Options

Remembering BRAD

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    LukinFan said:
    Anyone know anything about a maroon variant of Shame?
    LukinFan said:
    Anyone know anything about a maroon variant of Shame?
    It is the Vine(yl) variant for wine club members. I don't have this one, but I have the F!RES wine club variant.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Wine club? Interesting. Thanks for the info 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    So that's six 2023 vinyl variants of Brad's Shame.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    I am still waiting for my delivery from Brooklyn Vegan of Shame and the new release, but I have been listening to the new release on Apple Music all weekend. It is great! Stone, Regan and the team did right by Shawn with this release. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    It was a hard listen. I found myself excited then heartbroken and back again. What a final ride from these guys. I got my copy from Electric Fetus today & plan on blaring this. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 632
    It was a hard listen. I found myself excited then heartbroken and back again. What a final ride from these guys. I got my copy from Electric Fetus today & plan on blaring this. 
    💙🩵🫠

Was hoping they would change their mind and put it out on CD, my turntable is not good. One way or another, got to have it. I'm sure from what I've already heard, that my reaction will be similar...
  • Options

Albums Of The Week: Brad | In the Moment That You’re Born

Four years after the unexpected death of singer Shawn Smith, Stone Gossard & his Seattle bandmates regroup to finish this collection of darkly moody indie-rockers.

https://tinnitist.com/2023/07/28/albums-of-the-week-brad-in-the-moment-that-youre-born/

• Options
    With no official CD release of In the Moment That You’re Born, how about a 24Bit Flac-HD release?
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    Boy, I really like this new record. The opening track just gets better with every listen! 🔥 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    This record is an absolute banger - it sounds as if they're playing their hearts out and features some of the best playing from each and every one of them....but man, Shawn's vocals on 'Straight to the hoop' - they cut deep!

Such a loss, but such a body of work to enjoy for many years to come.
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    This record is an absolute banger - it sounds as if they're playing their hearts out and features some of the best playing from each and every one of them....but man, Shawn's vocals on 'Straight to the hoop' - they cut deep!

Such a loss, but such a body of work to enjoy for many years to come.
    Straight to the Hoop is one of my favorites. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    The lyric from Meadow in Autumn "The moral of the story is treat your people well
    Give thanks to those around us, ’cause you never can tell
    When the trouble come to us there won't be time to play." Damn  
  • Options
    Loving it from start to finish. A banger indeed. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Has anyone in Canada find any of the indie release of Brad's Shame & In the Moment That You're Born locally?

I'm still waiting from various USA record stores who have said they haven't received their stock in yet.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone in Canada find any of the indie release of Brad's Shame & In the Moment That You're Born locally?

I'm still waiting from various USA record stores who have said they haven't received their stock in yet.
    Got mine from Electric Fetus a few weeks ago. The Monday after release day. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Got mine from Electric Fetus a few weeks ago. The Monday after release day. 

I had a pre order set with Rough Trade US for months. They still haven't received any copies. They updated their item pages with "notify me".  Cancelled with them and went with Good Records To Go. They have both indie editions in stock. Shipped out the other day.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

BRAD - In The Moment That You're Born

August 15, 2023

(Loosegroove)

Greg Prato

Rating: 8.5

https://bravewords.com/reviews/brad-in-the-moment-that-you-re-born

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    It may be recency bias - but I love this album and put it behind shame but close to interiors.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    It may be recency bias - but I love this album and put it behind shame but close to interiors.  
    I can get on board with that - it feels like it's a composite of the best bits from all of their albums but with a strong 'Shame' vibe overall
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Just an FYI for those perhaps still waiting, received In the Moment on white vinyl and the 30th anniversary version of Shame on CD from Brooklyn Vegan today in Ontario, Canada.

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I haven’t listened to a lot of Brad over the years. Interiors - yes, a few of the singles at the time and I’m loving the new record! One record I’ve been checking out is United We Stand. To me it’s a real banger! I love it. More so than Interiors tbh. There are a few songs that really stand out for me. Some beautiful slower tracks, a few big riff rockers and some very good mid tempo pop rockers. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14