Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    how does one request a refund? My Ottawa tickets don't have that option in my TM account. I just got a refund on another show though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    Alpine 2022
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    Alpine 2022
    DMB?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    afgpj said:
    The fall tour in 2013 began on Oct 11.  It was announced on July 8.  There's still time.
    Of course there is still time, that’s not really the issue. It’s the fact they are choosing to stay quiet even though pretty much every other major band that postponed has announced new dates or flat out cancelled already. This situation is very different since they have had our money compared to a brand new tour announcement. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,922
    AFI just announced they are delaying their tour until the fall.

I'm ok if Pearl Jam delays till Fall. Just give us a sign already before we all go balastic! Some idea of what's going on would be great.
  • Options
    how does one request a refund? My Ottawa tickets don't have that option in my TM account. I just got a refund on another show though. 
    If the ticket is from ten club you can request it from Tickets Today, which is the TM affiliate that distributed 10c tickets.  There would be an email from them from March 2020 that you need to reply to to request it.  If the tkt is not from 10c then I don’t know how or if refunds can currently be requested.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Zod said:
    I think the announcement they put out in the fall was before omicron or just as omicron started making the news.  My guess is with so many months passed, things might of changed.

It's all over the place with other bands.  Some are going full speed ahead, some are delaying, some do small/tight tours, etc..

I'm guessing it could either be they are testing the water's with the EV tour in smaller venues, or waiting for the omicron wave to calm down before anouncing anything.

I does feel weird the EV tour is going full steam ahead.  Maybe he's not the dissenting opinion in the band?
    I don’t think EV is the dissenting opinion.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    If the ticket is from ten club you can request it from Tickets Today, which is the TM affiliate that distributed 10c tickets.  There would be an email from them from March 2020 that you need to reply to to request it.  If the tkt is not from 10c then I don’t know how or if refunds can currently be requested.  
    gotcha. thanks. I bought my tix through TM. I'm guessing maybe the refund option will appear once the new dates are announced. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    edited January 2022
    My gut says the band & crew is on board for the shows and it is all coming down to insurance and uncertainty about what restrictions different cities may have.  Eddie is touring now.  That says it all right there.  I would be surprised if anyone in their touring orbit isn't vaccinated.  

I just want something to plan.  I love planning for tours.  Looking at flights, hotels, etc...  Coordinating with friends.  Hell, I wish they would announce and postpone three more times in between now and playing the shows in May.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,064
    Health officials say they can have the shows at the venues that they have scheduled for the EV tour. They have always listened to them and will do so going forward. All of the states that are having May shows as far as I know can have full arena shows. If it stays that way I see no chance of them moving the dates they have penciled in. I think that what is happening now is a delay in the announcement just to make sure the wind does not change again. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    PJNB said:
    Health officials say they can have the shows at the venues that they have scheduled for the EV tour. They have always listened to them and will do so going forward. All of the states that are having May shows as far as I know can have full arena shows. If it stays that way I see no chance of them moving the dates they have penciled in. I think that what is happening now is a delay in the announcement just to make sure the wind does not change again. 
    And if the wind does change again? They cant just keep postponing. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55
    Broadway is happening, indoor sporting events are happening, other tours are happening… Let’s go!  Time for some dates 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    And if the wind does change again? They cant just keep postponing. 
    Not saying it’s the right decision and I am just speculating. As a fan I want them to role it out ASAP. We all know what the situation and risks are with tours right now. 

• Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    afgpj said:
    The fall tour in 2013 began on Oct 11.  It was announced on July 8.  There's still time.
    Of course there is still time, that’s not really the issue. It’s the fact they are choosing to stay quiet even though pretty much every other major band that postponed has announced new dates or flat out cancelled already. This situation is very different since they have had our money compared to a brand new tour announcement. 
    I was just sharing that to show that an announcement one way or the other will be very soon, within the next couple of weeks.  There wouldn't be enough lead time for fans, etc. if they announced it less than 3 months in advance.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    If the reason does not relate to uncertainty due to Covid  I would be pissed.  There should be no marketing considerations for shows that people already purchased tickets for.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,401
    afgpj said:
    afgpj said:
    I was just sharing that to show that an announcement one way or the other will be very soon, within the next couple of weeks.  There wouldn't be enough lead time for fans, etc. if they announced it less than 3 months in advance.

On the flip side some of the most successful tours last fall (Stones, Foo Fighters, etc..) made it work by slimming down the process.  IE shortening the period between announcing, and executing (then keep the tours somewhat small and tight).   IE trying to make it efficient so you can try to do a quick in/out tour when covid decides to lull for a bit.

If you're a band that is erring on the side of caution when it comes to covid, planning out the tours too far in advanced, puts in a high chance of rescheduling again (ahem.. rage against the machine!).

