“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• nicknyr15 said:
    I prefer the swedish brown squirrels to the big grey ones running around NYC. But those are cute too ofc.

Yea but our squirrels will definitely beat up your squirrels. 
    And our pigeons dont give a fuck. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    I d love a proper northeast tour one day. Something like: 
    augusta, maine
    burlington, vt 
    albany
    buffalo 
    pittsburgh
    philly x2
    newark, nj
    nyc x3
    hartford
    boston  x2
    baltimore
    dc
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    The two best markets to see PJ in America are:
    -Philly
    -New York City.  

Amazing crowds.  Legendary shows.  Sellouts are instant.  

After that there’s a drop off and then you can add whatever city you want.  Boston, Chicago.  Both great crowds.  Lots of good PJ towns that they don’t visit enough but those first two are different.  
    on2legs said:
    Kyrie Irving also refuses to stage dive for the same reason.  
    I heard that.  Hoping the mayor mandates that they catch him.   
    edited April 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    augusta, maine
    burlington, vt 
    albany
    buffalo 
    pittsburgh
    philly x2
    newark, nj
    nyc x3
    hartford
    boston  x2
    baltimore
    dc
    I’m ok with that if they follow it up with non-festival stops at:

Houston 
    Dallas
    New Orleans
    Tampa (3 encores before!) 
    Atlanta
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    augusta, maine
    burlington, vt 
    albany
    buffalo 
    pittsburgh
    philly x2
    newark, nj
    nyc x3
    hartford
    boston  x2
    baltimore
    dc

Houston 
    Dallas
    New Orleans
    Atlanta
    I love it!  Way over due.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    JimmyV said:
    Even the Bostonians think this thread had taken a weird turn. 
    Lol.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    mcgruff10 said:
    augusta, maine
    burlington, vt 
    albany
    buffalo 
    pittsburgh
    philly x2
    newark, nj
    nyc x3
    hartford
    boston  x2
    baltimore
    dc
    2006 was close.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    edited April 2022
    -Please play here (fill in name of city)
    -Our fans are the best
    -Previous shows here were the best
    -I saw them play here in (fill in year), it was epic
    Edit: It has been since (fill in year), since they've played here, far too long
    Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    on2legs said:
    Kyrie Irving also refuses to stage dive for the same reason.  
    I heard that.  Hoping the mayor mandates that they catch him.   
    Yes! Free Kyrie!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    mcgruff10 said:
    augusta, maine
    burlington, vt 
    albany
    buffalo 
    pittsburgh
    philly x2
    newark, nj
    nyc x3
    hartford
    boston  x2
    baltimore
    dc

Houston 
    Dallas
    New Orleans
    Atlanta
    https://youtu.be/tbU3zdAgiX8
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Not a surprise msg prices are off the chart, Camden sold 27,000 tickets in a minute… So many people want to see them in the I 95 corridor, considering the population, an unreal demand. Maybe one day we’ll see the volume of shows around here so we can properly show the band and the world our appreciation. Maybe not. It’s getting late.
    We'll see what happens, but how quickly the lawn at camden sold out seems very fishy to me. That lawn holds almost 20k. Selling that many lawn tickets within an hour on a presale is unheard of.

I suspect in the coming months, we will be seeing periodic tickets dumps for the lawn....and more people than usual will buy them up due to the perceived scarcity of tickets. This is all a manipulative game for ticketmaster to sell their 'premium' tickets at inflated prices, while also creating the illusion that finding a lawn ticket is a big score when it's not. They are probably sitting on thousands of lawn tickets right now, but are waiting for people to buy premiums. Fortunately it doesn't seem like people are actually paying for those, but it would certainly be tougher for ticketmaster to sell $1200 and up seats next to a vast quantity of ga lawn listings for $59.95.

Same thing goes for nyc in regard to the market. I certainly won't argue that msg is toughest ticket of the tour, that much is obvious....but this notion that the $2-4k tickets that they are listing are market value is way off the mark. These tickets are not selling. Sometimes they disappear....which again, is ticketmaster trying to create the illusion of scarcity...but the same tickets keep randomly popping back up. I have no idea how many tickets they actually have left for msg, and I dont believe it's ever going to be easy to get a ticket at a normal price....but those prices are certainly going to come down at some point. Ticketmaster isn't going to just eat them if no one wants to pay thousands of dollars for them.

I know Denver and NYC wont have f2f, but if people were actually buying the premiums in any significant numbers, they would've opened the f2f up for the other dates by now. 
  • Lifted said:
    Not a surprise msg prices are off the chart, Camden sold 27,000 tickets in a minute… So many people want to see them in the I 95 corridor, considering the population, an unreal demand. Maybe one day we’ll see the volume of shows around here so we can properly show the band and the world our appreciation. Maybe not. It’s getting late.
    We'll see what happens, but how quickly the lawn at camden sold out seems very fishy to me. That lawn holds almost 20k. Selling that many lawn tickets within an hour on a presale is unheard of.

I suspect in the coming months, we will be seeing periodic tickets dumps for the lawn....and more people than usual will buy them up due to the perceived scarcity of tickets. This is all a manipulative game for ticketmaster to sell their 'premium' tickets at inflated prices, while also creating the illusion that finding a lawn ticket is a big score when it's not. They are probably sitting on thousands of lawn tickets right now, but are waiting for people to buy premiums. Fortunately it doesn't seem like people are actually paying for those, but it would certainly be tougher for ticketmaster to sell $1200 and up seats next to a vast quantity of ga lawn listings for $59.95.

