Options

Completely Misheard Lyrics?

Comments

• Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I don't know if this has been addressed already...but who put up the lyrics on the site? Either some of them are completely off, or I'm going nuts, lol! For example...All Those Yesterdays...now I'm not exactly sure what the line is myself, but it seriously can't be 'all those paper plates'...can it?! I've seen a few others that I know must be wrong...anyone else notice this?
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    I don't know if this has been addressed already...but who put up the lyrics on the site? Either some of them are completely off, or I'm going nuts, lol! For example...All Those Yesterdays...now I'm not exactly sure what the line is myself, but it seriously can't be 'all those paper plates'...can it?! I've seen a few others that I know must be wrong...anyone else notice this?

It is Paper plates and in Faithfull it is furry thing
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708

ATY is one of my faves and that line always bugged me 'cause I didn't know what he was saying...paper plates just does not fit in...I'm so confused! :?
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025

ATY is one of my faves and that line always bugged me 'cause I didn't know what he was saying...paper plates just does not fit in...I'm so confused! :?

It's one of my favorites too but that's what it is. The last time they played it in Bristow, VA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50iKud1DZE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6hgeX1txI before Black Eddie says, 'We're paying attention up here is that the kinda shit you're into, you like the weird stuff?" meaning ATY I just thought that was funny.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    cyndarious1cyndarious1 Posts: 430
    As a child, my girlfriend didn't know PJ but she did know that they had a song named "Jeremy", even though she had never listened to it. The thing is that she used to misheard Europe's "Carrie" chorus as "Jeeeremy" instead of the actual "carrie".

She thought "Carrie" was PJ's "Jeremy", and she thought it was BEAUTIFUL.

*Note: We are spanish speakers, so you should understand that we get many lyrics completely misheard.

Peace.
    November 22nd, 2005.
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Back in '92 a cover band did alot of Pearl Jam-after they sang Even Flow, my mosh buddy and I informed the singer that he was singing the wrong words -- no wonder he looked at us like we were crazy!

Our Version : Ohhh girlfriend, when he can't have her, he's happy to look to his hand!!! :lol:
    Correct Version : Oh, dark grin he can't help when he's happy, looks insane
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Back in '92 a cover band did alot of Pearl Jam-after they sang Even Flow, my mosh buddy and I informed the singer that he was singing the wrong words -- no wonder he looked at us like we were crazy!

Our Version : Ohhh girlfriend, when he can't have her, he's happy to look to his hand!!! :lol:
    Correct Version : Oh, dark grin he can't help when he's happy, looks insane

:lol::lol:
    Your version did make sense !!
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    From "Guaranteed":

The real lyrics: "Underneath my being is a road that disappeared"
    My version: "Underneath my bin is a road that disappeared" :lol: :oops:
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    at the gym, I keep hearing this song during class so I can't use my ipod:

"I like my feet back and my face down low"---thinking it sounded sexual and really annoying to hear over and over.

looked on internet today and apparently it is:

"I like my beats fast and my base down low"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :oops: (i thought it was sexual!! arf arf)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    From "Rats":
    "Pick the dead off Olajuwon's feet."
    Seriously, can't bring myself to sing it any other way.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    In Small Town I thought Eddie was singing "for I'm not my father" instead of "for I'm not my former".
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    For a while I thought Ed was singing "There's a tractor in the sun" in Immortality!! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ok so I have always loved this one.. cause I absolutely LOVE this song, and I always listen to it like three or four times before going on to the next song.. well one day I had my friend who is sorta ok with Pearl Jam but they're NOT HER FAVORITE BAND BY ANY MEANS, in the van with me ( this of course was before the van caught on fire while driving it to Lake Of The Ozarks...)and I was listening to You Are for the second time.. and my friend tells me "you are really fucked up, this song is retarded." Well those are fighting words and I was like WTF?!!? So she says to me.."well ANY song song is retarded, that has lyrics like Love isn't Power" So I made her repeat that to me..Then I pulled over and laughed my ass off.. I always think of Amy now when I hear this song..
  • Options
    petesopetepetesopete Posts: 81
    kidofklay wrote:
    From "Rats":
    "Pick the dead off Olajuwon's feet."
    Seriously, can't bring myself to sing it any other way.

I've always heard that one too! :D
  • Options
    petesopetepetesopete Posts: 81
    Ghost:
    Real version: "It doesn't hurt when I bleed"
    My version: "It doesn't hurt when I pee"
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    -Emma- wrote:
    In Small Town I thought Eddie was singing "for I'm not my father" instead of "for I'm not my former".

Wait, what?
    :oops:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    PearlLucyPearlLucy Posts: 492
    You guys have probably seen this one hundred times...the moment I watched this video I simply couldn't get the lyrics RIGHT anymore the "potato wave" and "make fries" parts are simply HILARIOUS

http://youtu.be/xLd22ha_-VU
  • Options
    In My SoulIn My Soul Posts: 11
    My wife, Miranda, introduced me to PJ when we were dating and is a mega fan. Her favorite song at the time was Daughter. I heard "Don't call me Walter, Miranda. Miranda please get behind me." and assumed that the song was her favorite because it had her name in it. I always wondered who Walter was though and why he was so protective.
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    PearlLucy wrote:
    You guys have probably seen this one hundred times...the moment I watched this video I simply couldn't get the lyrics RIGHT anymore the "potato wave" and "make fries" parts are simply HILARIOUS

OMG! Too funny! "I wanna leave Bennigan's", lol
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    VedHead2VedHead2 Posts: 112
    I read the following in a similar thread a few months ago, and now this is what I hear instead of the real lyrics. In Go I hear:
    "Turned to my mrs, I pulled out my fucking cock."

I'm bored. This thread is cracking my shit up though! I'm about to go get some shirts made with some of these lyrics on them. My husband would wear them! Hahaha
    instead of
    "Turned to my nemesis, a fool, not a fucking god."

There are others, but none quite as funny as that.
  • Options
    In MFC, I always thouth Ed sang "Ask I'm an ear" until Ii finally saw the original typed lyrics at the PJ Museum. It says "Ask Armenia"
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,102
    In "Why Go" - "She scratches letters..."
    can easily be misheard as "cheese, crackers, and lettuce"
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:

OMG! Too funny! "I wanna leave Bennigan's", lol

"Make me fries..." So funny!! Every time I see that video it's hilarious!
  • Options
    Glorified G: Always thought it was "All we need is love, yea!" instead of "always keep it loaded!"

I'm a fool!
    Grand Rapids 2006
    /Life changed

http://swagzillaswagzilla.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Hahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like this one better actually ;)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,890
    Possibly posted earlier, but in Corduroy, I hear the following:

I'll take the four mince pies
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Still unsure of the real lyric in Smile, but I hear (and sing) "free cookies with swirls all around"
    <a href="http://www.artsymcgee.com/"&gt;
    artsymcgee.com</a>
  • Options
    bjo1015bjo1015 Posts: 104
    In MFC, I always hear "There's no leaving here, that's common here" not "ask I'm an ear"

I was listening to RVM the other day with my kids and at the end of the song when Eddie is singing "Saw things so much clearer" my daughter said, "It sounds like he is saying "Soy beans". I had to tell her about this thread and that she was not the only one to hear "soy beans." She of course thought that was pretty funny!
  • Options
    Ok, this is really terrible, but funny at the same time. In college I knew a girl who swore that in the song "Pilate" she heard "butt pirate I have gay-dar!" :lol::lol:
  • Options
    bennett13 wrote:
    Ok, this is really terrible, but funny at the same time. In college I knew a girl who swore that in the song "Pilate" she heard "butt pirate I have gay-dar!" :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: