Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ridiculous to blame Biden for Putin's bullshit. If anything Putin is doing this to hurt Biden in hopes that puppetboy will get back in office.
    That’s also equally ridiculous. Purim’s actions aren’t Biden’s fault. And this isn’t a ploy to get Trump back. He’s power hungry and crazy.
    You can’t be certain of that! We don’t know how many talks Trumpolinni has had with Putin we just don’t know! Knowing all you know about our idiot ex-president would you put it past him? To do something as crazy as that? 
    Of course we can’t be certain on hypotheticals. Just like I’m not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade. But I believe that to be true. No one can b certain of that either. 
    And to suggest Trump has been planning this with Putin seems even crazier than before. For one, Biden’s polls are so low why would be do this now, even if he was up for it?
    Thats as crazy as any Qanon theory I’ve heard. 

Did Putin help elect Trump?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding Crimea?
    Did Trump take Putin's side regarding interfering in our election?
    Did Trump do whatever he could to weaken NATO at every turn?
    Did Trump want to invite Russia back into the G7 as recently as 2 years ago?
    Did Trump call Putin's absurd reasoning for invading Ukraine "genius"?

The answer is yes to all of the above but if you answered yes for even any of these questions, you'd see how your "hypothetical" scenario is yet another disingenuous argument on your behalf. If anything, it likely would've been easier for Putin to invade with Trump in office as Trump saw him as an ally instead of an adversary. And it makes even more sense for Putin to have Trump weaken NATO and divide the US further for four years. Putin was always going to invade Ukraine. 

Stop watching Tucker Carlson. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,820
    Some people just still think war is a matter of BOOM BOOM SMASH SMASH 'MERKA HELL YEAH

What these people have never been able to cope with is the idea that that was the lie all along.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,326
    edited February 2022
    --
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think our administration/intelligence played this one as well as they could have played it.  They loudly and accurately called out every Russian move and bullshit before it happened.  Were proven right every time.  As a result, Putin's attempt at PR and any chance of any flimsy justification of this has been shot to shit.
    I would rather we have influence to stop a war rather than to predict one. We don’t have influence anymore.
    We rallied our allies.  You think that was easy?  The West is united.  The entire EU is there, along with the whole of the UN except China and Russia.  We didn't have enough influence to stop Milosovic in the 90's, Putin in 2007 and 2014 and not today.  The point is, there's no such thing as enough influence to stop a war that someone is committed to having.  
    I tend to agree. A week or two ago people were talking about possible sanctions on Russia. Yeah....sanctions. I think a country that has made up their mind to go to war has also made up their mind to not give a shit about sanctions. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,166
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think our administration/intelligence played this one as well as they could have played it.  They loudly and accurately called out every Russian move and bullshit before it happened.  Were proven right every time.  As a result, Putin's attempt at PR and any chance of any flimsy justification of this has been shot to shit.
    I would rather we have influence to stop a war rather than to predict one. We don’t have influence anymore.
    We rallied our allies.  You think that was easy?  The West is united.  The entire EU is there, along with the whole of the UN except China and Russia.  We didn't have enough influence to stop Milosovic in the 90's, Putin in 2007 and 2014 and not today.  The point is, there's no such thing as enough influence to stop a war that someone is committed to having.  
    we repaired most of our relationships AND rallied those countries.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,950
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ridiculous to blame Biden for Putin's bullshit. If anything Putin is doing this to hurt Biden in hopes that puppetboy will get back in office.
    That’s also equally ridiculous. Purim’s actions aren’t Biden’s fault. And this isn’t a ploy to get Trump back. He’s power hungry and crazy.
    You can’t be certain of that! We don’t know how many talks Trumpolinni has had with Putin we just don’t know! Knowing all you know about our idiot ex-president would you put it past him? To do something as crazy as that? 
    Of course we can’t be certain on hypotheticals. Just like I’m not certain if Trump was in office Putin would still invade. But I believe that to be true. No one can b certain of that either. 
    And to suggest Trump has been planning this with Putin seems even crazier than before. For one, Biden’s polls are so low why would be do this now, even if he was up for it?

