Completely Misheard Lyrics?

Comments

• Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    "Black pilot I have egged on".

Unless those really are the lyrics.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    The funniest one I can remember was Jeremy was in regular play on the radio and MTV. One time my sister was walking through the house shouting: "Jeremy spoken, yeeeeeeeeeeeees he diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!" I damn near pissed myself!

When I first got Vitalogy, I thought the one line in Last Exit was "Better move forward, at last we begin" instead of "For better or for worse, best we began."
  • Options
    For ages i used to think the lyrics

"dark grin, he can't help, when he's happy looks insane" in even flow

were "girlfriend he can't have when his habit looks insane"

Which i actually think is bang on if you consider the context of the song.

Try it next time you listen, it makes perfect sense to me, I still sing it that way even after learning i was wrong, ha!
  • Options
    DOWNerDOWNer Posts: 60
    In Ghost:

Instead of "It doesn't hurt when I bleed"
    I heard "It doesn't hurt when I pee."
    <a href="http://www.artsymcgee.com/"&gt;
    artsymcgee.com</a>
  • Options
    My brother thought that "sorry you didn't see him but I'm glad we talked..." in Alive was actually "sorry you didn't see him but I'm playing guitar". I haven't been able to sing the correct lyrics since his confession. Every time I hear Alive now, those are the lyrics I hear.

Ha, I too thought this for the longest time.

One of my many:

I was pissing, must have been the devil, he was just plain mean.
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    I don't understand how fist makes any sense. or any more sense. Is someone smashing their hand down on the plate or what?

So I think : parent gets angry at kid that doesn't want to eat, smashes their hand down on the plate, kid is scared, finishes it up. Song about child abuse there, IMO. Never heard "pissed on my plate" there. Probably 'cause it was too gross to picture !
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Make me fries
    I'll be back
  • Options
    LA98LA98 Posts: 256
    Make me fries

BEST! :D
  • Options
    kay45kay45 Posts: 7
    In Dissident, it goes "nothing said, what a waste." I thought he said "mother said" at first, then I thought it was "another said."
  • Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....
    I cant say I ever sang it out loud, but I know for a fact that my dad and I thought it was pelican for weeks. Then finally one day he just heard it right and we laughed. We still say pelican for fun.
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    jgrossman wrote:
    My brother thought that "sorry you didn't see him but I'm glad we talked..." in Alive was actually "sorry you didn't see him but I'm playing guitar". I haven't been able to sing the correct lyrics since his confession. Every time I hear Alive now, those are the lyrics I hear.

Ha, I too thought this for the longest time.

One of my many:

I was pissing, must have been the devil, he was just plain mean.

NO WAY! I DODNT KNOW THAT UNTIL RIGHT NOW!
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Perceptual wrote:
    Jeremy spoke in class today...

I used to hear:

Generally spoken, that's me...

LOL!! Really I laughed out loud!

Although to make it more fun...

General Lee Smokin' Glass This Way!

thats TOO funny!!!!!!
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    DangDang wrote:
    "Black pilot I have egged on".

Unless those really are the lyrics.

Now I'll always hear that :lol:
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    immorta wrote:
    In Oceans......

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Glide me towards you"

For ages I used to sing....

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Like we told you"

:eek:
    OMG until I read this I actually thought that was it....I don't usually look up lyrics unless I can't figure them out and I thought I was right on this one!!! DUH :oops:
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    This thread is hilarious!! I have been giggling for aaaaaages!!

My worst misheard lyric is actually from Tool- Eulogy

The lyrics are - "Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own Eulogy?"

The lyrics i heard..and OMG LOL LOL LOL - "Why then are you so surprised when you're off and you love Jenny"
    ... wait ... WHAT??

