats....
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

I'm curious as to your definition.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    I missed where in the PJ forum we aren't talking about PJ. Bands in vans are a separate conversation completely irrelevant to this one. 
    The answer was the frank turner Twitter post

as far as PJ goes, they have been paying their crew and staff for 2+ years now  as they are employees.  You wanna go about millionaires. They could have told them to scratch. They didn’t. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    Show me the "Bands in Vans Premium" seats....
    Plenty of bands in vans do it. Ya play a club and it’s all GA you can pay more to get a table in the balcony.  
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:

its Ugly out there 
    The answer was the frank turner Twitter post

as far as PJ goes, they have been paying their crew and staff for 2+ years now  as they are employees.  You wanna go about millionaires. They could have told them to scratch. They didn’t. 
    Hey man if you want to apologize for the Ten Club and the band and also approve of what is being handed to us, as fans, more power to you. My loyalty isn't blind. I know when I am being taken advantage of. Still somewhat willing to be taken advantage of out of my love for the music and its power. I just now understand a little differently. We are pawns in their (TM/PJ) game to make as much money as possible.....more power to them. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    pjl44 said:

That was a pretty good summation... thank you for posting! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

That was a pretty good summation... thank you for posting! 
    Was this news to anyone? There are TONS of industries decimated by what Covid brought to them. As a society we have deemed it is it not ok for "inflation" to rise 8% but as a fan club many are arguing it is ok and understandable for a PJ ticket to rise 4000%.  Wild world we live in.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I need a documentary on the decision to call it PJ Premium. Just a Fyre Fest level of bad idea. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Things that could be done that would definitely reduce ticket prices:

- Not play half of your NA shows in California (including adding shows)

- Open the fan 2 fan exchange immediately with the ability to sell for less (but not more) than what you paid

Not sure net impact on ticket prices:

- Make all tickets fully transferrable (i.e. NYC/Denver)...would have more inventory on secondary market and cut into PJ Platinum ability to leverage artificial scarcity / price gouge...but also would likely mean more initial tickets go to flippers, and that they have to raise prices for everyone to cover the loss of $ from PJ Platinum

Things that can't be done:

- Eliminate PJ Platinum / TM price gouging
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Either way… Ticketmaster is getting their share of tickets to mark up.  I prefer that a huge percentage of the tickets are now going to the fan club. Under the old system Ticketmaster only gave the fan club 10%.  Who knows what happened to the other 90%.  

Back in 2013 I got upper level tickets for Brooklyn night 2 through the regular Ticketmaster public sale.  But my buddy who was going to the show with me grew up with a guy who now works for Ticketmaster.  We met up with the guy at a bar before the show and he had at least a dozen tickets that he showed us and let us pick out a pair.  No charge.  

Either way, Ticketmaster is going to control some of the tickets.  It’s not perfect but at least the new system keeps the majority in the hands of fans from the get go. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

Wikipedia gives a fair definition......I bolded a few key points. The current situation with PJ tickets and always with TM shows we are not participating in a free market with either business (PJ/TM.) 

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by buyers and sellers negotiating in an open market without market coercions. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority other than those interventions which are made to prohibit market coercions. Examples of such prohibited market coercions include: economic privilege, monopolies, and artificial scarcities. Proponents of the concept of free market contrast it with a regulated market in which a government intervenes in the exchange of property for any reason other than reducing market coercions.

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    BR2428 said:
    One of my refunded Ten Club tickets appeared today as a $650 PJ Premium Ticket. I’m thinking the second one must’ve already sold. 
    Ok, now this doesn't seem right to me. Why are ten club tickets not going back into the lottery?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

Wikipedia gives a fair definition......I bolded a few key points. The current situation with PJ tickets and always with TM shows we are not participating in a free market with either business (PJ/TM.) 

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by buyers and sellers negotiating in an open market without market coercions. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority other than those interventions which are made to prohibit market coercions. Examples of such prohibited market coercions include: economic privilege, monopolies, and artificial scarcities. Proponents of the concept of free market contrast it with a regulated market in which a government intervenes in the exchange of property for any reason other than reducing market coercions.
    "Free markets" are never free.  They are always upended by something.  Whether that is something like Ticketmaster or Disney (artificial scarcities) or market coercions (business or government interference)....it never works out for the consumer in America. 

