How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    Not sure if the whole tour will get cancelled/postponed, but I can see the tour dates shifted in reverse order, or the NY/NJ shows postponed all together. That's not doom & gloom: that's reality.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,668
    TH113769 said:
     use some common sense and not let certain government officials who have a vested interest in keeping people scared.  
    The rest of your post is logical and true, but this is always a silly and cynical take.

• TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    TH113769 said:
     use some common sense and not let certain government officials who have a vested interest in keeping people scared.  
    The rest of your post is logical and true, but this is always a silly and cynical take.

At a minimum it would be nice if our government officials would give us factual data about the virus so people can make informed decisions given their own risk profile.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92
    TH113769 said:
    Per data models which have been very accurate in the past, omicron has peaked in NYC as of toady (12/27) and will peak nationwide as of 1/9/22.  The tour is not getting postponed.  The stock market, which is always forward looking, is at all time highs projecting minimal economic slowing.  Live Nation stock is through the roof - if there was going to be some mass tour cancellations it would be reflected in their stock price. I really feel bad for all the doomsday people who watch certain news networks 24 X 7 who were the same people saying even Ohana wouldn't happen.  Look at data on outcomes (versus cases), especially if you are vaccinated, and if you still think you should live in your basement well that is your right, but the health threat of this virus to vaccinated and boosted people so extremely minimal its time to use some common sense and not let certain government officials who have a vested interest in keeping people scared.  Again, for those who want to stay home, please do - more tickets and better seats for me.  Happy New Year and cheers to seeing at least 20 PJ / ED shows in 2022!
    Well said.  I don't think this post is "cringey" or "ignorant".  It's crazy that people can't have a different opinion about something without being attacked personally.  Now that's ignorant, in my opinion.
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? 
    The government controls their citizens in many ways, fear being one of them. I don't care what country you live in, never fully trust your government. In the US, this current "celebrity" status of our government officials is troubling, and the way people are blindly following party lines is scary. THINK for yourselves, and much like a documentary, don't believe everything the entertainment news feeds you. 

I have been to indoor and outdoor events, amusement parks, vacations, airports, and go to work in an office every day, have my kids participate in school, and shop in stores, and I follow the common sense things that has been consistent through the pandemic: wear my mask indoors, give people space, and wash my hands. I got the vaccines, and I have never felt like I have been exposed to the virus because I take these precautions. 

So go to these shows, have fun, and do what makes you feel safe. If that means staying home, then do it. But life comes at you once, so don't live in fear because your "leaders" told you to do something. You know how this works by now, its been two years. 
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    hihobibo said:
    The government controls their citizens in many ways, fear being one of them. I don't care what country you live in, never fully trust your government. In the US, this current "celebrity" status of our government officials is troubling, and the way people are blindly following party lines is scary. THINK for yourselves, and much like a documentary, don't believe everything the entertainment news feeds you. 

I have been to indoor and outdoor events, amusement parks, vacations, airports, and go to work in an office every day, have my kids participate in school, and shop in stores, and I follow the common sense things that has been consistent through the pandemic: wear my mask indoors, give people space, and wash my hands. I got the vaccines, and I have never felt like I have been exposed to the virus because I take these precautions. 

So go to these shows, have fun, and do what makes you feel safe. If that means staying home, then do it. But life comes at you once, so don't live in fear because your "leaders" told you to do something. You know how this works by now, its been two years. 
    Fauci definitely has a vested interest and the big pharma lobby has major influence in DC.  Politicians also love control, and once you have control its very hard to give that up.  The government should be mass publicizing the data on outcomes by age group, vax status, and pre-existing conditions, therefore people can decide their own risk with real data.  There should also be a discussion on how healthy lifestyles greatly mitigate the severity of Covid.  Instead it is get vaccinated or "death and destruction awaits you" (actual White House statement).  I'm double vaxed plus boosted (and very pro-vax), but that statement from our government is just not true and made to instill fear.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • WesC said:
    TH113769 said:
    Per data models which have been very accurate in the past, omicron has peaked in NYC as of toady (12/27) and will peak nationwide as of 1/9/22.  The tour is not getting postponed.  The stock market, which is always forward looking, is at all time highs projecting minimal economic slowing.  Live Nation stock is through the roof - if there was going to be some mass tour cancellations it would be reflected in their stock price. I really feel bad for all the doomsday people who watch certain news networks 24 X 7 who were the same people saying even Ohana wouldn't happen.  Look at data on outcomes (versus cases), especially if you are vaccinated, and if you still think you should live in your basement well that is your right, but the health threat of this virus to vaccinated and boosted people so extremely minimal its time to use some common sense and not let certain government officials who have a vested interest in keeping people scared.  Again, for those who want to stay home, please do - more tickets and better seats for me.  Happy New Year and cheers to seeing at least 20 PJ / ED shows in 2022!
    Well said.  I don't think this post is "cringey" or "ignorant".  It's crazy that people can't have a different opinion about something without being attacked personally.  Now that's ignorant, in my opinion.
    Who was personally attacked? Read my post again. Read and comprehend then reply. 
  • Honestly, what I want to know is where the hell this "people are still hiding in their basement" mindset is coming from. OANN? Fox? InfoWars?

I've been out and about for the vast majority of the year in crowds.

Yes. We were supposed to stay home last year. Is this just another case of conservatives being behind the times? Many of them were the ones who got upset when Hillary wore pants and who get upset with things like gender-neutral lifestyles. So maybe it is conservative hype that "OMGZ! People are still scaredy-cats!"

Because everyone was a bit protective. Last fucking year.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    TH113769 said:
    hihobibo said:

Fauci definitely has a vested interest and the big pharma lobby has major influence in DC.  Politicians also love control, and once you have control its very hard to give that up.  The government should be mass publicizing the data on outcomes by age group, vax status, and pre-existing conditions, therefore people can decide their own risk with real data.  There should also be a discussion on how healthy lifestyles greatly mitigate the severity of Covid.  Instead it is get vaccinated or "death and destruction awaits you" (actual White House statement).  I'm double vaxed plus boosted (and very pro-vax), but that statement from our government is just not true and made to instill fear.  
    All of that info is published by the government, and that is not an "actual White House statement." 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • maybe he'll postpone on the 10th?
  • NewJPage said:
    TH113769 said:
    hihobibo said:

All of that info is published by the government, and that is not an "actual White House statement." 
    Fauci has a vested interest because he’s trying to save lives and end the pandemic. All the other garbage is just ur Fox new bs. Do your part, get vaccinated, stay home if ur sick, wear a mask. Not too hard but too many morons out there so we’re stuck in the unknown. The selfish and unvaccinated are the reason we are  stuck in this pandemic. But go see your concert. Hope they play Even Flow for you. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    I think there is a chance it could be postponed depending on the data in each metropolitan area. They will wait to make a decision until much closer to showtime.  All we can do is hurry up and wait.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    NewJPage said:
    TH113769 said:
    hihobibo said:

Fauci has a vested interest because he’s trying to save lives and end the pandemic. All the other garbage is just ur Fox new bs. Do your part, get vaccinated, stay home if ur sick, wear a mask. Not too hard but too many morons out there so we’re stuck in the unknown. The selfish and unvaccinated are the reason we are  stuck in this pandemic. But go see your concert. Hope they play Even Flow for you. 
    Please put me down for this even flow:
    https://youtu.be/-bMxGBdApeo
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    TH113769 said:
    TH113769 said:

At a minimum it would be nice if our government officials would give us factual data about the virus so people can make informed decisions given their own risk profile.  
    What data do we not have access to? 
    The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    It’s still going because of the unvaccinated. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited December 2021
    The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    The pandemic is going strong because it is a highly contagious virus.  Staying home for a month only delays the inevitable spread when things open back up.  

The unvaccinated have made their choice.  The vaccinated have made their choice.  

Unless we think people are magically going to get vaccinated after all this time, it is time to move forward living in the Covid era.  We basically already have been since March 2021.  It doesn’t appear that Omicron is all that dangerous. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • The govt has a vested interest in keeping people scared? Your post is cringey at best. Maybe the reason the pandemic is going strong is because of these mass gatherings and people being in these indoor tight spaces. I’m glad your happy about having better seats at a show, but there is bigger priorities right now, like trying to keep people alive. Your post comes across as ignorant. You got fools using fake vaccine cards and don’t give 2 shits if they infect anyone. 
    The pandemic is going strong because it is a highly contagious virus.  Staying home for a month only delays the inevitable spread when things open back up.  

The unvaccinated have made their choice.  The vaccinated have made their choice.  

Unless we think people are magically going to get vaccinated after all this time, it is time to move forward living in the Covid era.  We basically already have been since March 2021.  It doesn’t appear that Omicron is all that dangerous. 
    Wrong. It’s going strong because of the unvaccinated. Plenty of facts from the govt to back that statement up.
  • My buddy was like “who is this Fauci guy, I never heard of him before Covid?”

I’m like “did anyone know of Dustin Hoffman’s character in Outbreak before the Outbreak?” 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    My buddy was like “who is this Fauci guy, I never heard of him before Covid?”

I’m like “did anyone know of Dustin Hoffman’s character in Outbreak before the Outbreak?” 
    Fauci was the lead doctor in charge of the AIDS epidemic in the mid 80’s 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 461
    It may happen, but find it difficult that events will be postponed again. There is a decent path forward to protect those who want to attend events. While there are individuals that may falsify information, that has always been the case. 

Hopefully those who attend, me included, take proper precautions and accept the risks of attending. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,316

Wrong. It’s going strong because of the unvaccinated. Plenty of facts from the govt to back that statement up.
    Yes. The vaccinated definitely haven’t caught and spread the virus. 🙄. This attitude is nonsense honestly. I’m fully vaccinated since March and boosted. 
    nicknyr15 said:

Yes. The vaccinated definitely haven’t caught and spread the virus. 🙄. This attitude is nonsense honestly. I’m fully vaccinated since March and boosted. 
    Vaccinated people are much less likely to get it and spread. They also make mutations less likely. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,316
    edited December 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

Vaccinated people are much less likely to get it and spread. They also make mutations less likely. 
    Unless the whole world collectively gets vaccinated, then it means nothing honestly. I live in NYC. We have the strictest mandates and still had over 38k cases in one day. 100% vaccinated was never a realistic goal. Anti vaxers existed long before trump and Covid. So what’s the endgame? How do we get past this? 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Hugh Jackman has Covid 😭 hope no one has Music Man tickets 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    Bullshit.  The vaccine doesn’t work they way they originally said. Lowers risk of hospitalization and death. Does not stop the spread. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Bullshit.  The vaccine doesn’t work they way they originally said. Lowers risk of hospitalization and death. Does not stop the spread. 
    The original hope was it would be 75% effective. It works much better that expected. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    edited December 2021
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unless the whole world collectively gets vaccinated, then it means nothing honestly. I live in NYC. We have the strictest mandates and still had over 38k cases in one day. 100% vaccinated was never a realistic goal. Anti vaxers existed long before trump and Covid. So what’s the endgame? How do we get past this? 
    Why would having way fewer people dying mean nothing? Or do you mean relative to restrictions? 100% vaccinated isn’t the goal, and we get past this by way of more people being immune combined with the virus mutating to a weaker version of itself, which is what’s happening right now. 
    It reduces spread. Efficacy was never said to be 100%. 
This discussion has been closed.