• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Amazin razzle dazzle jazz hands?
    Wrong!
    It was Spirit Fingers

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132
    Trump does jazz hands - Album on Imgur
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,399
    Trump does jazz hands - Album on Imgur
    Remember that piece of paper POOTWH whipped out of his way too broad and padded shouldered suit jacket, a la David Byrne, and waved around claiming it was evidence of Obama spying on him and he was going to jail? Remember that? MAGA.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    Canada's Dr.Tam (top doc) says future school closures and gathering limits not likely should next variant escape vaccine because we have treatments and rapid tests now. Says to keeps masks at hand for first line of defense.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    tish said:
    Canada's Dr.Tam (top doc) says future school closures and gathering limits not likely should next variant escape vaccine because we have treatments and rapid tests now. Says to keeps masks at hand for first line of defense.

curious, have each province lifted most or all capacity limits?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    Hmmm, I think so? BC is still dragging our butt on the vaccine pass and masking, so I imagine when capacity was lifted a couple weeks back, we would have been behind alot of the pack? 
    edited March 2022
    tish said:
    Hmmm, I think so? BC is still dragging our butt on the vaccine pass and masking, so I imagine when capacity was lifted a couple weeks back, we would have been behind alot of the pack? 

asking because the wife and I do a twice yearly aa retreat/conference in Ontario. End of Feb and end of July.

Last in person we attended was 2020 right before the shut down. been online ever since. could have done it thus year but limited to 25 people.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ron Desantis chides students for wearing masks, asking them to take them off.  They don't.  That's hilarious considering he said he was about freedom and choice. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/2022/03/02/desantis-chides-students-for-wearing-masks-at-his-tampa-news-conference/

TAMPA — At a news conference Wednesday, Gov. Ron DeSantis expressed irritation that a group of high school students standing behind him were wearing masks and urged them to remove the face coverings.

Before taking the lectern at the University of South Florida, where he announced a $20 million state investment in cybersecurity workforce education, DeSantis asked why people wearing masks were standing behind him.

Then he approached the students, who are studying cybersecurity in high school.

“You don’t have to wear those masks,” DeSantis said. “Please take them off.”

Some of the students laughed. DeSantis appeared to remain annoyed. “Honestly, this is not doing anything,” he said. “We got to stop with this COVID theater.” The students didn’t respond.

How is Desantis not for freedom and choice? That's hilarious you left out the rest of the article which says:

“So if you want to wear it, fine, but this is ridiculous,” the governor said before turning around and sighing.

Four students took their masks off, but three left them on.

DeSantis has previously said Florida is “the freest state in these United States and individuals should be left to decide for themselves how to respond to COVID-19.

DeSantis spokesperson Christina Pushaw said the governor wanted “to make sure everyone is aware of the facts and data now, so they can feel free and comfortable without a mask.”

“As the governor said, “You can wear them if you want” but there’s “no evidence” they make any difference,” she said in an email. “That has been clear for a long time, and the data informed our state’s official guidance. Following Florida, the CDC has even stopped recommending mask wearing for most Americans.”

Did you read what he said? "if you want to wear it, fine, but this is ridiculous", which is absolutely true. He gave them a choice to wear the mask or not. 4 of the 7 kids (a majority) removed their masks. He could've said what he said in a kinder way but he is as fed up with COVID bullshit and lies as the rest of America. Many Democratic leaders have proven they feel the same way when they told their communities to mask up and then they went out without masks and got caught. It was theater.

I have no problem if someone still wants to wear a mask. I personally won't make fun of them and I think it's pathetic for those who will make fun of them. If wearing a mask makes you feel safer, that is a personal choice that I respect even though most masks are not sufficient.
    It still doesn’t negate the fact that he’s a giant asshole, I’d write him a letter if I’m one of those parents cause you know he wouldn’t meet with parents he doesn’t have the guts too! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    I’m more center than most here. But there’s about 1000 better ways he could have said that they didn’t need masks, or just let them do whatever they felt comfortable doing. I don’t think anyone should be shamed into wearing or not wearing a mask at this point. It was political theater and he most certainly sounded like a gigantic asshole the way he spoke to those kids. I’m not sure how anyone could defend that behavior. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    mickeyrat said:t
    tish said:

asking because the wife and I do a twice yearly aa retreat/conference in Ontario. End of Feb and end of July.

