How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    At this point I wish I actually went for EV Beacon tix in case there was a rescheduled date I could actually make.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Or taken somewhere else.  I would like to know about things closing in NYC ahead of NYE, sounds like any large gatherings are being shut down.  And yet, I can go to the Jets game on Sunday if I want to. Crazy.
    Bingo.  An entire section of the forum is dedicated to this (A Moving Train for those unaware).  Plenty of opportunity to post one's personal thoughts on all things Covid there.  Sure, Covid is relevant to EV's tour and PJ's pending rescheduled tour if/when they get postponed or cancelled, but all the bullshit talk in between should be taken elsewhere.  It would be great if this thread could stick to information about tours moving forward or being cancelled so we all remain informed, but I fully realize I'm pissing into the wind with this post.

The bullshit talk is relevant to the original question about whether or not the shows get postponed. 
    Thanks for letting me know.  As my post stated, Covid is relevant to the topic, up to a point.  That point was crossed long ago and should be taken to AMT.  But again, thank you for your input.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Or taken somewhere else.  I would like to know about things closing in NYC ahead of NYE, sounds like any large gatherings are being shut down.  And yet, I can go to the Jets game on Sunday if I want to. Crazy.
    Bingo.  An entire section of the forum is dedicated to this (A Moving Train for those unaware).  Plenty of opportunity to post one's personal thoughts on all things Covid there.  Sure, Covid is relevant to EV's tour and PJ's pending rescheduled tour if/when they get postponed or cancelled, but all the bullshit talk in between should be taken elsewhere.  It would be great if this thread could stick to information about tours moving forward or being cancelled so we all remain informed, but I fully realize I'm pissing into the wind with this post.

The bullshit talk is relevant to the original question about whether or not the shows get postponed. 
    Thanks for letting me know.  As my post stated, Covid is relevant to the topic, up to a point.  That point was crossed long ago and should be taken to AMT.  But again, thank you for your input.

The original question draws out people’s perceptions of what’s happening. Perceptions range from people thinking the vaccines don’t do much and the pandemic will never end (shows canceled) to the fact that we’ll peak as a country in about two weeks, and Omicron is mild, especially if vaccinated (shows are a go). 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

Exactly.  Covid is relative to the original topic when it comes to discussing local and federal regulations, mandates, sharing new info on other similar tours being moved or postponed, etc.

As soon as the "vaccine this vs vaccine that" argument gets brought into it, the thread is derailed and all hell breaks loose.  Happens every single time without fail in every topic similar to this.  There is literally a thread in AMT called Viruses/Vaccines where that info can be discussed openly.

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • I don't want to get into this shit.  I will leave it at this...
    One of the best things I've done is step out of the liberal echo chamber.  I suggest trying it for a minute.  Anyway, I hope these shows go on as I am very excited to see Ed and the Earthlings!  Happy Holidays.  
    Now it’s about what side your on? Ok, good luck. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    edited December 2021
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Why would you want to go to the Jets game?   =)

To see Tom Brady play football and to drink some beer outside.  =) And tickets are cheap so it could be fun.  Not sure yet.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Get_Right said:
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

To see Tom Brady play football and to drink some beer outside.  =) And tickets are cheap so it could be fun.  Not sure yet.
    No Jets game is fun.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237

www.cluthelee.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Get_Right said:
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

No Jets game is fun.  
    Not if you’re a Jests fan. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    Get_Right said:
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

No Jets game is fun.  

As long as I am with my friends it will be fun.  Just not sure a "mass" gathering is a good idea given the the state of NY.  I made it through, Sea Hear Now, Ohana 1, US Grand Prix (130K on Sunday), and three nights of MMJ in a row without an issue, but I feel like this would be testing my luck.

• That's pretty cool!  Is that in the 10c store?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • I'm copying and pasting this from another website forum regarding Dead & Co. but thought it might be interesting for some to read:

Pretty interesting Dead & CO's Playing in the Sand allowing fans to get refunds if they don't feel safe going to Mexico Wonder if this will be something offered to DMB fans

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...Xds3at6k6h0hRw

And Kleinman wasn’t alone. He’s one of thousands of Covid-fearing Deadheads who pushed event planners for a means to opt-out of the show; more than 2,100 people signed a petition in recent days calling for the show’s organizers to issue refunds. Fans also set up several pages on Facebook about the shows to argue about safety concerns.

