“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    JimmyV said:
    $4,756 before fees this morning. A new record. 
    I thought @PJNB had posted when they were over $5K before fees
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    A bunch of new Premium tix dropped for Nashville today
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JimmyV said:
    I didn't see that. Maybe? Or maybe I blocked it out. 

Legitimately was stunned by Paul McCartney's $3,500 Fenway tickets a few weeks ago and now my favorite band has blown that price away. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    another block of 12 seats in section 104 for Camden are you for $1,150 a piece.  Camden was holding steady with about 40 platinum seats, now they are up to 52. Most being in section 104
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    PJ Premium and Platinum is a game.  List only a few tickets at a time to trick people into scarcity and buying.  

If it keeps fan club prices down then fine with me.
    PJ Premium and Platinum is a game.  List only a few tickets at a time to trick people into scarcity and buying.  

If it keeps fan club prices down then fine with me.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm skeptical about how low fan club prices will be the next time we get a tour announcement. Time will tell. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,304
    It’s manipulating the market. It’s bullshit. They create the market, then capitalize as much as possible. Holding back tickets and creating scarcity to drive prices up is fucking dishonest and bullshit. I hate Ticketmaster more than I hate actual scalpers. This will be the reason why I don’t see concerts anymore besides a very small handful of acts. I’m not blaming bands because they literally have no other OPTIONS when it comes to playing live shows. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Legitimately was stunned by Paul McCartney's $3,500 Fenway tickets a few weeks ago and now my favorite band has blown that price away. 

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s manipulating the market. It’s bullshit. They create the market, then capitalize as much as possible. Holding back tickets and creating scarcity to drive prices up is fucking dishonest and bullshit. I hate Ticketmaster more than I hate actual scalpers. This will be the reason why I don’t see concerts anymore besides a very small handful of acts. I’m not blaming bands because they literally have no other OPTIONS when it comes to playing live shows. 
    This is well stated and an accurate portrayal of where things are at.  They string you along until the show gets closer and closer, making the desperate fan feel like they have to pull the trigger if they want to see their favorite band.  I wish people would just not buy the premium tickets as it seems that is the only way to make any sort of change.  

And waiting until the day of for ticket drops doesn't work for a large portion of people who travel for PJ shows.  If it's in your hometown or a 2-3 hour drive, sure. But when you have to factor in hotels and all of that, it's hard to pull the trigger on that stuff without tickets in hand.  Sucks all the way around. 
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wow. I get the economics and I get the potential need, but this really is such a bad look. 

• JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Releasing more premium seats in the 100s in Camden is a really bad look. So so many 10c members with really low numbers way back in the 200s. And as expected this was because so many of the good seats, not just "a handful" are held back for the premium BS shell game.

Really hope this isn't the new norm on future tours.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    JBob87 said:
    Releasing more premium seats in the 100s in Camden is a really bad look. So so many 10c members with really low numbers way back in the 200s. And as expected this was because so many of the good seats, not just "a handful" are held back for the premium BS shell game.

Highly doubt they would go back now that the cork is out of the bottle.
    It's here to stay I fear.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JBob87 said:

This is the new norm. 
    edited April 2022
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    3 months of mortgage for a show.  Better get a reach around too.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    PB11041 said:
    But they are "PJ Premium" it makes it all worth it......
    Who would of thought that one day stub hub would be the cheaper way to go? 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    I was toying with the idea of adding LA2, and looked at tickets on TM.  The regularly priced tickets still require VF code.  LA1 and LA2 are the only shows in May requiring VF code.  Has anyone else noticed this?  What could be the explanation for this?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Pats16Pats16 Posts: 199
    Crazy!  Seems like just yesterday I was hemming and hawing over spending $400 for side stage at MSG.  Now it's $1g for behind stage in the balcony.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    PB11041 said:
    Make it a rusty trombone for that price!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • masterpolmasterpol Posts: 30
    Does anyone know if they have released or will release seats behind the stage for St. Louis? 
    masterpol said:
    Does anyone know if they have released or will release seats behind the stage for St. Louis? 
    Sadly....nobody knows anything. If you know when they will open up F2F sales let us know too! 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    masterpol said:
    There were a lot of behind the stage seats released during the verified fan sales.  Not sure if they are holding more back at this point but I’m guessing most of the seats we will see going forward are in better locations so they can command a higher price. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    One of my refunded Ten Club tickets appeared today as a $650 PJ Premium Ticket. I’m thinking the second one must’ve already sold. 
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

I know it's TM and not the band but this is really demoralizing. 
    It is the band willing to do business with TM. Do not confuse. TM makes the rules and PJ agrees to play by them. They have a choice. 

Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

It is the band willing to do business with TM. Do not confuse. TM makes the rules and PJ agrees to play by them. They have a choice. 
    Technically they have a choice but we all saw what happened when they chose not to work with TM so is it really a choice especially when it's even worse these days? 
    They had 5 years under their belt and sat in front of Congress talking about how Ticketmaster had a monopoly on ticketing. They did a tour without Ticketmaster and lost their case. If they really wanted to change the system, they should try again. Fuck Ticketmaster 2025. "If you hate something, don't you do it too."
    Things were different then
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Evel K said:
    cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:

Technically they have a choice but we all saw what happened when they chose not to work with TM so is it really a choice especially when it's even worse these days? 
    They had 5 years under their belt and sat in front of Congress talking about how Ticketmaster had a monopoly on ticketing. They did a tour without Ticketmaster and lost their case. If they really wanted to change the system, they should try again. Fuck Ticketmaster 2025. "If you hate something, don't you do it too."

How?  They tried that in '95 by doing a tour using derelict or invented venues, and almost killed themselves.  That's not even an option anymore.  I don't think there's anyway to tour without TM anymore.

How it's not been declared a monopoly I have no idea.

That being said, I'm guessing other ticket agencies will use platinum too.   I know the RATM show in Vancouver had platinum tickets too, and it doesn't use TM.

I think TM invented platinum to make more $$ for everyone, but it does result in more money for artists.  So it's not like competitors aren't going to use it too.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    edited April 2022
    They did change the system. 

What other bands can you NOT resale except for “face” outside of NY and CO due to laws?  That’s progress.  They did it. Plenty bands can but don’t. 

They secure 50-75% of the venue for fan club. Newsflash fan club is an elite way to get tickets before general public.  Kudos to them for cutting those deals. 

If they toured more the demand wouldn’t  be as great in certain markets 

Platinum ain’t going away so move on. Ain’t on them. It’s a TM/LN creation. 

Everyone buys merch. How ya feel that The promoters get anywhere from 15- 25% of the sales?  So we are all giving them more money.   

TM/ LN are full on scams BUT until someone comes alone and buys the venues to control the system , it ain’t gonna change. The best everyone can hope for is what this band does for its fans. 

Enjoy the shows if you’re going and be happy that you got your tickets for the lowest price available  

Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • UKBgirlUKBgirl Posts: 99
    Reading these threads from a UK/Europe perspective the market manipulation/strangulation by TM seems blatant.  Comparing the prices we are paying where TM have genuine competition and aren't allowed sole control of the market is eye watering.

For example my ticket to Hyde Park Friday is VIP, includes food and drink and merch.  It's just under £300 ($400 ish), less than many are paying for entrance at the US gigs!

Other dates in Europe for gigs more directly akin to US dates are €65-€120 ($75-$130 ish) and these are public sale not 10C!

Honestly I think PJ have done the best they can to help fans against the stranglehold TM seems to have.  It's that or no US tours, just a few fest appearances by the looks of it, and that would really cause a new level of bitching!
    BR2428 said:
    One of my refunded Ten Club tickets appeared today as a $650 PJ Premium Ticket. I’m thinking the second one must’ve already sold. 
    Or hasn't been released for sale yet. 

JP218404 said:
    They did change the system. 

What other bands can you NOT resale except for “face” outside of NY and CO due to laws?  That’s progress.  They did it. Plenty bands can but don’t. 

They secure 50-75% of the venue for fan club. Newsflash fan club is an elite way to get tickets before general public.  Kudos to them for cutting those deals. 

If they toured more the demand wouldn’t  be as great in certain markets 

Platinum ain’t going away so move on. Ain’t on them. It’s a TM/LN creation. 

Everyone buys merch. How ya feel that The promoters get anywhere from 15- 25% of the sales?  So we are all giving them more money.   

TM/ LN are full on scams BUT until someone comes alone and buys the venues to control the system , it ain’t gonna change. The best everyone can hope for is what this band does for its fans. 

Enjoy the shows if you’re going and be happy that you got your tickets for the lowest price available  

For some now not to see that the locking of tickets and the F2F only option to sell is only enhancing the problem is hilarious. This is exactly how they (PJ and TM) manipulate the market. This is the start of the problem. It is not a free market. We have been lied to. Does the Ten Club have good intentions? I'd love to believe so. I just can't believe they are this ignorant while also having the best of intentions. Do they have a choice? Possibly not but, come by it honestly.