Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    I have been testing twice a week for work since November, and I have not yet tested positive. I am fully vaccinated (boosted), and I'm out among people nearly every day/night because of my kids' extracurriculars.

The moronic head coaches for my daughter's two hockey teams have both caught it. Not surprisingly, the one whose day job is to perpetuate New Jim Crow has caught it multiple times and said that last time it was in his kidneys. Her other team's head coach does not have a day job to perpetuate New Jim Crow, but his apparel makes it known that he certainly supports that effort.

And I'm pretty sure that one of my son's moronic hockey coaches caught it as well. I know his kid did.

Nearly all the other kids on all of my kids' teams combined have tested positive. My kids, who are vaccinated and mask up, have not.

My daughter's coach whose day job is to perpetuate the New Jim Crow finally noticed a few weeks ago that the only four kids that made it to practice we his maskers. Right, dude, and as head coach, if you had done any mitigation whatsoever, your team wouldn't have to forfeit games or show up with a pathetically short bench.

The winter baseball clinic has been much less irritating on the Covid front. That place ain't fucking around when it comes to masking. The same goes for my son's School of Rock location.

Hockey just attracts fucking ignoramuses, I guess.
    What job is it to perpetuate new Jim Crow?
    I'm a beginner; she's the expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6H-Mz6hgw

Are you saying the coaches are cops, judges, prison guards, teachers?  I don't understand. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Rewrote with no references to New Jim Crow. Sorry a couple of you found that confusing—and it’s off topic anyway. 

I have been testing twice a week for work since November, and I have not yet tested positive. I am fully vaccinated (boosted), and I'm out among people nearly every day/night because of my kids' extracurriculars.

The moronic head coaches for my daughter's two hockey teams have both caught it. One has caught it multiple times and said that last time it was in his kidneys.

And I'm pretty sure that one of my son's moronic hockey coaches caught it as well. I know his kid did.

Nearly all the other kids on all of my kids' teams combined have tested positive. My kids, who are vaccinated and mask up, have not. 

My daughter's coach who said he had it in his kidneys noticed a few weeks ago that the only four kids that made it to practice were his maskers. Right, dude, and as head coach, if you had done any mitigation whatsoever, your team wouldn't have to forfeit games or show up with a pathetically short bench.

The winter baseball clinic has been much less irritating on the Covid front. That place ain't fucking around when it comes to masking. The same goes for my son's School of Rock location.

Hockey just attracts fucking ignoramuses, I guess.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’ve never had it and do not know a single person who has caught it…
    Wow, that blows my mind.  Almost every family I know has had it and lost family members to it.  I lost an uncle before the vax was out and probably couldn’t throw a rock in a crowd of people I know without hitting someone that has had it.  Most people that I know had non-severe cases, but several had it BAD.
    It’s crazy when tou think about it.  My brother in law texted me last night that he knows someone who just tested positive and is triple vaxxed.  This is the 1st person he knows who got it…
    It’s because of the CBDn not allowing the virus to attach to cells in you and your coworkers case :)
    I’m a heavy cannabis user and their is studies that show it helps…who really knows.
    I’ve seen the studies and they seem pretty strong at indicating a correlation with some marijuana/hemp compounds and reduced COVID-19 infection severity.  I think some take that as “if I smoke a lot of weed, I’m good” which is not the case.  Those that vaporize raw flower and orally consume it see the most benefits.
    I mostly vape now, I still enjoy a joint every once in a while.  I need high doses for edibles to an effect on me…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Wow, that blows my mind.  Almost every family I know has had it and lost family members to it.  I lost an uncle before the vax was out and probably couldn’t throw a rock in a crowd of people I know without hitting someone that has had it.  Most people that I know had non-severe cases, but several had it BAD.
    It’s crazy when tou think about it.  My brother in law texted me last night that he knows someone who just tested positive and is triple vaxxed.  This is the 1st person he knows who got it…
    It’s because of the CBDn not allowing the virus to attach to cells in you and your coworkers case :)
    I’m a heavy cannabis user and their is studies that show it helps…who really knows.
    I’ve seen the studies and they seem pretty strong at indicating a correlation with some marijuana/hemp compounds and reduced COVID-19 infection severity.  I think some take that as “if I smoke a lot of weed, I’m good” which is not the case.  Those that vaporize raw flower and orally consume it see the most benefits.
    I mostly vape now, I still enjoy a joint every once in a while.  I need high doses for edibles to an effect on me…
    What is your definition of high dose?

I'm very lucky.  15 mg plus a meal puts me in a great place.  If I don't eat, it doesn't work.  I need the digestive tract moving.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I'm very lucky.  15 mg plus a meal puts me in a great place.  If I don't eat, it doesn't work.  I need the digestive tract moving.  
    I’m much higher than that…I start at about 100mg and go from there.  From my limited research and just talking to other cannabis users it sounds like everyone I’d different…

you mentioned your heart condition, I take it you don’t smoke or vape?  Or do you?  I’m a huge believer in cannabis..  but i wanna get to Vegas and try some of what you guys sell…probably better that what the legal market here has…

also in Ontario edibles are capped at 10mg…so I get mine on the black market…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I’m much higher than that…I start at about 100mg and go from there.  From my limited research and just talking to other cannabis users it sounds like everyone I’d different…

you mentioned your heart condition, I take it you don’t smoke or vape?  Or do you?  I’m a huge believer in cannabis..  but i wanna get to Vegas and try some of what you guys sell…probably better that what the legal market here has…

I vape and also smoke on occasion.  

Vegas has good stuff but it can be expensive if you are too close to the strip.  Be sure you get off it into the suburbs or something for a better price.  Like they will charge $80 for a half gram cart. You can get a full gram for that price anywhere else in NV, CO and even WA.  I think CA is pretty expensive too.

VA is not cheap but that's because there is only one licensed store.  So it's $50 for 100 mg of edibles, $65 1/8th, $120 a quarter.  If I needed 100 mg for edibles that would be untenable.  Way too expensive. 
  • Options
    And the same on max size.  It used to be you could 25 mg candy, but it seems everything is limited to 10 now.  I think people struggled with it, eating 100 mg at once and being stoned for 3 days.  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Do you vape raw flower or oils?  I don’t think the oils are that great for your lungs either.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    edited October 2023
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Try Nature's Fire for capsules, Meltdown. They sell 250mg and 500mg ones that are pretty great. I'm very unlucky - at this point I start at 250 and if it's not enough I'll add another 250. For a flight, I'll take a 500mg before I walk into the airport and it's usually right on time.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    tish said:
    I documented positive, POSITIVE!

Yay! I got the no PCR testing get out of jail free card. I can re-enter Canada without testing for 180 days and I can enter the United States within the next 90 days without testing. Perfectly timed I am leaving in 90 days! Weirdly enough the States also requires a health note saying I'm good to go??? Scratches head.

Drat, I should have done the Vedder Seattle lottery now that I can cross the line without fear of a negative test blowing up plans. 
    Hope you’re feeling okay, Tish. And good news on the test. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    All good, thanks. Ya know what they say, if it doesn't kill me, it'll only make me stronger 😏
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,864
    I had it in March 2020 - pre-vaccine. I had a fairly mild case. I lost my sense of smell and taste for 5 days and had mild fatigue. I haven’t  gotten it again. I am double vaxxed and boosted. I know a small handful of people who have had it. They were all very mild cases. One of my friends was completely asymptomatic. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,143
    tish said:
    I documented positive, POSITIVE!

Yay! I got the no PCR testing get out of jail free card. I can re-enter Canada without testing for 180 days and I can enter the United States within the next 90 days without testing. Perfectly timed I am leaving in 90 days! Weirdly enough the States also requires a health note saying I'm good to go??? Scratches head.

Drat, I should have done the Vedder Seattle lottery now that I can cross the line without fear of a negative test blowing up plans. 

I guess that's an upside for covid.

We've figured out our attempt to make it happen.  If your double vaxxed you can enter the US without a test.  So getting into the US is easy (via land or marine border).   The Canada rule is you need a covid test within 72 hours of returning.   We're basically going to get a test done in Port Angeles as soon as we take the coho over.   Test should be done before we come back.

The marine border is currently exempt from the random return testing you need to do at the land border (where random people get tested and have to quarantine for days before getting the result).

All things being equal I think this should all work out.. except if I get Covid right before I'm supposed to go.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I vape and also smoke on occasion.  

Vegas has good stuff but it can be expensive if you are too close to the strip.  Be sure you get off it into the suburbs or something for a better price.  Like they will charge $80 for a half gram cart. You can get a full gram for that price anywhere else in NV, CO and even WA.  I think CA is pretty expensive too.

VA is not cheap but that's because there is only one licensed store.  So it's $50 for 100 mg of edibles, $65 1/8th, $120 a quarter.  If I needed 100 mg for edibles that would be untenable.  Way too expensive. 
    Thanks for the tip.  I did not think prices were that high…

prices here in Ontario have really come down at the legal stores…but we have a vibrant black market here in Ontario…I usually get my flower and edibles on the black market but prefer my vape cartridges from the OCS.

I know other people as well with heart issues who quit smoking but still smoke cannabis…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Try Nature's Fire for capsules, Meltdown. They sell 250mg and 500mg ones that are pretty great. I'm very unlucky - at this point I start at 250 and if it's not enough I'll add another 250. For a flight, I'll take a 500mg before I walk into the airport and it's usually right on time.

