Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Look at a map. They are passing the area to get to Kyiv. 
    So they aren't trying to take control of Chernobyl? Just briskly passing by it on the way to smash the capitol? I mean obviously they are trying to take control of everything.  Why would the president make a big deal about Chernobyl if they are just passing it by?
    To get the world to act. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    So they aren't trying to take control of Chernobyl? Just briskly passing by it on the way to smash the capitol? I mean obviously they are trying to take control of everything.  Why would the president make a big deal about Chernobyl if they are just passing it by?
    They want to take it, but I don't think they want to destroy it. That doesn't make sense. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    To get the world to act. 
    Aren't they already acting?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,557
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    To get the world to act. 
    That is a relative term. I would imagine the Ukraine PM want the world to act more. His people are dying. And he is losing "his" country.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    aliens

if your real

Pay Mr P a visit....humble his ass

What nonsense this is
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ridiculous to blame Biden for Putin's bullshit. If anything Putin is doing this to hurt Biden in hopes that puppetboy will get back in office.
    That’s also equally ridiculous. Purim’s actions aren’t Biden’s fault. And this isn’t a ploy to get Trump back. He’s power hungry and crazy.
    You can’t be certain of that! We don’t know how many talks Trumpolinni has had with Putin we just don’t know! Knowing all you know about our idiot ex-president would you put it past him? To do something as crazy as that? 
    Of course we can’t be certain on hypotheticals. Just like I’m not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade. But I believe that to be true. No one can b certain of that either. 
    And to suggest Trump has been planning this with Putin seems even crazier than before. For one, Biden’s polls are so low why would be do this now, even if he was up for it?
    Thats as crazy as any Qanon theory I’ve heard. 

Did Putin help elect Trump?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding Crimea?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding interfering in our election?
    Did Trump do whatever he could to weaken NATO at every turn?
    Did Trump want to invite Russia back into the G7 as recently as 2 years ago?
    Did Trump call Putin's absurd reasoning for invading Ukraine "genius"?

The answer is yes to all of the above but if you answered yes for even any of these questions, you'd see how your "hypothetical" scenario is yet another disingenuous argument on your behalf. If anything, it likely would've been easier for Putin to invade with Trump in office as Trump saw him as an ally instead of an adversary. And it makes even more sense for Putin to have Trump weaken NATO and divide the US further for four years. Putin was always going to invade Ukraine. 

Stop watching Tucker Carlson. 

I’m not sure your point. I said Putin would still invade if trump was in office. Then you go on this rant about how if Trump was in office he would have invaded and call me disingenuous. So this rant was agreeing me me? That’s why it’s confusing.
    And completely irrelevant to fox or Tucker. But I guess it makes you feel better throwing that in, even when we agree on something?
    Oh I thought you said you were "not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade"...as if there was some question about whether or not this could have happened with Trump in office or not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,788
    Now, Kyiv is under siege..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    To get the world to act. 

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,052
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ridiculous to blame Biden for Putin's bullshit. If anything Putin is doing this to hurt Biden in hopes that puppetboy will get back in office.
    That’s also equally ridiculous. Purim’s actions aren’t Biden’s fault. And this isn’t a ploy to get Trump back. He’s power hungry and crazy.
    You can’t be certain of that! We don’t know how many talks Trumpolinni has had with Putin we just don’t know! Knowing all you know about our idiot ex-president would you put it past him? To do something as crazy as that? 
    Of course we can’t be certain on hypotheticals. Just like I’m not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade. But I believe that to be true. No one can b certain of that either. 
    And to suggest Trump has been planning this with Putin seems even crazier than before. For one, Biden’s polls are so low why would be do this now, even if he was up for it?
    Thats as crazy as any Qanon theory I’ve heard. 

Did Putin help elect Trump?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding Crimea?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding interfering in our election?
    Did Trump do whatever he could to weaken NATO at every turn?
    Did Trump want to invite Russia back into the G7 as recently as 2 years ago?
    Did Trump call Putin's absurd reasoning for invading Ukraine "genius"?

The answer is yes to all of the above but if you answered yes for even any of these questions, you'd see how your "hypothetical" scenario is yet another disingenuous argument on your behalf. If anything, it likely would've been easier for Putin to invade with Trump in office as Trump saw him as an ally instead of an adversary. And it makes even more sense for Putin to have Trump weaken NATO and divide the US further for four years. Putin was always going to invade Ukraine. 

Stop watching Tucker Carlson. 

