Options

North American Tour 2022 Announcement

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    All these complaints about ticket prices (in same cases rightfully so msg & camden) and not a single complaint from Washingtonians about the most tragic thing about this tour- skipping Washington state

when in gods name are the going to announce a show in WA state- you know their home town the place where it all started lol. I still cannot believe 5 shows in cali including fresno of all places (no offense to people that live there) and not a single one in Washington. What did safeco do to offend them during the 2018 home shows? Did they keep some of the charitable proceeds for those shows or not fully cooperate with the agreement. Its the only thing i can think of otherwise it makes no sense to skip Washington completely. Skipping Chicago is also a head scratcher but nowhere near as baffling as skipping seattle. They all live here all eddie has to do is drive like 15-20 minutes from his house in west Seattle to the stadium.

they also got two stops in the shithole called the oakland arena (the place that has no pro team) they must be getting a damn good concessions stand deal and cheap security otherwise theyd be playing in the new warriors arena in Sf. The oakland arena is dying a slow death im sure rhe city is offering bands a rental price they cannot refuse, like the walmart of arenas- the low price rental leader
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 110

• Options
    mlove73 said:
    Hey I'm a little wigged out about my tickets and looking for advice. I requested and received confirmation for 2 x tickets to the Vegas MGM show. My credit card was charged. I received both of those emails just fine. But I have still not (as of 8:00pm EST 4/1) received an email with my seats. I have checked - and rechecked - all my spam, deleted and inboxes. I've searched my gmail account for the email address. Nothing. Logged into my Ticketmaster account - nothing. I emailed the support tenclubsupport Ticketmaster address two days ago and - nothing heard at all. Is there a phone number I can call? A better place to ask? Any calming advice other than drinking heavily is greatly appreciated. - Thx 
    If you got charged (eg the debit hit your bank statement) then if i was you i would not worry about that. Ticketmaster isnt going to screw you over (outside of ticket prices and fees) you will get them
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    All these complaints about ticket prices (in same cases rightfully so msg & camden) and not a single complaint from Washingtonians about the most tragic thing about this tour- skipping Washington state

when in gods name are the going to announce a show in WA state- you know their home town the place where it all started lol. I still cannot believe 5 shows in cali including fresno of all places (no offense to people that live there) and not a single one in Washington. What did safeco do to offend them during the 2018 home shows? Did they keep some of the charitable proceeds for those shows or not fully cooperate with the agreement. Its the only thing i can think of otherwise it makes no sense to skip Washington completely. Skipping Chicago is also a head scratcher but nowhere near as baffling as skipping seattle. They all live here all eddie has to do is drive like 15-20 minutes from his house in west Seattle to the stadium.

they also got two stops in the shithole called the oakland arena (the place that has no pro team) they must be getting a damn good concessions stand deal and cheap security otherwise theyd be playing in the new warriors arena in Sf. The oakland arena is dying a slow death im sure rhe city is offering bands a rental price they cannot refuse, like the walmart of arenas- the low price rental leader
    I have got to assume they'll hit Boston, Chicago and Seattle at some point this year.

Also this is tangential to your complaint but the West Seattle Bridge closure has made getting in and out of W Seattle a nightmare, 15-20 minutes is awfully generous getting from W Seattle to anywhere in the city proper at this point.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57

Did I miss the memo where it is written in stone that they must hit Seattle, Boston, and Chicago on every tour??  People are spoiled as fuck and quickly forget that some of these areas have been visited more than a few times on recent tours vs cities they haven't played in ages. 
    Suck it up!
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• Options
    sean9769 said:

Did I miss the memo where it is written in stone that they must hit Seattle, Boston, and Chicago on every tour??  People are spoiled as fuck and quickly forget that some of these areas have been visited more than a few times on recent tours vs cities they haven't played in ages. 
    Suck it up!

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Lol maybe cause they have never skipped seattle for any other major north american tour until this year. Do they have to play those other cities no cause they dont always play them but seattle is different- and skipping wa state altogether is a huge outlier based on previous tour. So i have every right to point this out. Its strange AF
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    This tour was originally designed with the home shows having only been two years earlier and with a second leg planned for the fall. Skipping some cities made sense in that context. 

