Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    myoung321 said:
    Side  note.  I wish i caught it at a show. So if you did
     At least you had the ride. I sat home  many many  days

How can anyone truly know they specifically caught it at a show?.. no way to know... most of the same people went to pre-parties, after parties, airports, gas stations, restaurants, etc...etc...etc.. People saying they caught it at this show or that show is pure speculation. 

I inferred from that statement that it would be preferred to come down with it after going out & doing something worthwhile as opposed to staying at home / skipping large gatherings and still coming down with it regardless. 

But lastexit can speak for themselves, I'm just speculating. 
    I shouldn't have quoted you..I agree with you, .but I bet you get what I'm saying.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

How can anyone truly know they specifically caught it at a show?.. no way to know... most of the same people went to pre-parties, after parties, airports, gas stations, restaurants, etc...etc...etc.. People saying they caught it at this show or that show is pure speculation. 

I inferred from that statement that it would be preferred to come down with it after going out & doing something worthwhile as opposed to staying at home / skipping large gatherings and still coming down with it regardless. 

Exactly  that. You misinterpreted myoung321
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    We got it from school. No judgement here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

I shouldn't have quoted you..I agree with you, .but I bet you get what I'm saying.. 
    I absolutely get what you're saying, but if someone skipped a concert or other social gatherings in an effort to avoid getting covid, but gets covid anyway, then f it... may as well have gone to the show / the social gatherings.

I understand both points. 
  • Options
    This  is the weirdest  virus ever.  Ive sat here all week looking after my child and partner whilst not catching it . I may well  do in the near future  but ive been coughed  on
     Breathed on and been in full contact for 5 days. Odd
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    This  is the weirdest  virus ever.  Ive sat here all week looking after my child and partner whilst not catching it . I may well  do in the near future  but ive been coughed  on
    You might be one of those that is immune Rob!
  • Options
    I gotta ask.....are you taking any precautions?  And if not, why not?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    edited September 2022
    There are no precautions  i can take i have to look after my child and partner and her 15 year old son. Its ok don't  worry. Its coming to everyone  at some point. I truly  figured my goose was cooked as i take my daughter  every morn and her class  had an out break and school said bring  the damn kids in as long as no fever. Even if poss.  Fuckin mental but at that point whats the  point.  So she got it and so on.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ive kept my 5 year old home and will until she is neg.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Can you imagine the irony chris!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

I seem to remember you being pos at some point recently?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    There are no precautions  i can take i have to look after my child and partner and her 15 year old son. Its ok don't  worry. Its coming to everyone  at some point. I truly  figured my goose was cooked as i take my daughter  every morn and her class  had an out break and school said bring  the damn kids in as long as no fever. Even if poss.  Fuckin mental but at that point whats the  point.  So she got it and so on.
    cool.  When I got it back in January I segregated myself, masked or double masked and was able to just stay away.  When we had a few times I had to be closer, I double masked and my wife and kid masked for a bit.  That was back in January.  I personally still think I would follow those same precautions for a known (+) if it happens in my house again.  It worked for us, or with a little luck as well, as neither my wife nor daughter tested (+) for Covid.

I personally have relaxed a lot in regards to crowds etc. It would change for me if known positive though.  Good luck and I hope everyone feels better soon.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Got the latest booster yesterday along with the flu shot. Feel fine today.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

I have not been yet  . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

I have not been yet  . 
    seems that EVERYONE around got it but you.  I'd donate your blood to science.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    is natural immunity a real thing with covid? I'm kinda wondering about my family. we've been cautious throughout the whole thing, literally everyone we know has gotten it; I've gone to concerts, I take the bus to and from work, I'm at the office 4 days a week, my wife works in child care and has worked throughout the entire pandemic, and some of her staff have had it multiple times, and none of us have been sick this whole 2 1/2 years. 

it's odd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    mfc2006 said:
    I was the Doctor's yesterday for routine visit and I asked if I could get both Vacs and was told I had to wait 2 weeks until I could get Covid Booster.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    is natural immunity a real thing with covid? I'm kinda wondering about my family. we've been cautious throughout the whole thing, literally everyone we know has gotten it; I've gone to concerts, I take the bus to and from work, I'm at the office 4 days a week, my wife works in child care and has worked throughout the entire pandemic, and some of her staff have had it multiple times, and none of us have been sick this whole 2 1/2 years. 

it's odd. 
    I remember seeing that at one point they thought blood type may be an indicator of risk…some higher some lower. Who knows though. Maybe you are just so evolved you were ready to rule the world.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    cutz said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I was the Doctor's yesterday for routine visit and I asked if I could get both Vacs and was told I had to wait 2 weeks until I could get Covid Booster.
    Interesting, everything else I had seen (though I haven’t read about it in some time) was this was not the case. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    cutz said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Interesting, everything else I had seen (though I haven’t read about it in some time) was this was not the case. 
    I asked my Pharmacist and she told me I could, but that was last year. Not sure if there's a difference. 
  • Options

it's odd. 
    I remember seeing that at one point they thought blood type may be an indicator of risk…some higher some lower. Who knows though. Maybe you are just so evolved you were ready to rule the world.
    that's right, I do recall that blood type thing. I just looked it up and I'm in the group that they theorize is in the less severe outcome category, but it says nothing of immunity. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    About 14 days since my partner and young daughter  got covid. My partner  now has secondary chest and sinus infections. Daughter  back at school.  I didnt get it. How strange
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    About 14 days since my partner and young daughter  got covid. My partner  now has secondary chest and sinus infections. Daughter  back at school.  I didnt get it. How strange
    Told you, You are immune!

Go get your blood looked at.  You could help society with that blood of yours.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

it's odd. 
    Have you been tested for pathogens to see if you've had it? A lot of people are just asymptomatic, you could have had it 2 or 3 times and not know.
    I don't think I've heard of anyone being completely immune with natural immunity. But it effects everyone differently. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

it's odd. 
    Have you been tested for pathogens to see if you've had it? A lot of people are just asymptomatic, you could have had it 2 or 3 times and not know.
    I don't think I've heard of anyone being completely immune with natural immunity. But it effects everyone differently. 
    I don't know how to do that and if it's even available in communist health care. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    mace1229 said:

it's odd. 
    I don't know how to do that and if it's even available in communist health care. 
    https://www.dynacare.ca/covid19-antibody-test.aspx
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    cool, thanks often. but how would that work? I'm triple vaxxed. can that test differentiate between infection antibodies and vaccine antibodies?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vax makes you have antibodies  they cant tell the  difference in that test. I was  having tests as part of a survey last year  and had antibodies  from vaccine . But my booster was a year ago. And identical  to my girl friend we had identical  vaccines  at same times .  Its just all odd
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Although i didn't  get covid i did get a nasty dose of labyrintitus.  Oh boy this is shit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    cool, thanks often. but how would that work? I'm triple vaxxed. can that test differentiate between infection antibodies and vaccine antibodies?
    The website provides information on this. They test two different antibodies, one of which is specific to natural infections only and one of which can occur with either natural infection or vaccination, so the test can potentially differentiate, with the proviso that antibody levels fall over time. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf