Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. 
    Hopefully this $200 "meat" comes with the usual Bernie Bro rant for added effect
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181

PJ_Soul said:
    I want to go for Seattle, and I had my finger hovering over the submit button with my requests..... and then I remembered that I could be subject to all kinds of problems trying to cross the border at that time. I'm not prepared to have to be tested or quarantined to make one of these shows, and who knows what the requirements might be in February. I feel like COVID is making it too risky for me to plan for this. And I'd be SO BUMMED that EV isn't hopping up to Vancouver, except if it even occurred to him, I'm sure he's concerned about the very same issues for him and his band and crew. Dammit.

As for the pricing... yep, that is STEEP. But he's still $100 cheaper than McCartney for decent seats, lol.
    Yah, I'm nervous about that part.  Right now from my understanding, you don't need a test to enter the US if your double vaxxed.  If your returning I don't think you need one if you were in the US for less than 72 hours.  If we took the ferry over and drove down on the Monday and back on the Wednesday that would only be 48 hours.  Just enough to bring back some US booze :)

Obviously things could change before then.  The fact we can flip the tickets on F2F should make it easy to dispose of tickets should something come up.   I'll have to make sure whatever hotel we book is refundable.

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    bbiggs said:
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. 
    There are no hot dogs available.  If they were, I'd be scarfing one down, Chicago style.

Yessir! 
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    PJammin said:
    Hopefully this $200 "meat" comes with the usual Bernie Bro rant for added effect
    Hahaha-----you know we'll all get a healthy serving of a political rant. That's a given even when DC is running smooth. 
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 201
    nycmale said:
    For anyone who completed the process, where do you enter your charge card info in? I just see name and address but I dont see where you can add your actual CC info. Thanks!!
    Hit next and it will ask for credit card.
    Thank you
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. You'll probably find Liam Gallagher there mumbling to himself.
    There’s better steak dinners for much less. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Honestly, the money my family has laid out over the years at NJPAC to get one of these better freaking pay off right about now.

I'll know in a day or so if I'm in.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    goblues82 said:
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. You'll probably find Liam Gallagher there mumbling to himself.
    There’s better steak dinners for much less. 
    Agreed
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited December 2021
    Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I want to go for Seattle, and I had my finger hovering over the submit button with my requests..... and then I remembered that I could be subject to all kinds of problems trying to cross the border at that time. I'm not prepared to have to be tested or quarantined to make one of these shows, and who knows what the requirements might be in February. I feel like COVID is making it too risky for me to plan for this. And I'd be SO BUMMED that EV isn't hopping up to Vancouver, except if it even occurred to him, I'm sure he's concerned about the very same issues for him and his band and crew. Dammit.

As for the pricing... yep, that is STEEP. But he's still $100 cheaper than McCartney for decent seats, lol.
    Yah, I'm nervous about that part.  Right now from my understanding, you don't need a test to enter the US if your double vaxxed.  If your returning I don't think you need one if you were in the US for less than 72 hours.  If we took the ferry over and drove down on the Monday and back on the Wednesday that would only be 48 hours.  Just enough to bring back some US booze :)

Obviously things could change before then.  The fact we can flip the tickets on F2F should make it easy to dispose of tickets should something come up.   I'll have to make sure whatever hotel we book is refundable.

Yes, those are the rules now, and it would be perfect if the shows were now, lol. But indeed, I'm concerned about things changing, especially with this new mutated strain making new waves and creating new restrictions in many places. I understand taking the risk... I'm just not much of a gambler. Of course, it could go the other way, and everything could be easy peasy by then... but missing a show due to an abundance of caution sounds better to me than making out-of-country travel plans that could easily be ruined, plus non-transferable tickets, because of a pandemic. Apparently I'm sticking with home shows only for now!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    FWIW - Hootie getting $254 for a front row Loge seat at Chicago Theater next March for comparison. Is he still country or is he doing Hootie songs again to fetch this price?  It's sucks that it's all so expensive but it just is. If the artist is able to command that price then they'll ask for it. Thalia Hall is my favorite venue now. I LOVE sitting upstairs there and sipping a beer while catching some great live acts for reasonable prices. It's the route I go now because it's more reasonable. I've got 3 kids. No way I'm sneaking away in the middle of the week for a $650 night out. Luckily I've seen Ed live at Auditorium Theater before a couple times so at least I've got those memories. 
    Post edited by PJammin on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    PJ_Soul said:

Paul can’t really be compared to Eddie playing mostly songs we’ve never heard. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    $475 for a pair of tickets to see Ed with his lesser side band is outrageous. Hard pass. Thank you for not playing Boston. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    $475 for a pair of tickets to see Ed with his lesser side band is outrageous. Hard pass. Thank you for not playing Boston. 
    +1

The Mrs. prefers Eddie solo, I prefer the whole band. (granted, that was when it was just him, & we had second row at the Bushnell in Hartford; she might feel different with an entire band backing him) 

Regardless, Boston not being on the schedule makes for a much easier decision. 
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Lol, I guess there will be a lot of empty seats.  
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    The Chicago show has a capacity of 3800.  I’d say the price is more than fair for the crew and show that will be there.  