I say America, because most other nations dont seem to have this level of problems with late stage capitalism. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    edited April 2022
    Vedd Hedd said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

"Free markets" are never free.  They are always upended by something.  Whether that is something like Ticketmaster or Disney (artificial scarcities) or market coercions (business or government interference)....it never works out for the consumer in America. 

I say America, because most other nations dont seem to have this level of problems with late stage capitalism. 

So are you saying we should bend over and take it? I prefer to call out hypocrisy as I see it, no matter who the culprit is. Sadly, in this instance the guilty parties are TM (who has always been guilty) and now PJ (who I hold in high regard.) I will always speak truth to power.....

Sadly...these lyrics ring even more true now and are relevant to the Ten Club....

"We can scream, out our doors
    Behind the wall a fat man snores"
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

How does "all the tickets sold on Ticketmaster" not qualify? I'm assuming he meant day of the sale, all 18,000 tickets are available at a set price, with no restrictions on resale. We know how that goes, especially in higher-demand markets. Resellers snatch up all of the tickets and list them on their own sites for 4-5x face value.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,781
    JP218404 said:

Unless something has changed, the 10C gets a lot less than 50% of the venue.  Id guess that if we were not just coming out of a pandemic with a war happening, someone might care about this predatory pricing scheme.   It does look like TM/LN is being sued for exactly that.  Too bad they can pay off the plaintiff and make it go away.
    cmalisze said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

So are you saying we should bend over and take it? I prefer to call out hypocrisy as I see it, no matter who the culprit is. Sadly, in this instance the guilty parties are TM (who has always been guilty) and now PJ (who I hold in high regard.) I will always speak truth to power.....

Sadly...these lyrics ring even more true now and are relevant to the Ten Club....

You've convinced me. I will follow your lead and... um, keep giving the Ten Club my money and keep seeing the band live in concert? I'll even keep buying merch. That'll show 'em!

mattcoz said:
    BR2428 said:
    One of my refunded Ten Club tickets appeared today as a $650 PJ Premium Ticket. I’m thinking the second one must’ve already sold. 
    Ok, now this doesn't seem right to me. Why are ten club tickets not going back into the lottery?
    G-R-E-E-D
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't think it was ever stated anywhere that every refunded 10c ticket was going back into the lottery. I was surprised there was a lottery at all, and thankful, but if some tickets have become PJ Premium I will not be surprised. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

You've convinced me. I will follow your lead and... um, keep giving the Ten Club my money and keep seeing the band live in concert? I'll even keep buying merch. That'll show 'em!
    You're right. We should all be quiet, grin and bear it. Unless you're in the band, apparently. 

cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

You're right. We should all be quiet, grin and bear it. Unless you're in the band, apparently. 

Might as well, if all you're going to do about a band you think are greedy, hypocritical, sell-outs is complain about them being greedy while still giving them your money.

mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    cmalisze said:
    mpedone said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:
    cmalisze said:
    JP218404 said:

Might as well, if all you're going to do about a band you think are greedy, hypocritical, sell-outs is complain about them being greedy while still giving them your money.
    Man o man......this is exactly the problem. We wonder why the "elite" and/or "premium" mentality among the privileged exists only to continually enable these individuals to negatively impact the common man. I mean why did Ed bring a Bush mask on stage? Bush was already President. His words didn't matter then anymore than mine do now to PJ apologists. Change doesn't start at the zero hour when PJ is signing the agreement with TM. It starts now for next tour. Keep enabling and apologizing for the Ten Club/band it will only get worse. It may continually get worse no matter what, admittedly. If you are not a part of a solution you are a part of the problem.....
  • pistol3pistol3 Posts: 189
    Yeah I don't quite get the complete unconditional love for all involved with the ticket prices (Band, 10 club, etc).  I think it's okay to call things out that are BS.  Obviously it's ridiculous, otherwise there wouldn't be so many tickets still available.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24