Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    a 6 year old's entire family was slaughtered in front of him trying to exchange some clothes he got for his birthday. 

who gives a fuck who he is affiliated with so we can blame the appropriate group. it's the fucking guns. 
    Why the hell did we spend years saying it was the white religious guy then?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    a 6 year old's entire family was slaughtered in front of him trying to exchange some clothes he got for his birthday. 

who gives a fuck who he is affiliated with so we can blame the appropriate group. it's the fucking guns. 
    I get it. I'm just in the anger phase of this pissing contest of "it wasn't MY team" after every fucking shooting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711

We’ll Never get past this. Unfortunately, the race and politics of the shooter is alway most important to
    both sides. Was he white? Yay! Was he not white? Yay! It’s disgusting. Again, division over solutions. 
  • Options

I get it. I'm just in the anger phase of this pissing contest of "it wasn't MY team" after every fucking shooting. 
    Totally agree. The media has fucked us to the point that it’s the first thing we all want to know.  Personally I am interested in the gang/cartel stuff because of where I live and it’s always on my mind.  Austin crime has been out of control for the last several years, my own daughter had a classmate OD on fentanyl a few months ago at her desk next to her, and just today I heard a good friend of hers that was missing for months was rescued from a human trafficking cartel bust and then promptly killed herself after being rescued.  So that’s where my desire stemmed from- if just like to know how much of what is going on around here on the daily is due to our border situation
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    But race and politics is relevant. When white GOP politicians are constantly posting photos/videos of themselves using assault weapons, showing family photos with their kids holding weapons, creating legislation that allows anyone who wants a gun to buy one, we have to take a look at all that shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    “Running away.” “Shadows.” Boo! ‘Murica, biggest country of pussies ever.

Louisiana man shoots girl playing hide-and-seek on his property, police say

A Louisiana man has been charged after police said he shot a 14-year-old girl in the back of the head after she had been playing hide-and-seek on his property.

The shooting occurred Sunday morning in Starks, La., a rural town of fewer than 700 people near the border with Texas. Officers from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office received reports of a shooting at a property there, the office said in a news release. When they arrived, they found the girl suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t life-threatening, the release said.

The release said children had been playing hide-and-seek in the area and hiding on David V. Doyle’s property. Doyle, 58, told officers he got his gun after seeing “shadows outside his home.”

Doyle “then advised detectives he went back outside and observed people running away from his property, at which time he began shooting at them and unknowingly hit the girl,” according to the release.

The incident is the latest in a string of U.S. shootings this year in which young people have been shot — some fatally — after mistakenly being in the wrong location.

Police arrested Doyle and charged him with aggravated battery, four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and illegal discharge of a firearm. He remained in custody Tuesday morning at the Calcasieu Correctional Center, with bond set at $300,000.

Last month, four similar shootings occurred in one week.

On April 13, Ralph Yarl was shot in the head by a homeowner in Kansas City, Mo., after he rang the doorbell, thinking it was the house where he was to pick up his younger twin brothers. Yarl, 16, was critically injured but survived.

Two days later, a man shot and killed 20-year-old Kaylin Gillis after she and her friends mistakenly pulled into his driveway in the town of Hebron in Upstate New York. The group was looking for a friend’s house.

Two young women also were shot in Texas — with one of them, 18-year-old Payton Washington, critically injured — after Washington got into the wrong car in a grocery store parking lot.

On the same day, a man shot 6-year-old Kinsley White and her parents in Gastonia, N.C. Carolyn Hilderbrand, the girl’s grandmother, told The Washington Post that the shooter became enraged when a basketball that children were playing with rolled into his yard.

In addition to gun violence affecting one, two or three victims, the United States has also logged more than 200 mass shootings this year — defined as incidents in which four or more people, not including the shooter, are injured or killed — according to a Washington Post tracker.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/05/09/louisiana-shooting-girl-hide-seek/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

If only there was one common denominator in all of these mass shootings.... 
  • Options
    But race and politics is relevant. When white GOP politicians are constantly posting photos/videos of themselves using assault weapons, showing family photos with their kids holding weapons, creating legislation that allows anyone who wants a gun to buy one, we have to take a look at all that shit.
    Agree- fuck those idiots.  I’m conservative but I don’t align with a ton of the stuff the gop does.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    nicknyr15 said:

We’ll Never get past this. Unfortunately, the race and politics of the shooter is alway most important to
    both sides. Was he white? Yay! Was he not white? Yay! It’s disgusting. Again, division over solutions. 
    While this is true to an extent, I think it's clear one said is waaaay more invested in the identity of the shooter than the real issue of gun control. Let's get serious now. Look at Marge Green's initial, false, tweet. Look at Fox "News'" coverage.

In this very thread-on this very morning, we have someone who is doing their own research on the guy's identity instead of choosing to believe what has actually been reported just because it doesn't fit the maga narrative. Instead on focusing on the real issue, he's knee deep in message board's dissecting the shooter's tattoos. By the end of the week the shooter will likely be a Trans Antifia FBI plant who played a role in rigging Kari Lake's governorship bid to a large portion of the country.  So let's be careful with the bothsidsing here.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Agree- fuck those idiots.  I’m conservative but I don’t align with a ton of the stuff the gop does.
    That should be a glaring sign for you that the GOP is flailing to stay alive. I'm glad you see through that.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    but culture is only one portion of the issue. pissing about which group is at fault is a distraction away from the real problem: the guns. 

I just hope to hell none of my American relatives are ever involved in one of these. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

Totally agree. The media has fucked us to the point that it’s the first thing we all want to know.  Personally I am interested in the gang/cartel stuff because of where I live and it’s always on my mind.  Austin crime has been out of control for the last several years, my own daughter had a classmate OD on fentanyl a few months ago at her desk next to her, and just today I heard a good friend of hers that was missing for months was rescued from a human trafficking cartel bust and then promptly killed herself after being rescued.  So that’s where my desire stemmed from- if just like to know how much of what is going on around here on the daily is due to our border situation
    it's the media's job to find out details of the whys and whens and wheres. it's not their job to sensationalize it (right wing media is worse for this than middle or left). the politicians are the ones pointing the fingers, and people on that team follow suit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    but culture is only one portion of the issue. pissing about which group is at fault is a distraction away from the real problem: the guns. 

I just hope to hell none of my American relatives are ever involved in one of these. 
    The only way to solve the gun issue is to vote those people out of office though. The spot light should be on them, especially when the majority of the country is against them on this issue. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

The only way to solve the gun issue is to vote those people out of office though. The spot light should be on them, especially when the majority of the country is against them on this issue. 
    agreed....perfect example is Greg Abbott. Fucker is constantly saying that it's a mental health issue yet TX is like last in the nation for providing mental health services. This needs to be what gets that piece of shit voted out of office.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378

agreed....perfect example is Greg Abbott. Fucker is constantly saying that it's a mental health issue yet TX is like last in the nation for providing mental health services. This needs to be what gets that piece of shit voted out of office.
    Yes - and that is a perfect example.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

While this is true to an extent, I think it's clear one said is waaaay more invested in the identity of the shooter than the real issue of gun control. Let's get serious now. Look at Marge Green's initial, false, tweet. Look at Fox "News'" coverage.

In this very thread-on this very morning, we have someone who is doing their own research on the guy's identity instead of choosing to believe what has actually been reported just because it doesn't fit the maga narrative. Instead on focusing on the real issue, he's knee deep in message board's dissecting the shooter's tattoos. By the end of the week the shooter will likely be a Trans Antifia FBI plant who played a role in rigging Kari Lake's governorship bid to a large portion of the country.  So let's be careful with the bothsidsing here.  
    By my own research I meant I was going to check out all the information out there.  I don’t trust anything the govt tells me or the media tells me.  What did you think I was going to drive three hours and start interviewing people at the mall?! We should all be doing our own research all the time, we’re being fed govt controlled propaganda all day every day
  • Options
    The research isn’t needed, we know what the problem is. 

