Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    our resident trump thumper has returned, no doubt to extoll the hypothetical virtues of a president who would be the savior of the planet had the election not been stolen from him. 
    You just can’t quit him.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jhager79 said:
    With my anxiety in complete overdrive and the fact that I know I shouldn't do this I'm going to ask anyway.  How do we see this playing out? Does Russia attack North America? Ukraine surrender relatively quickly and become neutral like Finland?
    Nuclear attack? 

None of those.  Putin attempts to hold Kyiv with a puppet govt. I don't think he can.  He will try to negotiate for Ukraine to never be allowed in NATO as well.  

Meanwhile the sanctions take their toll,  ruble crashes,  Russia is cut off from SWIFT while Ukraine guerrillas make life difficult.  I think he retreats to the two breakaway oblasts and stays there. 
    When will you wake up?
    Well as a man who is 50% Ukrainian,  I have a strong belief in the national pride of Ukraine and their commitment to fight.  And we're seeing it already 

What is your educated opinion?
    I am with you on this. What I’m saddened about is the general naïveté that has existed on this forum for years. I was talking about this shit pre-trump. I said that this was coming and that the world is sleep walking towards disaster. I do not doubt that the Ukrainian’s are committed to fight but I doubt the West is willing or even able to support them. This is a forum that believes western civilization is inherently evil. Rot is everywhere. The barbarians are at the gates. They know we are weak. China will move next. Then Iran. There will be no Putin retreat. There will be no European tour. 

#standwithukraine
    China may move to Taiwan but that's it. And we've expected that for years. 

Man is inherently evil, not the West. To steal a phrase from the founding fathers,  the West is the worst culture,  except for all the rest.  

Your Iran prediction is way off, as is your statement regarding the west being weak.  The Japanese thought we were weak,  as did the Germans.  And they were right until they weren't.  The fundamentals haven't changed regarding our capacity. 

Trump tried to do Putins work by undermining NATO at every turn.  But he failed.  Only Putin didn't realize it until now,  when he sees even the Germans uniting against him. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    our resident trump thumper has returned, no doubt to extoll the hypothetical virtues of a president who would be the savior of the planet had the election not been stolen from him. 
    You just can’t quit him.
    He's the king maker in the party right now.  He's not finger painting in Texas staying out of the light. 

How do you feel about this?  Russian state TV using an American president as propaganda. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jhager79 said:
    With my anxiety in complete overdrive and the fact that I know I shouldn't do this I'm going to ask anyway.  How do we see this playing out? Does Russia attack North America? Ukraine surrender relatively quickly and become neutral like Finland?
    Nuclear attack? 

None of those.  Putin attempts to hold Kyiv with a puppet govt. I don't think he can.  He will try to negotiate for Ukraine to never be allowed in NATO as well.  

Meanwhile the sanctions take their toll,  ruble crashes,  Russia is cut off from SWIFT while Ukraine guerrillas make life difficult.  I think he retreats to the two breakaway oblasts and stays there. 
    When will you wake up?
    Well as a man who is 50% Ukrainian,  I have a strong belief in the national pride of Ukraine and their commitment to fight.  And we're seeing it already 

I am with you on this. What I’m saddened about is the general naïveté that has existed on this forum for years. I was talking about this shit pre-trump. I said that this was coming and that the world is sleep walking towards disaster. I do not doubt that the Ukrainian’s are committed to fight but I doubt the West is willing or even able to support them. This is a forum that believes western civilization is inherently evil. Rot is everywhere. The barbarians are at the gates. They know we are weak. China will move next. Then Iran. There will be no Putin retreat. There will be no European tour. 

#standwithukraine

Man is inherently evil, not the West. To steal a phrase from the founding fathers,  the West is the worst culture,  except for all the rest.  

Your Iran prediction is way off, as is your statement regarding the west being weak.  The Japanese thought we were weak,  as did the Germans.  And they were right until they weren't.  The fundamentals haven't changed regarding our capacity. 

Trump tried to do Putins work by undermining NATO at every turn.  But he failed.  Only Putin didn't realize it until now,  when he sees even the Germans uniting against him. 
    This isn’t 1940. The average westerner is spoiled, soft and fat. Capacity means nothing when there is no heart. We tear down statues. We erase our histories. We kneel. Apologies and reckonings with our past are ok but we are way past that. We no longer believe in our sense of purpose. Your sense of optimism is appreciated but the fundamentals that count aren’t in our collective favour.

Dicks also fuck assholes.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.
    He's the king maker in the party right now.  He's not finger painting in Texas staying out of the light. 

How do you feel about this?  Russian state TV using an American president as propaganda. 

How do I feel about fake news? The same as always I guess.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,552
    lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,836
    edited February 2022
    Is he one of these Canadian truckers?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Wannabe Jordan Peterson has entered the chat.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jhager79 said:
    Nuclear attack? 

When will you wake up?

#standwithukraine

This isn’t 1940. The average westerner is spoiled, soft and fat. Capacity means nothing when there is no heart. We tear down statues. We erase our histories. We kneel. Apologies and reckonings with our past are ok but we are way past that. We no longer believe in our sense of purpose. Your sense of optimism is appreciated but the fundamentals that count aren’t in our collective favour.

