Options

Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    tish said:
    Senlick said:
    Ok, I have an offer for 1 free GA wristband for Encore weekend. I am from PA and am at Ohana this weekend(pumped for PJ tonight) but just found out I need to fly back early tomorrow instead of next Sunday after Encore weekend to take care of my mom who broke her hip instead of staying in CA all week. I will give the wristband to you for free in exchange for you buying me a poster for each night next weekend and shipping them to me . I think there will be different posters each day. I will be at the festival later today so must meet in person where I will give you the wristband and shake on the deal for you to buy me both posters and ship them to me. I would prefer I give the wristband to someone who has a solid reputation on here and someone who can vouch for you.
    Handshake deal, huh. Haven't done that since the last time when I didn't see a single, shiny, red penny.
    Shouldn’t it be an elbow bump deal these days?
    It was a fist bump actually :)
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    So is Pearl Jam really playing 3 hrs slots at Ohana Encore?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    vedpunk said:
    Thats the hope! Hopefully today or tomorrow we get the official roll out of set times. 
  • Options
    Anyone that wants to meet up for Encore and have a chat or just say hi send me a pm and we can exchange info. I will be going with my wife and staying at the BW Marina Shores.

Cheers!
     Jeff
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,931
    PJNB said:
    Anyone that wants to meet up for Encore and have a chat or just say hi send me a pm and we can exchange info. I will be going with my wife and staying at the BW Marina Shores.

Cheers!
     Jeff
    Cheers n' beers, y'all!🍻
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    PJNB said:

Cheers!
     Jeff
    Heading to Encore with my wife as well---bigger group dropped out due to Covid concerns.  My family is from PEI (left in the 1880's and settled in SF) so we are already Atlantic Province brothers.....
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,931
    Anyone else getting the feeling that Encore is going to be the defacto PJ30??
    Like this last weekend was totally committed as a far as performers & featured guests go, but there's definitely a loose vibe for this coming weekend. Lots of history with Beck, Brandi, SK, and the NHC power trio... thoughts?
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Like this last weekend was totally committed as a far as performers & featured guests go, but there's definitely a loose vibe for this coming weekend. Lots of history with Beck, Brandi, SK, and the NHC power trio... thoughts?
    Definitely lots of collabs, covers, fan pleasers. Probably a special appearance or 2 that aren’t listed. Ohana’s lineup is diverse, and wonderful for it. Encore is more targeted to us.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this weekend. Weather looks great too, as of now.
  • Options
    My wife and I are at Fairfield by Marriott in Mission Viejo but I don’t think we’re spending much time there. Straight from LAX to shuttle stop if I remember. Leaving Sunday.
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

That would be awesome! What else would be PJ30? They can do whatever they do and we can call it PJ30 if we want. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    Go Animal said:
    Definitely lots of collabs, covers, fan pleasers. Probably a special appearance or 2 that aren’t listed. Ohana’s lineup is diverse, and wonderful for it. Encore is more targeted to us.
    Really enjoyed the collabs yesterday with Brandi covering Soundgarden during her set and joining PJ for Betterman. Hopefully we get 3-hour sets so that anyone joining doesn’t take over too much of a setlist.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 917
    PJNB said:

Cheers!
     Jeff
    i just got home from this hotel, Was there since last thursday. At work now, uggg. But will be back this weekend!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,208
    Go Animal said:
    Yep! I also think they try to use these 2 shows to experiment and find where gigaton songs fit into a proper set. I dont think it will just be 6 gigaton to open. I see some moving towards encore and a couple early and mid set. They can use this to get ready for the proper run in spring 22. 

Hoping for a handful of deep cuts between the 2 days! 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Just to verify, a picture of my vaccination card on my phone qualifies as proof, correct? Just want to make sure I have that right. I couldn't find clarification on the website.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    twangtwang Posts: 62
    Agree with the high hopes for this weekend.  If DMB can do 3 nights at the Gorge every year with 0 repeats, PJ can certainly do it for 2 at Ohana.  I just put up a hotel offer in Given to Fly.  Really need to offload a GA pass, and willing to give up my hotel for it :(
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I think whatever the format ends up being for the encore shows, you guys are going to see something special.  I’m excited to see the set lists and wish you all a great weekend. Enjoy! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    What do you mean PJ30? this will be my first (& second) show & I could not be more excited! Coming from Kansas City! 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    edited September 2021
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Thats the hope! Hopefully today or tomorrow we get the official roll out of set times. 
    Isn't this official?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021252/uploads/editor/cu/xkok1245aft0.jpeg
    Post edited by CopperTom on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Just to verify, a picture of my vaccination card on my phone qualifies as proof, correct? Just want to make sure I have that right. I couldn't find clarification on the website.
    That's correct. this is the info that I got from the email they sent out in august:

