Options

Ohana Festival Merch

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    100 Pacer said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    If the regular ones are selling for $500-$600 on eBay, who even knows what this one will go for.

I'm not implying that maybe there was some funny business here, but I'm NOt NOT saying it either.
    This crap has to stop. Artist drops are now impossible. I was right on with in in my cart and everything and it sold out instantly. It has to be bots getting them.
    Or the artists slipping them out the back door.

These are not exactly regulated securities.

It's gotta be hard to sell for $100, when you know it's gonna be worth like 15X that amount on the secondary market.

I'll tell you right now, if I was the artist, I would do it myself.
    Not trying to belittle your disappointment but Ian wouldn’t do that. He wouldn’t risk future work.
    Come on man.  How would anyone ever know if these artists were leaking a few of these AP prints to 3rd parties and getting a cut of any secondary market sales?  You think this shit is audited?  And if so, by whom?

And even if it WAS audited, they are not really doing anything illegal. Again, these are not regulated in any way whatsoever.

I am a big watch guy, and this shit happens all the time.  Dealers that by contract need to sell watches for MSRP leak some of the high dollar models out the back door to grey market dealers that give them a cut of the secondary market sale.

Again, I'm not saying it IS happening, but to just blindly assume it's not is naïve.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    If the regular ones are selling for $500-$600 on eBay, who even knows what this one will go for.

I'm not implying that maybe there was some funny business here, but I'm NOt NOT saying it either.
    This crap has to stop. Artist drops are now impossible. I was right on with in in my cart and everything and it sold out instantly. It has to be bots getting them.
    Eh, only 25 available with hundreds or thousands of people trying. Simple math that most aren't going to score. Doesn't have to be bots 
    You seem to get almost all the drops. What's your secret?
  • Options
    I see nothing has changed around here 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Eh, only 25 available with hundreds or thousands of people trying. Simple math that most aren't going to score. Doesn't have to be bots 
    The refreSHZA will never divulge his secrets haha
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Or the artists slipping them out the back door.

These are not exactly regulated securities.

It's gotta be hard to sell for $100, when you know it's gonna be worth like 15X that amount on the secondary market.

I'll tell you right now, if I was the artist, I would do it myself.
    I guess nobody has ever noticed Emek’s Wishlist or whatever he calls it? Ol The prints/decks belong to the artist. It’s how he gets paid. He can release a few or all. Why would he release 25 decks for $2500? 
  • Options
    Why don't artists just charge a higher price for their APs if they know it's going to be in hot demand? I think everyone would rather the money go to the artist than people trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's work.

As for artists selling right to third parties/posting on auction sites, this definitely happens.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Why don't artists just charge a higher price for their APs if they know it's going to be in hot demand? I think everyone would rather the money go to the artist than people trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's work.

As for artists selling right to third parties/posting on auction sites, this definitely happens.
    That part baffles me as well.  It must be some sort of contractual thing with PJ but that doesn't even make sense because PJ really isn't benefiting from keeping artist sales low.

Why doesn't the artist just sell as many signed APs as ordered?  We benefit, artist benefits, PJ benefits, etc.

Baffling I say
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

That part baffles me as well.  It must be some sort of contractual thing with PJ but that doesn't even make sense because PJ really isn't benefiting from keeping artist sales low.

Why doesn't the artist just sell as many signed APs as ordered?  We benefit, artist benefits, PJ benefits, etc.

Baffling I say
    Meh, that would destroy a lot of the value, which let's face it, is important when we are talking about art.

I just think they need to raise the sales price.

I would have dropped $500 on this skateboard today, and directly where the artist would get the profit.

If these guys AREN'T leaking a few, it's gonna be infuriating to see your art, that you charged $100 for, selling for many many multiples that amount on eBay.

Again, I'm not even against it.  If it was me, I would absolutely do it myself.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    The challenge and the rush are all part of the fun
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    The challenge and the rush are all part of the fun
    I agree with that, 100%
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,217
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I strike out as much as anyone especially if it's a small run like this. I completely forgot about this drop. I'm sure bots play a role but some are scoring without bots through a combination of practice and luck 
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    I’ve never scored something 25 or less. 50 or 100 available, I’m pretty confident I can land. 
  • Options
    rlic80rlic80 Posts: 16

Encore Weekend Ames Bros poster available via official PJ store now.

2021 PEARL JAM OHANA 10/2 POSTER

• Options
    Sold out.

AHHHHH!!!!!
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Sold out.

AHHHHH!!!!!
    Did you miss it?
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Sold out.

AHHHHH!!!!!
    Did you miss it?
    Guess.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Sold out.

AHHHHH!!!!!
    Did you miss it?
    Guess.
    LOL, so thats a yes?
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I am not going to pretend about knowing art world or even really understand it, but I would think that if an artists art went for insane amount on secondary markets that would be incredibly valuable to the artist, maybe more so then selling them for more.  
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,217
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say
    Meh, that would destroy a lot of the value, which let's face it, is important when we are talking about art.

I just think they need to raise the sales price.

I would have dropped $500 on this skateboard today, and directly where the artist would get the profit.

If these guys AREN'T leaking a few, it's gonna be infuriating to see your art, that you charged $100 for, selling for many many multiples that amount on eBay.

Again, I'm not even against it.  If it was me, I would absolutely do it myself.
    You are right about larger editions killing the value but the same would be true of jacking up the price. The demand would plummet at $500. Insane demand creates buzz for the next drop.

• Options

• Options
    ^^ not for sale 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,542
    👏 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    Just a quick question.  Does anyone have any idea why some artists like Ames have 100 AP, 80 variants, and a handful of GID for Ohana while Ian Williams has 100 AP variants of the festival show.  Why not let him sell variants and APs?  Only helps the artist, doesn't hurt overall poster sales, makes a few more fans happy and, and doesn't hurt the band.

Klausen and Munk has had both APs and variants for shows in the past so it can't just be Barry's relationship with the band.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    ^^ not for sale 
    congrats!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    @lmckenney24 is a man amongst men.
  • Options

Whoa.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,374
    ^^ not for sale 
    Score of the day! Glad someone got it. Congrats man.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    @lmckenney24 is a man amongst men.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,449
    JB56195 said:
    Just a quick question.  Does anyone have any idea why some artists like Ames have 100 AP, 80 variants, and a handful of GID for Ohana while Ian Williams has 100 AP variants of the festival show.  Why not let him sell variants and APs?  Only helps the artist, doesn't hurt overall poster sales, makes a few more fans happy and, and doesn't hurt the band.

Klausen and Munk has had both APs and variants for shows in the past so it can't just be Barry's relationship with the band.
    It’s up to the band.  I’m assuming since Ames is the OG for PJ posters, they get the best deal. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore