Philly / Camden, NJ Roll Call !!! 9/14/22

Comments

• Has anyone NOT gotten an email yet? Feel like I am the only one still sweating this thing out...
    In 2020 I lost out on MSG and never got an e-mail.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    Has anyone NOT gotten an email yet? Feel like I am the only one still sweating this thing out...
    For those who say they haven't gotten an email they  do not come from 10C.  they come from Ticketstoday. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    nicknyr15 said:
    Never been to this venue before. Any advice about parking? I don’t care about the price , I want convenience and a quick escape.  
    Go on the venue site prepay for vip prob 50 or 60 but well worth it...that's what I'm doing

Does vip avoid traffic? Is it near the venue?
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    nicknyr15 said:
    Never been to this venue before. Any advice about parking? I don’t care about the price , I want convenience and a quick escape.  
    Go on the venue site prepay for vip prob 50 or 60 but well worth it...that's what I'm doing

It puts you in the parking lot right next to the venue, many of the other lots are a 5-10 minute walk over.  And there is no avoiding traffic leaving Camden after a sold-out show, ever.  No matter what lot you park in, you need to head away from the waterfront basically on one of two roads to get back on any highway, which is what all folks are doing.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    Has anyone NOT gotten an email yet? Feel like I am the only one still sweating this thing out...
    I despise this new system. I also did the verified fan thing too so, who knows...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks said:
    For those who say they haven't gotten an email they  do not come from 10C.  they come from Ticketstoday. 
    Yes, in 2020 I lost and never got an e-mail from Ticketstoday.  I had to call their customer service to confirm I lost.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Skane444Skane444 Posts: 2
    CAMDEN LAWN SEATS!!!  ALSO GOT VEGAS!!!
  • Did anyone have Camden as #2 priority and get GA/Reserved?  
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    The only good things about this venue are the views and the tailgating. I don't like to toot the tailgate horn on this, but this place is the fucking best for tailgates. Even though I live in the city we're still highly considering a tailgate and renting a party bus.
    +1  That is our play.  Grab some Primos and tailgate!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    rmwatson said:
    nicknyr15 said:

It puts you in the parking lot right next to the venue, many of the other lots are a 5-10 minute walk over.  And there is no avoiding traffic leaving Camden after a sold-out show, ever.  No matter what lot you park in, you need to head away from the waterfront basically on one of two roads to get back on any highway, which is what all folks are doing.

Good info, thanks! Need to find a post game show in the lots.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    rmwatson said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good info, thanks! Need to find a post game show in the lots.
    Well if you need something to do to pass the time, after the last Camden shows, there were a ton of guys in the parking lot selling nitrous oxide balloons. Maybe PJ should bring back “whip it” in honor of the parking lot post-game situation. 
    Just saw this ad for the show on the venue’s website that I thought was pretty entertaining. I guess people are gonna be pissed if they don’t play just breathe, better man, Jeremy, yellow Ledbetter, and black as advertised. I’m also definitely going to wear “a Corduroy” to “help with the overall concert feels.”

• rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    steven87 said:
    Just saw this ad for the show on the venue’s website that I thought was pretty entertaining. I guess people are gonna be pissed if they don’t play just breathe, better man, Jeremy, yellow Ledbetter, and black as advertised. I’m also definitely going to wear “a Corduroy” to “help with the overall concert feels.”

Just as FYI - that site is bogus, the real venue website is a LiveNation site, the above has the following attached:

DISCLAIMER

The BB&T Pavilion is situated next to the Delaware River in the heart of Camden, New Jersey.

This site is independent guide operated by Pure Tonic Marketing. Bringing you the best independent guides for entertainment venues across the globe.

This site is not affiliated or sponsored by Live Nation, Ticketmaster, or BB&T Pavilion. This site links to resale tickets to events at BB&T Pavilion.

This website acts as a independent guide for the music venue. We’re great fans of the venue and provide the most amount of information possible on the venue and all it’s events. If you want to contact the actual venue directly, we have listed their phone number on the contact page.

We also use this website to promote what we feel is the best ticket broker service on the internet.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    Where can I buy the VIP parking? Is it not on sale yet?
    rmwatson said:
    steven87 said:

Just as FYI - that site is bogus, the real venue website is a LiveNation site, the above has the following attached:

DISCLAIMER

The BB&T Pavilion is situated next to the Delaware River in the heart of Camden, New Jersey.

This site is independent guide operated by Pure Tonic Marketing. Bringing you the best independent guides for entertainment venues across the globe.

This site is not affiliated or sponsored by Live Nation, Ticketmaster, or BB&T Pavilion. This site links to resale tickets to events at BB&T Pavilion.

This website acts as a independent guide for the music venue. We’re great fans of the venue and provide the most amount of information possible on the venue and all it’s events. If you want to contact the actual venue directly, we have listed their phone number on the contact page.

We also use this website to promote what we feel is the best ticket broker service on the internet.
    Ah good to know. That makes a lot more sense. 
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    nicknyr15 said:
    This^^
    NYPJ
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    wall232 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This^^
    It’s not up yet. Usually when the show goes up on sale to gen pop
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    JP218404 said:
    wall232 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This^^
    Thanks!  I'll keep checking the site around the verified fan date. 

NYPJ
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    JP218404 said:
    wall232 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This^^
    Thanks!!
  • JE107307JE107307 Posts: 8
    edited March 2022
    Check out RITFW from this venue 7/5/03, there was a fireworks show visible from the venue, so they broke out some Uncle Neil early on. “The sounds of Afghanistan!”
    September 28, 1996, Downing Stadium, Randall's Island, New York
    September 29, 1996, Downing Stadium, Randall's Island, New York
    June 14, 1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
    August 28, 1998, Camden, New Jersey; Blockbuster Music Ent. Center
    August 29, 1998, Camden, New Jersey; Blockbuster Music Ent. Center
    September 1, 2000, E-Centre; Camden, NJ
    September 2, 2000, E-Centre; Camden, NJ
    April 28, 2003 - First Union Spectrum Arena; Philadelphia, PA
    May 3, 2003 - Bryce-Jordan Center; State College, PA
    June 29, 2003 - Bell Center; Montreal, Que., Canada
    July 5, 2003 - Tweeter Center; Camden, New Jersey
    October 1, 2004 - Vote for Change Tour, Sovereign Center; Reading, PA
    2006-05-28 Camden New Jersey Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
    Oct 03, 2005 Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
    Oct 27, 2009 Wachovia Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, PA
    September 2, 2012 MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL Philadelphia, PA
    Oct. 21, 2013 - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, PA
    April 28, 2016 - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, PA
    September 2, 2018 - Fenway Park Boston, MA

• Did anyone have Camden as #2 priority and get GA/Reserved?  

Yes, Camden was my #2 behind MSG and I only put in for Reserved, got my confirmation yesterday afternoon.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    In case anyone wants an idea on the tailgate situation at Camden…. 
    This was taken at PJ in 2003.  A homemade tarp slip and slide.  Only in Camden. 
    I do not know these people, but they sure were having fun. Lol 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    nicknyr15 said:

I think they actually call it premier parking now LOL it is the lots directly next to the venue they're the closest there you're within feet of the venue unfortunately no matter where you go in Camden you are not avoiding traffic it's a bottleneck in and a bottleneck out I come from Philly right across the river on a day when it isn't a concert I could drive from my house to the amphitheater and 20 minutes when the concert sold out if you go with the wrong time it can take you an hour and a half or two hours just to go half a mile into the venue so just plan your time accordingly if you plan on coming for tailgating early in the day it won't be bad but if you come at 7:00 at night forget it it's going to take 2 hours all the parking in Camden is very expensive after I posted with you I actually went to the website the parking tickets aren't for sale yet until the tickets go on sale then you would go to Ticketmaster pick the Pearl jam show at Camden and when you go to like you were going to buy tickets there's add-ons and one of the add-ons is parking they have premier parking for $50 and which is park anywhere in the premier section and then they have reserved parking that's your spot and yours alone that's $100 I guess if it's reserved spot you're guaranteed that spot also you should be able to see seating charts which aren't seating charts though the parking lot charge to show you which lots are where I don't remember the numbers or letters of the hope that helps
    Yeah that’s pretty much how I remember it. It was wild! In the picture, it looks like they were pouring beer instead of water onto the slip n slide. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Gonna guess this was before the 7/5/03 show where it was ungodly hot and out of no where came a thunderstorm that was sorely needed. Then everyone came back out of their cars to continue partying, almost refreshed from the rain and given a 2nd wind.
  • nicknyr15 said:

I think they actually call it premier parking now LOL it is the lots directly next to the venue they're the closest there you're within feet of the venue unfortunately no matter where you go in Camden you are not avoiding traffic it's a bottleneck in and a bottleneck out I come from Philly right across the river on a day when it isn't a concert I could drive from my house to the amphitheater and 20 minutes when the concert sold out if you go with the wrong time it can take you an hour and a half or two hours just to go half a mile into the venue so just plan your time accordingly if you plan on coming for tailgating early in the day it won't be bad but if you come at 7:00 at night forget it it's going to take 2 hours all the parking in Camden is very expensive after I posted with you I actually went to the website the parking tickets aren't for sale yet until the tickets go on sale then you would go to Ticketmaster pick the Pearl jam show at Camden and when you go to like you were going to buy tickets there's add-ons and one of the add-ons is parking they have premier parking for $50 and which is park anywhere in the premier section and then they have reserved parking that's your spot and yours alone that's $100 I guess if it's reserved spot you're guaranteed that spot also you should be able to see seating charts which aren't seating charts though the parking lot charge to show you which lots are where I don't remember the numbers or letters of the hope that helps
    I also suggest looking into the RiverLine on NJT. You can park at one of several different park and ride stations in NJ for free. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    nicknyr15 said:

I also suggest looking into the RiverLine on NJT. You can park at one of several different park and ride stations in NJ for free. 
    I suggest go to Donkey Place for a cheesesteak early and then tailgate 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The only good things about this venue are the views and the tailgating. I don't like to toot the tailgate horn on this, but this place is the fucking best for tailgates. Even though I live in the city we're still highly considering a tailgate and renting a party bus.
    We’ll do a party bus, especially if it get us back to the neighborhood easily. I’ve never had problems with Uber but would like to tailgate and definitely not driving. 

We’ll have 6…all people you know in some capacity
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Did anyone have Camden as #2 priority and get GA/Reserved?  

Yes, Camden was my #2 behind MSG and I only put in for Reserved, got my confirmation yesterday afternoon.
    I also had Camden as my #2 priority  (only Reserved) but did not score a ticket.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798

So I did not read through all this slam on Camden venue, but I have seen PJ there many times and it has  never been an issue.  The tailgating fans in Philly were way worse than anything I’ve ever seen in Camden.  The local police do a fantastic job assisting with patrons exiting the venue after the show.

And I love Philly.  Love going to shows in Philly.

Find it funny that so many complain about Camden venue, yet still opt for tickets.  Sorry but all the “hating” on anything, annoys the hell out of me.  Just be happy PJ announced a local show.