Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,868
    on2legs said:
    kmcmanus said:
    bazfromoz said:
    So we can now safely assume these 2 new songs being released imminently actually was fake news. 
    no
    It didn’t happen. Therefore it wasn’t accurate. It ain’t rocket science.
    doesn’t mean anyone lied, sometimes things change. But it didn’t happen.
    That is not the same as "fake news" though

Fake News has multiple meanings.  It can refer to a deliberately false set of facts or it can be used disingenuously to discredit something that is actually true.
    Ok, and? What has that to do with what I wrote?

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    edited January 25
    kmcmanus said:
    Ok so this made up thing that isn’t actually true is different from another made up thing that isn’t true. Either way it didn’t happen.
    Was it made up?
    You don’t think it looks like it might be? 
    I have no idea if it’s made up but 2 weeks later there’s nothing else supporting it except Captain Citizens Bank Park posting eyebrow gifs.
    Post edited by kmcmanus on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    kmcmanus said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Ok so this made up thing that isn’t actually true is different from another made up thing that isn’t true. Either way it didn’t happen.
    Was it made up?
    I have no idea if it’s made up but 2 weeks later there’s nothing else supporting it except Captain Citizens Bank Park posting eyebrow gifs.

www.myspace.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,422
    kmcmanus said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Was it made up?
    Definitely made up. People went with that 31st date and ran with it trying to be the first one out with the info. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 760
    Hmm. The 31st IS Wednesday...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,892
    Maybe The Juggler’s mom knows when it’s dropping. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Maybe The Juggler’s mom knows when it’s dropping. 
    Okay I just got off the phone with her. She's undecided at this time.

She is, however, aroused at the idea of the saxophone playing an intricate role on this album. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Hardcore Sax
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Maybe Steve Sax knows
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    A little recap. It's all happening in West Hollywood on January 31st.

1:00pm PST | Pearl Jam (NOT CONFIRMED) Exclusive Listening Party, Unknown Location, West Hollywood, CA 
    6:30pm PST | Pearl Jam @ Clio Music Awards, 6121 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA
    8:00pm PST | Mike McCready @ Judd Apatow & Friends - A Benefit for Connecting to Cure Crohn's and Colitis, Largo at the Coronet, Los Angeles, CA 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • BihnpjfanBihnpjfan Posts: 18
    raindog80 said:

1:00pm PST | Pearl Jam (NOT CONFIRMED) Exclusive Listening Party, Unknown Location, West Hollywood, CA 
    6:30pm PST | Pearl Jam @ Clio Music Awards, 6121 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA
    8:00pm PST | Mike McCready @ Judd Apatow & Friends - A Benefit for Connecting to Cure Crohn's and Colitis, Largo at the Coronet, Los Angeles, CA 
    So is that listening party not the Cilo awards? Once that was announced I kind of assumed they were one in the same
    edited January 26
    Bihnpjfan said:
    raindog80 said:

So is that listening party not the Cilo awards? Once that was announced I kind of assumed they were one in the same
    Patience, you must have.

www.myspace.com
  • BihnpjfanBihnpjfan Posts: 18
    Bihnpjfan said:
    raindog80 said:

Patience, you must have.

You really want us to think you know something
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    Hhmmm waiting you must do.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Bihnpjfan said:
    Bihnpjfan said:
    raindog80 said:

Patience, you must have.

You really want us to think you know something
    Really happening here, is that what you think is, hmm?  Hmmmmmm.
    www.myspace.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    raindog80 said:

6:30 p.m. is the cocktail hour for the Clio Awards. The awards themselves begin at 8 p.m. and presumably run for a couple of hours. Shows at Largo are doors at 8 p.m. with the show beginning around 8:10 p.m. and going until around 10 p.m. Mike will be hard-pressed to make both events unless Pearl Jam gets their award right at the beginning of the Clio thing and then he takes off.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Feeling super excited that new PJ music is on the horizon...
    www.myspace.com
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    STOOOOOONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,054
    So is this week the week?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    I’m tipping Friday 2nd Feb here in Australia. A few days after the ‘listening party’ on the 31st. Which will be Thursday 1st in the States. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    At this point expecting anything before 2/13 seems unlikely. I’m guessing single, album announcement & tour announcement at once.
    We can split hairs over the meanings of “made-up” or “fake news” but we are now past the Italian article’s “imminent” window and nothing happened so I think we can safely call that false now.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    kmcmanus said:
    At this point expecting anything before 2/13 seems unlikely. I’m guessing single, album announcement & tour announcement at once.
    We can split hairs over the meanings of “made-up” or “fake news” but we are now past the Italian article’s “imminent” window and nothing happened so I think we can safely call that false now.
    It will be interesting if the song names are accurate, though
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,868

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    I have a neighbor and friend who is a DJ at an L.A. rock station. I asked him if he had seen or heard anything about the new Pearl Jam album or single at the station (i.e., an advance copy, expected release dates or show dates, secret shows in L.A., the listening party, etc.). For what it's worth, he said he hasn't seen or heard anything.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    🙏 for this week!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    STONE?!?!?!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901

🙏 for this week!!
    Painted Shield dropped a single today. I can’t imagine the head of their label (cough Stone cough) would schedule it the same week his day-job is putting one out, as there’s a lot over overlap in fanbase (yeah I know capt obvious stuff here) and the PJ single would absolutely overshadow the Shield single.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    kmcmanus said:
    🙏 for this week!!
    Painted Shield dropped a single today. I can’t imagine the head of their label (cough Stone cough) would schedule it the same week his day-job is putting one out, as there’s a lot over overlap in fanbase (yeah I know capt obvious stuff here) and the PJ single would absolutely overshadow the Shield single.
    Plenty of space for both man/woman. 

Mike Myers Film GIF
    www.cluthelee.com