Is that on the OCS?  Edibles seem like a hit or miss with some people…I’ve never flown stoned…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Is that on the OCS?  Edibles seem like a hit or miss with some people…I’ve never flown stoned…
    Nope, black market. And I highly recommend the stoned flight. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

This quantity is just astounding to me.  500mg?  I just looked at what I have and it says a 10 pk is 67.2mg CBD/96 mg THC.  Are we on the same scale here?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

This quantity is just astounding to me.  500mg?  I just looked at what I have and it says a 10 pk is 67.2mg CBD/96 mg THC.  Are we on the same scale here?
    yeah I took a 10mg and was still feeling it the next morning
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Believe it or not, we are on the same scale here. Though I just noticed they stopped producing the 250s and 500s, and switched instead to 150s and 300s.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Believe it or not, we are on the same scale here. Though I just noticed they stopped producing the 250s and 500s, and switched instead to 150s and 300s.
    So you are eating equivalent to 50 chews.  That plane trip you took would cost me $275 in candy.  That would be a wholly untenable buzz.  That's what is blowing my mind here.  
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I will look for it.  Thanks.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

So you are eating equivalent to 50 chews.  That plane trip you took would cost me $275 in candy.  That would be a wholly untenable buzz.  That's what is blowing my mind here.  
    I’m really surprised edibles are that expensive…my dealer sells them 800mg at 125…of course he’s out at the moment…all his stuff comes from BC…supply chain issues.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I’m really surprised edibles are that expensive…my dealer sells them 800mg at 125…of course he’s out at the moment…all his stuff comes from BC…supply chain issues.  

yeah that's why I was wondering if it was a scale or concentration difference.  Plus, I cannot imagine ingesting that much.  I'd be stoned for a month, or dead. 
  • Options

STOCKHOLM -- Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks.

"With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference.

She added that the decision could be revisited if the research changed or if a new variant changed the pandemic. Kids in high-risk groups can already get the vaccine.

Sweden registered more than 40,000 new cases on Jan. 26, one of the highest daily numbers during the pandemic, despite limited testing. While the forth wave has seen daily infection records shattered, the healthcare is not under the same strain as during previous waves.

On Thursday 101 patients with COVID required intensive care, well below the more than 400 patients during spring 2021. In total, nearly 16,000 people have died of COVID in Sweden since the pandemic started.

Sweden's government on Wednesday extended restrictions, which included limited opening hours for restaurants and an attendance cap for indoor venues, for two weeks but said it hoped to remove them on Feb. 9.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

yeah that's why I was wondering if it was a scale or concentration difference.  Plus, I cannot imagine ingesting that much.  I'd be stoned for a month, or dead. 
    I’ve done around 500 mg session.  About a year ago my dog developed a limp after her walks, I started giving a low dose gummy, limp is gone, she has more energy, we can go on longer walks..Etc.  She’s a 10 year old lab, soon 11..And before I get flamed…giving my dog cannabis that has improved her life is the right thing to do…I hope to have her in senior care as long as those little fuckers…and I only give it to her every once in a while..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

STOCKHOLM -- Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks.

"With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference.

She added that the decision could be revisited if the research changed or if a new variant changed the pandemic. Kids in high-risk groups can already get the vaccine.

Sweden registered more than 40,000 new cases on Jan. 26, one of the highest daily numbers during the pandemic, despite limited testing. While the forth wave has seen daily infection records shattered, the healthcare is not under the same strain as during previous waves.

On Thursday 101 patients with COVID required intensive care, well below the more than 400 patients during spring 2021. In total, nearly 16,000 people have died of COVID in Sweden since the pandemic started.

Sweden's government on Wednesday extended restrictions, which included limited opening hours for restaurants and an attendance cap for indoor venues, for two weeks but said it hoped to remove them on Feb. 9.

Bravo.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    edited January 2022

Seems like a logical approach to me. It is interesting how different countries that all have access to the same data points have very different stances on this. 

EDIT - It deleted the part I bolded from the original post for some reason, which was this:

Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks.

Post edited by bbiggs on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756

Palin dines out again in NYC days after positive virus test
    2 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was spotted dining out at a New York City restaurant two days after testing positive for the coronavirus.

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee’s visit Wednesday to the upscale Manhattan eatery Elio’s drew attention from photo-snapping bystanders. It came shortly after she was in the news over her positive test for COVID-19, which had forced the postponement of a trial in which she is suing The New York Times.

Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines call for people to isolate themselves for at least five days after the onset of symptoms or a positive test.

Palin had also dined at the same restaurant on Saturday, despite a city rule requiring patrons dining indoors at restaurants to be vaccinated.

Palin, 57, has publicly said she won’t get the shot.

Elio’s, which is known for a celebrity clientele, said earlier this week that it had erred in not checking Palin’s vaccination status during her first visit.

The restaurant said in a statement that Palin returned Wednesday evening “to apologize for the fracas around her previous visit.” For her second visit, first reported by the web site Mediaite, Palin dined in a heated outdoor shelter, where vaccination isn’t required.

Messages were sent Thursday via Palin’s website, to her lawyers and to a spokesperson who has worked with her.

Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams, tweeted Thursday that if Palin “actually ‘loved New York City’ as she claims, she would stay home and isolate.”

Palin’s libel suit against The Times, over the wording of an editorial about gun violence, is now set to begin Feb. 3.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfWkrqMGCD8

I found this extremely interesting and informative. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx