Options

Ohana Festival Merch

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,853
    I hope you find one for your son.

Hunting hard to get posters info should be cautiously shared if at all. Too many of us junkies trying to get the same rush. Imho

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    1027 said:
    1027 said:
    OK guys, I'm new to this poster drop business but I MUST get my son a copy of the Ohana Festival Bus poster... it was his first PJ concert and he obviously wants to memorialize it but the posters were sold out each day before we arrived at the merch tent (usually around 12 or 1!) So... I'm hoping you guys can help me snag one. Few questions:

Will the drops be on the Artist's website or pearljam shop? 
    I saw that some posters have already dropped, does that mean I missed it or should I keep refreshing?
    Is there a particular time they do the drops (e.g., top of the hour, 10AM, midnight PST)? Or is it completely random?

Lastly, if anyone is interested in a sale or trade I have the EV Ohana surfing picture from a couple years back that I'd be willing to trade for. Looks like it's going for $140 on eBay but I'd prefer to avoid ebay at all costs. I also have an EV zippo from last year's canceled shows and some other posters and pennants and a few other posters I'd be willing to part with (Home Shows '18, Wrigley, Fenway). Just let me know if you're interested. 

Thanks for the info everyone!
    The VW drop is over.  Your best bet is probably ebay but give it a few weeks and prices should drop some.
    So it's just one and done? I saw that the variants were up on the artist's websites (but are sold out now). Did PJ also drop the regular VW poster? Anyway, thanks for the information. I guess I'll have to go ebay. But I can wait a few weeks. Thanks for your help!
    Santos already posted no VW drop on the site.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    1027 said:
    1027 said:
    OK guys, I'm new to this poster drop business but I MUST get my son a copy of the Ohana Festival Bus poster... it was his first PJ concert and he obviously wants to memorialize it but the posters were sold out each day before we arrived at the merch tent (usually around 12 or 1!) So... I'm hoping you guys can help me snag one. Few questions:

Will the drops be on the Artist's website or pearljam shop? 
    I saw that some posters have already dropped, does that mean I missed it or should I keep refreshing?
    Is there a particular time they do the drops (e.g., top of the hour, 10AM, midnight PST)? Or is it completely random?

Lastly, if anyone is interested in a sale or trade I have the EV Ohana surfing picture from a couple years back that I'd be willing to trade for. Looks like it's going for $140 on eBay but I'd prefer to avoid ebay at all costs. I also have an EV zippo from last year's canceled shows and some other posters and pennants and a few other posters I'd be willing to part with (Home Shows '18, Wrigley, Fenway). Just let me know if you're interested. 

Thanks for the info everyone!
    The VW drop is over.  Your best bet is probably ebay but give it a few weeks and prices should drop some.
    So it's just one and done? I saw that the variants were up on the artist's websites (but are sold out now). Did PJ also drop the regular VW poster? Anyway, thanks for the information. I guess I'll have to go ebay. But I can wait a few weeks. Thanks for your help!
    Pearl Jam won't be selling any of the Festival Van posters in their shop, however, the Ohana website has its own merch page and historically the festival poster has gone up for sale there. That being said, this was a pretty tough poster to get so if the Ohana people sold out their entire allotment, I'm not sure they'll have more to post on the Ohana Merch website.
    Good point...I forgot about the Ohana site.  But yeah I wonder if they even have any to sell.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Keep it on the hush hushhhh.
  • Options
    10271027 Posts: 10
    Loujoe said:

Hunting hard to get posters info should be cautiously shared if at all. Too many of us junkies trying to get the same rush. Imho

Yes, that makes sense... I apologize if my questions stoked frenzy. :) Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    if they have any, who knows if or when, they'll be here

https://www.ohanamerch.com/
  • Options
    1027 said:
    Loujoe said:

Yes, that makes sense... I apologize if my questions stoked frenzy. :) Thanks for your help.
    All good I don't need this poster. I just want it because everyone else does! I should be apologizing to you. Good luck on the hunt.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

I agree. It used to be a lot easier.
  • Options
    Yeah, I wonder what the percentage of the flipper to the fan is. Maybe more fans are into collecting more. I want to hope so because all the fans deserve a fair shot at this stuff. Now, if it's just flippers trying to make a quick buck, that sucks! I still hope this can get sorted out and there is a solution. I have had the privilege of getting some cool stuff and share some with some incredible people on this board, and unfortunately, I have also missed some. At the end of the day, the music still lives on, and the flippers can't sell my ears! 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    Just saw @StardogChamp79 "Listening Ears" up on Ebay......Current bid is hovering at $84, which is a steal because I don't believe people realize that they didn't split the set...you are bidding on the complete pair.  
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Yeah, I wonder what the percentage of the flipper to the fan is. Maybe more fans are into collecting more. I want to hope so because all the fans deserve a fair shot at this stuff. Now, if it's just flippers trying to make a quick buck, that sucks! I still hope this can get sorted out and there is a solution. I have had the privilege of getting some cool stuff and share some with some incredible people on this board, and unfortunately, I have also missed some. At the end of the day, the music still lives on, and the flippers can't sell my ears! 
    I think the amount of pure flippers is relatively low.  It is probably mostly split between fans who flip and fans who collect.  It would be interesting to break down the fans who collect because I think there are the people who went to the show, people who have to have everything and long term investors(really not much different then fan flippers)
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    I think more fans have caught on that these collectibles have immediate value, even with other bands. DMB posters this year seem to be much more popular than the tour from 2 years ago. So now everyone is buying, with probably a 50/50 split of personal collectors and pure flippers who hold for a couple days /fan flippers who hold for a couple of months. 
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    By pure flippers I meant people who could give a shit about the band, I think most people buying and flipping are fans
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    apirk72 said:
    By pure flippers I meant people who could give a shit about the band, I think most people buying and flipping are fans
    99% are fans.
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    I just want the standard non-signed deck to skate on! Anybody pick up up an extra at the festival they were going to flip but changed their mind?  =)
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 909
    edited October 2021
    Dude! Just go to https://shop.ccs.com/ and print your own board! They will print you anything! My son wanted the Billboard print and that’s what he skates on! I wanted the classic Eddie hanging on for life and couldn’t bring myself to skate the Pleasures board. They are for personal use. Not trying to break any rules here but just really wanted a PJ board to skate on.
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Those board are very cool, Stardog.