Finally, amid the push from the Deadheads, on Wednesday, the band and CID announced that anyone can now get a refund, although the shows are slated to continue. As case counts rise, they’re now recommending that guests not leave the resort, and all events that CID planned off-site have been canceled.

“Any package holders no longer interested in attending Playing in the Sand for either weekend are now eligible for a refund by… submitting your refund request by 5 p.m. ET on Dec. 31, 2021,” the band and promoters said. 

Several fans who spoke with Rolling Stone before the announcement was made had already decided to skip the event, however — even without the promise of refunds. There were just too many factors at play that made the trip sound, increasingly, like a dicey idea — including increasingly difficult access to testing and the perils of travel.
  • Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed

No Jets game is fun.  

As long as I am with my friends it will be fun.  Just not sure a "mass" gathering is a good idea given the the state of NY.  I made it through, Sea Hear Now, Ohana 1, US Grand Prix (130K on Sunday), and three nights of MMJ in a row without an issue, but I feel like this would be testing my luck.
    It's running rampant here but the symptoms and effects are a sniffle.  A bunch of people I know have gotten it this time around.  All vaxed and no problems.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,394
    @bbiggs which ev show are you going to?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Delta is still kicking ass! It has not disappeared 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited December 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Actually both Chicago shows, assuming they go off as planned.  My wife surprised me with verified fan tickets for N1 (luckily didn't get gouged with platinum pricing) and going with a buddy that scored 10C tickets for N2.  Fingers crossed the shows happen!  You're going to the NJ show?

• pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    there should at least be an option for people to opt out or at least be able to sell their tickets. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,394
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Actually both Chicago shows, assuming they go off as planned.  My wife surprised me with verified fan tickets for N1 (luckily didn't get gouged with platinum pricing) and going with a buddy that scored 10C tickets for N2.  Fingers crossed the shows happen!  You're going to the NJ show?

Awesome to hear, what a nice surprise!  My wife and I will be attending the NJ show, it will be her first time seeing ev solo.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Awesome to hear, what a nice surprise!  My wife and I will be attending the NJ show, it will be her first time seeing ev solo.
    Awesome!  My wife's first EV show as well.  Have a blast, man and let's hope they happen.

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    IBTL.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    pthomn said:
    there should at least be an option for people to opt out or at least be able to sell their tickets. 

Is there no refund option? I looked at my The War On Drugs tickets for late January this morning and there is a COVID refund option right up until the day of the show. Didn't see it before. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • IBTL.

4 pages in and they lock it now?

Nah G.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    There is zero reason to cancel shows because of the Omicron variant if everyone is vaccinated and you require vaccinations for attendance.  The point of vaccinations was to mitigate the horrible results of COVID and to allow us to return to some normalcy.   Vaccinated people are barely affected by this new variant.  Yes I know they can pass it on to others but even if pass it on to other vaccinated people those vaccinated people will barely be affected.   No reason to consider cancelling at this point in my opinion as long as you require everyone to be vaccinated.  Let's stop treating the omicron variant like it's COVID in 2020 and no one was vaccinated and we barely had effective treatments.
    pjhawks said:
    There is zero reason to cancel shows because of the Omicron variant if everyone is vaccinated and you require vaccinations for attendance.  The point of vaccinations was to mitigate the horrible results of COVID and to allow us to return to some normalcy.   Vaccinated people are barely affected by this new variant.  Yes I know they can pass it on to others but even if pass it on to other vaccinated people those vaccinated people will barely be affected.   No reason to consider cancelling at this point in my opinion as long as you require everyone to be vaccinated.  Let's stop treating the omicron variant like it's COVID in 2020 and no one was vaccinated and we barely had effective treatments.
    +1

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    pjhawks said:
    I agree BUT tons of shows and events are getting cancelled. So while I agree, I also feel there’s a very real possibility of cancellations and/or postponements 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    Brian Fallon just canceled first 2 weeks of his tour.  Made it very clear that it was his choice and his choice only.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    CO278952 said:
    Thread should be closed
    Easy to social distance there.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    edited December 2021
    for gods sake, if your not comfortable don't go. How hard is that. This is life now, deal with it. Enough of the world is coming to an end crap. Its a fricken virus that's hear to stay. It will be here in feb, march and so on. Adjust accordingly and move on. So over this crap, its not 2020. Those who want to be vaxed have and those who don't wont. So hear we are. Arguing is pointless at this point. Living life like this is now the way its going to be so lets just do it!
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    pjhawks said:
    +1000
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Follow protocols, hope for the best

that simple 
This discussion has been closed.