Philly / Camden, NJ Roll Call !!! 9/14/22

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Is staying in Cherry Hill an decent option to avoid the brunt of the traffic? It looks like there are local roads leading there from the waterfront where 676 can be avoided?
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 238
    have either GA or reserved for Camden - catching the train down to Philly on the morning of the gig 

• pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited March 2022
    Is staying in Cherry Hill an decent option to avoid the brunt of the traffic? It looks like there are local roads leading there from the waterfront where 676 can be avoided?
    Yes. Cherry Hill is nice, safe and not too far from the venue. You can probably find something on Rt 73 or Rt 70 and that’s pretty much a straight shot to the venue 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • I hear about 10:30pm weeknight curfew in Camden… ppl who have been there recently (loose term due to Covid etc):

1- do the bands just ignore it?
    2- it’s not enforced 
    3- is there an exception to Waterfront Pavillion
    4- other

what do the experts say?
    Severed Hand
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Does anyone know if the River Line runs late during shows at Camden? Looking at the current schedule the last train to Trenton is 9pm. With all the talk on how bad the traffic is after the shows I thought maybe parking at Trenton, and taking the rail there and back would be a good alternative. 

NYPJ
  • I hear about 10:30pm weeknight curfew in Camden… ppl who have been there recently (loose term due to Covid etc):

2- it’s not enforced 
    4- other

what do the experts say?
    Last time I was there was for Spoon / Cage / Beck in Sept 2019 and it went past 10:30. PJ shows have also always gone past 10:30pm, but the last time they played there was in 2008.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Safe to park the car within walking distance?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore

2- it’s not enforced 
    4- other

what do the experts say?
    I’ve been there a bunch but not in years. No 1030 curfew in the past. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    Yes, I’d recommend staying in Cherry Hill. It’s a nice, upscale area with good restaurants and shopping around. It’s also very close to Camden. However, it’s still going to take a while to get in/out of the venue because the roads basically narrow down into a funnel right by the venue. So expect it to take a little while to get out of the venue after the show, but once you’re out of the immediate area you should have a very short drive. Another option is to Uber to/from the hotel and save yourself the hassle of driving. But the downside of Uber is of course surge pricing after the show. 
    wall232 said:
    Does anyone know if the River Line runs late during shows at Camden? Looking at the current schedule the last train to Trenton is 9pm. With all the talk on how bad the traffic is after the shows I thought maybe parking at Trenton, and taking the rail there and back would be a good alternative. 

I wouldn’t recommend parking in Trenton. It’s not a safe area to wander around at night plus I don’t think the river line runs at night. 
    100 Pacer said:
    Yes, as long as you park in one of the tailgating lots for the venue. There will be a ton of people walking back to those lots after the show, so I’ve never felt unsafe. I wouldn’t recommend parking in other lots further away from the venue though. 
  • steven87 said:
    wall232 said:

I wouldn’t recommend parking in Trenton. It’s not a safe area to wander around at night plus I don’t think the river line runs at night. 
    I agree. You do not want to wander around Trenton late at night. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Anyone have info on when the private or venue parking lots open before the show for tailgating?? The venue says 2 hours, but are there private lots that open earlier? 
    steven87 said:
    wall232 said:

I agree. You do not want to wander around Trenton late at night. 
    I actually work in Trenton and have had the unfortunate experience of walking around at night many a time. Fortunately I have not had any incidents, but I don’t recommend it. It’s basically a 9-5 city so it turns into a ghost town at night. 
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Thanks for the info regarding Trenton. We are just trying to figure out the fastest way out of there since we are driving back to NY, and then have an early morning flight to Nashville on Thursday. Can't wait for September! 
    NYPJ
  • Can someone recommend a safe place to leave a car parked during the show? A friend and I are meeting and there’s no need for the two of us to drive.

I heard about Cherry Hill as a safe neighborhood. Is it legal and easy to find a spot on a street and leave the car there from 5pm - midnightish? 

TIA
    Severed Hand
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    edited March 2022
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Yes, as long as you park in one of the tailgating lots for the venue. There will be a ton of people walking back to those lots after the show, so I’ve never felt unsafe. I wouldn’t recommend parking in other lots further away from the venue though. 