I’m not sure your point. I said Putin would still invade if trump was in office. Then you go on this rant about how if Trump was in office he would have invaded and call me disingenuous. So this rant was agreeing me me? That’s why it’s confusing.
    And completely irrelevant to fox or Tucker. But I guess it makes you feel better throwing that in, even when we agree on something?
    Oh I thought you said you were "not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade"...as if there was some question about whether or not this could have happened with Trump in office or not. 
    The previous comment I responded to was You can’t be certain Trump and Putin didn’t plan this invasion together. I think that’s a ridiculous theory, Qanon level ridiculous. But hypothetically I guess I can’t be certain, that’s the nature of a hypothetical question. I had already said Putin would go in with Trump in office. That was my response to the Trump-Putin claim of certainty. If Trump was in office  is a hypothetical, no one can be 100% certain. But we can still believe it to be true. Out of context it may have looked like I’m saying there’s still question that he would or would not, but was just trying to address the hypothetical certainty aspect I was asked in response to this Trump-Putin tag team invasion theory.
    I don’t think it matters who is in office, Putin is going to tyrant.
  • Options
    Heartbreaking.  The refugee crisis will be terrible.  And I'm guessing the father is staying to fight. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    mrussel1 said:
    Heartbreaking.  The refugee crisis will be terrible.  And I'm guessing the father is staying to fight. 
    totally. likely she'll never see her father again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And for what.  So Putin can loot another country,  impoverish it while enriching he and his cronies.  Sickening. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    And for what.  So Putin can loot another country,  impoverish it while enriching he and his cronies.  Sickening. 
    Fucking horrible
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm thinking Putin may want to start WWIII just so he can try to shake up the geopolitical alliances.  I don'y see this stopping with Ukraine and I don't see a reason for just taking over Ukraine. He and his cronies are already rich and getting richer.  I think the goal may just be complete Geo Political destabilization.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    NPR ran a piece this morning that I think does a good job of explaining Putin's possible motivation on why he is going after Ukraine and blames the west for pulling back on a verbal agreement not to expand NATO eastward when Germany unified. He understands that his time left (both in power and before Ukraine slips out of reach) is now. It's a slippery slope for him, but he personally has nothing much to lose. He's never cared for the citizens and this will impact them more than him.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/29/1076193616/ukraine-russia-nato-explainer
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,052
    static111 said:
    I'm thinking Putin may want to start WWIII just so he can try to shake up the geopolitical alliances.  I don'y see this stopping with Ukraine and I don't see a reason for just taking over Ukraine. He and his cronies are already rich and getting richer.  I think the goal may just be complete Geo Political destabilization.  
    The only thing I’ve heard to support him stopping at Ukraine is NATO. Since they aren’t part of it, there won’t be as much reassurance. But invade another country, there would be.
  • Options

VILNIUS, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Lithuania's president declared a state of emergency on Thursday, telling the NATO country's army to deploy along its borders in response to "possible disturbances and provocations due to large military forces massed in Russia and Belarus".

The state of emergency, declared hours after Russian forces invaded Ukraine, will be valid for two weeks.

Parliament will meet later on Thursday to vote whether to confirm or cancel President Gitanas Nauseda decision.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    well, yay, Belarus has threatened full on nuclear war in allegiance with Putin:

Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said the country would use nuclear weapons and more as conflicts continued to grow with their ally Russia, according to the AFP.

"If such stupid and mindless steps are taken by our rivals and opponents, we will deploy no only nuclear weapons, but super-nuclear and up-and-coming ones to protect our territory," Lukashenko said last week. 

what in the sweet fuck are super nukes?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    The only thing I’ve heard to support him stopping at Ukraine is NATO. Since they aren’t part of it, there won’t be as much reassurance. But invade another country, there would be.
    But why not stop him swiftly now. Because Ukraine isn't officially a part of NATO.  They are still our allies.  it seems weak to not respond as forcefully as if this were a NATO member nation.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    But why not stop him swiftly now. Because Ukraine isn't officially a part of NATO.  They are still our allies.  it seems weak to not respond as forcefully as if this were a NATO member nation.
    unfortunately, there are rules to this "game" that the good guys have to adhere to, and the bad guys don't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    The comical thing is how Putin/Russia gets to decide who (and who doesn't) joins NATO. Fuck them. They'll justify to themselves that Western Germany is theirs for chrissakes. Give these idiots an inch they'll take it a mile. Just fucking completely cut them off and make them an isolated nation.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,788
    NATO is a joke.. big..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    It still boggles my mind that most of Ukraine (as well as many Fox News viewers) didn't even think this would happen until a couple of days ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    unfortunately, there are rules to this "game" that the good guys have to adhere to, and the bad guys don't. 
    A recipe for the bad guys to win.  What am I doing listening to a Qtrumpublican anyway...
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    NATO is a joke.. big..
    NATO has no right under its charter to deploy troops in Ukraine.