Nothing more anti-establishment than copyright infringement!
  • Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 909
    edited October 2021
    Well... I didn't print them, nor am I selling them. I will run them into the ground! I just wanted a cool PJ Board to skate on. It can't be any different than the numerous stickman tattoos and band logos that have been tattooed. Right? 
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    I hesitate to say who does what, but I was in the merch line early both Friday and Saturday at Ohana Encore and most around me were definitely fans and it was fun being around most everyone. That said, hardly anyone bought just one poster. Now, they could be getting one for a friend or someone on here or whatever. You never know and I do mostly respect that. But at the end of the day, how many of those people, even true fans, were keeping two for themselves? Some. But you know many were selling, too. To each their own. 

I've had good luck getting what I want. Twice I didn't get a poster I wanted. Once a fan I met in line to get into the venue gave me his. Once I said screw it and paid an ebay price (it did say part of it went to charity, but, really, who knows?). I didn't get the devil surfer shirt at Encore because they didn't restock them from the first weekend. Other than that I think I've gotten what I've wanted. I also have waited pretty early in the merch lines a few times, but it has been a lot of fun with other fans so I haven't minded. And many of those people probably flipped some stuff. I wish people wouldn't take up inventory for those who are there and want stuff, but for the most part it's within the rules. 

All part of the fun and experience. Being in line, meeting other fans, hearing their stories and of course the show itself. I would like posters limited to one each, but not sure that will ever happen. 
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    Anyone have problems getting Ian Williams emails?  I have an account with him from last tour which I bought some stuff so I get those, have signed up for mailings and got confirmation emails, checked my spam inbox, etc and nothing.  Nada, zilch. 

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    CopperTom said:
    Any reason they do not number or tell how many of the Moonlight? 
    Global Citizens gold edition backlash

Can someone explain this one to me.  I didn't hear of such controversy.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    JB56195 said:
    CopperTom said:

It was supposed to be very limited edition (I forget how many) but they oversold it.  Instead of canceling the extra orders they just increased the size of the edition and included an extra print as a bonus.  People were rightly upset that they oversold it and increased the edition size from what was promised at the time of sale. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB56195 said:
    CopperTom said:

It was supposed to be very limited edition (I forget how many) but they oversold it.  Instead of canceling the extra orders they just increased the size of the edition and included an extra print as a bonus.  People were rightly upset that they oversold it and increased the edition size from what was promised at the time of sale. 

Thanks!  All you had to say was transformers.  I didn't realize that was the poster for GCF.

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,571
    What’s the drop schedule? Today at noon? Tomorrow at noon?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    I hesitate to say who does what, but I was in the merch line early both Friday and Saturday at Ohana Encore and most around me were definitely fans and it was fun being around most everyone. That said, hardly anyone bought just one poster. Now, they could be getting one for a friend or someone on here or whatever. You never know and I do mostly respect that. But at the end of the day, how many of those people, even true fans, were keeping two for themselves? Some. But you know many were selling, too. To each their own. 

I've had good luck getting what I want. Twice I didn't get a poster I wanted. Once a fan I met in line to get into the venue gave me his. Once I said screw it and paid an ebay price (it did say part of it went to charity, but, really, who knows?). I didn't get the devil surfer shirt at Encore because they didn't restock them from the first weekend. Other than that I think I've gotten what I've wanted. I also have waited pretty early in the merch lines a few times, but it has been a lot of fun with other fans so I haven't minded. And many of those people probably flipped some stuff. I wish people wouldn't take up inventory for those who are there and want stuff, but for the most part it's within the rules. 

All part of the fun and experience. Being in line, meeting other fans, hearing their stories and of course the show itself. I would like posters limited to one each, but not sure that will ever happen. 
    I bought two of the skull posters and an extra zippo in hopes that I could trade for a festival poster.  So far I've struck out horribly

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I'll be stoked to just too see ONE person in this thread bag the skateboard.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Saltzy23 said:
    Fingers crossed, but I have a feeling I'll miss out because of a work meeting that will probably run long. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    mfc2006 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Fingers crossed, but I have a feeling I'll miss out because of a work meeting that will probably run long. 
    I remember sitting in my office when the Transformer AP’s dropped and scoring one on my phone. I involuntarily shouted out “yes!” when the sale when through and had 3 or 4 people poke their heads in to ask what was so exciting. 😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    are you sure you can attend that meeting?  You don't seem like you feel very good

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    are you sure you can attend that meeting?  You don't seem like you feel very good
    HAHA
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com