Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    requested San Diego and LA. The San Diego show is actually in El Cajon were I live. I cant believe EV is playing 5 minutes from my house, WTF? No way this is true, haha!

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    Get_Right said:
    It is not an Ed solo show.  It is Ed and half the Chili Peppers in small venues and in large metro areas.  But I agree $250 a ticket is a bit steep. 
    I’d prefer just Ed
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Remember when PJ canceled a whole tour because they couldn’t keep tickets under $20 for the fans. 

A distant past. 

Or maybe they know 30 years later some of us have more disposable income. 
    Not sure I fight the same battles I was fighting 27 years ago. I guess EV has the right to do the same. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    on2legs said:
    static111 said:
    TM says prices will be subject to dynamic pricing. Bernie is going to pissed.
    WTF is dynamic pricing?
    The less tickets remaining for sale the higher the price goes. 
    GTFO  lol wow. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Could be a harbinger of ticket prices moving forward. 

- Musicians and venues lost over an entire year of business. 
    - The cost of doing the business of events has to be higher. Labor (and finding labor); insurance must be higher; and now with inflation… everything is more expensive. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    It is not an Ed solo show.  It is Ed and half the Chili Peppers in small venues and in large metro areas.  But I agree $250 a ticket is a bit steep. 
    I’d prefer just Ed
    Right? Half the Chili Peppers should bring the prices down a bit.  :D 
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 321
    When you wake up, it just might be
    The first of many blows that you'll receive
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    static111 said:
    WTF is dynamic pricing?

It's that whole icky supply/demand thing we like to rail against.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    I put it for Night 2 Seattle tickets.  I'll get my wife to put in for night 1.  Fingers crossed.  Would love to see a show or two.

As for the prices.  Meh, I paid more to see GNR in Seattle 5 years ago, and to see the Stones in Seattle 2 years ago.   They're small venues, so I guess it makes a little sense?

I have been curious what was going to happen to ticket prices after artists haven't been able to tour for 2 years.
    Smaller venue bigger price makes sense to me. I think the average show here is like 3500 people if that. 
    … then play larger venues…
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    WTF is dynamic pricing?

It's that whole icky supply/demand thing we like to rail against.
    That is not really a supply and demand situation.  Its manufactured price gouging.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    FWIW.....Nick Cave getting $393 for an orchestra seat at Auditorium Theater......Nick F'ing Cave. Previous Ed shows were just Ed and a couple guitars. He's now employed a full band. Tix are never going to get cheaper.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    DM282158 said:

- The cost of doing the business of events has to be higher. Labor (and finding labor); insurance must be higher; and now with inflation… everything is more expensive. 
    It's a weak argument when you look at Foo Fighters playing stadiums and charging $40 for nosebleeds and $130 for GA right in front of the stage.

I've been to 4 concerts since things opened up and prices have been pretty close to normal. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Get_Right said:
    I’d prefer just Ed

Glen Hansard is a real treat to see too though. That is an opener that has to be seen, and he definitely adds to an EV show too IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Yeah, I'm in the camp that these prices are nonsense.  Others can find ways to justify it all that they want.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    DM282158 said:

It's a weak argument when you look at Foo Fighters playing stadiums and charging $40 for nosebleeds and $130 for GA right in front of the stage.

I've been to 4 concerts since things opened up and prices have been pretty close to normal. 
    🤷‍♂️  Fair enough. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Hey Nick Cave is amazing

this is what tickets are going to be for this level of artist, and like most of these ticket price complaints people only talk about the most expensive tickets and ignore that there will be cheaper tickets.

my wife does events for a living the cost on putting in any event right now is insane.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Get_Right said:
    I’d prefer just Ed

Glen Hansard is a real treat to see too though. That is an opener that has to be seen, and he definitely adds to an EV show too IMO.
    Forget Glen Hansard, it’s gonna have to be the ghost of Glen Frey to justify these prices…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    goblues82 said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    I put it for Night 2 Seattle tickets.  I'll get my wife to put in for night 1.  Fingers crossed.  Would love to see a show or two.

As for the prices.  Meh, I paid more to see GNR in Seattle 5 years ago, and to see the Stones in Seattle 2 years ago.   They're small venues, so I guess it makes a little sense?

I have been curious what was going to happen to ticket prices after artists haven't been able to tour for 2 years.
    Smaller venue bigger price makes sense to me. I think the average show here is like 3500 people if that. 

Larger venues don't suit an EV show at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    goblues82 said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

And $240 tickets does? 
  • Options
    $240 per ticket?

That's a hard pass. Especially if Chad Smith is drumming.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    $240 per ticket?

That's a hard pass. Especially if Chad Smith is drumming.
    Rather have Will Ferrell! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    goblues82 said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

I agree if this was one man band Ed. This is Ed fronting a full on rock band. Bigger venues would suit them just fine. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    PJammin said:
    FWIW.....Nick Cave getting $393 for an orchestra seat at Auditorium Theater......Nick F'ing Cave. Previous Ed shows were just Ed and a couple guitars. He's now employed a full band. Tix are never going to get cheaper.
    I paid $76 face for a My Morning Jacket orchestra ticket there a month ago. It's not a venue thing, it's a decision made by the artist / management.
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 54
    GO TO TEN CLUB
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    nycmale said:
    For anyone who completed the process, where do you enter your charge card info in? I just see name and address but I dont see where you can add your actual CC info. Thanks!!
    Hit next and it will ask for credit card.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    How many of us don’t even really like the singles but are still going on faith alone? 

The day I leave disappointed from a show is the day I’ll stop buying.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Remember when PJ canceled a whole tour because they couldn’t keep tickets under $20 for the fans. 

A distant past. 

Or maybe they know 30 years later some of us have more disposable income. 
    On the flipside didn't they break the record for most albums sold in a week not long before that? :)  Both things have changed.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. You'll probably find Liam Gallagher there mumbling to himself.
    Post edited by PJammin on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. 
    There are no hot dogs available.  If they were, I'd be scarfing one down, Chicago style.

• Options
    How many of us don’t even really like the singles but are still going on faith alone? 

The day I leave disappointed from a show is the day I’ll stop buying.
    "The day I leave disappointed from a show is the day I'll stop buying" - THIS IS IT!!! Been saying it since first show in '95 and haven't stopped me yet.