That's my thoughts.   Obviously bands are all over the place when it comes to their comfort level with touring during the pandemic, but if your not comfortable, the executing a tour quickly while the iron is hot, seems to make a big difference.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Let's remember Mike's health issues.  I remember at Ohana, he was wearing a mask for a bit when nobody else was (it may have been when he came out with Brandi).
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I didnt know this bunch liked to discuss Covid...very informative 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    lj14lj14 Posts: 1
    Even the New York times says new coronavirus cases are falling rapidly across the country. It's time to do the tour already.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    States - yes….
    Ontario and Quebec - not yet. 
    Ontario shows should be good as of March 14… back to full capacity and only masking needed. 
    Quebec - no word yet on when they go to full capacity, but restaurants opened today at 50% and they are probably a few weeks or a month behind Ontario. 
    Quebec makes me nervous…. But should be okay in May. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
       The tour was originally announced with 7 weeks notice so don’t be surprised when/if announcement comes in March with 7 weeks notice.  

As far as transparency goes they informed us in the fall that the dates would start in May.  That’s the most transparent they have ever been. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    They're still working on fan club singles, one thing at a time, People!
  • Options
    woolyman said:
    PJNB said:
    States - yes….
    Ontario shows should be good as of March 14… back to full capacity and only masking needed. 
    Quebec - no word yet on when they go to full capacity, but restaurants opened today at 50% and they are probably a few weeks or a month behind Ontario. 
    Ya I see no chance of spring Canadian shows. If MSG in the fall is a legit rumour then we are likely in for a 2016 style tour for the second leg. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    woolyman said:
    PJNB said:
    States - yes….
    Ya I see no chance of spring Canadian shows. If MSG in the fall is a legit rumour then we are likely in for a 2016 style tour for the second leg. 
    I recall seeing the fall MSG rumour a while back… what was the source/ proof of that?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    edited February 2022
    lj14 said:
    Even the New York times says new coronavirus cases are falling rapidly across the country. It's time to do the tour already.

Yeah. The US peaked over a week ago and in 2-3 weeks we'll be around the same place as we were pre-Omicron wave.

And welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    D-Rod said:
       The tour was originally announced with 7 weeks notice so don’t be surprised when/if announcement comes in March with 7 weeks notice.  

As far as transparency goes they informed us in the fall that the dates would start in May.  That’s the most transparent they have ever been. 
    All of this. Anyone expecting different isn’t paying attention. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    DP13 said:
    A friend in a complimentary business told me that the profitability for 2022/2023 concerts and festivals has been cut drastically and that any artists still honoring tickets to old tours could easily be losing money. 

This led me to also speculate that PJ has toured the last few runs around very profitable festival dates and I wondered if those are again off table for a variety of reasons... if that would lower the chances of them wanting to hit the road?

That makes sense.

If just one or two festivals (or bands therein) cancel, it wrecks the whole house of cards.

There's a lot of moving pieces and dominos factoring into the puzzle.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    drfox said:
    Admittedly, I tend to take a “don’t count your eggs before they hatch” mentality to most things.  There’s a completely reasonable, and probably more likely answer for all of the above

- EV shows placed on hold due to the first round not having great ticket sales.
    - We all expected Baltimore to be cancelled so it’s not really a huge surprise
    - “Game over folks” plus the fact that Baltimore is starting to refund could simply mean that an announcement is imminent and that the waiting game is over 
    - Plus, they’re working on a new album with Andrew Watt.  That’s not a band that’s about to break up.
    - Communication still leaves a lot to be desired though, as cancellations should be announced by the band first, not people getting phone calls from an arena
    Exactly and remember all the doom-mongers on here last year who said SHN and Ohana wouldn't happen. My guess is the US tour will be announced shortly and most of the European tour will happen as planned.

Has anyone thought one of the reasons why no more EV shows have been announced could be becuase they can't fit them in until later in the year (RHCP are touring as well as PJ this Summer), plus the 6 month delay on shipping the vinyl and deluxe CD... There's no rush
    He’s approaching 60…8 of these shows plus rehearsals…16 postponed North American shows (maybe 15 without Baltimore)…about that same number of postponed European shows…probably more PJ shows not yet announced…Ohana Fest…maybe Ohana Encore again…how much singing can one man do?  

Ed's voice has plummeted since 2006 but I think he can sing at this level he is at on a frequent basis. He's never cancelled a show besides when he had an actual cold in London. I'm no expert but I feel like his voice isn't of the type to get strained like a Cornell for example. 

He canceled a whole tour when he had that muscle injury. True, it wasn't a voice thing, but it's not like he canceled only one show.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    D-Rod said:

All of this. Anyone expecting different isn’t paying attention. 
    So my prediction for tomorrow definitely being the day is all for naught?
  • Options
    Aerosmith cancelled Europe today…. Tour started in July. Citing Covid.