Options

Remembering BRAD

Comments

• Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    I haven’t listened to a lot of Brad over the years. Interiors - yes, a few of the singles at the time and I’m loving the new record! One record I’ve been checking out is United We Stand. To me it’s a real banger! I love it. More so than Interiors tbh. There are a few songs that really stand out for me. Some beautiful slower tracks, a few big riff rockers and some very good mid tempo pop rockers. 
    I have been listening to United We Stand nonstop these past couple of weeks.  For me, that's my favorite album, followed by Welcome To Discovery Park, then probably Interiors.   I do really like the new album a lot, but those three are just the cream of the crop for me....
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,990
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    I haven’t listened to a lot of Brad over the years. Interiors - yes, a few of the singles at the time and I’m loving the new record! One record I’ve been checking out is United We Stand. To me it’s a real banger! I love it. More so than Interiors tbh. There are a few songs that really stand out for me. Some beautiful slower tracks, a few big riff rockers and some very good mid tempo pop rockers. 
    As a brand new Brad fan, who is having a damn fun time listening to all the stuff Shawn was involved with, I can say that I agree that United We Stand is tops. It just barely inches out Shame and Interiors, but I think it is my fav, at the moment.

I still have not listened to the new album. It has been painful, but I want to wait until I have a full chunk of time to listen to it on vinyl before I stream. Hopefully I can carve out some time this weekend.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    As a brand new Brad fan, who is having a damn fun time listening to all the stuff Shawn was involved with, I can say that I agree that United We Stand is tops. It just barely inches out Shame and Interiors, but I think it is my fav, at the moment.

I still have not listened to the new album. It has been painful, but I want to wait until I have a full chunk of time to listen to it on vinyl before I stream. Hopefully I can carve out some time this weekend.
    Thoughts on Welcome To Discovery Park? That is my favorite LP of theirs. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968

It’s not one I’ve really checked out, so I still need to dive into that one and Best Friends. I bought Interiors all those years ago because it was a new release and Stone was in it. Hadn’t really checked out the rest. I love the new record so much that I thought I have to go back and check out the old stuff retrospectively. 
    From what I’ve heard I put the new record and United we Stand above Interiors and Shame, which to me sounds very 90s (if that makes any sense?). In the coming weeks I’ll check out the others mentioned above. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options

I really like that album. It's not my fav, at the moment, but I wouldn't argue with anyone about why it's theirs. Sometimes when I come across a band new to me, my favorites change over time. When I first got into the band Death, Scream Bloody Gore was my favorite album. Now, it is the Sound of Perseverance. Sometimes it takes a minute for things to settle.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279

Bit of a mess IMO. I remember reading an interview with Shawn and he alluded to the fact it didn't end up how he wanted. Pretty sure he mentioned how even his mum had said what happened to that album! Some good tracks on it, but it could have done with an edit.
  • Options
    4 down. 2 to go.

• Options
    One more to go.

• Options
    Nice!
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Wish Brad was able to release In The Moment That You're Born on CD. Maybe down the road they will change their mind.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    demetrios said:
    Wish Brad was able to release In The Moment That You're Born on CD. Maybe down the road they will change their mind.

This was definitely an odd decision. Maybe they wanted to see how the vinyl sold before committing to a large order of CDs. Wonder they could release a few more variants...
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 657
    demetrios said:
    I've wished the same from the very beginning that this was announced. It seems like there was some personal reason (family post, not specific), but I can't imagine what.
  • Options
    Thank you Easy Street! :) 

• Options
  • Options
    comradedazcomradedaz Australia Posts: 2
    edited October 2023
    New album is great. Was there a normal vinyl release for Shame?
  • Options
    New album is great. Was there a normal vinyl release for Shame?

Nope. Just white & pink. 
  • Options
    Without Guns is my favorite from this one. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    My favourite off the record is ..

• Options
    demetrios said:

Great choice D! Love that one too! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I'm gonna have to agree with you. It is a truly beautiful song.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    I think the whole album is great, but if I had to choose one,I  think I’d go with straight to the hoop. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited October 2023

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,350
    BrainofBGA said: It’s not one I’ve really checked out, so I still need to dive into that one and Best Friends?.
    Best Friends? is perfection! 
    https://youtu.be/YwyzkcG9Ht0?feature=shared
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,350
    KW6232 said:
    I think the whole album is great, but if I had to choose one,I  think I’d go with Straight To The Hoop. 
    +1
    https://youtu.be/O2llvwvGWzY?feature=shared
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024