Viruses / Vaccines 2

1150151152153154156»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    I have a compromised immune system but also had a terrible reaction to the last vaccine- as in, three days of hell.  So now it's booster season again and I have to choose risking getting covid (no vaccine) or likely having another three days of hell (get vaccine).
    Somebody please just take me out to pasture and shoot me!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BF25394 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    They did some polling and 20% of the population actually cares about the virus now in the US.  Nobody cares anymore.  You get sick you move on.
    But I thought 20% care?
    Majority doesn't care. Better Feckless?
    20% is quite a bit more than “nobody cares,” Einstein.
    If i gave you a 20% chance to live would you take that or would you take the 80%?  Then I would ask again, who would take the 20%?  The answer would be nobody...

I'm sorry that you have a hard time understanding that nobody could mean just a handful of people but you know, Einstein and all...
    Okay, Einstein, how many is “nobody”? Maybe your fuzzy math is different from mine? If your boss cut your pay 20% would you be happy with the 80% remaining and say you suffered no pay cut, Einstein?

Given a 20% chance to live from a high death rate disease is not the same as 0%, but you’d probably say fuck it, kill me now, doc, eh?
    You'd argue just to hear yourself talk, or write...

Please just get it through that melon of yours that "nobody" can mean a few and not literally nobody.  

I ask our lord, Satan, buddha, Pikachu to help guide this man to the kool-aid so he can get along with others and have common understanding of slang.  Imma guess you don't have friends that fish either.  Just a hunch.
    I’d agree with you if you said 2% - 3% was “nobody.” That you said 20%, 1/5 of whatever you’re measuring as zero or “nobody” in the same sentence is brilliant brilliance in all its brilliancy, Einstein. Would you consider a 20% variance in polling reliable or more importantly, insignificant, Einstein? 20% roughly represents the so-called Indy voters that lean either repub/dem. Are they “nobody?”

I learned something today, some people’s slang includes “20% means ‘nobody’, yo.”

I have two friends who fish, one caught 100 fish and the other caught 20 fish but the guy who caught 20 despite hooking 100 didn’t catch any fish and is nobody. And the other guy caught 100 out of 100 hooked and is somebody.

I get along with everyone I choose to get along with, Einey.
    haha, sorry, I was going to keep scrolling, but I just have to....NO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE. You'd have argued any figure that wasn't absolute zero. 
    Project and yell all you want but you’re probably right as I’m entertained by melting snow flakes and absurd posts, particularly when such absurdity is posted in the same sentence. I’ve got a new entry in my slang dictionary too.

Precision and meaning is a thing of the past and any number less than 21 in any context is now slang for zero. I’ll remember that.
    You are thick.  It's not just me that thinks you're a tool.  I do wish I could be more like you and be so oblivious to my actions.  You have a gift.

Thread integrity.  Who is getting a booster on here?  Anyone?
    I already said that I got the COVID booster, and the annual flu shot.
    Not the sharpest in the shed, eh? Thread integrity, I’ll get both the flu and Covid government control transistor shot or nasal spray as soon as it’s made available and I can go get it. But I might ask them to only give me a 20% dose so I can claim I’m anti-vaxx.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    done. latest available. stuck with pfizer.  have  received every booster.

have addressable co-morbidities which are being worked on.

drive a truck. random pit stops at truck stops/rest areas .  brief exposure to co-workers from multiple states.

tested positive once in 21(?), incredibly mild case where as others in the house were far worse on j&j vax.

flu shot at same time, different arm. same soreness in each. headache as a side e$ect.
    I always get the flu shot, so might as well get the booster while I'm there.  But I'm always concerned about getting it too early, and it wearing off if there is a late season flu.

doc suggested to me as soon as available.....

I think it depends on whether or not you're high risk. For most people, October-November is the best time to get the flu shot; if you have other issues that put you at risk, and it sounds like you do, then getting it asap is recommended. As always, I'm not a doctor; I live with someone who has a sh!t-ton of pandemic/flu management experience.

overweight, blood pressure, apnea. went as far as dec for both before.
    and regular flu shots didnt begin until 2021 for me. had a bad experience in boot camp in 1988 and hadnt had one since until getting slammed jan 2020 with whatever that shit was going around then just as pandemic was revealing itself overseas....
    Ozempic...  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

drive a truck. random pit stops at truck stops/rest areas .  brief exposure to co-workers from multiple states.

tested positive once in 21(?), incredibly mild case where as others in the house were far worse on j&j vax.

flu shot at same time, different arm. same soreness in each. headache as a side e$ect.
    I always get the flu shot, so might as well get the booster while I'm there.  But I'm always concerned about getting it too early, and it wearing off if there is a late season flu.