The song is called "Eulogy" you Freaking IDIOT!!! How did you get "Jenny" out of "Eulogy"??? LOL!!!!! :lol:

To this day i feel like a complete TOOL...mind the pun!! ;)
    I spend a lot of my free time at night researching lyrics these days. Not the most productive use of my time, but i actually find it really relaxing, possibly the way some people find reading poetry relaxing/enjoyable!! ;)
  • Options
    Grohl wrote:
    I used to think in Spin The Black Circle when he says 'I see this needle, I see my hand, drop drop droppin it down, oh so gently' he was saying:

'drop drop droppin it down, oh so genuine'

Haha
    yup me too sure sounds like gently.my daughter used to sing Tony Lies instead Fleetwood macs Tell Me lies.Who is this Tony guy anyways.
  • Options
    oy...first post here...I have been lurking for so long...but I can't pass this up...when that song "Cult of Personality" came out (yeah, I am dating myself) I had a friend who thought when they sing at the end "I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of...) that they were singing...."I need a tow truck, I need a tow truck, I need a tow truck"

Also...Biggie Smalls..."I love it when you call me Big Papa" he thought the lyrics were "I wake up in the morning with a pocketbook..."

great thread...
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....

I always thought it was Glorified version of Elliot Gould. What the hell does Elliot Gould have to do with a Pearl Jam song?? who knows
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Deep_DK wrote:

Black

For a long time I thought it was:

Oh, the picture said old man wants to play, tried to everything

When it really is:

Oh, the pictures have all been washed in black, tatooed everything

I always thought:

Actual: "tatooed all I see"

Misheard "tatooed on high seas"

Like they were pirates or something.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    some of these are very funny

mine was glorified version of a pelican :lol: I thought that was true for a LOOOONG time
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    your really daddy was diane...

his dad had a sex change operation and was known to him as aunty diane.

um.
    not really, but would make for an interesting movie.
  • Options
    when i was little i thought the lyrics to metallica's enter sadman were "shoot yr freethrows in" instead of "keep you free from sin"...lol
  • Options
    In Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower," when he sings "the hour is getting late," I used to think he was singing "but I was getting laid!" I still hear it, actually....and the "YEAH!" that immediately follows makes it even funnier to me
  • Options
    I read the following in a similar thread a few months ago, and now this is what I hear instead of the real lyrics. In Go I hear:
    "Turned to my mrs, I pulled out my fucking cock."

instead of
    "Turned to my nemesis, a fool, not a fucking god."

There are others, but none quite as funny as that.

I always heard "tell my nemesis, before you're fucking gone"
  • Options
    came across Once on pandora last night

"Without pain, now I'm pee pee" :problem: really stood out, but that isn't where it ended.

http://www.pandora.com/music/song/pearl+jam/once#lyrics

without pain, now I'm pee pee is going to be stuck in my head for a long time :lol:
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    In Alive (Pearl Jam)
    ACTUAL: Oh I, oh, I'm still alive
    Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive
    Hey I, oh, I'm still alive
    Hey...oh...

I can't be the only one who thought the lyrics were "don't worry I'm still alive" the first thousand times i heard it
    Columbus 05/06/2011
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    I know that the line in "Faithfull" is actuall:

"and echoes, nobody hears...."

but I often hear it as

"like geckos........"

which makes me think of the silly gecko in those Geico commercials.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    DDtxDDtx Posts: 21
    In "Rearview Mirror," one of my friends thought Ed was singing "Soap is so much cleaner...wash you, wash you" rather than "Saw things so much clearer" -- damnit, I still hear it too!

A roommate also thought in "Daughter" the lyric was "The pager left will remind me" -- of course, that's when pagers were still around :lol:
  • Options
    nocode23 wrote:
    When I was a kid I thought AC/DC's
    "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap"
    was
    "Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief."
    I thought the song was about an bad indian chief or something...
    i always thought it was dirty deeds done with sheep?
  • Options
    my fav non pearl jam misheard lyric is rolling stones beasts of burden "i ll never be your beast of burden" sang "i ll never leave your pizza burning" or bon jovi's living on a prayer "sitting on a chair"