Upon entry, all attendees will be required to:

(1) Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
    The test must have been taken within 72 hours of each day you are attending. 2-day ticket holders may be tested Wednesday, September 29th or Thursday, September 30th for their negative result to be honored on both festival days.
    OR
    (2) Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19

Documentation will be checked upon entry. The following will be accepted:
    1. Physical copy of negative test result or vaccination card
    2. Photocopy of negative test result or vaccination card
    3. Photo of negative test result or vaccination card on your phone

We strongly encourage all guests be fully vaccinated against We strongly encourage all guests be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be fully vaccinated in time for Ohana Encore, you’ll need to have received your last Moderna or Pfizer (or single Johnson & Johnson) dose by September 17th.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,871
    edited September 2021
    Kansas said:
    Go Animal said:
    What do you mean PJ30? this will be my first (& second) show & I could not be more excited! Coming from Kansas City! 
    30 years of Pearl Jam. That is how long they have been a band. 10 years ago they commemorated their 20th year with PJ20.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    edited September 2021
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Isn't this official?
    Probably? Sleater Kinney was left off with no explanation so I’m taking it with light salt until I know it’s a mistake or not.  Also, it’s my first time. How “beachy” is it? Is it a sandals or shoes type of scenario?
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Isn't this official?
    ya its def official just need confirmation on the end times as well to confirm the potential longer set. 
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Isn't this official?
    Probably? Sleater Kinney was left off with no explanation so I’m taking it with light salt until I know it’s a mistake or not.  Also, it’s my first time. How “beachy” is it? Is it a sandals or shoes type of scenario?
    If you want to play bags/cornhole then it's beachy/sand.  But I highly recommend you wear your most comfortable shoes you own.  I'm pushing 49 (but in pretty good shape) and standing in the middle of the pit (matted down grass/some hard dirt) was brutal.  My last trek to the bathroom and for water & beer was before Yola.  It was definitely hard to get around in the lawn once Brandi came on. 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Isn't this official?
    If you want to play bags/cornhole then it's beachy/sand.  But I highly recommend you wear your most comfortable shoes you own.  I'm pushing 49 (but in pretty good shape) and standing in the middle of the pit (matted down grass/some hard dirt) was brutal.  My last trek to the bathroom and for water & beer was before Yola.  It was definitely hard to get around in the lawn once Brandi came on. 
    I agree with this and am off to the shoe store before weekend two.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    twang said:
    Agree with the high hopes for this weekend.  If DMB can do 3 nights at the Gorge every year with 0 repeats, PJ can certainly do it for 2 at Ohana.  I just put up a hotel offer in Given to Fly.  Really need to offload a GA pass, and willing to give up my hotel for it :(
    There will be repeats because the key new songs are going to be played for sure every night. 
  • Options
    rtsillsrtsills Atlanta, Georgia Posts: 36
    I've got an extra GA 2-day wristband for Ohana.  Looking to offload it for cheap to any PJ fan in need!  Just don't want it to go to waste and maybe pay for some beers!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,363
    PJNB said:

Cheers!
     Jeff
    Sure... I'll l be at Marina Inn...
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,248
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Isn't this official?
    VIP has a beach seating area -- chairs in the sand, bar in the sand. Most of the rest is (well-trod) grass or paved walkway. It's a long day, I second the recommendation for comfortable shoes, especially if you're on the older side like some of us. ;-) I did see some brave barefoot souls, but they were few and far between.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    Okay... I did it! I can't make the whole weekend work logistically or financially, but I'm going for Saturday's show. Hoping they save the best for last ;)

Found very cheap tickets on VividSeats, shockingly so... although I stupidly didn't do overnight shipping, so now I have to hope the seller ships tomorrow and it arrives by Friday, because I'll be on a plane Saturday and won't be able to get them. Ack!