Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    For what it's worth the Italian fansite has deleted all the posts about the new songs. As far as I can tell anyway. @raindog80, that right?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    Someone on FB said that the new single has an oboe and bassoon on it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    pjl44 said:
    For what it's worth the Italian fansite has deleted all the posts about the new songs. As far as I can tell anyway. @raindog80, that right?
    Two reasons they’d do that: because they were wrong… or because they were right.
    we know for certain that a) album’s done and b) they have a show no later than 5/25 at Bottlerock. Whether the info we think we have is correct or not there’s still no reason to believe the album won’t be out before 5/25.
  • BihnpjfanBihnpjfan Posts: 18
    kmcmanus said:
    pjl44 said:
    Two reasons they’d do that: because they were wrong… or because they were right.
    we know for certain that a) album’s done and b) they have a show no later than 5/25 at Bottlerock. Whether the info we think we have is correct or not there’s still no reason to believe the album won’t be out before 5/25.
    And with that there’s no reason to not believe that a similar rollout to Gigatons plan pre covid would be what happens but shifted back a month or two. Gigaton tour started in March and was announced in January. Maybe we can expect an announcement in February.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,443
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The link I posted to the story doesn't work anymore

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    Bihnpjfan said:
    kmcmanus said:
    pjl44 said:
    And with that there’s no reason to not believe that a similar rollout to Gigatons plan pre covid would be what happens but shifted back a month or two. Gigaton tour started in March and was announced in January. Maybe we can expect an announcement in February.
    I think the tour and album announcements are expected 2/13, the “mystery” is whether we might see a single ahead of time.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    close

www.myspace.com
    kmcmanus said:
    Bihnpjfan said:
    kmcmanus said:
    pjl44 said:
    I think the tour and album announcements are expected 2/13, the “mystery” is whether we might see a single ahead of time.
    I saw that the tour announcement is expected on the 13th and that leads me to believe the single will come with it or shortly after. I hope I’m wrong
  • veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
    steven87 said:
    vedderman said:
    How do you know? Everyone who heard it said it's definitely PJ. 
    When I initially heard it and compared it to the McCready Stratocaster YouTube clip, I was 99% sure it was the new PJ song. Turns out I was 100% wrong lol. 
    So the TV clip from that game is not PJ? 
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,892
    vedderman said:
    steven87 said:
    vedderman said:
    When I initially heard it and compared it to the McCready Stratocaster YouTube clip, I was 99% sure it was the new PJ song. Turns out I was 100% wrong lol. 
    It is not PJ. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    Myth busted 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Sounds to me like some of you have a new artist to check out while waiting for Pearl Jam news
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    on2legs said:
    vedderman said:
    steven87 said:
    vedderman said:
    It is not PJ. 
    Exactly.

This is this track: https://open.spotify.com/intl-it/track/1PF1hgztqVYHFL5mNjk3rJ?si=f7956f080d2e4d5c 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    We're not even going to get into the fact that this seems to be written exclusively for various commercial uses.

I'm also not 100% convinced this was entirely written and/or performed by a human. Try to pin down the artist.

But they got the Pearl Jam board thinking they were listening to Mike McCready!
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    STONE?!?!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,900
    bigbiggzy said:
    STONE?!?!
    Not yet

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,803
    close

Hope this a joke
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    close

Hope this a joke
    I don't see how any of this is funny. 
    www.myspace.com
    Kearn5y said:
    close

Hope this a joke
    Because you lie
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,803
    Kearn5y said:
    close

Hope this a joke
    Sorry, ment a sick joke
    Kearnsy
    Bihnpjfan said:
    Kearn5y said:
    close

Hope this a joke
    Because you lie
    I lie in bed listening to smooth sounds of Kenny G.
    www.myspace.com
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,852
    I was hoping they would use more chainsaw like Jackyl used to perfect. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    I was hoping they would use more chainsaw like Jackyl used to perfect. 
    Oh, my God. There's a blast from the past. "I'M A LUMBERJACK BABY!"

"I ain't jacked my lumber, baby, since my chain saw you." That's freakin' poetry.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Boy this thread has unraveled in a major way. LOL! You’ve got Juggler on some kind of forum bender regarding brass instruments in two threads, Italian fans posting then recanting news, and nobody who has legit heard any of PJs new music but who pretend like they have. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Boy this thread has unraveled in a major way. LOL! You’ve got Juggler on some kind of forum bender regarding brass instruments in two threads, Italian fans posting then recanting news, and nobody who has legit heard any of PJs new music but who pretend like they have. 
    Dude juggler really showed up, said Kenny G was playing on the single and it would be out on Wednesday (it did not), and then refused to elaborate 
    Bihnpjfan said:
    Dude juggler really showed up, said Kenny G was playing on the single and it would be out on Wednesday (it did not), and then refused to elaborate 
    How do you know which Wednesday the Juggler meant?

www.myspace.com
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    edited January 19
    Wecker (alarm clock) vs. Wrecker (broad meaning). Which is it?
    Post edited by dreamweaver on
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    I‘ve been thinking Wecker ever since I read Wrecker 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,900

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    JPPJ84 said:
    I‘ve been thinking Wecker ever since I read Wrecker 
    No, no. The song features Milwaukee Brewer announcer and overall baseball legend Bob Uecker. I heard it's akin to how Meat Loaf used Phil Rizzuto on "Paradise By the Dashboard Light."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.