Options

Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    MEK42 said:
    I’m not able to get to the venue til 3-4pm on Saturday though since I’m flying cross country, it seems like a gamble to find people who are still out there selling tickets that late, no?
    I think it will be easy. I think you have 3 options here. Well 4 if you do not go

1. Line it up with someone on the given2fly section who is selling to meet you at that time
    2. Buy it from someone outside the gate trying to dump their ticket
    3. Tickets are still for sale. I am not sure about day of the show though but it is not sold out right now. Worse case you buy it for full price. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

• Options
    PJNB said:

Thanks for posting both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I am too lazy this morning to do the math in my head. Should be perfect weather! 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Just bought a SAT GA ticket on Stubhub, supposedly paper ticket (maybe wristband?) to be delivered by FRI by UPS, we're flying to San Diego on SAT.  $55 ticket, $75 after fees, minus a $55 coupon for a previous Stubhub fiasco, so $20 all in...hopefully :) 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Think I'm gonna go to the Cards-Rams game on Sunday after the Saturday show.

Dodgers are in town too.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Dodgers are in town too.
    Nice! I was looking at that too but I have to work Monday - must fly Sunday.  Can’t complain though - was able to swing the full tour, such as it is.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    My buddy and I are staying in Huntington Beach and going to the Saturday show. Didn’t plan on renting a car. Will we be able to take an Uber/Lyft to and from the show? 
  • Options
    URthekey said:
    Anyone else staying at Laguna Cliffs Marriott?
    Just booked this place for the weekend myself.
    Decided to stay near the venue to eliminate the getting to and from hassle and be closer to the party.
    It looks pretty swanky!
    I'm staying there! It looks pretty nice. Since I'm traveling alone figured I'd spend the extra $ to be walking distance. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Dodgers are in town too.
    I snagged the Dodgers tickets the same day as Encore hoping it'd be an important game for division or wild card.

Haha, that didn't pan out thanks to the Padres, but will be cool to see Dodger stadium Thursday night.
  • Options
    Oh man....it just hit me I'm getting on the plane to head out to this in like 16 hours.

Let's gooooo!!!

My buddy I'm going with is recently divorced, and has had TWO open heart surgeries the last few years.  He just told me he's never looked forward to a trip as much as this in his life.

He's single and ready to mingle, ladies!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    MEK42 said:
    I’m not able to get to the venue til 3-4pm on Saturday though since I’m flying cross country, it seems like a gamble to find people who are still out there selling tickets that late, no?
    I know someone willing to meet up & sell bands below face. @twang has 1 GA Weekend & 1 Sat GA. All we need is a cheap Friday, and you're good.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Stubhub has plenty of GA at way under face.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    There are hundreds of GA's for Saturday only for like $60 plus fees on Stubhub.

Friday is like $85 plus fees.

Still looking for someone to post a couple of Sat VIP's for like $200-$300, otherwise we'll just do GA for Saturday.

Best deal I've seen so far was a single FULL WEEKEND VIP pass for $500 plus fees.

If I didn't already have a Friday VIP I would have scooped that fucker up with a quickness.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Oh man....it just hit me I'm getting on the plane to head out to this in like 16 hours.

Let's gooooo!!!

My buddy I'm going with is recently divorced, and has had TWO open heart surgeries the last few years.  He just told me he's never looked forward to a trip as much as this in his life.

He's single and ready to mingle, ladies!
    Ya work has been nuts for me last couple of days and I have to work the night shift tonight but it is just sinking that I am flying to LAX in 24hrs! 
  • Options
    There were a few days on Stubhub where Friday GA passes were selling for MORE than Weekend GA's, which literally makes zero sense at all.

Even now, it's only like $20 more for a weekend GA pass than just Friday.

How does that make any sense at all?

I am constantly amazed by market dynamics.

Fascinating!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    edited September 2021
    Saltzy23 said:
    The only downside to stubhub is we're in a tight shipping window. Yeah, you're guaranteed, but then you're back to square one. At least here on the boards, it's fan to fan. Meet up, make a friend, or at least a beer. Mostly, lol. I've never had a bad exp.

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Go Animal said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    The only downside to stubhub is we're in a tight shipping window. Yeah, you're guaranteed, but then you're back to square one. At least here on the boards, it's fan to fan. Meet up, make a friend, or at least a beer. Mostly, lol. I've never had a bad exp.

They usually have a Last Minute Services tent set up for this kind of thing.

Not sure if they have one for this.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    Hello friends, I still have 3 tickets available for the encore weekend.  Each pass I sell for 150 and I deliver it on Friday at the entrance of the event at a time to be agreed .. (They are tickets from friends who could not attend from Chile).
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thro84 said:
    My buddy and I are staying in Huntington Beach and going to the Saturday show. Didn’t plan on renting a car. Will we be able to take an Uber/Lyft to and from the show? 
    The one negative part of this festival is that there were no cars available for about 75 minutes after the show ended. We stumbled into the Rib Joint after the first night and ended up going there all three nights.  Divey for sure but it worked.  I think you can also go down to the harbor but not sure about what is open after the show. We tried to reserve a car ahead of time, but they wanted $125 to go 9 miles. Get someone to pick you up, get shuttle passes, or prepare to wait.   
  • Options
    Not gonna tell anyone how to handle their business, but if you are trying to sell tickets at face, you are gonna have a hard time.

Certainly for GA's

If you have extras I would just say you will take the 1st best offer.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not gonna tell anyone how to handle their business, but if you are trying to sell tickets at face, you are gonna have a hard time.

Certainly for GA's

If you have extras I would just say you will take the 1st best offer.
    I've made peace now that I lost the money
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    edited September 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by davidos on
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    edited September 2021
    CLAIMED -- Free: I have a weekend shuttle pass. PM if interested.
    Post edited by aliciav on
  • Options
    davidos said:
    I have 2 GA weekend passes that I’ll take the first best offer. Pm me!
    Check out my reply in the Covid thread. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,189
    Go Animal said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I always do boards first. Never had a bad experience. I’ve actually only had a stellar experience with everyone.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    MEK42 said:

Really screwed over by garbage company VIVID SEATS. Not sure what to do. Bought two tickets for my GF and I to go to Ohana Encore on Saturday  

I placed the order on Monday night and put my friend’s address in NYC for the tickets to be shipped to (I’m briefly in nyc and then flying back to the west coast Sat morning) — when I looked at my account, the shipping address showed Portland. Immediately I contacted them asking them to change it, and they said they changed it and I got an email confirming it. All good, right?

I get an email tonight (Tues night) with my UPS tracking number - and the tickets are en route… to Portland. So I contact them again, and ask what happened/wanted to see if they could remedy it. They told me it was too late to change the address. I told them someone already told me the address was changed, and they’re now saying the label was printed immediately when I made the order and can’t be changed. So the first guy just straight up lied to me. 

They said they could ask UPS to reroute but they could deny the request, and if they accept, it could delay tickets by 24-48 hours. I need the tickets in NYC by Friday because I fly back Saturday morning so that’s a massive gamble and if they can’t do it, I just won’t be able to go to the show. Their “guarantee” about tickets arriving in time doesn’t mean anything, clearly. I asked if they’d refund me so I could buy a new pair and overnight them and they straight up denied me, and basically called me a liar that their system auto took my PayPal info rather than the shipping address I put. 

I’m debating just buying another pair because missing this iconic show for such a stupid reason seems like it’d be a huge regret, but I don’t know what to do… I’m so mad at this site for their absolutely atrocious customer support. 

You won't believe me when I say this...... but I just bought another pair on Stubhub and it happened AGAIN. There was no place to put shipping so I didn't think the order was completed and then lo and behold, the order went through and the tickets are shipping to Portland.

Spent 55 mins on hold with CS, couldn't get through. They have no email. I DMed on twitter, no response.

I truly can't believe I've spent like $300 on these tickets that I won't even get now. I'm truly freaking out right now. I've bought tickets online for 15+ years and I've never had experiences this awful, confusing, and unreconcilable. 
  • Options
    So State of Arizona employees have access to a discount marketplace, which includes access to discounted tickets and a resale marketplace. Just happened to see 2-day GA Encore tickets for 99/each.  Kinda wishin my FOMO hadn't kicked in when they announced the Encore shows. .... 
  • Options
    MEK42 said:
    MEK42 said:

Really screwed over by garbage company VIVID SEATS. Not sure what to do. Bought two tickets for my GF and I to go to Ohana Encore on Saturday  

I placed the order on Monday night and put my friend’s address in NYC for the tickets to be shipped to (I’m briefly in nyc and then flying back to the west coast Sat morning) — when I looked at my account, the shipping address showed Portland. Immediately I contacted them asking them to change it, and they said they changed it and I got an email confirming it. All good, right?

I get an email tonight (Tues night) with my UPS tracking number - and the tickets are en route… to Portland. So I contact them again, and ask what happened/wanted to see if they could remedy it. They told me it was too late to change the address. I told them someone already told me the address was changed, and they’re now saying the label was printed immediately when I made the order and can’t be changed. So the first guy just straight up lied to me. 

They said they could ask UPS to reroute but they could deny the request, and if they accept, it could delay tickets by 24-48 hours. I need the tickets in NYC by Friday because I fly back Saturday morning so that’s a massive gamble and if they can’t do it, I just won’t be able to go to the show. Their “guarantee” about tickets arriving in time doesn’t mean anything, clearly. I asked if they’d refund me so I could buy a new pair and overnight them and they straight up denied me, and basically called me a liar that their system auto took my PayPal info rather than the shipping address I put. 

I’m debating just buying another pair because missing this iconic show for such a stupid reason seems like it’d be a huge regret, but I don’t know what to do… I’m so mad at this site for their absolutely atrocious customer support. 

You won't believe me when I say this...... but I just bought another pair on Stubhub and it happened AGAIN. There was no place to put shipping so I didn't think the order was completed and then lo and behold, the order went through and the tickets are shipping to Portland.

Spent 55 mins on hold with CS, couldn't get through. They have no email. I DMed on twitter, no response.

I truly can't believe I've spent like $300 on these tickets that I won't even get now. I'm truly freaking out right now. I've bought tickets online for 15+ years and I've never had experiences this awful, confusing, and unreconcilable. 
    Yeah man, StuhHub customer service is a joke now.

I had to wait over 3 hours last week to get a situation resolved.

They are 100% guaranteed though, so I would suggest just calling back at an odd time and waiting on hold for a rep.

You are right though.  Even if a deal pops up now, I would have to be insane to buy it without knowing how to actually get the wristbands,
  • Options
    I have two free shuttle passes for Friday, assuming I can just forward someone the email I received with the pdf. (if this is not how it works please let me know). 

I also have a spare wristband for Friday if anyone needs one. 
  • Options
    I’m officially out guys. Took a rapid test this morning hoping to get a last minute flight tomorrow (after canceling this past Tuesday), and still came back positive. Will be canceling the Marina Inn for Thursday night and Holiday Inn at Laguna Beach Fri and Sat. Really bummed
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2