Same thing goes for nyc in regard to the market. I certainly won't argue that msg is toughest ticket of the tour, that much is obvious....but this notion that the $2-4k tickets that they are listing are market value is way off the mark. These tickets are not selling. Sometimes they disappear....which again, is ticketmaster trying to create the illusion of scarcity...but the same tickets keep randomly popping back up. I have no idea how many tickets they actually have left for msg, and I dont believe it's ever going to be easy to get a ticket at a normal price....but those prices are certainly going to come down at some point. Ticketmaster isn't going to just eat them if no one wants to pay thousands of dollars for them.

I know Denver and NYC wont have f2f, but if people were actually buying the premiums in any significant numbers, they would've opened the f2f up for the other dates by now. 
    they sold out the shows in camden within minutes 10 times between 98-08. they havent played philly in 6 years and its 1 night. philly/ south jersey fanbase alone would sell out camden. i'm sure they'll release some lawns along the way but I'm not surprised at all that most would be sold. theres 10s of thousands of fans just in the philadelphia area who dont have to be 10 rows from the stage or under the cover period. they are thrilled to get a cheap lawn and go to a show.  if they announced a 9/13 camden, that would sellout too. 
    edited April 2022
    I went to every ECenter show between 98-03.   The guy above is correct. The lawn sold out within minutes every time.  I remember being in the old school Ticketmaster line on one occasion. I got the last of the seats and they ran out of lawn tickets before half of my line even got to the counter. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • I went to every ECenter show between 98-03.   The guy above is correct. The lawn sold out within minutes every time.  
    2 nights each time within minutes. they would put night 1 on sale, it would be gone in under 5 mins. then within the hour a 2nd night would pop up, and be gone in 5 mins. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I went to every ECenter show between 98-03.   The guy above is correct. The lawn sold out within minutes every time.  
    2 nights each time within minutes. they would put night 1 on sale, it would be gone in under 5 mins. then within the hour a 2nd night would pop up, and be gone in 5 mins. 
    And all of that with multiple other shows in the northeast selling, too. This time there were no other shows. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I went to every ECenter show between 98-03.   The guy above is correct. The lawn sold out within minutes every time.  I remember being in the old school Ticketmaster line on one occasion. I got the last of the seats and they ran out of lawn tickets before half of my line even got to the counter. 
    that lawns gonna be loud and proud on 9/14
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Check that, 5k a seat. Sec 106 row 1
    Wanna go halfers? Only if you sit on my lap,lol.

• mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Lifted said:

Highly disagree with this. This is a band that plays two nights in baseball stadiums and sells out in Boston, Chicago, and Seattle. I would argue Philly is a bigger PJ market than those cities. It's not fishy at all that they sold out of 27,000 tickets that fast with no sign of a second night being available.

I would even disagree with the NYC comment as well. I truly believe the market value to get into MSG for 1 night of PJ is around $2k. It's really not that crazy at all. The demand is there and it's simple economics. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2022
    JimmyV said:
    I went to every ECenter show between 98-03.   The guy above is correct. The lawn sold out within minutes every time.  
    And all of that with multiple other shows in the northeast selling, too. This time there were no other shows. 
    exactly. you have only 2 nights total between NY and PHI not the usual 4, and like you said NYers didnt have to claim MSG first. and people up to Boston, and down to DC, and everywhere else going to the show. 
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    I prefer the swedish brown squirrels to the big grey ones running around NYC. But those are cute too ofc.

Looks like a Maine red squirrel. We kill them on site. They will do damage to houses and garages.
  • smile6680 said:

Looks like a Maine red squirrel. We kill them on site. They will do damage to houses and garages.
    spiritual chaos is not going to like this 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    smile6680 said:

What if he eats them after killing them and makes squirrel skin hays out of the pelts? You know using all the hunted resources a la Ted Nugent. Surely Spiritual Chaos will be OK in that case.

:lol:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    mshnayder said:
    Lifted said:

Highly disagree with this. This is a band that plays two nights in baseball stadiums and sells out in Boston, Chicago, and Seattle. I would argue Philly is a bigger PJ market than those cities. It's not fishy at all that they sold out of 27,000 tickets that fast with no sign of a second night being available.

I would even disagree with the NYC comment as well. I truly believe the market value to get into MSG for 1 night of PJ is around $2k. It's really not that crazy at all. The demand is there and it's simple economics. 

I commented earlier this weekend I was listening to one of the Camden shows from 2003 and Ed said something implying this. Back in the day album sales were a reliable measure, he said they sold disproportionately more albums in this region than anywhere else. I believe he was referring to the NY, PA, MA corridor. I can’t  recall ticket availability for any amount of tickets anywhere near NY or Philly over the years like a few of the shows available now . 

It’s very curious two of the three shows added were in the CA Central Valley, considering two Oak shows were already on the schedule. Not sure if that decision matches their draw in that region, as population density in the valley is roughly 90% less than that on the other coast. 

The MSG show was on stub hub for months in 2020 and prices were sky high throughout.

They’ve also acknowledged that Last Kiss would not have been a hit if not for Philadelphia deciding to play it on the radio.  It became a hit there and the rest of the country started playing it
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Unforgivable
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    They’ve also acknowledged that Last Kiss would not have been a hit if not for Philadelphia deciding to play it on the radio.  It became a hit there and the rest of the country started playing it
    The band has always had pretty good relationship with old school terrestrial radio rock stations in Philly.  Seems like they name-drop WMMR and some of their DJs every time they play in Philly.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    smile6680 said:

Well, It's better than seeing your house burn down due to the fact they love to chew electrical wires. Grey squirrels and chipmunks can come and go as they please. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    $4,756 before fees this morning. A new record. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    JimmyV said:
    $4,756 before fees this morning. A new record. 
    $10,920 after fees lol