Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    Got the updated covid booster on Tuesday at the same time I got my flu shot. Had about the same reaction as I did for the previous shots, just some general aches and a mild headache. It had been almost a year since my last booster, so I figured I might as well. To my knowledge, I haven't caught covid previously, and I'd prefer to keep the symptoms as mild as possible if I do catch it.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Jason7192 said:
    Got the updated covid booster on Tuesday at the same time I got my flu shot. Had about the same reaction as I did for the previous shots, just some general aches and a mild headache. It had been almost a year since my last booster, so I figured I might as well. To my knowledge, I haven't caught covid previously, and I'd prefer to keep the symptoms as mild as possible if I do catch it.

Smart move!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    bivalent and flu shot done yesterday. feel fine. just sore shoulders. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    bivalent and flu shot done yesterday. feel fine. just sore shoulders. 
    Both for me on Thursday, and the same… little more than slightly sore shoulders to report. 

Still hoping those magnetic powers kick in tho 

• Options
    today my shoulders are crazy sore. but if that's the worst of it, no issue. 

both my in laws, who are severely compromised and 84 years old, just caught covid for the first time. good thing they just had their 5th shots. fingers crossed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,128

both my in laws, who are severely compromised and 84 years old, just caught covid for the first time. good thing they just had their 5th shots. fingers crossed. 
    Hope they have no issues!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Best wishes to your family HfD i hope its mild for them 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Good move getting vaxed.
    Best wishes for you in laws.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    thanks folks! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    XBB, BQ.1.1, BA.2.75.2 — a variant swarm could fuel a winter surge  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/10/18/covid-variants-xbb-bq1-bq11/ 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    XBB, BQ.1.1, BA.2.75.2 — a variant swarm could fuel a winter surge  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/10/18/covid-variants-xbb-bq1-bq11/ 
    Not a swarm!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not a swarm!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2SuAPuA38
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not a swarm!
    Seriously, using  words like that to describe science is dumb. Covid isn’t flies.  I was walking down the street today and I walked right through a raging swarm of covid.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not a swarm!
    Seriously, using  words like that to describe science is dumb. Covid isn’t flies.  I was walking down the street today and I walked right through a raging swarm of covid.

plausible. it IS airbourne
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not a swarm!
    Midges come in swarms.  Covid does not, lol.
  • Options
    So on the island here they are talking about the next wave of covid.  Nobody gives a shit.  The people are going to go about their business.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    So on the island here they are talking about the next wave of covid.  Nobody gives a shit.  The people are going to go about their business.

Well…except the millennials who now insist on WFH. So a weird Covid afterimage remains. I go in to the office once a week, I’d go in more, but it would be empty in my group.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not a swarm!

plausible. it IS airbourne
    Touché
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    If it's anything like my area, people haven't stopped giving a shit, they've just been beaten down by the deniers. 

I'm one of several people in my workplace who got the booster recently, but we aren't really talking about it because of the lunatics in our presence. 
  • Options
    Covid doesn't  exist in the  uk. 
    I still  wear a mask and im the only one in any shop ive been .
    Its not  a thing  here to 99% of folk. 
    I have other health issues so im still scared but thats  me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Covid doesn't  exist in the  uk. 
    I still  wear a mask and im the only one in any shop ive been .
    Its not  a thing  here to 99% of folk. 
    I have other health issues so im still scared but thats  me.

Same here.  I wear a mask in public but am in a small minority of people who do.  Maybe 2 to 5 percent at most. 

• Options
    Go Boston!  They created a strain that killed 80% of the mice they infected with their super covid one they come up with.
    https://www.ft.com/content/f2e88a9c-104a-4515-8de1-65d72a5903d0
  • Options
    They should have tried on rats then we could eradicate those  little bastards
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    After all this time of not getting it today I tested positive feeling a head cold some body aches soar throat! I’m triple vaccinated just not the 2nd booster or the flu shot! I’ll take the flu shot when I go back to work on Thursday of next week 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    After all this time of not getting it today I tested positive feeling a head cold some body aches soar throat! I’m triple vaccinated just not the 2nd booster or the flu shot! I’ll take the flu shot when I go back to work on Thursday of next week 
    stay well jose!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    stay well jose!
    Thanks I’m going back to wearing mask where ever I’m at stores or any place with crowds! even if it’s a minor head cold it’s just frustrating 
  • Options
    Thinking of you jose. Hope it passes well
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thinking of you jose. Hope it passes well
    Thanks friend! Much appreciated 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,930
    Take care of yourself. Get some rest, and feel better soon. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Take care of yourself. Get some rest, and feel better soon. 
    It’s just so weird I went through the heights of the pandemic working in the hospital, folks all around me getting it and me nothing, my wife traveled to Mexico last week and she ends up positive hence me getting it!