It’s the fucking guns and the culture of fear being stoked to drive gun sales that are the problem. 
  • Options

it's the media's job to find out details of the whys and whens and wheres. it's not their job to sensationalize it (right wing media is worse for this than middle or left). the politicians are the ones pointing the fingers, and people on that team follow suit. 
    They lost all credibility to me over the last several years though.  From both White House’s banning certain outlets from
    joining in press conferences to all the twitter nonsense to KJP’s nonsense to bidens cliff note questions to the whole Russia collusion.  They just don’t “find out” details, they just push narratives for clicks 
  • Options

I agree.  I think he’s correct that there’s a serious mental health problem but there’s nothing being done about it.  I mean that guy in nyc got arrested and released like 40 times and recently punched an elderly lady and broke her nose but he’s not in a treatment center? And this guy in Allen was discharged for mental health issues from the army back in 2008 but never got any treatment?  He can’t perform the duties they needed so they spit him out on the streets for the public to deal
    with.  Pretty lame 
  • Options
    Canada & Sweden have comparable #s for self reported mental health issues as the US, but only a fraction of the firearm deaths. 

Weird, I know. 
  • Options

They lost all credibility to me over the last several years though.  From both White House’s banning certain outlets from
    joining in press conferences to all the twitter nonsense to KJP’s nonsense to bidens cliff note questions to the whole Russia collusion.  They just don’t “find out” details, they just push narratives for clicks 
    of course they do, but I think it isn't difficult to figure out if what you're watching is BS or not. and what research are you doing? you're doing it all online, obviously. what "truth pockets" do you know of on the internet that aren't bias or have an agenda one way or the other?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

of course they do, but I think it isn't difficult to figure out if what you're watching is BS or not. and what research are you doing? you're doing it all online, obviously. what "truth pockets" do you know of on the internet that aren't bias or have an agenda one way or the other?
    Not sure if you’re serious or not. People still think that cops were killed on Jan 6. They still think that trump peed on someone or vice versa or whatever.  They still think there was some kind of Russia collusion.  There are no truth pockets, that’s why it’s important to do your research and read as many different sources on an issue as you can.
  • Options
    Alright that’s it for me for a while, lol. See y’all in a few.  I wanna move back to the Caribbean.
  • Options

Not sure if you’re serious or not. People still think that cops were killed on Jan 6. They still think that trump peed on someone or vice versa or whatever.  They still think there was some kind of Russia collusion.  There are no truth pockets, that’s why it’s important to do your research and read as many different sources on an issue as you can.
    that's my question. what sources?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    Somebody has fallen down the rabbit hole and is no longer tethered to reality. Good luck ‘Murica, you’re going to need it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    nicknyr15 said:

By my own research I meant I was going to check out all the information out there.  I don’t trust anything the govt tells me or the media tells me.  What did you think I was going to drive three hours and start interviewing people at the mall?! We should all be doing our own research all the time, we’re being fed govt controlled propaganda all day every day
    No I figured you were going to peruse the dark corners of the internet where conspiracy theories are born and bred. 

Being skeptical of the gov and media is normal to an extent. But you come here and post some really weird stuff and then cite some really shady websites that I'm afraid to click on. 

There are plenty of reputable news organizations you should be able trust. I think the problem a lot of people have is they cannot accept the basic set of facts that most rational people can simply because those facts dispute a lot of their beliefs. And so they then go off searching weird websites and message boards in hopes of disputing those facts in the name of "research" and that's...not living in reality. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i wonder if all of this stuff in texas would be happening if they had elected beto when they had the chance. he should have beaten cruz and abbot.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993

that's my question. what sources?
    The AMT, Hugh.
This discussion has been closed.