I think it depends on whether or not you're high risk. For most people, October-November is the best time to get the flu shot; if you have other issues that put you at risk, and it sounds like you do, then getting it asap is recommended. As always, I'm not a doctor; I live with someone who has a sh!t-ton of pandemic/flu management experience.

and regular flu shots didnt begin until 2021 for me. had a bad experience in boot camp in 1988 and hadnt had one since until getting slammed jan 2020 with whatever that shit was going around then just as pandemic was revealing itself overseas....
    Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 
    If someone has weight issue and causing co-morbidities?  Not kidding  I haven't used it but I know plenty of people using that or similar and it definitely works for them.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 
    If someone has weight issue and causing co-morbidities?  Not kidding  I haven't used it but I know plenty of people using that or similar and it definitely works for them.  
    it can, but the shit I've read that's coming out about it and what it's causing...no thanks. And I'm a fatty desperate to lose weight. And I will NOT do it. 

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 
    it can, but the shit I've read that's coming out about it and what it's causing...no thanks. And I'm a fatty desperate to lose weight. And I will NOT do it. 
    What shit, specifically?  As far as I have read, it's like anything else.  Some people have reactions to it, but vast majority do not.  It's different than a vaccine if that's teh case.  If we trust the FDA for vaccines, why wouldn't we trust them for other meds?
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 

My husband was told that if you're not diabetic, it costs something like $1200/month.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    well, it's not even a weight loss drug. but it's being prescribed as such. it's for type 2 diabetes. 

thyroid disease
    cancer
    intestinal obstruction

Look, my brother is high up in a pharmaceutical company, QA specifically, and deals with the FDA all the time. Let's just say not all FDA decisions are made in accordance with what the research says. 

www.headstonesband.com

well, it's not even a weight loss drug. but it's being prescribed as such. it's for type 2 diabetes. 

thyroid disease
    cancer
    intestinal obstruction

Look, my brother is high up in a pharmaceutical company, QA specifically, and deals with the FDA all the time. Let's just say not all FDA decisions are made in accordance with what the research says. 
    ARe you saying the incidences of these are significant, or is it like any other med that has side effects for a small %.  Again, medicine is a tradeoff.  Is someone like Mick at a greater risk of a heart attack or type II due to his weight, or a greater risk for those three issues if he uses the drug, loses the weight?  Which is a more likely outcome for him?  Those are the questions people need to ask themselves, not whether there are side effects.  
  • brianlux said:
    I have a compromised immune system but also had a terrible reaction to the last vaccine- as in, three days of hell.  So now it's booster season again and I have to choose risking getting covid (no vaccine) or likely having another three days of hell (get vaccine).
    Get the Novavax booster. I got it last year and the only side effect was nausea for about 30 mins
    edited September 27
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 

My husband was told that if you're not diabetic, it costs something like $1200/month.
    There are other ones besides that one, but I'm sure it is expensive.  But how much is your health worth?  Certainly if you are capable of diet and exercise to lose your weight, that's the better option.  But for many, especially as they age, that's a tough one.  

I did see something the other day that for the first time in over a decade, obesity rates actually went down.  THANK YOU PRESIDENT BIDEN! 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obesity-rate-us-adults-cdc-data-map/#:~:text=Now the CDC estimates that,virtually every year since 2011
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    edited September 27
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  

doing a compounded wegovy thats far cheaper per month...

wife is more disciplined than I and seeing greater success. 

this wasnt a decision taken lightly. cost was a factor to be sure. nature of my schedule is a big hurdle. spoke with my doc and this was one of the options. at my heaviest I was considered pre-diabetic with family history too boot. did see a net 20 lb loss with noom app (I recommend this as well) but stalled. my hope is once the knee is replaced and healed I can engage in a more extensive exercise routine and that the 3 months off with pt and home stuff will jump start me to get further along to my goal.

anyone considering ozempic/wegovy or the like,  ask your doc about prescribing a compounded version.

my knee....

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 

Yes.  My Ins won't cover Ozempic, I asked.  I'm a big dude, not lethargic, just big.  I want to lose some weight and i can't get that.

So.  My ins would rather me be heavy and have other things possibly go wrong than right that ship.

OOOOkkkkkkk.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    brianlux said:
    Get the Novavax booster. I got it last year and the only side effect was nausea for about 30 mins

I'll look into it, thanks.  I've always gone with Moderna.  Not sure if I can get Novavx, but I'll look into it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ozempic...  
    I hope you're kidding. 

In the UK that same script is $95
    mrussel1 said:

thyroid disease
    cancer
    intestinal obstruction

ARe you saying the incidences of these are significant, or is it like any other med that has side effects for a small %.  Again, medicine is a tradeoff.  Is someone like Mick at a greater risk of a heart attack or type II due to his weight, or a greater risk for those three issues if he uses the drug, loses the weight?  Which is a more likely outcome for him?  Those are the questions people need to ask themselves, not whether there are side effects.  
    those are just the ones the public currently knows about. My larger point was no, I don't fully trust the FDA. there is so much poisonous shit they have allowed over the years, and beneficial stuff they have held back. 

www.headstonesband.com