Options

Ohana Festival Merch

Comments

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Klausen has discussed that on the forum before. Depends on the deal negotiated by the artist. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Relating to the discussion on stores not selling limited items as retail, but putting the items out to bid, I know someone who works for a skate shop. That person said that when they get the limited shoes in, they always hold some pairs back to sell at the market value. The account isn't under the shop's name, so they don't worry about getting tracked down, especially when they have multiple accounts. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    edited October 2021
    Struck out on the deck & Ames. Oh well. Congrats to those that scored!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    swing and a miss

Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    Saltzy23 said:
    Why don't artists just charge a higher price for their APs if they know it's going to be in hot demand? I think everyone would rather the money go to the artist than people trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's work.

As for artists selling right to third parties/posting on auction sites, this definitely happens.
    That part baffles me as well.  It must be some sort of contractual thing with PJ but that doesn't even make sense because PJ really isn't benefiting from keeping artist sales low.

Why doesn't the artist just sell as many signed APs as ordered?  We benefit, artist benefits, PJ benefits, etc.

Baffling I say
    Meh, that would destroy a lot of the value, which let's face it, is important when we are talking about art.

I just think they need to raise the sales price.

I would have dropped $500 on this skateboard today, and directly where the artist would get the profit.

If these guys AREN'T leaking a few, it's gonna be infuriating to see your art, that you charged $100 for, selling for many many multiples that amount on eBay.

Again, I'm not even against it.  If it was me, I would absolutely do it myself.

You realize you can print and make this same skateboard for far less correct? Not condoning it but you can.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908

I know we can't post links but here's the description of the Ohana poster just listed for sale somewhere.  EL-OHHHHHH-EL!!! :0) 

"Ohana Encore Festival Day 2 poster October 2 2021 Pearl Jam Ames Bros 10c

This is a confirmed order from Ten Club. Print will be shipped once received."

Sick 'em Santos!!!  

Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    PJlive said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Why don't artists just charge a higher price for their APs if they know it's going to be in hot demand? I think everyone would rather the money go to the artist than people trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's work.

As for artists selling right to third parties/posting on auction sites, this definitely happens.
    That part baffles me as well.  It must be some sort of contractual thing with PJ but that doesn't even make sense because PJ really isn't benefiting from keeping artist sales low.

Why doesn't the artist just sell as many signed APs as ordered?  We benefit, artist benefits, PJ benefits, etc.

Baffling I say
    Meh, that would destroy a lot of the value, which let's face it, is important when we are talking about art.

I would have dropped $500 on this skateboard today, and directly where the artist would get the profit.

If these guys AREN'T leaking a few, it's gonna be infuriating to see your art, that you charged $100 for, selling for many many multiples that amount on eBay.

You realize you can print and make this same skateboard for far less correct? Not condoning it but you can.

I can also watch the same NBA clip as is on an Top Shot NFT, but that doesn't mean they are the same thing.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say

You are right about larger editions killing the value but the same would be true of jacking up the price. The demand would plummet at $500. Insane demand creates buzz for the next drop.

STRONGLY disagree.

There would be exactly the same demand at $500 as there was at $100.

Certainly for something there was only 25 of that so many people wanted.

$500 is still probably like 1/3 of what the secondary market price is.

Again, the sparkle print of the OE poster sold on ebay for $750, and this skateboard is far more desirable.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,187
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say

You are right about larger editions killing the value but the same would be true of jacking up the price. The demand would plummet at $500. Insane demand creates buzz for the next drop.

STRONGLY disagree.

Again, the sparkle print of the OE poster sold on ebay for $750, and this skateboard is far more desirable.
    How many people are willing to pay $750 for the sparkle foil? About two, hence the auction not ending higher. If the retail was $750, it would still be on Ames site. I'm not sure what the max price point would be for these to be an instant sellout but eventually you get to a point that only the top bidder would pay on the market and the vast majority will pass and say it's a disgusting cash grab which alienates most fans. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say

STRONGLY disagree.

How many people are willing to pay $750 for the sparkle foil? About two, hence the auction not ending higher. If the retail was $750, it would still be on Ames site. I'm not sure what the max price point would be for these to be an instant sellout but eventually you get to a point that only the top bidder would pay on the market and the vast majority will pass and say it's a disgusting cash grab which alienates most fans. 

I believe they call this 'capitalism'.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,187
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say

STRONGLY disagree.

Non sequitur 
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 478
    Who knew Adam Smith and the principles of  and supply and demand would make an appearance in a conversation about concert merch. As Paul Rudd would say, "look at us!" 

side note, sorry if this has been discussed, but has there been any word on a drop for Williams' Encore poster? I saw the decks, but wasn't sure if the posters were part of that.  
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    wsimon74 said:
    Who knew Adam Smith and the principles of  and supply and demand would make an appearance in a conversation about concert merch. As Paul Rudd would say, "look at us!" 

side note, sorry if this has been discussed, but has there been any word on a drop for Williams' Encore poster? I saw the decks, but wasn't sure if the posters were part of that.  
    It is supposed to be tomorrow at the same time 9:00 AM Pacific. 
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    rlic80 said:

Encore Weekend Ames Bros poster available via official PJ store now.

2021 PEARL JAM OHANA 10/2 POSTER

WTF - was looking for the email announcement.

Anyone willing to trade a N2 Ames for a N1 Meggs? 
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Baffling I say

STRONGLY disagree.

Non sequitur 

Option A.  The artists raise their drop prices to an amount that closer reflects the actual value therefore receiving a lot of the value that they themselves created.

Option B.  Continue to sell these limited prints for pennies on the dollar to the 1st people/bots that can bag them, only to watch a certain % of them be resold for multiples of the original cost by these people, where the artist gets none of it.

I'll take Option A as the better model.
  • Options
    rlic80 said:

10 club newsletter said to keep an eye on the shop this week.

They never announce poster drops via email.

Santos sometimes posts drops on facebook, but you just have to be looking here or the merch page, or I guess have a site monitor going.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    rlic80rlic80 Posts: 16
    rlic80 said:

rlic80 said:

Santos sometimes posts drops on facebook, but you just have to be looking here or the merch page, or I guess have a site monitor going.

This.

I never get the rare drops of PJ merch since I usually find out too late. But when the 10c newsletter said to keep an eye out this week, I just threw up the PJ store on my extra monitor and hit refresh every half hour or so while working. I got lucky and scored one and then posted the link here asap.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    rlic80 said:

Don't waste time looking for an email announcement. 
    These drops are never announced. 
    Just a Pssst
  • Options
    rlic80 said:
    rlic80 said:

rlic80 said:

This.

I never get the rare drops of PJ merch since I usually find out too late. But when the 10c newsletter said to keep an eye out this week, I just threw up the PJ store on my extra monitor and hit refresh every half hour or so while working. I got lucky and scored one and then posted the link here asap.
    Yeah man.

Congratulations, nonetheless.
  • Options
    rlic80 said:

Don't waste time looking for an email announcement. 
    These drops are never announced. 
    Just a Pssst
    Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Almost time to not score a poster! 😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Got it. That was way easier than yesterday. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    Score! 1st one in a long time.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    YES!

• Options
    DAMMITTTT
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Saltzy23 said:
    DAMMITTTT
    No way
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Had it in cart....out of stock 4 seconds later
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Weird. Everything came up sold out for me 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    $60 international shipping. Glad I got shut out
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    +1 on ohana, but surprised the moline showed up sold out instantly