Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Out of curiosity, who here has yet to test positive for Covid-19?  No one in my immediate family has tested positive (we had some scares, but always tested negative)?  We have been cautious, but the area I live in is very anti mask and has a low vaccination rate.  Surely we have been exposed at some point with, but have yet to actually contract anything.  We have been vaccinated and boosted and our 5-year-old gets his second vaccine today.  The vaccines are the only thing I can think of that has kept us from contracting anything (although I know some vaccinated family members that still tested positive).  

On another weird note, I gave blood the other day and still test negative for CMV (cytomegalovirus) too, so I can still give blood to babies :)
    I don’t live in a bubble, for the record, lol
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Out of curiosity, who here has yet to test positive for Covid-19?  No one in my immediate family has tested positive (we had some scares, but always tested negative)?  We have been cautious, but the area I live in is very anti mask and has a low vaccination rate.  Surely we have been exposed at some point with, but have yet to actually contract anything.  We have been vaccinated and boosted and our 5-year-old gets his second vaccine today.  The vaccines are the only thing I can think of that has kept us from contracting anything (although I know some vaccinated family members that still tested positive).  

On another weird note, I gave blood the other day and still test negative for CMV (cytomegalovirus) too, so I can still give blood to babies :)
    I haven't tested positive and I have no clue how. I was very cautious at first like most people. Became less cautious as 2020 wore on. And since being vaccinated, I haven't been cautious at all. And yet, still haven't caught it. Or I guess I should say, I haven't tested positive. I might've had it at some point but didn't even notice it because I'm vaccinated. I've taken one COVID test around Thanksgiving because a co-worker tested positive. But I'm yet to take a test because I felt sick and thought I might have the virus. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    PJPOWER said:

I have not had it and neither has my wife or two daughters.  All vax and booster.  My son has had it twice.  He got it in Sept 20 as soon as he went to college and before the vax was out. He got it a second time on Christmas.  At that point he had only had the J&J single in the summer and no vax. He had driven his Gf home to Philly from college in VA and got it there along with his gf and her brother.  

We were all absolutely exposed though, not just to him but to a wedding right before Christmas where my oldest daughter was in the wedding and four members of the wedding party were positive within 48 hours of the event.  

I 100% believe the booster helped. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I'm actually blown away by how few of the people in my life have had it. Then again, I associate primarily with people who live in fear...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I’ve never had it and do not know a single person who has caught it…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    PJPOWER said:

I have not yet.  My eldest daughter has, my youngest has not.  I was vaxxed in Feb and Mar, and boosted in Oct.  I went to Oregon and WA this past April but stayed by myself out in the wildnerness most of the time, so only exposure there was the plane.  Went to about 8 concerts (2 outdoor, 6 indoor) all with VAX and mask requirements.   Probably a good chunk of luck but most of the time I dont see people for days.
  • Options
    I caught it, almost every family member has caught it here in NY and abroad.  I even had a relative die from it early on.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    That is crazy. I know 30 people in the last month that have gotten it. 

No one in my family has gotten it yet. That goes with my wife's family too. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,616
    ^I'm like you Tempo, but waiting for results to confirm my current, and only, infection.

If only I had skied last week instead of doing homelessness outreach work... Or maybe if I didn't care, less stress would have kept my immune system functioning.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    but more people around you are vaxxed right?  It's the wild wild west down here
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2022
    I only know a handful of people up here not vaxxed and none of them have tested positive. Everyone that I know that has is vaccinated. Most 6 months out of their last shot though. 

Also it should be noted the people I know that are not vaxxed are less likely to get tested or give a shit if they get it. That should be taken into account as well. 
  • Options
    Wow, that blows my mind.  Almost every family I know has had it and lost family members to it.  I lost an uncle before the vax was out and probably couldn’t throw a rock in a crowd of people I know without hitting someone that has had it.  Most people that I know had non-severe cases, but several had it BAD.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

When the pandemic hit I was working at a cannabis greenhouse, I was there for the 1st 7 months of the pandemic…none of my colleagues in my department tested positive…and there was no masking going on at the time…I know crazy …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Wow, that blows my mind.  Almost every family I know has had it and lost family members to it.  I lost an uncle before the vax was out and probably couldn’t throw a rock in a crowd of people I know without hitting someone that has had it.  Most people that I know had non-severe cases, but several had it BAD.
    It’s crazy when tou think about it.  My brother in law texted me last night that he knows someone who just tested positive and is triple vaxxed.  This is the 1st person he knows who got it…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I’m fully vaxxed and all my family and extended family is…but the vaxx rates in my area lag behind the rest of the province.   In my entire region we were never flooded with cases throughout…we never needed to go on lockdown…only Toronto and larger cities needed lockdown…but I am opposed to lockdowns.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNB said:

When the pandemic hit I was working at a cannabis greenhouse, I was there for the 1st 7 months of the pandemic…none of my colleagues in my department tested positive…and there was no masking going on at the time…I know crazy …
    I can see this though.  You may live slightly more remote than I do.  I am in NY and have 3 of the busiest airports in the US within 30 miles of me.  MAss transit and these really really tall building that house a whole lot of people.

When it first hit we got nailed and had friends in colorado asking "WTF is wrong w you people?  Nothing is going on out here!" Meanwhile we have morgues backed up and the cemetery's working double time to keep up.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I’ve had it. None of my family living with me has. I took about 3 risks in the last 2 years and the last one bit me.

