Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    but what does ed's personal living situation have anything to do with music?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:

So why did Eddie Vedder get called out? Because he threw the first punch — and, according to Nikki, the guy’s a douche:

“The thing is: If you want to badmouth my band, I’ll probably say something in return. What I don’t understand is why the guy is talking about my band. He’s a successful guy, let’s face it: guys fly private jets, he lives in a mansion in a gated community, he sells out stadiums, and he dresses up pretending to be a guy in the ’90s… Don’t talk bad about my band, man! At least I’m being honest.”

In fairness, I think Ed was talking about ALL OF THOSE BANDS, not specifically MC.  Think that makes him feel better?
    Ed said "Motley Crue, Fuck You". That's a pretty direct shot at Sixx's band I'd say.

I have zero issue with this latest quote from Sixx, he's 100% right. He's just defending his band against an unprovoked attack by EV.
    When was that?  He said MC - Fu right from that very first interview?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:

So why did Eddie Vedder get called out? Because he threw the first punch — and, according to Nikki, the guy’s a douche:

“The thing is: If you want to badmouth my band, I’ll probably say something in return. What I don’t understand is why the guy is talking about my band. He’s a successful guy, let’s face it: guys fly private jets, he lives in a mansion in a gated community, he sells out stadiums, and he dresses up pretending to be a guy in the ’90s… Don’t talk bad about my band, man! At least I’m being honest.”

In fairness, I think Ed was talking about ALL OF THOSE BANDS, not specifically MC.  Think that makes him feel better?
    Ed said "Motley Crue, Fuck You". That's a pretty direct shot at Sixx's band I'd say.

I have zero issue with this latest quote from Sixx, he's 100% right. He's just defending his band against an unprovoked attack by EV.
    In a recent interview with The New York Times, Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder minced no words in regards to Mötley Crüe and the late-Eighties hair-metal scene. "'Girls, Girls, Girls' and Mötley Crüe: [expletive] you," he said, adding, "I hated it. I hated how it made the fellas look. I hated how it made the women look. It felt so vacuous."
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:

In a recent interview with The New York Times, Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder minced no words in regards to Mötley Crüe and the late-Eighties hair-metal scene. "'Girls, Girls, Girls' and Mötley Crüe: [expletive] you," he said, adding, "I hated it. I hated how it made the fellas look. I hated how it made the women look. It felt so vacuous."
    Mmmm... I can't tell you how much I agree with this statement.  Vacuous is the perfect word for hair bands. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,659
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:

Yes he did.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    I think he’s just saying Ed’s a douche. Ed’s “attack” was sort of personal too after all. It wasn’t just “I’m not into that music.” Saying that he hated how bands like MC made the “fellas” and the women look does come off like “holier-than-thou” bullshit. So I think Sixx is saying that at least with him, what ya see is what ya get….misogyny and all. On the other hand, Ed interrupts his concerts and HOF induction to preach about climate change, while, as Sixx mentioned, flying around in private jets 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • but what does ed's personal living situation have anything to do with music?
    I think he’s just saying Ed’s a douche. Ed’s “attack” was sort of personal too after all. It wasn’t just “I’m not into that music.” Saying that he hated how bands like MC made the “fellas” and the women look does come off like “holier-than-thou” bullshit. So I think Sixx is saying that at least with him, what ya see is what ya get….misogyny and all. On the other hand, Ed interrupts his concerts and HOF induction to preach about climate change, while, as Sixx mentioned, flying around in private jets 
    Well pj is one of the few bands that offset their carbon emissions when using private jets. 
    Personally I don't care about any of that.  Any rip on that music and that hedonism is fine by me. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,696
    This thread this thread reminds me of the cat in Pet Sematary. It will not die. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    demetrios said:

Weird they didn't care about getting the quote correct. 

...media today...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Second movie is better.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This is getting into Artie Lange/Sal Governale territory.  In the old days, Stern would try to get both guys (Ed and Nikki) on and try to "clear the air" with them.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    mrussel1 said:
    Personally I don't care about any of that.  Any rip on that music and that hedonism is fine by me. 
    I’m just saying that’s probably Sixx’s perspective. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,164
    If Nikki Sixx had a sharper wit this could be a lot more interesting 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I hope this never goes away, just too funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjl44 said:
    Not like "Fuck Mötley Crüe" is David Letterman-levels of wit.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,219
    edited March 2022

Post edited by demetrios on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,219
    demetrios said:

Local radio stations have been playing parts of this interview. They sure are making this big!  
  • This is just marketing tactic for ohana 22 headlined by Motley Crue and Pearl Jam 😂 
  • jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    demetrios said:

And Nikki Sixx dresses up pretending to be a guy from the 80's with a weird hair cut, hair dye, and eye liner. I'd much prefer to be dressed as a guy pretending to be in the 90's.  
    demetrios said:

And Nikki Sixx dresses up pretending to be a guy from the 80's with a weird hair cut, hair dye, and eye liner. I'd much prefer to be dressed as a guy pretending to be in the 90's.  
    And I don't even think the statement is true.  He dresses like a normal person.  Mike is the one that dresses like a rock star,  if anyone. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,164
    pjl44 said:
    Not like "Fuck Mötley Crüe" is David Letterman-levels of wit.
    I was trying to stay respectful of our hosts!
  • jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:

And I don't even think the statement is true.  He dresses like a normal person.  Mike is the one that dresses like a rock star,  if anyone. 
    Seriously.  Dude wears a flannel and some jeans, just your standard normal clothing. `
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,249
    Kind of dumb for Ed to specifically mention Motley Crue. Just generalize it with the hair metal scene. He opened himself up for some criticism. 
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    I’m not surprised by this at all, if ur into evil shit, songs and poetry about love, life and truth would bore that person 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    Don’t get me wrong, I banged my head to kickstart my heart and a few others, but Pearl Jam fucking rocks hard as shit, but what Stevie Nixx and his crew aren’t interested in beauty.

Pearl Jam fills us with everything that is wonderful about music 

Imo
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,870
    Nikki 6 looks like he is dressed for a goth Halloween party, who is he to judge what people dress like? Eddie put his foot in his mouth when he specifically mentioned their band, should have just said I don’t relate to the 80s hair bands. 
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    otter said:
    Don’t get me wrong, I banged my head to kickstart my heart and a few others, but Pearl Jam fucking rocks hard as shit, but what Stevie Nixx and his crew aren’t interested in beauty.

Imo
    See the source image
    Hobbes said:
    otter said:

Imo
    See the source image
    I love her.  So much talent.  The songs she wrote at like 25 years old are astounding.  I was a dipshit at that age, and she was writing things like Landslide  I can't relate at all. 

Although in fairness, she didn't come up with "Unskinny Bop".  So she didn't have the "genius" market cornered.