The answer is yes to all of the above but if you answered yes for even any of these questions, you'd see how your "hypothetical" scenario is yet another disingenuous argument on your behalf. If anything, it likely would've been easier for Putin to invade with Trump in office as Trump saw him as an ally instead of an adversary. And it makes even more sense for Putin to have Trump weaken NATO and divide the US further for four years. Putin was always going to invade Ukraine. 

trump being a fucking idiot and cozying up to someone who has total power over his people, something trump admires, is far from him being part of a conspiracy to allow putin to take over another country. 

a useful idiot? entirely possible. a conspiracy? not likely. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

trump being a fucking idiot and cozying up to someone who has total power over his people, something trump admires, is far from him being part of a conspiracy to allow putin to take over another country. 

ah so you ARE a Qtrumpublican! I knew it all along ever since that last thing you said several months ago and just brought up this morning again. And here I was believing you weren't a Qtrumpublican!  I won't make that mistake again.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,911
    My conspiracies are better than yours!!! 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

What? Where did I say he was part of a conspiracy? I'm just saying through Trumps words and actions it's ridiculous to think this could not have happened and been easier to do during the Trump admin....and him doing all the things I mentioned made it easier for Putin to do what he is doing today.

Useful idiot--entirely possible? I would say it's an absolute certainty after everything we've learned the last six years.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    static111 said:
    It's a violation of international law to assassinate a head of state. 
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    So they are fighting in Tjernobyl as well.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,379
    China and Russia are the biggest problems the world faces.  I have said it over and over and over.  The left wonders why we spend so much on military.  It is because these other countries are and when the time comes have no interest in playing nice.

The US is getting weaker and weaker.
    Well how did we do when Trumpolinni was in charge wasn’t he the one to give the car keys to Putin in regards to Ukraine? Remember Helsinki who looked weak then? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

What? Where did I say he was part of a conspiracy? I'm just saying through Trumps words and actions it's ridiculous to think this could not have happened and been easier to do during the Trump admin....and him doing all the things I mentioned made it easier for Putin to do what he is doing today.

Useful idiot--entirely possible? I would say it's an absolute certainty after everything we've learned the last six years.

k, this went from gern to jose to mace, all of which were discussing the possibility that trump had an active role in this, (or at the very least putin was doing this to get trump back in the WH) and then you responded. so I took that to mean you agreed with gern and jose. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2022
    China and Russia are the biggest problems the world faces.  I have said it over and over and over.  The left wonders why we spend so much on military.  It is because these other countries are and when the time comes have no interest in playing nice.

The US is getting weaker and weaker.
    Well how did we do when Trumpolinni was in charge wasn’t he the one to give the car keys to Putin in regards to Ukraine? Remember Helsinki who looked weak then? 
    It started before he was even elected
     https://www.npr.org/2016/08/06/488876597/how-the-trump-campaign-weakened-the-republican-platform-on-aid-to-ukraine
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    What does international law say about maliciously invading a sovereign country?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    What does international law say about maliciously invading a sovereign country?
    That it's illegal, hence the sanctions and providing Ukraine with weapons.  Russia violating international law doesn't give us the right to do so.  
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

k, this went from gern to jose to mace, all of which were discussing the possibility that trump had an active role in this, (or at the very least putin was doing this to get trump back in the WH) and then you responded. so I took that to mean you agreed with gern and jose. 
    Do you really believe trump hasn’t talked to Putin about this very thing happening today? There’s no way they haven’t.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Do you really believe trump hasn’t talked to Putin about this very thing happening today? There’s no way they haven’t.
    Putin wouldn't trust Trump with any info whatsover. All he gets is lies and flattery. And threats if they do have shit on Trump.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

you mean recently or when he was president? cuz trump recently said "I always knew putin wanted ukraine", so yeah, of course that conversation has occurred. but I don't think trump was actively encouraging him or advising him how to do so.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,820
    Hey, so you guys wanna talk about Trump take it to the appropriate spot. Also, if you cannot comprehend that Trump being in office, instead of Biden, would be a benefit to Putin then I don't know what to tell you.

I think it's time to turn talk here to the title of the thread. This is fucking depressing.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Gee, I wonder why?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    trump is kind of integral piece of this puzzle, so I think it's relevant. 

I don't think anyone is denying putin benefits from trump being in office. I just don't think he'd go to war to accomplish that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,166
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    No doubt will do! 
    So here is Putin basically stating he’s ready to use all options against anyone interfering! Screw him