I have extended family that has had it. My wife’s uncle passed from it. Many people in my neighborhood have had it. And with my work situation I am aware of a lot of people at work who have had it over the last 2 years. But only 1 transmission that could have been work related 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2022
    I have been testing twice a week for work since November, and I have not yet tested positive. I am fully vaccinated (boosted), and I'm out among people nearly every day/night because of my kids' extracurriculars.

The moronic head coaches for my daughter's two hockey teams have both caught it. Not surprisingly, the one whose day job is to perpetuate New Jim Crow has caught it multiple times and said that last time it was in his kidneys. Her other team's head coach does not have a day job to perpetuate New Jim Crow, but his apparel makes it known that he certainly supports that effort.

And I'm pretty sure that one of my son's moronic hockey coaches caught it as well. I know his kid did.

Nearly all the other kids on all of my kids' teams combined have tested positive. My kids, who are vaccinated and mask up, have not.

My daughter's coach whose day job is to perpetuate the New Jim Crow finally noticed a few weeks ago that the only four kids that made it to practice we his maskers. Right, dude, and as head coach, if you had done any mitigation whatsoever, your team wouldn't have to forfeit games or show up with a pathetically short bench.

The winter baseball clinic has been much less irritating on the Covid front. That place ain't fucking around when it comes to masking. The same goes for my son's School of Rock location.

Hockey just attracts fucking ignoramuses, I guess.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    dankind said:
    I have been testing twice a week for work since November, and I have not yet tested positive. I am fully vaccinated (boosted), and I'm out among people nearly every day/night because of my kids' extracurriculars.

The moronic head coaches for my daughter's two hockey teams have both caught it. Not surprisingly, the one whose day job is to perpetuate New Jim Crow has caught it multiple times and said that last time it was in his kidneys. Her other team's head coach does not have a day job to perpetuate New Jim Crow, but his apparel makes it known that he certainly supports that effort.

And I'm pretty sure that one of my son's moronic hockey coaches caught it as well. I know his kid did.

Nearly all the other kids on all of my kids' teams combined have tested positive. My kids, who are vaccinated and mask up, have not.

My daughter's coach whose day job is to perpetuate the New Jim Crow finally noticed a few weeks ago that the only four kids that made it to practice we his maskers. Right, dude, and as head coach, if you had done any mitigation whatsoever, your team wouldn't have to forfeit games or show up with a pathetically short bench.

The winter baseball clinic has been much less irritating on the Covid front. That place ain't fucking around when it comes to masking. The same goes for my son's School of Rock location.

What job is it to perpetuate new Jim Crow?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    It’s crazy when tou think about it.  My brother in law texted me last night that he knows someone who just tested positive and is triple vaxxed.  This is the 1st person he knows who got it…
    It’s because of the CBDn not allowing the virus to attach to cells in you and your coworkers case :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I've never had to take a test.  Luckily I've not felt bad at all to even think I may have had it.  A headache here or there but would probably be from caffeine withdrawal or sleep schedule getting out of whack.  I'm single though so no family to catch it from.  It is easy to socially distance at work.  I've gone to concerts and been on probably 10-15 flights so not living in a bubble by any means.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It’s because of the CBDn not allowing the virus to attach to cells in you and your coworkers case :)
    I’m a heavy cannabis user and their is studies that show it helps…who really knows.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I'm a beginner; she's the expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6H-Mz6hgw

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We've definitely had some close calls, but have yet to test positive. Vaxxed & boosted.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m a heavy cannabis user and their is studies that show it helps…who really knows.
    I’ve seen the studies and they seem pretty strong at indicating a correlation with some marijuana/hemp compounds and reduced COVID-19 infection severity.  I think some take that as “if I smoke a lot of weed, I’m good” which is not the case.  Those that vaporize raw flower and orally consume it see the most benefits.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Haha, that's likely true for me.  

But in all seriousness, I'm mortified by your experience.  I have to believe it's so endemic to the culture where you live.  I'm in VA in a metro area and everyone wore masks from the start.  So I didn't know a lot of people who had it and (knock on wood) no one who died.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    it's only been the emergence of omicron that I've come to know people who have caught it. Mostly my wife's coworkers (she's essential). Up until around Christmas '21, didn't know a single person who had it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Finally. Disney cruise will offer PCR testing, so getting back into Canada is now easier!!! Phew.

One less airport niggtmare-headache-stressful queue. Looks like a nicer end of trip home now!

• Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I'm a beginner; she's the expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6H-Mz6hgw

So I'm not sure I understand you. Their coaches are the people meant to change the systemic racism or continue it, as teachers?
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I can see this though.  You may live slightly more remote than I do.  I am in NY and have 3 of the busiest airports in the US within 30 miles of me.  MAss transit and these really really tall building that house a whole lot of people.

When it first hit we got nailed and had friends in colorado asking "WTF is wrong w you people?  Nothing is going on out here!" Meanwhile we have morgues backed up and the cemetery's working double time to keep up.
    I agree.  Add in that Toronto, New York and most big cities have multi generational families under one roof.  

A friend of my sisters son moved to rural Nova Scotia from Toronto.
    Give Peas A Chance…