Options

Completely Misheard Lyrics?

GillGill Posts: 56
In Gone - the chorus; 'I'm gone, long gone, this time i'm Goldie Hawn'. Love the song but just cant listen to it without hearing that now, so i just don't listen to it! It is pretty haunting hearing a fully grown man wishing he was an ageing actress...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Ah! Good ones!

My wife has always wondered about the culinary delights of "Muffin Man" and "Butter Man"....

yeah, that'd be Nothingman and Betterman, hon, thx.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    I remembered, as well, that when i first listened to lost dogs (during this last summer actually), i was listening to Gremmie Out of Control - and, not knowing what a 'Gremmie' was, i assumed it was like a Granny...so i thought it was quite strange how many different situations this granny got up to, and the way that the granny so vigorously yelled 'cowabunga'...then i asked my brother...d'oh.
  • Options
    haha i really screwed this one up...
    Black Red Yellow, he sings, "Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah."
    I heard, "I'm on fire, like a fifty foot rubber man!" hahaha! it made no sense to me what-so-ever so i had to look at the lyrics. i was way off!
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Does it have to be a PJ song?

When I was a little kid listening to the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky w/Diamonds", I heard something funny.....

The lyric is "newspaper taxis appear on the shore"

I heard "newspaper taxis', the beer on the shore"....hee, hee..
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Gill wrote:
    I remembered, as well, that when i first listened to lost dogs (during this last summer actually), i was listening to Gremmie Out of Control - and, not knowing what a 'Gremmie' was, i assumed it was like a Granny...so i thought it was quite strange how many different situations this granny got up to, and the way that the granny so vigorously yelled 'cowabunga'...then i asked my brother...d'oh.
    Surfin' Grannies - great name for a band :D:D
  • Options
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    in hiding:

"i stayed where my last STEP left me, ignored all my rounds."

i thought he was saying "i stayed where my last CAB left me, ignored all my rounds." i could just imagine eddie in the backseat of a cab and the cabbie wouldn't take him to the places he wanted to go, so he got out and the cab driver drove off leaving him behind.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Beck - Loser

"Soy un perdedor" "I am a loser" in Spanish.

Misheard by a few as "Soar, open the door."
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    One of my favorite misheard lyrics was by my cousin. It was a Rage Against the Machine song, Renegades of Funk. He always thought they were saying "We're the RANDOM kings of funk." Not renegades. I laughed my ass off when he started singing the wrong lyrics.

I misread WMA and always thought it was "police SHOT my brother again"
    and then I looked up the lyrics and it was really "police STOPPED my brother again." There is big difference between the two, changing my interpretation.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    One of my favorite misheard lyrics was by my cousin. It was a Rage Against the Machine song, Renegades of Funk. He always thought they were saying "We're the RANDOM kings of funk." Not renegades. I laughed my ass off when he started singing the wrong lyrics.

I misread WMA and always thought it was "police SHOT my brother again"
    and then I looked up the lyrics and it was really "police STOPPED my brother again." There is big difference between the two, changing my interpretation.

That's funny, I thought it was "police STABBED my brother again." boy was I wrong.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....

i completely forgot about that one! Yeah, my bro corrected me on that too...
  • Options

That's funny cuz i thought the same thing.

One of my friends used to think Springsteen's "Tenth Avenue Freezeout" was actually... get this.

"Devil Devil She's a Sheep Dog"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    When I was a kid I thought AC/DC's
    "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap"
    was
    "Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief."
    I thought the song was about an bad indian chief or something...
  • Options
    nocode23 wrote:
    When I was a kid I thought AC/DC's
    "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap"
    was
    "Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief."
    I thought the song was about an bad indian chief or something...

Same here. I have a lot of these
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    In sometimes my girlfriend is always laughing because she think that he is singing "like a pokemon ..." instead of " like a book amongs"....;)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    Surfin' Grannies - great name for a band :D:D

quite tempted to copyright that in that case, but then again really cant be assed...
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    How about my hearing of John MAyer romantically singing

"Your body is an omelette"

I am still sure that is what he is saying !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options

I thought it was pelican too.

and when i first started listening and heard daughter i thought he said 'your picture kit will remind me' i knew picture kit didnt mean anything but i still thot it made sense for some reason.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446

If he'd sung it around me I'd have thought he was right on the money!!;)
    Pelican lovers unite!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    In Oceans......

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Glide me towards you"

For ages I used to sing....

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Like we told you"

:eek:
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    pissed on my plate.. swallowed it down
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    I cant stp laughing! What a funny bunch of people we are,love this thread!
    Well, my cousin and I used to try and write the lyrics down so we could sing along to all the pj songs and we came up with this for " Jeremy spoke in class today"...."Jeremys smoking...plastic" . But you know, maybe he was? And even now, its still hard for me to sing Even Flow without singing " Rests his head on a FELLOW made of concrete". My mum used to think silverchairs lyrics for Pure Massacre were "Steel matchie car". Haha!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    When I first bought Ten:

SHe scratches a mirror, into her world, made of stone
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    lephty wrote:
    pissed on my plate.. swallowed it down

This is the best so far !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    My friend used to sing "He just smiled and gave me a bite of Mike's sandwich" in Men at Work's "Down Under" instead of "....gave me a vegimite sandwich"...

Oh my gosh we laughed...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Beck - Loser

"Soy un perdedor" "I am a loser" in Spanish.

Misheard by a few as "Soar, open the door."

Thank God! I just know realized what he was saying...Thank you! I think I sad "sore, from head to toe" what the hell?
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    In Sad I always think Ed says "masturbate in bed"

not even joking....
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    immorta wrote:
    In Oceans......

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Glide me towards you"

For ages I used to sing....

"Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Like we told you"

:eek:
    So did I!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Misheard lyrics, i was talking yesterday with my girlfriend about the pelican story (i read somebody who thought "fortyfive virgins and a pelican")
    About me:
    In Marker in the sand i heard: "those undecided needing halfway to be free", instead of "Those undecided, Needn't have faith to be free", is the last.
    In immortality: "vacant is the world"
    2006-09-14 - Bologna, ITA
    2006-09-16 - Verona, ITA
    2006-09-19 - Turin, ITA
    2006-09-20 - Pistoia, ITA
    2006-09-26 - Zagreb, HR
    2007-06-13 - Chorzow, PL
    2007-06-15 - Venice, ITA :(
  • Options
    GrohlGrohl Posts: 3
    I used to think in Spin The Black Circle when he says 'I see this needle, I see my hand, drop drop droppin it down, oh so gently' he was saying:

'drop drop droppin it down, oh so genuine'

Haha
    Dublin 2006/08/23

Paris 2006/09/11

Dusseldorf 2007/06/21