That's a ridiculous comparison.  And I'd love to have a debate about the righteousness of tearing down statues of treasonous seccess in my home of Richmond.  Monument Avenue was an embarrassment.  You don't have statues of your enemy in a public square.  

I thought you had a real argument about our military capacity,  arsenal and training of our soldiers.  Instead you bring in culture wars and Colin Kaepernick. Carry on.
  • Options
    Is he one of these Canadian truckers?
    Vaxxed and against mandates: I guess that makes me a proud member of the minority of the fringe minority.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.

My first thought is why is it all in English?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.

Because it's foreign propaganda. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.

But if that is what the Russia state tv is showing, wouldn’t there be some Russian in there?
  • Options
    Have you guys never watched RT? It has domestic stations here.
  • Options
    Whats RT? Russian Television? Why would I watch that?
  • Options
    Oh my god, they're not kidding. They actually think it's fake news. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Whats RT? Russian Television? Why would I watch that?
    I don't know why do you watch anything?

Kinda surprised people don't know this.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Not that I don’t think they would play something like that. But that doesn’t even look like TV screenshot to me. Looks like a website. So just saying looks odd that a picture of Russia TV looks like a website all in English. But I know nothing about RT, so maybe that’s normal. I don’t know.
    Should be nothing wrong with asking a question. That’s how we learn. Don’t need to chastise anyone for it.
  • Options
    Tried to link to the article but their website is down. Anonymous hacked it. Hahaha. Good on those guys. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.

But if that is what the Russia state tv is showing, wouldn’t there be some Russian in there?
    This isn’t their domestic website that’s in Russian.  This is their propaganda one.  There’s a second one called Sputnik. 

• Options
    It probably is lol is Fox News just a tv channel or does it also have a website?

Sounds like Kiev is getting rocked right now...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    Not that I don’t think they would play something like that. But that doesn’t even look like TV screenshot to me. Looks like a website. So just saying looks odd that a picture of Russia TV looks like a website all in English. But I know print about RT, so maybe that’s normal. I don’t know.
    Dude, come on. It is their website. They have a website just like CNN and Fox.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jhager79 said:
    Nuclear attack? 

When will you wake up?

#standwithukraine

That's a ridiculous comparison.  And I'd love to have a debate about the righteousness of tearing down statues of treasonous seccess in my home of Richmond.  Monument Avenue was an embarrassment.  You don't have statues of your enemy in a public square.  

I thought you had a real argument about our military capacity,  arsenal and training of our soldiers.  Instead you bring in culture wars and Colin Kaepernick. Carry on.
    Oh! You thought I was talking about your statues! How self-centered.  Up here we are tearing down statues of our first Prime Minister John A MacDonald. We are flagellating ourselves for our systemic racism. We are erasing any sense of pride or national purpose. Hate on me for mentioning it but it ain’t my culture war…it’s your’s. We’ve imported it along with everything else from America. So we can talk about your arsenal all you want but it’s useless on a continent teeming with self-hate.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You just can’t quit him.

This isn’t their domestic website that’s in Russian.  This is their propaganda one.  There’s a second one called Sputnik. 

Now that makes sense. Thank you. I thought this was supposed to be the TV in Russia.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Not that I don’t think they would play something like that. But that doesn’t even look like TV screenshot to me. Looks like a website. So just saying looks odd that a picture of Russia TV looks like a website all in English. But I know nothing about RT, so maybe that’s normal. I don’t know.
    Should be nothing wrong with asking a question. That’s how we learn. Don’t need to chastise anyone for it.
    That is a website.  Go to the site.  You’ll see what it’s about.  It is called Russia Today and is owned and operated by the Russian govt.  I’m surprised you’ve never run across them before.  

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,022
    edited February 2022
    Wow! The Professor is back! Gonna school us on “Rot” and fruit from the poisonous tree and how brilliant brilliance in all its brilliancy is really 4D chess. Can’t wait for his call for the US to send it’s military into Ukraine to save western democracy but I think he’s moving model trucks around on his model of downtown Ottawa and the border crossings. Shame too as I was looking forward to the warped arguments based in some neocon formulated alternative reality. Steve O? Is that you?

As if Twitter and memes isn’t bad enough, now we’re going to have unidentified and unremarked upon YouTube links to consider as if it’s some further enlightenment of the “rot.” 
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Not that I don’t think they would play something like that. But that doesn’t even look like TV screenshot to me. Looks like a website. So just saying looks odd that a picture of Russia TV looks like a website all in English. But I know print about RT, so maybe that’s normal. I don’t know.
    Dude, come on. It is their website. They have a website just like CNN and Fox.
    Yes, but I had no idea they would have an English version of Russian state TV media. I mean, does CNN and Fox have a Russian version? I wouldn’t think so. It was just a simple observation and question. A genuine response like what mussel gave goes a lot farther than just constant criticism.
  • Options
    When I was broke and living on my own without the luxuries of cable around 10ish years ago I'd actually say some of the best news sources on digital OTA channels were RT, BBC, and NHK.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    That is a website.  Go to the site.  You’ll see what it’s about.  It is called Russia Today and is owned and operated by the Russian govt.  I’m surprised you’ve never run across them before.  

So if you knows this (like I know this) why would you link to them asking me how I feel about what they are posting? It is a propaganda site. Why would you, me, or anyone fucking care! Literal Fake Fucking News.