How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    The pandemic is going strong because it is a highly contagious virus.  Staying home for a month only delays the inevitable spread when things open back up.  

The unvaccinated have made their choice.  The vaccinated have made their choice.  

Unless we think people are magically going to get vaccinated after all this time, it is time to move forward living in the Covid era.  We basically already have been since March 2021.  It doesn’t appear that Omicron is all that dangerous. 
    Wrong. It’s going strong because of the unvaccinated. Plenty of facts from the govt to back that statement up.
    Yes. The vaccinated definitely haven’t caught and spread the virus. 🙄. This attitude is nonsense honestly. I’m fully vaccinated since March and boosted. 
    Vaccinated people are much less likely to get it and spread. They also make mutations less likely. 
    Unless the whole world collectively gets vaccinated, then it means nothing honestly. I live in NYC. We have the strictest mandates and still had over 38k cases in one day. 100% vaccinated was never a realistic goal. Anti vaxers existed long before trump and Covid. So what’s the endgame? How do we get past this? 
    Why would having way fewer people dying mean nothing? Or do you mean relative to restrictions? 100% vaccinated isn’t the goal, and we get past this by way of more people being immune combined with the virus mutating to a weaker version of itself, which is what’s happening right now. 
    Relative to restrictions, variants and spread. 
  • D-Rod said:
    My buddy was like “who is this Fauci guy, I never heard of him before Covid?”

I’m like “did anyone know of Dustin Hoffman’s character in Outbreak before the Outbreak?” 
    Fauci was the lead doctor in charge of the AIDS epidemic in the mid 80’s 
    My comment back to him was wayyyyy better dude!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    It’s still going because of the unvaccinated. 
    Bullshit.  The vaccine doesn’t work they way they originally said. Lowers risk of hospitalization and death. Does not stop the spread. 
    It reduces spread. Efficacy was never said to be 100%. 
    The “experts” said it would be highly effective against getting Covid. “You won’t get or spread the virus”. That’s what they said. Fauci, Biden, Gates and more.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    D-Rod said:
    My buddy was like “who is this Fauci guy, I never heard of him before Covid?”

I’m like “did anyone know of Dustin Hoffman’s character in Outbreak before the Outbreak?” 
    Fauci was the lead doctor in charge of the AIDS epidemic in the mid 80’s 
    My comment back to him was wayyyyy better dude!
    “He is your real father.”
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Bullshit.  The vaccine doesn’t work they way they originally said. Lowers risk of hospitalization and death. Does not stop the spread. 
    The “experts” said it would be highly effective against getting Covid. “You won’t get or spread the virus”. That’s what they said. Fauci, Biden, Gates and more.  
    It's interesting. Because the vaccines have actually worked better against hospitalizations and deaths than the experts thought they would.  That was the point all along.

That said - after the vaccines first rolled out and initially vaccinated people weren't getting COVID, that for a while looked like a really nice bonus of the vaccines. But that didn't last as we now know - both through the vaccines seemingly wearing out over time and apparently different strains/variants emerging that they aren't as efficient in battling against.

And you're the first person I've heard refer to Biden as an expert on Covid vaccines. Gates and Fauci - sure.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The pandemic is going strong because it is a highly contagious virus.  Staying home for a month only delays the inevitable spread when things open back up.  

The unvaccinated have made their choice.  The vaccinated have made their choice.  

Unless we think people are magically going to get vaccinated after all this time, it is time to move forward living in the Covid era.  We basically already have been since March 2021.  It doesn’t appear that Omicron is all that dangerous. 
    Wrong. It’s going strong because of the unvaccinated. Plenty of facts from the govt to back that statement up.
    Yes. The vaccinated definitely haven’t caught and spread the virus. 🙄. This attitude is nonsense honestly. I’m fully vaccinated since March and boosted. 
    Vaccinated people are much less likely to get it and spread. They also make mutations less likely. 
    Unless the whole world collectively gets vaccinated, then it means nothing honestly. I live in NYC. We have the strictest mandates and still had over 38k cases in one day. 100% vaccinated was never a realistic goal. Anti vaxers existed long before trump and Covid. So what’s the endgame? How do we get past this? 
    Why would having way fewer people dying mean nothing? Or do you mean relative to restrictions? 100% vaccinated isn’t the goal, and we get past this by way of more people being immune combined with the virus mutating to a weaker version of itself, which is what’s happening right now. 
    Relative to restrictions, variants and spread. 
    The higher the vaccination rate, the fewer variants there are. Also vaccinated are less likely to spread it. 
    I guess it depends on what people use as their sources. 
  • The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    Liar. That’s not how vaccines work. 
    That’s what was said. Not by me. 
    Sarava said:
    It's interesting. Because the vaccines have actually worked better against hospitalizations and deaths than the experts thought they would.  That was the point all along.

That said - after the vaccines first rolled out and initially vaccinated people weren't getting COVID, that for a while looked like a really nice bonus of the vaccines. But that didn't last as we now know - both through the vaccines seemingly wearing out over time and apparently different strains/variants emerging that they aren't as efficient in battling against.

And you're the first person I've heard refer to Biden as an expert on Covid vaccines. Gates and Fauci - sure.
    I don’t consider any of them experts, especially Biden or Gates. And even lord fauci. But whatever…I should have worded it differently than experts. 
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Nick Mason (of Pink Floyd) just postponed his January/February tour due to COVID concerns. 

He was to play the Beacon and the Chicago theatre; I don’t think the dates will go as scheduled. I mean broadway is shutting shows down left and right and they have swings and understudies. 
  • The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    That’s what was said. Not by me. 
    By who? What experts are you referring to? Name them. 
  • When you’re dead you’re dead, you didn’t win by not getting vaccinated, believe the science…
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
    I don't want to get into this shit.  I will leave it at this...
    One of the best things I've done is step out of the liberal echo chamber.  I suggest trying it for a minute.  Anyway, I hope these shows go on as I am very excited to see Ed and the Earthlings!  Happy Holidays.  
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    In late 2020 into early 2021, the vaccines were presented to the American public with 2 statistical results from trials. Pfizer and Moderna were both said to be 94-95% effective in preventing one from getting covid. J and J was more around 75-80% I believe. The second statistic presented was how efficient they were in preventing serious infection and hospitalization, which was a lower percentage, but still high. There was also widespread speculation that they would be effective for at least a year.

People heard this 94-95% figure and felt once they were vaccinated, they were safe and could discard masks and distancing. Clearly once Delta hit, it was apparent that breakthrough cases were happening far more than the public was led to believe. 

My personal belief is these vaccines are pretty pour at preventing infection, but are strong in preventing hospitalization. Ultimately that’s the most important, but it isn’t how the vaccines were originally presented prior to Delta. No one ever said they were 100% effective but they did push the 94-95% effective stat in the media.

So many vaccinated people were overconfident and became part of the problem contributing to the spread. It’s not accurate to only blame unvaccinated for spreading covid, just as it’s not accurate to group all unvaccinated as Trumpers, when a very high percentage are blacks and hispanics.
  • KL159781 said:
    In late 2020 into early 2021, the vaccines were presented to the American public with 2 statistical results from trials. Pfizer and Moderna were both said to be 94-95% effective in preventing one from getting covid. J and J was more around 75-80% I believe. The second statistic presented was how efficient they were in preventing serious infection and hospitalization, which was a lower percentage, but still high. There was also widespread speculation that they would be effective for at least a year.

People heard this 94-95% figure and felt once they were vaccinated, they were safe and could discard masks and distancing. Clearly once Delta hit, it was apparent that breakthrough cases were happening far more than the public was led to believe. 

My personal belief is these vaccines are pretty pour at preventing infection, but are strong in preventing hospitalization. Ultimately that’s the most important, but it isn’t how the vaccines were originally presented prior to Delta. No one ever said they were 100% effective but they did push the 94-95% effective stat in the media.

So many vaccinated people were overconfident and became part of the problem contributing to the spread. It’s not accurate to only blame unvaccinated for spreading covid, just as it’s not accurate to group all unvaccinated as Trumpers, when a very high percentage are blacks and hispanics.
    The 94-95% was not presented as not getting COVID, it was presented as preventing severe COVID symptoms. I'm sure many people assumed that the number was meant as preventing COVID altogether, but it was not presented that way. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited December 2021
    KL159781 said:

The 94-95% was not presented as not getting COVID, it was presented as preventing severe COVID symptoms. I'm sure many people assumed that the number was meant as preventing COVID altogether, but it was not presented that way. 
    That’s not correct. It was presented as not getting covid. The following is taken from cdc.gov, with the first section, which was widely reported by the media, specifically saying it was 94.1% effective at preventing infection in the trials:

• Based on evidence from clinical trials, in people ages 18 years and older, the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was 94.1% effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection in people who received two doses and had no evidence of being previously infected.
    • The vaccine was also effective in clinical trials at preventing COVID-19 among people of diverse age, sex, race, and ethnicity categories and among people with underlying medical conditions.
    • Evidence shows mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real-world conditions as they have in clinical trial settings―reducing the risk of COVID-19, including severe illness, by 90% or more among people who are fully vaccinated.