Good luck getting tickets, for those not crying about the prices.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:
    +1

The Mrs. prefers Eddie solo, I prefer the whole band. (granted, that was when it was just him, & we had second row at the Bushnell in Hartford; she might feel different with an entire band backing him) 

Yep. I loved the five Ed solo shows I've seen, but this is with some ragtag side band. Never thought there would be an Ed tour that didn't interest me but here we are. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    I put in for two shows.  Fingers crossed I get one.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    +1

Yep. I loved the five Ed solo shows I've seen, but this is with some ragtag side band. Never thought there would be an Ed tour that didn't interest me but here we are. 
    This. An Ed solo show is preferable to what he did at Ohana. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    mcgruff10 said:
    We are talking about the ticketmaster site pull downs right? Not ON 10club site?
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    After I hit submit it will ask for credit card? Because it's only asking for name and address so far
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 201
    After I hit submit it will ask for credit card? Because it's only asking for name and address so far
    Yes
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, those are the rules now, and it would be perfect if the shows were now, lol. But indeed, I'm concerned about things changing, especially with this new mutated strain making new waves and creating new restrictions in many places. I understand taking the risk... I'm just not much of a gambler. Of course, it could go the other way, and everything could be easy peasy by then... but missing a show due to an abundance of caution sounds better to me than making out-of-country travel plans that could easily be ruined, plus non-transferable tickets, because of a pandemic. Apparently I'm sticking with home shows only for now!
    Where did you see no more tests to get into USA from Canada for short trips? I thought it was only return you didn’t need as long as you aren’t gone more than 72 hours?
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    We are talking about the ticketmaster site pull downs right? Not ON 10club site?
    Correct.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    Thanks. I'm wondering if I should modify, remove 2nd choice, and choose that one with my wifes account.

Is seniority a factor?
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    Thanks. I'm wondering if I should modify, remove 2nd choice, and choose that one with my wifes account.

Is seniority a factor?
    Tickets are not seniority based as per the email
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited December 2021
    I’m fine with the prices and they are completely expected to be honest.  I’ve realized that Pearl Jam and EV are a business first, second and third, realized this years ago.  

It’s been a long time since “fighting the big man” has been a reality.  And honestly, everyone else is doing it, I certainly don’t blame them for having a business first mentality.  I just wish they wouldn’t act like such world peace and fairness warriors all the time.  Eddie writing a song called “The Haves” honestly made me laugh out loud.  It’s like a vegan activist selling tickets to an exclusive BBQ festival.

This whole idea that “PJ cares about their FANS MORE than ANYONE else” and “PJ is special they don’t care about money” is just such a false thought.  I’m sure it was true at one point. But times change, industries change, etc.  And again, can’t blame them at all, and I’ll continue to pay 300 a pair to see them, since that is the business now. 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Ugh, all the clamoring, hard core on this forum, for a tour. Practically begging, like you're life isn't the same without seeing the band. Now you get one and you don't like the ticket prices. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    edited December 2021
    Put in for the 4 NYC and SEA shows, pairs, wife may bail on a show, so might be looking for seat buddies as we can only be confirmed for 1 SEA and NYC show, if any at all.
    Post edited by dmbolp on
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited December 2021
    I get the sticker shock. That said, it's a sign of the times. Tickets to see Bon Iver at the YouTube Theater (same place Eddie is playing in LA -- best acoustics I have EVER heard in any venue, by the way) in October ran as high as $250 (I paid $100 to sit in the mezzanine level). Foo Fighters were comparatively affordable at $130 a ticket, RHCP $195. It does bear mentioning that there will be cheaper seats for those who don't mind sitting further back, as the tiered system seems to be pretty much a given these days.

I have a friend who has a pretty important role at a medium-sized LA venue and she told me that the venues have a say in ticket pricing, along with the artist, manager, promoter, ticketing agency, etc. Given the massive amount of losses venues took on during the live-music hiatus and how in-demand they are now with a ton of artists looking to squeeze in shows while they can, it wouldn't be surprising if these price hikes were due in part to venues -- and everyone else who has a hand in the pot -- simply asking for more.

It sucks, but I don't think prices are going down anytime soon. I'm going to try for the EV tickets and will probably have to sacrifice going to another show that I'm interested in to make up for it. 
    Post edited by walkunafraid on
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    It’s fine to be upset about the high ticket prices, especially if it puts the show out of your range. And it would be nice if they had 10C options at the lower price tiers - really not sure why they wouldn’t do that. 

But this is a limited tour in small venues with an “All Star” band. I’d hold off on a larger freak out until we see $200 fan club tickets for Pearl Jam arena shows.