Options

Jan 6 Select Committee

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    The biggest dot is, as trump announces he is running this fall, all of us who so see him as a maniacal killer, need to ask our Republican friends and colleagues, “so you are going to vote for a murderer and cop killer?”
    Murderer is quite dramatic....I'd advise against it. ;)

Now - inciting violence that resulted in people dying.... 100%.

It would be very interesting to see where we would be if the pandemic had never happened...

1) Would trump have been re-elected?
    2) If Biden had won....would the economy doing better have made 2024 more of a shoe-in?

There are plenty of reasons for a level-headed former republican (meaning pre-maga) to not vote for Trump.  A crazy amount of reasons actually.  And unfortunately there are also a crazy amount of reasons to not vote for Biden.  For a conservative voter the issues where I see these guys losing votes are:

Trump:
    1) The fact that he doesn't believe in American Democracy
    2) The fact that he doesn't support our intelligence agency
    3) His alignment with dictators and strong men

Biden:
    1) It's the economy stupid
    2) Abortion and some other cultural issues
    3) Immigration

For me, it's a no brainer as if you lose American Democracy you eventually will lose many of the the other things that matter to you, including a varying number of your freedoms depending on who you are and what you believe.  It's unfortunate that is the case, but that is how I see it.  

I think the calculus for that changed after Hutchinson's testimony. Trump knew in advance his people had weapons, guns, spears and bear spray, trump brought them to dc and sent them to congress armed and loaded. Trump literally sent an armed militia to congress with the full knowledge they were armed and dangerous. He should have also known they also had explosives and military assault weapons in advance, as that became public knowledge on Jan 7.

For people willing to limit this now to “inciting violence” is unfair to the truth. People need to be held accountable for how they vote. And we have the right to speak honestly about that. If trumps own campaign manager says these deaths are fully and completely the responsibility of trump, by all logic the man is a maniacal killer, and we have the right to call him that. Publicly.
    Perhaps.  I certainly believe his words led to the deaths.  I just think it's still a tough leap for some to say he is a murder.  But maybe you are right.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    The final committee hearing is going to focus on the meetings between the WH and Proud Boys/Oath Keepers I believe....should be interesting
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    “Some other cultural issues.”

What’s virtual signaling again? Lil help here.
    For the other cultural issues I was referring mostly to the gender and sexuality debate and the "what's taught in school" type stuff.  Meaning these are some of the issues I see as to why some conservatives have a hard time voting for Joe and Dems.  And not as hard a line as you think...usually fine with lots of progress in those places, but also wonders where that finish line is.  Just my assessment from the people I know, could be off base.  

And shit...I forgot Guns....not sure how I forgot that issue.  Way too many conservatives have been scared into thinking common sense laws are an infringement on their rights and can't get past it.  
    You think any dem can appeal to cons? And what is “taught in school?” CRT? Finish line? Turning your kids gay and eliminating the white race. Cons ain’t Joe’s audience.
    Vs trump I do think so.  I have been far more republican than democrat in my life...and I voted for Hillary and Biden.  So I do think it's possible.

Have you looked at some of the questions in those math textbooks?  They were clearly there to drive an agenda, and it wasn't math.  For the most part I think people complaining about that are out of line and taking it too far, but there are clear examples for me that are driving a political agenda through a freakin math problem.  It's probably a really small % but I hate that it gave any credibility to the complaint.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,652

For the other cultural issues I was referring mostly to the gender and sexuality debate and the "what's taught in school" type stuff.  Meaning these are some of the issues I see as to why some conservatives have a hard time voting for Joe and Dems.  And not as hard a line as you think...usually fine with lots of progress in those places, but also wonders where that finish line is.  Just my assessment from the people I know, could be off base.  

And shit...I forgot Guns....not sure how I forgot that issue.  Way too many conservatives have been scared into thinking common sense laws are an infringement on their rights and can't get past it.  
    You think any dem can appeal to cons? And what is “taught in school?” CRT? Finish line? Turning your kids gay and eliminating the white race. Cons ain’t Joe’s audience.
    Vs trump I do think so.  I have been far more republican than democrat in my life...and I voted for Hillary and Biden.  So I do think it's possible.

Have you looked at some of the questions in those math textbooks?  They were clearly there to drive an agenda, and it wasn't math.  For the most part I think people complaining about that are out of line and taking it too far, but there are clear examples for me that are driving a political agenda through a freakin math problem.  It's probably a really small % but I hate that it gave any credibility to the complaint.
    Were they textbooks? Or were they “worksheets?” I ask because Tejas, as a state with one of the largest purchaser’s of public school textbooks, has an inordinate amount of influence as it relates to textbook content, with a rigorous review process in place, and that influences what text books are purchased and what their content is throughout ‘Murica.

While you view it as “driving an agenda,” I view it as just more lame faux outrage to rally the masses. Like some kid is going to decide they’re gay or feel guilty about their race because of a math word problem. How do you drive an agenda with a small %?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Were they textbooks? Or were they “worksheets?” I ask because Tejas, as a state with one of the largest purchaser’s of public school textbooks, has an inordinate amount of influence as it relates to textbook content, with a rigorous review process in place, and that influences what text books are purchased and what their content is throughout ‘Murica.

While you view it as “driving an agenda,” I view it as just more lame faux outrage to rally the masses. Like some kid is going to decide they’re gay or feel guilty about their race because of a math word problem. How do you drive an agenda with a small %?
    It was a textbook.  And I am not sure if driving an agenda or not, cause if I had read it without the outrage out there I may not have thought much of anything.  I was reading them trying to find where the outrage came from and found some examples I thought made sense.

Again - it is a pretty weird thing to make the top of your (the general you) worry list.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463

How do you drive an agenda with a small % you ask? By starting off small and then slowly increasing it. It's called desensitizing. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    TJ25487 said:

How do you drive an agenda with a small % you ask? By starting off small and then slowly increasing it. It's called desensitizing. 
    So, are kids going to turn gay or feel guilty of their race because of a math word problem? And is that the “agenda?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

So, are kids going to turn gay or feel guilty of their race because of a math word problem? And is that the “agenda?”
    So I wonder how you would feel about a math problem involving a political topic that you hold a different opinion on?  Cause that's how I was trying to look at it.  Then again, as I said, if I wasn't specifically looking for it I might not have noticed at all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

No that won't turn them gay but it would be a good tool for a teacher to use if they wanted to groom them into it. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    TJ25487 said:

So I wonder how you would feel about a math problem involving a political topic that you hold a different opinion on?  Cause that's how I was trying to look at it.  Then again, as I said, if I wasn't specifically looking for it I might not have noticed at all.
    Can you post a link to the math problem that you are referring to?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

Can you post a link to the math problem that you are referring to?
    It was a while back... I think I posted a link then here...I'll take a look
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Found it: If Silent Bob sucks 37 dicks but doesn't swallow, does that mean he's gay?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2022/04/21/4-math-textbook-problems-florida-prohibited/

Here are some.  This was one that made me wonder why it was chosen.  Again, I personally don;t care but trying to put myself in someone else's thought process.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    And I think it would be different in a different class where you were actually discussing the issue raised. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    dankind said:
    Found it: If Silent Bob sucks 37 dicks but doesn't swallow, does that mean he's gay?
    I think that was an old edition.  The newer one is on You Tube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QnfHRtlt8
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

You mean like, “ if 300 BLM’ers storm the west side of the Capitol in a stack formation at 9:03 am and 400 Antiiiiiif’ers storm the east side of the Capitol in disarray at 9:10 am, what time would they meet in the rotunda? How many of each would be indicted? And what percentage of the total number of leftist radical communist Dems do they represent?” 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

No that won't turn them gay but it would be a good tool for a teacher to use if they wanted to groom them into it. 
    I knew it! Every gay person I’ve ever met was groomed into it. Best if we stop teaching math.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

You mean like, “ if 300 BLM’ers storm the west side of the Capitol in a stack formation at 9:03 am and 400 Antiiiiiif’ers storm the east side of the Capitol in disarray at 9:10 am, what time would they meet in the rotunda? How many of each would be indicted? And what percentage of the total number of leftist radical communist Dems do they represent?” 
    Was kinda thinking more about media bias, abortions as birth control, welfare fraud, etc.... lots of things could be put in their that are political in nature without discussion of the topic.  

Personally if it's fact based, don't care much.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

I knew it! Every gay person I’ve ever met was groomed into it. Best if we stop teaching math.
    Best to stop teaching woke math. Especially without the parents consent. 
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

Math sleeps? What time does it woke up?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

Math sleeps? What time does it woke up?
    The same time you woke up. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Oh the horror! Boo! And identified during the review process to boot. Good thing gubner Deathsantis gets up early.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/22/us/florida-math-textbooks-critical-race-theory-examples/index.html
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    In the immortal words of Michael Jackson: "CRT! It's as easy as 1,2,3!  CRT! Baby you and me! 
  • Options
    Oh the horror! Boo! And identified during the review process to boot. Good thing gubner Deathsantis gets up early.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/22/us/florida-math-textbooks-critical-race-theory-examples/index.html
    At least your on record early as bashing the future POTUS! Good job. Your a real groundbreaker! 
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

At least your on record early as bashing the future POTUS! Good job. Your a real groundbreaker! 
    Enjoy your authoritarianism.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,650
    You say future POTUS, I say current Piece of Garbage.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

Thanks! Anything would be better than this shit show! 
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

And there you have it, folks.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    i hope trump runs again so he can lose the popular vote 3 times in a row.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:

And there you have it, folks.

OMG! How did a conservative sneak onto this message board??? (waits for the backlash from the masses)