Options

Remembering BRAD

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Got a different variant of the F!RES record with Shawn Smith. Will post a pic when I figure out how.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    Got a different variant of the F!RES record with Shawn Smith. Will post a pic when I figure out how.
    Cool

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    https://fb.watch/lbXDnk7fRN/?mibextid=Nif5oz

BRAD release new single and video today from their final project “Hey Now What’s The Problem?” 🎥 @reganriot

New album ‘In The Moment That You’re Born’ available July 28, 2023. Pre-order the vinyl now. Link in bio!
  • Options
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    demetrios said:
    https://fb.watch/lbXDnk7fRN/?mibextid=Nif5oz

BRAD release new single and video today from their final project “Hey Now What’s The Problem?” 🎥 @reganriot

New album ‘In The Moment That You’re Born’ available July 28, 2023. Pre-order the vinyl now. Link in bio!
    Oh hell yeah! That songs kicks!
  • Options
    BRAD: Hear STONE GOSSARD-helmed band's new song "Hey Now What's the Problem" Off
    Seattle veterans' first album in over 10 years

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Very cool that he confirmed new pressings of the rest of the Brad catalog. I feel like I learned a lot in that short interview. Thanks for posting.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Very cool that he confirmed new pressings of the rest of the Brad catalog. I feel like I learned a lot in that short interview. Thanks for posting.

Of course. 2023 is gonna be a very expensive Loosegroove Records Experience. 
  • Options
    Brad share horror film-inspired video for Hey Now What’s The Problem? https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/brad-share-horror-film-inspired-video-for-hey-now-whats-the-problem/

The sinister clip, directed by Regan Hagar, includes footage from numerous classic horror movies such as The Shining, The Exorcist, Carrie and The Evil Dead. Hey Now What’s The Problem? video is now available on YouTube.

Brad’s final album, In The Moment That You’re Born, will be out on July 28th,2023 via Loosegroove Records.

• Options
    demetrios said:

Brad’s final album, In The Moment That You’re Born, will be out on July 28th,2023 via Loosegroove Records.

One month till release date.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

One month till release date.
    HELL YES.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    edited June 2023
    Shawn Smith sent me this maybe 10 or so years ago. Maybe longer. We talked a few times back and forth online about the time I saw Brad in 1997 in St Pete, FL, and just music in general. He remembered the show because they built the tour through central FL so he could see his mom. Super nice guy. He offered to sign something for me. I have a Brad poster that would look great signed, but he told me that he didn’t see the rest of the band often unless they were going to jam, and he didn’t want to hold onto my poster for weeks, so he sent me this photo, which if I’m remember correctly he told me it’s from the Interiors or Welcome to Discovery Park sessions and it’s the only copy. “The is Odie” at the top was written by his son (I think he said it was his son, maybe daughter?) because that’s what he called Shawn, “Odie”. He said his son saw everyone had signed it so he decided to write on it too. Pretty incredible. What a special person Shawn was. 
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Very cool! Matt - What's the story behind this? Your picture inspired me to dig mine up.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Shawn Smith sent me this maybe 10 or so years ago. Maybe longer. We talked a few times back and forth online about the time I saw Brad in 1997 in St Pete, FL, and just music in general. He remembered the show because they built the tour through central FL so he could see his mom. Super nice guy. He offered to sign something for me. I have a Brad poster that would look great signed, but he told me that he didn’t see the rest of the band often unless they were going to jam, and he didn’t want to hold onto my poster for weeks, so he sent me this photo, which if I’m remember correctly he told me it’s from the Interiors or Welcome to Discovery Park sessions and it’s the only copy. “The is Odie” at the top was written by his son (I think he said it was his son, maybe daughter?) because that’s what he called Shawn, “Odie”. He said his son saw everyone had signed it so he decided to write on it too. Pretty incredible. What a special person Shawn was. 
    That is awesome, Roger!!!

LukinFan said:
    mfc2006 said:

Very cool! Matt - What's the story behind this? Your picture inspired me to dig mine up.
    Shawn was a truly awesome guy. I met him in Portland before his show at Dante's and we hit it off. We just talked about music for 30-40 minutes and he was sincerely interested in my music when I said I wrote/played as well. So much so, that he gave me his email and told me to reach out if I had any questions. Well, I decided to send him a few songs that I had been working on and he sent back some feedback and asked when I was planning to get into a studio. He said he could make some calls around spots in Seattle to see if he could get me some time. Long story short, I was floored. One of the songs that he gave feedback on is the only solo single I've widely released because he said to leave it alone. It was definitely done. That's the song called "See It All" that you can find on Apple, Spotify, etc.

Back to your question about the poster - after the show at Dante's, I mentioned here on the board that I regretted not asking him to sign anything & it felt odd to ask him after we'd been communicating via email. (He was trying to figure out a timeline so he could advise/produce & maybe even sing on the album) In any case, someone pm'd me saying that they had this poster and I immediately bought it from them. Maybe $75? Not sure...but worth every penny.

Brad is not a side project for me. They are easily one of my all-time favorite bands & Shawn's music has had a profound impact on my life.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:
    That is awesome, Roger!!!

LukinFan said:
    mfc2006 said:

Shawn was a truly awesome guy. I met him in Portland before his show at Dante's and we hit it off. We just talked about music for 30-40 minutes and he was sincerely interested in my music when I said I wrote/played as well. So much so, that he gave me his email and told me to reach out if I had any questions. Well, I decided to send him a few songs that I had been working on and he sent back some feedback and asked when I was planning to get into a studio. He said he could make some calls around spots in Seattle to see if he could get me some time. Long story short, I was floored. One of the songs that he gave feedback on is the only solo single I've widely released because he said to leave it alone. It was definitely done. That's the song called "See It All" that you can find on Apple, Spotify, etc.

Back to your question about the poster - after the show at Dante's, I mentioned here on the board that I regretted not asking him to sign anything & it felt odd to ask him after we'd been communicating via email. (He was trying to figure out a timeline so he could advise/produce & maybe even sing on the album) In any case, someone pm'd me saying that they had this poster and I immediately bought it from them. Maybe $75? Not sure...but worth every penny.

Brad is not a side project for me. They are easily one of my all-time favorite bands & Shawn's music has had a profound impact on my life.

That is pretty incredible, Matt. Wow! Shawn really was the best. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:

Wow dude!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Loving all of the signed stuff and stories. Jealous!
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    mfc2006 said:

I own this design on a Brad's t-shirt :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Loving all of the signed stuff and stories. Jealous!

Same.
  • Options
    Spain .. https://www.blackvinylrecordsspain.com/en/products/brad-in-the-moment-that-youre-born-lp

Euro stores are finally taking pre orders on the new album. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2023

Brad from the album In The Moment That You're Born 
    Directed by Regan Hagar

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Digging the love this little thread has received. ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com