It does seem to have been effective in the first half of 2021 in keeping people from getting covid, but since Delta arrived, vaccinated people getting covid has been pretty large. People got overconfident with their protection, due to what they heard early on about the vaccines. The subsequent huge rise in breakthrough cases fueled anti vaxxers to say it doesn’t work and caused a big backtracking of pro vaccine people to say it was only meant to prevent hospitalizations.  
    Post edited by KL159781 on
  • KL159781 said:
    KL159781 said:

That’s not correct. It was presented as not getting covid. The following is taken from cdc.gov, with the first section, which was widely reported by the media, specifically saying it was 94.1% effective at preventing infection in the trials:

• Based on evidence from clinical trials, in people ages 18 years and older, the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was 94.1% effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection in people who received two doses and had no evidence of being previously infected.
    • The vaccine was also effective in clinical trials at preventing COVID-19 among people of diverse age, sex, race, and ethnicity categories and among people with underlying medical conditions.
    • Evidence shows mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real-world conditions as they have in clinical trial settings―reducing the risk of COVID-19, including severe illness, by 90% or more among people who are fully vaccinated.

It does seem to have been effective in the first half of 2021 in keeping people from getting covid, but since Delta arrived, vaccinated people getting covid has been pretty large. People got overconfident with their protection, due to what they heard early on about the vaccines. The subsequent huge rise in breakthrough cases fueled anti vaxxers to say it doesn’t work and caused a big backtracking of pro vaccine people to say it was only meant to prevent hospitalizations.  
    I stand corrected. I seem to remember it being presented as preventing severe symptoms/hospitalizations. Although I admit I am not a news watcher.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    One of the best things I've done is step out of the liberal echo chamber.  I suggest trying it for a minute.  Anyway, I hope these shows go on as I am very excited to see Ed and the Earthlings!  Happy Holidays.  
    By "stepping out of the liberal echo chamber," you seem to have stepped into the "make up statements that experts didn't actually say" echo chamber 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Thread should be closed
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Or taken somewhere else.  I would like to know about things closing in NYC ahead of NYE, sounds like any large gatherings are being shut down.  And yet, I can go to the Jets game on Sunday if I want to. Crazy.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Or taken somewhere else.  I would like to know about things closing in NYC ahead of NYE, sounds like any large gatherings are being shut down.  And yet, I can go to the Jets game on Sunday if I want to. Crazy.
    Bingo.  An entire section of the forum is dedicated to this (A Moving Train for those unaware).  Plenty of opportunity to post one's personal thoughts on all things Covid there.  Sure, Covid is relevant to EV's tour and PJ's pending rescheduled tour if/when they get postponed or cancelled, but all the bullshit talk in between should be taken elsewhere.  It would be great if this thread could stick to information about tours moving forward or being cancelled so we all remain informed, but I fully realize I'm pissing into the wind with this post.

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Bingo.  An entire section of the forum is dedicated to this (A Moving Train for those unaware).  Plenty of opportunity to post one's personal thoughts on all things Covid there.  Sure, Covid is relevant to EV's tour and PJ's pending rescheduled tour if/when they get postponed or cancelled, but all the bullshit talk in between should be taken elsewhere.  It would be great if this thread could stick to information about tours moving forward or being cancelled so we all remain informed, but I fully realize I'm pissing into the wind with this post.

Good luck getting the Covid talk in it's proper spot.  Pissing into the wind is apt. :)  The other problem is the rumor thread should rarely have comments if it's stuck to topic...rumors just don't seem to occur like they used to especially with Dimi seemingly retired lol.  Here's hoping for those 2022 dates in January.  I'm surprised there's at least not some Festival or ballpark rumors.  Those seem to leak earlier than the rest.  PJ did tweet about which festivals folks attended last year so maybe that's the beginning?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • reyrey Posts: 280
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Why would you want to go to the Jets game?   =)
    You’re complaining about what politicians said about the vaccine. What’s that have to do with the liberal echo chamber? 
    KL159781 said:

You might be confusing actually getting Covid vs just getting a positive test result. We’re seeing a lot of the latter because people are obsessing over testing and it’s driving a lot of these panic cancelations. The metric that should’ve been the focus since last summer when the vaccine was widely available is hospitalizations and deaths.   
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    I do think we can't discuss scheduling and potential postponements without talking about COVID, but at some point it does become an AMT issue. Feels like we've crossed into that territory here. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    KL159781 said:
    KL159781 said:

Currently the rate of unvaccinated people getting a positive test result is about five times higher than vaccinated people. 
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

The bullshit talk is relevant to the original question about whether or not the shows get postponed. 
This discussion has been closed.