Options

Completely Misheard Lyrics?

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    lephty wrote:
    pissed on my plate.. swallowed it down

This is the best so far !!

Wait, That's not what he says? I just looked it up. I still like the pissed on my plate lyric. I think it adds more anger to the song personally. There has to been a time or two (or more) that Ed has sang it this way live, right?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    I'm guilty of a lot of these....I seriously read some and thought "wait, isn't that what he's saying?" And had to look it up!

I remember once driving somewhere with my husband and we were listening to Scar Tissue by RHCP, and he sang out "in my cousin's shed I'll share with you" instead of "with the birds I'll share this lonely view". I still laugh every time I hear that song!! :lol:
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    "Can't let Jim Rome inside my head"

Phenomenal! (in my best Jim Rome voice).

I also, for the longest time, never knew what the chorus section of In Hiding was saying. I don't even have a funny mis heard lyric for the part, I just mumbled or hummed something. After a change of state of mind (lyrical reference intended) the words became much clearer.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Not PJ.
    And not really misheard lyrics. I know the correct lyrics, but when I'm driving my car and not really paying attention this is what I sing:

Springsteen: We'd go down to the river - And into the river we drowned

And this, probably worse:
    QOTSA: whatever you do, don't kill anyone

I know it's "don't tell anyone". But every time, really every time, I accidentally sing KILL
    2006 Antwerp Belgium
    2007 Werchter Belgium
    2010 Nijmegen Netherlands,
    2010 Werchter Belgium
    2012 Werchter Belgium
    2014 Amsterdam 1 Netherlands
    2014 Werchter Belgium
  • Options
    I'm like an opening band for the Stones.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Glorified version of a pelican.....from my friend...would sing Glorified G outloud and for like a month was postive it was pelican...too funny no one wanted to tell him he was way off base.....

My brother also thought it was pelican but even better he thought it was, "Bye bye birdies, I'm a pelican". :fp:
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners:

"They're taking young innocents
    And then throw 'em on a burning pile"

When I heard it I thought it was:

"They're taking your innocence
    And then they go around burnin Val-a-halla"
  • Options
    Wave came crashing like a fish to the jaw.

The empty chair where Dad shits.