Not slotting them back in now that the tour has been rescheduled makes less sense, but we'll see what the future brings. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    sean9769 said:

Suck it up!
    It’s been almost 20 years since they played the 4th largest city in the US. I have no sympathy for Chicago 😀
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 630

These shows were mostly to cover the postponed 2020 dates. We got a few extra that were fit in geographically nearby the originals. Let them catch up. I think they want to fulfill their responsibilities first. Between U.S. Canada and Europe, they are playing alot of shows this year.
    This ⬇️
    (JimmyV said:
    This tour was originally designed with the home shows having only been two years earlier and with a second leg planned for the fall. Skipping some cities made sense in that context. 

Not slotting them back in now that the tour has been rescheduled makes less sense, but we'll see what the future brings. 

I could see Seattle being an exception, though!)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    JimmyV said:

Ya i agree with this i always saw 2020 as a continuation if the 2018 short tour. But now its been 4 years since the 2018 “home shows”. If they do t hit it up on this tour who knows how long before the next- it could be like 8 years now before they do come back (from 2018 until the next tour maybe 4 years from now). Thats too long to skip out on their home town. When the grateful dead was in full tour mode they never skipped oakland/sf because its their home fucking town. Both logically and logistically speaking its the most convenient location for them. It would be a different story if they all didnt live here but hell i just saw stone at easy street records a few weeks ago. Even with traffic the arenas are like a hop skip and jump away from where they all live. I was shocked to see them add fresno sac and some others and not seattle. Its makes no sense from any logical viewpoint- no travel cost and they get to sleep in their beds after the show ends. What more could any aging rock band ask for lol. They can easily finish up the leg right here back home its not like a major detour for them and be done with it
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    But a certain Seattle venue may be in their future plans X 4
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    vedpunk said:
    Whoa
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Which month, year we thinking?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    sean9769 said:

Suck it up!
    In general a Pearl Jam show is probably going to sell out wherever/whenever they play, but Boston, Chicago and Seattle are historically GREAT markets for them, along with NYC, Philly, etc. I don't think it's an issue of people being spoiled so much as folks knowing that at some point sooner rather than later, they're going to hit those markets.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 194
    vedpunk said:
    Drooling.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 630
    vedpunk said:

Xlnt !
  • Options
    JustinBergonzoniJustinBergonzoni Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    PJ hasn’t been to Vegas since 2006 and now I can’t find a ticket for less than 350 bucks on Ticketmaster for the long awaited Vegas show. The corporate monster MGM Grand Garden Arena and Ticketmaster have the last laugh unfortunately. (PJ, There are definitely better venues than MGM in Vegas). Wishing you guys the best and glad you are touring at least! - Might have to catch ya on the next one. - JB
    Post edited by JustinBergonzoni on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476

The "shithole" is good enough for Sir Paul McCartney who is playing two shows there the weekend before Pearl Jam does.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 917
    PJ hasn’t been to Vegas since 2006 and now I can’t find a ticket for less than 350 bucks on Ticketmaster for the long awaited Vegas show. The corporate monster MGM Grand Garden Arena and Ticketmaster have the last laugh unfortunately. (PJ, There are definitely better venues than MGM in Vegas). Wishing you guys the best and glad you are touring at least! - Might have to catch ya on the next one. - JB
    Just wait for fan to fan. You will score tix!
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    vedpunk said:
    Climate Pledge??
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    vedpunk said something similar last year, that they would play climate pledge in Nov 2021.  Maybe he just had the year wrong?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    grains of salt everywhere

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    JimmyV said:

And with the Seattle arena having been closed in 2020, wasn't the plan to hit it when it re-opened?

I bet we get Seattle before December 2023. It would absolutely not surprise me if we get more USA dates next year.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Yardboy1Yardboy1 Honolulu Posts: 58
    Im sure this has already been asked, but is it possible to transfer tickets to unspecific individual or do they go straight into the ticket pool? Thanks
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Yardboy1 said:
    Im sure this has already been asked, but is it possible to transfer tickets to unspecific individual or do they go straight into the ticket pool? Thanks
    No. They go back into the pool. Only exceptions are MSG and DEN. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    Is it possible to swap tickets meeting someone at the MGM?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Basilg said:
    Is it possible to swap tickets meeting someone at the MGM?
    You can do whatever you want in person, if you trust who you are dealing with. You just walk in with the person, and then if you screen grab the other person's seats, you can sit there while they sit in your seats. If that is what you mean by swap. 

If you mean sell them, and not enter, then that's a whole other thing you need to figure out, but theoretically it can happen. 
  • Options
    BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    Thanks

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

Very nice! ISO variant ..