Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    RD257711 said:
    Anyone else staying at the Best Western Capistrano, I'm also there Saturday night of Encore weekend. Haven't made plans for getting to/from Ohana so if anyone is driving to Dana Point and has a couple of spare seats (happy to wear masks etc.) or wants to join up to cut the cost for an Uber/ride-share then let me know! 
    We are!  There’s 4 in our party.  Rented car.  Not sure how we are getting to/from shows each night though.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Super pumped for the Encore Shows!  Flying in from Austin for the final Sat night show.  Surprised this hasn’t sold out and I was able to get a cheap ticket but I’ll be rocking out regardless!  What are expectations for this weekend?  
  • I have VIP and woke up to an email this morning.

They start at 7:50! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Super disappointed Sleater Kinney has apparently dropped off though.

• I have VIP and woke up to an email this morning.

Got the same email. I think it’s just a mistake. Sleater Kinney will be scheduled on Sunday. Doubt “white reaper” is playing both days at the same time
  • sfrduder said:
    I have VIP and woke up to an email this morning.

Got the same email. I think it’s just a mistake. Sleater Kinney will be scheduled on Sunday. Doubt “white reaper” is playing both days at the same time
    I hope you are right. I thought it was more White Reaper will replace Sleater, who can’t make it or something 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited September 2021

Thanks for sharing
  • sfrduder said:

Fingers crossed. 
  • MEK42 said:
    I really, really want to go to this fest but I waited far too long and the hotel/air bnb prices are INSANE. If anyone has a solution, I'm all ears. 
    I have an Airbnb about 7 miles away that I may have to cancel (It is fully refundable). It was $433 for 2 nights. If I don't use it, I could contact the host and perhaps you could grab it.
  • timdwilli said:
    A heads up for anyone still looking for close-ish lodging, I kept checking and was just able to get a room at the Marriott on points, so will be cancelling a 10/1-10/3 reservation at the Residence Inn in the next minute or two... 
    Laguna Cliffs Marriott?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    So are we thinking 3hr set with extended curfew the same as this week? 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited September 2021
    PJNB said:
    So are we thinking 3hr set with extended curfew the same as this week? 
    That's what I am thinking. Likely hit stage at 8, go till 10:50 or so.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Man, that would be great!
    Just booked my flight and hotel so bring it on!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I would absolutely take White Reaper over Sleater Kinney but that’s just me.  
  • I'm attending the Encore show 10/1 and wondering how difficult it might be to get an Uber/Lyft from south of Dana Point to the festival? Any insight from people who went this weekend would be great!  
  • I would absolutely take White Reaper over Sleater Kinney but that’s just me.  
    White Reaper are fuckin incredible. Their last album sounds like a lost Thin Lizzy record. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    MEK42 said:
    I really, really want to go to this fest but I waited far too long and the hotel/air bnb prices are INSANE. If anyone has a solution, I'm all ears. 
    I have an Airbnb about 7 miles away that I may have to cancel (It is fully refundable). It was $433 for 2 nights. If I don't use it, I could contact the host and perhaps you could grab it.
    I appreciate the offer but it's a little too pricey for my budget 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    CW212561 said:
    I'm attending the Encore show 10/1 and wondering how difficult it might be to get an Uber/Lyft from south of Dana Point to the festival? Any insight from people who went this weekend would be great!  

How far south? Are you talking San Clemente or Oceanside?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    Ok, I have an offer for 1 free GA wristband for Encore weekend. I am from PA and am at Ohana this weekend(pumped for PJ tonight) but just found out I need to fly back early tomorrow instead of next Sunday after Encore weekend to take care of my mom who broke her hip instead of staying in CA all week. I will give the wristband to you for free in exchange for you buying me a poster for each night next weekend and shipping them to me . I think there will be different posters each day. I will be at the festival later today so must meet in person where I will give you the wristband and shake on the deal for you to buy me both posters and ship them to me. I would prefer I give the wristband to someone who has a solid reputation on here and someone who can vouch for you.
    Senlick said:
    Ok, I have an offer for 1 free GA wristband for Encore weekend. I am from PA and am at Ohana this weekend(pumped for PJ tonight) but just found out I need to fly back early tomorrow instead of next Sunday after Encore weekend to take care of my mom who broke her hip instead of staying in CA all week. I will give the wristband to you for free in exchange for you buying me a poster for each night next weekend and shipping them to me . I think there will be different posters each day. I will be at the festival later today so must meet in person where I will give you the wristband and shake on the deal for you to buy me both posters and ship them to me. I would prefer I give the wristband to someone who has a solid reputation on here and someone who can vouch for you.
    I guess I should add you would need to commit to getting there early each day before the posters sell out :)
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    Sent you a PM. 

Senlick said:
    Senlick said:
    I guess I should add you would need to commit to getting there early each day before the posters sell out :)

• I have one Weekend wristband for sale. Dm me if interested 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Damn nice PJ with a full 3 hour window. Sounds like some full setlist shows!! 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    Damn nice PJ with a full 3 hour window. Sounds like some full setlist shows!! 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^It will be. Bring on 3 hours+. Can’t wait! 
    Senlick said:
    Senlick said:
    Update free wristband for Encore weekend still available. Both people who messaged me backed out. I am currently at the festival if anyone is interested. I also have a shuttle pass for next weekend.
    Senlick said:
    Senlick said:
    Senlick said:
    Update free wristband for Encore weekend still available. Both people who messaged me backed out. I am currently at the festival if anyone is interested. I also have a shuttle pass for next weekend.
    Wristband is now spoken for.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Sounds like we have potential to finish off the gigaton debuts next weekend with who ever said, buckle up, comes then goes, and river cross in play for encore
  • marcPJfan said:
    RD257711 said:
    Anyone else staying at the Best Western Capistrano, I'm also there Saturday night of Encore weekend. Haven't made plans for getting to/from Ohana so if anyone is driving to Dana Point and has a couple of spare seats (happy to wear masks etc.) or wants to join up to cut the cost for an Uber/ride-share then let me know! 
    We are!  There’s 4 in our party.  Rented car.  Not sure how we are getting to/from shows each night though.
    Awesome! Well if you end up getting an Uber/Lyft etc. to/from the show and can't all fit in one car and need to split the cost then we could try and share. Really can't wait for next Saturday - especially after seeing those setlist times!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    Senlick said:
    Handshake deal, huh. Haven't done that since the last time when I didn't see a single, shiny, red penny.
  • tish said:
    Senlick said:
    Handshake deal, huh. Haven't done that since the last time when I didn't see a single, shiny, red penny.
    Shouldn’t it be an elbow bump deal these days?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023