For most of the last 15 years or so I've parked at the metered spots on the street. Put a few bucks in for the night. There are waves of fans all around that area after the show.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Can someone recommend a safe place to leave a car parked during the show? A friend and I are meeting and there’s no need for the two of us to drive.

I heard about Cherry Hill as a safe neighborhood. Is it legal and easy to find a spot on a street and leave the car there from 5pm - midnightish? 

TIA
    The safest place to park is in the enormous parking lot outside of the venue. Or if you're staying in philly, just take the ferry over.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    Anyone have info on when the private or venue parking lots open before the show for tailgating?? The venue says 2 hours, but are there private lots that open earlier? 
    For the 2008 show and a bunch before that, I got to the venue early afternoon and parked in the main lot. There will be a lot of people getting there early, and they're not turning that money away.

"They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Ryan_WFC said:
    Anyone have info on when the private or venue parking lots open before the show for tailgating?? The venue says 2 hours, but are there private lots that open earlier? 
    For the 2008 show and a bunch before that, I got to the venue early afternoon and parked in the main lot. There will be a lot of people getting there early, and they're not turning that money away.

Seconded. Unless things have drastically changed - we would get there at like 11:30, 12 for PJ shows and be set up with a great spot.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    Where's the closest place to stay in Philly if you're going to use the ferry or take an Uber to the venue?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Hilton Penn's Landing
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Where's the closest place to stay in Philly if you're going to use the ferry or take an Uber to the venue?
    Stay in old city. Usually easy to find a good deal on hotwire.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    Lifted said:
    Stay in old city. Usually easy to find a good deal on hotwire.

Yeah I have a friend in Old City that I've stayed with before for this sort of thing, but I didn't want to bother her for this since the show's on a Wednesday. I'll look into some hotels around there though. Thanks. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Ryan_WFC said:

Seconded. Unless things have drastically changed - we would get there at like 11:30, 12 for PJ shows and be set up with a great spot.
    It has changed quite a bit since those 2008 shows. The Sixers practice facility is there now, and some of the lots are for companies in the area, and you can't get into them too early. This show is on a weeknight, but I'm sure you can still get into the lots that are specific to the venue early. Just be prepared to pay a lot. We paid $50 to park right next to the venue in sept 2019.

Ryan_WFC said:

It has changed quite a bit since those 2008 shows. The Sixers practice facility is there now, and some of the lots are for companies in the area, and you can't get into them too early. This show is on a weeknight, but I'm sure you can still get into the lots that are specific to the venue early. Just be prepared to pay a lot. We paid $50 to park right next to the venue in sept 2019.
    $50 to hang out all day and have a good time sounds good to me.
  • Lifted said:
    Can someone recommend a safe place to leave a car parked during the show? A friend and I are meeting and there’s no need for the two of us to drive.

TIA
    The safest place to park is in the enormous parking lot outside of the venue. Or if you're staying in philly, just take the ferry over.
    I understand. However, we were trying to avoid bringing two cars to the venue parking lot (And save $50+, enough for a shirt and a pin or two).

The idea is/was to meet somewhere, park one car, drive together to and from the show. 

Thank you.
    Severed Hand
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Lifted said:

TIA
    I understand. However, we were trying to avoid bringing two cars to the venue parking lot (And save $50+, enough for a shirt and a pin or two).

The idea is/was to meet somewhere, park one car, drive together to and from the show. 

Thank you.

Looks like there is a giant Walmart lot in cherry hill, also a large mall with an AMC theatre in town, may have luck with that?
  • berglundmichaelsberglundmichaels Posts: 6
    edited March 2022
    I managed to win a pair of Lawn seats! Not ideal but  I'm very grateful I won my first time entering a 10C club lottery. 

For those who have sat in the Camden lawn section before:

Does it make sense to bring my own beach chair? Or is it just easier to pay for a rental? 
    I managed to win a pair of Lawn seats! Not ideal but  I'm very grateful I won my first time entering a 10C club lottery. 

For those who have sat in the Camden lawn section before:

Does it make sense to bring my own beach chair? Or is it just easier to pay for a rental? 
    I don’t think they let you bring your own lawn chairs anymore. Last time I was there, they had rentals for $5 or $10.