Last in person we attended was 2020 right before the shut down. been online ever since. could have done it thus year but limited to 25 people.
    The only mandate left in  Ontario is face mask…expected to be dropped by months end.  Asking for proof of vaxx is up to the individual business.  Hope this helps.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m more center than most here. But there’s about 1000 better ways he could have said that they didn’t need masks, or just let them do whatever they felt comfortable doing. I don’t think anyone should be shamed into wearing or not wearing a mask at this point. It was political theater and he most certainly sounded like a gigantic asshole the way he spoke to those kids. I’m not sure how anyone could defend that behavior. 
    Agreed he goes out of his way just like Trump did to make himself come off as an asshole! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed he goes out of his way just like Trump did to make himself come off as an asshole! 
    That’s why it came off as theater to me. We all know how he feels about masks but there’s absolutely no reason to shame someone, especially kids, about wearing or not wearing one. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    No more masks in school starting this Monday in NJ.  So pumped.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome man. Our kids are the week after. They have March break this week so hopefully they have worn masks for the last time there. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good to hear.  Our kids were able to drop them a couple of weeks ago in IL.  It was very much welcomed and they're still optional of course, so those that wish to wear them can.  Win-win.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited March 2022
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome man. Our kids are the week after. They have March break this week so hopefully they have worn masks for the last time there. 
    It is so strange that the mask mandates aren't lifted today.  It is either safe or not safe to wear masks and highly unlikely that one week matters.  Weird days we live in.  Excited for everyone.  
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It is so strange that the mask mandates aren't lifted today.  It is either safe or not safe to wear masks and highly unlikely that one week matters.  Weird days we live in.  Excited for everyone.  
    I agree. Our province did roll out a timeline for reopening to 100% no restrictions with dates. May 14 is our date that all restrictions are lifted and masks are one of the last to go. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

march 15 in manitoba the vaccine passport and masking, and even isolating when covid positive are done. our medical experts are especially not happy about the last two. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

march 15 in manitoba the vaccine passport and masking, and even isolating when covid positive are done. our medical experts are especially not happy about the last two. 
    Not isolating when you have a contagious disease that can be deadly to some is ridiculous, and also just plain rude. I hope people continue to do the right thing and stay home when they’re sick. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

Not isolating when you have a contagious disease that can be deadly to some is ridiculous, and also just plain rude. I hope people continue to do the right thing and stay home when they’re sick. 
    What about the families that are barely making ends meet and can't stay at home for a week without pay? 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

What about the families that are barely making ends meet and can't stay at home for a week without pay? 

there of course is that end to it, but I'd hope that employers like that will realize it's economically more beneficial to let one person stay home with pay for a week or so, rather than have 25 out and a few in hospital. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

there of course is that end to it, but I'd hope that employers like that will realize it's economically more beneficial to let one person stay home with pay for a week or so, rather than have 25 out and a few in hospital. 
    In a perfect world sure but we all know how that will play out with companies. With no more gov kickbacks a lot of companies are not going to give low income workers a dime for staying home. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    edited March 2022
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

If you're hoping that I have an answer for economic disparities that predate the pandemic by centuries then you're sadly mistaken. 

We need to be honest with ourselves that we're not lifting these different restrictions because the pandemic is over, we're lifting them because people are tired of them. We are not yet at the endemic stage, but even when we are it doesn't mean that there will be no or few deaths, it just means that the pattern of spread and the impact of infections will be more predictable and more manageable.

It didn't make sense to go into work while sick with a highly infectious disease before the pandemic, it won't make sense after the pandemic, and it definitely doesn't make sense during the pandemic. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

If you're hoping that I have an answer for economic disparities that predate the pandemic by centuries then you're sadly mistaken. 

We need to be honest with ourselves that we're not lifting these different restrictions because the pandemic is over, we're lifting them because people are tired of them. We are not yet at the endemic stage, but even when we are it doesn't mean that there will be no or few deaths, it just means that the pattern of spread and the impact of infections will be more predictable and more manageable.

It didn't make sense to go into work while sick with a highly infectious disease before the pandemic, and it won't make sense after the pandemic. 
    My point is what works for you might not work for others. If you have a job that allowed you to work from home the last two years and when you go back you have payed sick days you are going to look at things differently then a single parent working 3 jobs and barely getting by and can't afford to take the time off. I am not asking you to have an answer for economic disparities but rather sympathize for those that need to work even while sick. I would not call them rude for wanting to provide for their family. 

Also I disagree with the fact that governments are lifting restrictions mainly because people are tired of them. That would give people the sense that the truckers actually made an impact on the decision making going on the last couple of months. The science has dictated these restrictions from the start and will continue to hopefully do so. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,512
    Anyone  have any solid info on the recent  study on the Pfizer vaccine  changing  the dna.? Ive seen a few video's on a study Thats  peer reviewed.  Looks serious  its in vitro but tell me if you know or see anything 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Anyone  have any solid info on the recent  study on the Pfizer vaccine  changing  the dna.? Ive seen a few video's on a study Thats  peer reviewed.  Looks serious  its in vitro but tell me if you know or see anything 
    Thats what they antivaxxers have been saying from the start is it not? All info I have seen have been they can not change your DNA. Hope that stays true. 
    edited March 2022

first I would ask , where you have seen this.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on