Options

Completely Misheard Lyrics?

Comments

• Options
    Cancel Tomorrow!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    bec Ebec E Posts: 40
    When my son Matthew was little he thought Nothingman was Maffyman so cute to hear him singing along as if the song was about him :)

Def Leppard has this song Deliver Me in the chorus it says "Taste the ice on your breath as you catch your death "and I thought it said "Taste the Ass on your breath as you catch your death" hahaha hmmm not a good way to go I don't think :mrgreen:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember....
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    luxpjamer wrote:
    In sometimes my girlfriend is always laughing because she think that he is singing "like a pokemon ..." instead of " like a book amongs"....;)

haha, same shit.. but it really sounds like a pokemon :)
  • Options
    Back when i first heard Jeremy I thought it was "dad lay in pools of provolone"
    Turns out t was "dead lay in pools of maroon below" :lol:
    Run and tell the angels that everything is awwwwrigghhtttt...-Dave Grohl, Wembley Stadium
    If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail! -Kurt Cobain
  • Options
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....

It is amazing how many people get that line wrong in the exact same way.... I have met a couple guys that thought that was what it was.....
  • Options
    Obviously, the ultimate unheard lyric is Ledbetter-- nobody knows the words. It is more just being able to decide which tone to sing a mumble in.
  • Options
    JDBJDB Posts: 277
    When my ex-girlfriend first heard ElderlyWoman she thought that at the end of song he was singing "Hearts and farts they fade....fade away". I just let her go on thinking it. Couldn't let her off the hook,it was too funny.
  • Options
    In Glorified G, when Eddie's singing the part that says "I can feel your heart in your neck" he's singing over another part, I think it might be Stone singing...and I always thought he said "Ate some...chee-ri-oooos..."
    I think he was saying "Life comes", actually. I just always thought he was singing about cheerios.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • Options
    In Black instead of "Ooh, and all I taught her was everything" i heard "oooh I know her daughter was everything"
    No matter how cold the winter ,there´s a springtime ahead...

• Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    luxpjamer wrote:
    In sometimes my girlfriend is always laughing because she think that he is singing "like a pokemon ..." instead of " like a book amongs"....;)

So I'm not the only one who used to think that, although I knew it wasn't "Pokemon" really I couldn't work out what it was for real til I found out much later! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    In the song Angel, the true part is:

I'm not livin' what was promised
    I am close but can't enjoy

but I used to think it was:

I'm not livin' what was promised
    I am close from Kalimdor

I guess it was the WoW hype, :lol:
    México 24/11/2011
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Sad:

i used to sing (pretty recently actually) "and his holiness is proof" instead of "loneliness". DUH.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Sad:

i used to sing (pretty recently actually) "and his holiness is proof" instead of "loneliness". DUH.
    You were actually not wrong.

In the 1st and 2nd choruses, he says holiness and he says loenliness in the 3rd.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Lizard wrote:
    Sad:

In the 1st and 2nd choruses, he says holiness and he says loenliness in the 3rd.
    Thank you!!! I hate being wrong and I swore that's what I heard......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Sad:

Thank you!!! I hate being wrong and I swore that's what I heard......

Oh, no problem. I hate singing the wrong words too. I just wish this website would update some of the wrong lyrics. Some of them are just absurd.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Back when i first heard Jeremy I thought it was "dad lay in pools of provolone"
    Turns out t was "dead lay in pools of maroon below" :lol:
    i always wondered about them deadly maroons :lol:
    No matter how cold the winter ,there´s a springtime ahead...

• Options
    jonesjc14jonesjc14 Posts: 32
    edited January 2010
    When I was very young, maybe the first few times I've heard the song Jeremy, I thought little of the song, thinking the chorus sang- "tell me spoken, yesterday"

Man, was I blown away when realized the real lyrics and meaning to that song.
    Post edited by jonesjc14 on
    "Locking up a drug dealer isn't a deterrent, it's a job opening."
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    nocode23 wrote:
    When I was a kid I thought AC/DC's
    "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap"
    was
    "Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief."
    I thought the song was about an bad indian chief or something...

My 5 year old girl sings dirty deeds, THUNDERCHEEKS! :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    bec Ebec E Posts: 40
    My daughter thought the lyrics in rearview mirror were pissed on my plate, swallowed it down instead of fist hehe sorry if this one has been said before haven't read all replies :):)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember....
  • Options
    In Sometimes, I thought "my small self" was "mademoiselle".
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Given to Fly: "He got up, bought a beer, ran for hundreds of miles." :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    The first verse of Why Go I thought was "She scratches the litter!"

The bridge in No Way: "Ooh lets call in an engine"
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • Options
    "I got a girl, n I got some guys" , o let's get outta here, get outta here fast...

and at the time i related to it for some odd reason, so when my cousin said it's Car and Gas you fuck, I stayed in denial for a bit: )
  • Options
    StonerladyStonerlady Posts: 240
    Oceans - second line:

The curl ass was shaved
  • Options
    MSGARMARMSGARMAR Posts: 2
    Posted by DangDang

Salt Beams, Salt Beams, Salt Beams, Salt Beams,
    Clearer......cleareeerrrr
    want you in my rear view mirrrroro

I didn't KNOW it WASN'T "salt beams" until I just read the "sing out loud in your car" post.. I was thinking, "where do they sing "saw things" in rearview mirror". DUH!

I thought salt beams fit cuz when you're driving in the snow and the road crew (not Pearl Jam's) sprinkles salt on the road to make it melt quicker. And that grime left on your car is salt beams---OH nevermind, that would be "salt streams". Whatever was I thinking! Oh now I remember--the "spray up" from the salt on the road from the car in front of you is "salt beams". But then again, it wouldn't be in the rearviewmirror

For the longest time I used to sing "SUN BEAMS" instead of "Saw Things" until my buddy heard me and I've been ripped for it ever since.
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    unthought wrote:
    My daughter thought the lyrics in rearview mirror were pissed on my plate, swallowed it down instead of fist hehe sorry if this one has been said before haven't read all replies :):)

I am actually quite shocked :shock: that its not pissed on my plate.

But then again,

how much piss can a piss plate plate if a piss plate would plate piss anyway?
  • Options
    free2bemefree2beme Posts: 154
    the Sting song Every breath she takes there is a line "my poor heart aches" it seriously sounds like ...my poo hole aches :lol:
  • Options
    StraitlineStraitline Posts: 77
    In "Just Breathe" I thought he said "I don't want to hurt, but there's so much in this world to make me "believe", until I read the lyrics and saw that it was "bleed".
    M.Y.T.H. is belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear.

"If you love someone set them free ... if someone loves you don´t fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    AlyantisAlyantis Posts: 15
    Me:

Glorified Virgin of a Pelicannn

W.M.A.

"Holy smells" -> "Policeeee man"

Even Flow

"Big Ole' Thing of Concrete" -> "Pillow Made of Concrete"

Black

"Her legs spread out before me" -> "Were laid spread out before me"

Corduroy

"Everything has changed. Absolutely nothing's changed, take my hand, not my picture, says my ticture"

RVM:

"Pissed on my plate"

Rats:

"olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    I have the Corduroy "chains/change" and Rearview Mirror "pissed/fist" problems.

I don't understand how fist makes any sense. or any more sense. Is someone smashing their hand down on the plate or what?
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."