2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Foos just announced a handful of Cali shows.  C'mon PJ!  Announce the spring dates!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Any chance Pearl Jam does a special "Town Hall" type of appearance on the Howard Stern radio show like Stern did with Billy Joel?  Have a 2 hour show with Howard interviewing the band for 30 minutes, then a few songs, then more Q & A and then a few more songs.  I'd be down for that.
    not in person.  howard is still locked down.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    JojoRice said:
    Foos just announced a handful of Cali shows.  C'mon PJ!  Announce the spring dates!
    You could do worse than seeing them at Park MGM at those 2 nights in December. It is a 5200 seat purpose built concert venue set up for headliner residencies. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Looks like the season debut of SNL is first weekend of October or thereabouts so I guess they can hang out for a week or two and play the Season Premiere!  :)
    Unless they fly back East after the 2 Ohana weekends, I don't see that happening.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Any chance Pearl Jam does a special "Town Hall" type of appearance on the Howard Stern radio show like Stern did with Billy Joel?  Have a 2 hour show with Howard interviewing the band for 30 minutes, then a few songs, then more Q & A and then a few more songs.  I'd be down for that.

They were supposed to go live on Howard when they were in NYC for the Apollo and MSG shows.

Eddie went on in November 2020.

I'd say it could happen.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ComeToTX said:
    Any chance Pearl Jam does a special "Town Hall" type of appearance on the Howard Stern radio show like Stern did with Billy Joel?  Have a 2 hour show with Howard interviewing the band for 30 minutes, then a few songs, then more Q & A and then a few more songs.  I'd be down for that.
    not in person.  howard is still locked down.

I don't think it's just Howard though. Either he or someone with his show (I can't remember) said that the whole SiriusXM compound is still under strict lockdown with very few people getting in.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Starting October 4th attending any shows here you need to be fully vaccinated. 

So if PJ doesn't want to play indoors, any outdoor event here would be great! :) 
  • What are the odds it’s taking so long because they want to announce all 2022 calendar year shows at once??
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I think they are still unsure about playing indoors. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It's so wierd watching 100% capacity concerts and sporting events on TV, but here in Canada (at least in BC) we aren't allow anything that big :(
    Zod said:
    It's so wierd watching 100% capacity concerts and sporting events on TV, but here in Canada (at least in BC) we aren't allow anything that big :(

I know right? They even tell us here you still are recommended to wear a mask in large crowds, even if you are fully vaccinated. On CTV the other night many folks in Alberta who were fully vaccinated were taken to hospital because they got COVID.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

I know right? They even tell us here you still are recommended to wear a mask in large crowds, even if you are fully vaccinated. On CTV the other night many folks in Alberta who were fully vaccinated were taken to hospital because they got COVID.
    Your government cares more about you than money. I think its a good thing.
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Your government cares more about you than money. I think its a good thing.

It is but way too much restrictions up here.
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    Zod said:
    I'm a few hours from Buffalo (in Ontario). Watching full capacity Bills games seems so strange.
    biz999 said:
    Zod said:
    I'm a few hours from Buffalo (in Ontario). Watching full capacity Bills games seems so strange.

lol

• jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Toronto just increased its capacity to 50 percent for leaf/raptor games.  So lets hope this increases into the new year for concerts.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    jefft said:
    Toronto just increased its capacity to 50 percent for leaf/raptor games.  So lets hope this increases into the new year for concerts.
    I think QC is at 33% for the start of the year. Is there a gameplan or timeline here for opening up to 100%?
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    I think QC is at 33% for the start of the year. Is there a gameplan or timeline here for opening up to 100%?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6189320

Just updated about an hour ago.
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

I see they expect full capacity for hockey when the regular season starts. That should go for concerts too should it not?
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

I see they expect full capacity for hockey when the regular season starts. That should go for concerts too should it not?
    Let's hope it does.
  • PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

It will. They’ll do what the jays and leafs both did and oversell even without approval. If they don’t get the approval then they refund the most recent buyers. 
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

It will. They’ll do what the jays and leafs both did and oversell even without approval. If they don’t get the approval then they refund the most recent buyers. 
    I am thinking more along the lines of PJ being able to announce the rescheds. No way they do it after waiting this long until they know they can have shows in Canada at full capacity. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    With Earthling dropping are we going to have EV dates next year as well??
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

I am thinking more along the lines of PJ being able to announce the rescheds. No way they do it after waiting this long until they know they can have shows in Canada at full capacity. 
    The issue is the situation can’t be judged based on current assessments. I would say November or December is when we’ll hear if things improve beyond what we’re currently seeing.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:

The issue is the situation can’t be judged based on current assessments. I would say November or December is when we’ll hear if things improve beyond what we’re currently seeing.
    Maybe. Ontario has done fantastic compared to other parts of Canada on this wave and have pretty much had the same daily cases since August. Hopefully the number trends down soon and this is the last of the major waves. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    do we know when it drops?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    do we know when it drops?
    I’m thinking before the end of the year.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Can definitely say after Farm Aid yesterday I am nowhere ready to attend an indoor show and am glad the band continues to be cautious about rescheduling. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    JimmyV said:
    Can definitely say after Farm Aid yesterday I am nowhere ready to attend an indoor show and am glad the band continues to be cautious about rescheduling. 
    Me too. I will hold on to my tickets until whenever they think it’s safe enough to tour again. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    JimmyV said:
    Me too. I will hold on to my tickets until whenever they think it’s safe enough to tour again. 
    Same here, I'll hold on until there ready or are allowed to play full indoor shows.